Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? (3262 Views)

Since Abuja Is Now A State, What Is The Capital Of Abuja? / Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital / "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 19, 2019
I've been seeing alot of fellow Nigerians complaining of bad governance and I've asked people on the street what will they do to help their state. They keep running in circles without having a clear road of development.

I'm from Edo state and this is what I'll do.

Obaseki has done a great job is securing Benin river port deal that will begin in 2020 and making sure it's export base so my working is pretty cut short grin.

The next thing I'll do is face other areas of the state like uromi, auchi and make sure to set up different employment activities like the Benin textile mile will be awaken and will be situated in uromi.

Rice cultivation will be in abundance and the headquarter will be situated in ekpoma to export locally made rice.

In Edo north, we've huge tourist attractions that can end us huge foreign exchange.

I'll cut my salary in 3 and take the smallest part, my joy is to see my people happy so I'm okay.

What will you do if you are the governor of your State?.

Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 19, 2019
cry a good thread like this won't get attention but if it's about romance, tribal insult etc you'll see thousands of viewers.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by basmur(m): 5:10pm On May 19, 2019
You can NEVER please everybody..

1 Like

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by GOFRONT(m): 5:42pm On May 19, 2019
cool

If I become the Governor of my state, all churches in my state will start paying tax...

(business centres)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by IamD18: 5:45pm On May 19, 2019
I'll cut my salary in 3 and take the smallest part, my joy is to see my people happy so I'm okay.
That's what they normally say until they get to that position.

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by budaatum: 6:12pm On May 19, 2019
I will invest in education. Every teacher will be paid on time to start with and we'd be reviewing the purpose of educating people. Every school will have a library too and I'll pay anyone who writes a book or publishes one.

Then, a major audit would be done to see where our money goes. The audit will be published too so everyone sees it.

I'll sack incompetent people and those not producing. Government money is not for graft, besides, getting rid of those who've run the system for decades will make room for new blood whom I can pay more for producing more.

I'm certain that by the time I finish doing just those three things, they'd be ready to assassinate me. Ordinary local government chair does it and doesn't last long in office! That's why I'd start with education so people can understand what I'm doing.

Of course I would not expect to get a second term as a former governor of my state, Bisi Akande, found. He was labelled Baba Kilo for insisting he and his wife do not need a whole cow killed for him in the State House everyday, that they should buy a couple of kilos instead thereby reducing the wastage the meat sellers considered was their democratic benefits. He was gotten rid of at the next election because "dis one no gree we chop!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 19, 2019
GOFRONT:
cool

If I become the Governor of my state, all churches in my state will start paying tax...

(business centres)
that's a religious bigot thing to do
Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 19, 2019
budaatum:
I will invest in education. Every teacher will be paid on time to start with and we'd be reviewing the purpose of educating people. Every school will have a library too and I'll pay anyone who writes a book or publishes one.

Then, a major audit would be done to see where our money goes. The audit will be published too so everyone sees it.

I'll sack incompetent people and those not producing. Government money is not for graft, besides, getting rid of those who've run the system for decades will make room for new blood whom I can pay more for producing more.

I'm certain that by the time I finish doing just those three things, they'd be ready to assassinate me. Ordinary local government chair does it and doesn't last long in office! That's why I'd start with education so people can understand what I'm doing.

Of course I would not expect to get a second term as a former governor of my state, Bisi Akande, found. He was labelled Baba Kilo for insisting he and his wife do not need a whole cow killed for him in the State House everyday, that they should buy a couple of kilos instead thereby reducing the wastage the meat sellers considered was their democratic benefits. He was gotten rid of at the next election because "dis one no gree we chop!"
cry that's the bitter truth. Good people in Nigeria are hatred e.g sowore, moghalu and co.

We don't know what we want as a people, we claim to hate corruption only when it's not benefiting us. Sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 19, 2019
basmur:
You can NEVER please everybody..
fact
Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by budaatum: 6:31pm On May 19, 2019
Donmedra:
cry that's the bitter truth. Good people in Nigeria are hatred e.g sowore, moghalu and co.

We don't know what we want as a people, we claim to hate corruption only when it's not benefiting us. Sad
Then we get what we don't want and do not realise that what we got was exactly what we worked to get. That's stupid for you.

See my Osun State. We got rid of frugal Baba Kilo and replaced him with those who would empty the coffers then we complain that we are paid half salary every three months or so as if we thought those coffers could never dry up!

1 Like

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by budaatum: 6:32pm On May 19, 2019
Donmedra:
that's a religious bigot thing to do
I agree. I'd increase tax on the people instead. It's about time they understand me, Caesar, must receive my share!

1 Like

Re: If You Were The Governor Of Your State, What Will You Do? by helinues: 6:37pm On May 19, 2019
A governor in Nigeria states?? Mbano

(1) (Reply)

What An Officer Was Spotted Doing In Lagos / Campaign Goes Wrong For Oshiomhole In Opoji, As Esan People Shout "Oshiomole Go" / Sharia Will Be Allowed In Oduduwa Republic Says Igboho's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.