Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Vincent Kompany Leaves Manchester City To Become Anderlecht Player-manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Kompany Leaves Manchester City To Become Anderlecht Player-manager (530 Views)

Vincent Kompany's Burnley Promoted To The Premier League / Vincent Kompany Has Been Appointed As New Manager Of Burnley / Vincent Kompany Leaves Man City After 11 Years To Join Anderlecht (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vincent Kompany Leaves Manchester City To Become Anderlecht Player-manager by Redeakaa(m): 12:26pm On May 19, 2019
Vincent Kompany says joining Anderlecht as player-manager is the "most passionate yet rational" decision he has ever made after announcing he has left Manchester City.

The 33-year-old has signed a three-year deal with the Belgian club after 11 years at Etihad Stadium, eight of which he spent as club captain.

Saturday's 6-0 FA Cup final win over Watford was Kompany's final game for City, after winning four Premier League titles, two FA Cups and four League Cups.

In an open letter on Facebook, Belgium defender Kompany said leaving City "doesn't feel real".

"Countless of times have I imagined this day," he said. "After all, the end has felt nearby for so many years.

"Man City has given me everything. I've tried to give back as much as I possibly could."

In a second letter released hours later, Kompany announced his move to Anderlecht, who said his arrival marked the "return of the prince".

"I want to share my knowledge with the next purple generations," said Kompany, who first joined Anderlecht at the age of six.

"With that, I will also put a bit of Manchester in the heart of Belgium."

Re: Vincent Kompany Leaves Manchester City To Become Anderlecht Player-manager by dedonfranco(m): 12:59pm On May 19, 2019
The Man from Democratic republic of Congo playing for Belgium. Don't forget ur fatherland.
Congratulations to U
One of the best in EPL just like John Terry.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Kompany Leaves Manchester City To Become Anderlecht Player-manager by Redeakaa(m): 4:37pm On May 19, 2019
dedonfranco:
The Man from Democratic republic of Congo playing for Belgium. Don't forget ur fatherland.
Congratulations to U
One of the best in EPL just like John Terry.

So dats what u meant by DRC

(1) (Reply)

This Special Number Plate Honouring Man City’s Historic Treble Is For Sale / N'golo Kante Has Won A Trophy In Every Season Since He Moved To England / Ex US President Obama Meets Football Legend, Pele In Sao Paulo, Brazil(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.