Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns (738 Views)

Obasanjo Warns Against Opening Nigeria Boarder For Poultry Importation / Alleged Endorsement: Obasanjo Warns Tinubu’s Supporters / Obasanjo Warns Against Handover Of Nigeria To Thieves, Hooligans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by besti19: 5:33pm On May 19, 2019
Previous President Olusegun Obasanjo Saturday cautioned that Nigeria edged near the cliff of decimation, saying pressing measures are expected to pull the nation back. Obasanjo said all the lists of a political breakdown were evident in the country, including pollution, weakness, and absence of confidence in the constituent framework.

The previous president talked in a paper titled, "Assembling Nigerian's human and normal assets for national improvement," which he conveyed at the 2019 Synod of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, held at Oleh, in Isoko State South Local Government Area of Delta State.

Obasanjo chronicled different endeavors and arrangements by past organizations since freedom to accomplish national improvement, taking note of that not a lot can be viewed as moving the nation towards social advancement. He said nepotism, absence of coherence of approaches by progressive organizations, and evil had impeded improvement, bringing about far-reaching instability, question, nepotism, and constituent misrepresentation.

He portrayed constituent extortion as an enemy of majority rule government, which undermined authenticity, and decimated vote based system and expectation.

As indicated by him, "We should all welcome that majority rules system that neglects to convey profits to the populace regarding security, wellbeing, opportunities and general improvement of work will prompt dissatisfaction and franticness and every other risk that can pursue.

"Through division and estrangement, wittingly and accidentally empowered by government, beginning variables of state obliteration are perceptible wherever in despising lecturing and backing, upsurge in tribalism and sectionalism, quiet and lack of concern among the individuals who should mind, and a hazardously rising inclination that your votes don't check and races don't make a difference. But then, we spend a considerable measure of cash on decisions like clockwork with obviously very little to appear for it.

"With different ills inside our general public, if these detectable side effects are not tended to, and expediently as well, we are going to implosion. It won't make any difference where the flame begins from, and it will spread quickly and generally, leaving no survivor on its trail.

read also: https://gistok.ng/nigeria-heading-towards-self-destruction-ex-president-obasanjo-warns/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by 50power: 5:42pm On May 19, 2019
The destruction will start from all the past corrupt leaders who made this country what it is today. Poor people have nothing to fear.

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by Casptainspecial: 5:45pm On May 19, 2019
How
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by IamD18: 5:50pm On May 19, 2019
There's nothing left again to be destroyed.
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by Abfinest007(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2019
tsunami it will be very scary
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by budaatum: 5:57pm On May 19, 2019
I think I agree with OBJ on this, though he is not proffering solutions. Nigeria needs to invest heavily in educating it's people to eradicate the stupidity in the heads of many, I'm afraid.
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by orisa37: 6:17pm On May 19, 2019
Poor people are already perishing.
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by sammyj: 6:21pm On May 19, 2019
Baba should talk more about how to bring the nation together and not how to tear it apart. He had the opportunity to make the country better but messed it up with politics. I’m not saying this government is doing better too and hope children of hates will allow me rest!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by bid4rich(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2019
How I wish Buhari has the kind of brain and intelligence this man possess

May God help us
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by BlackfireX: 7:54pm On May 19, 2019
Destroy kwa??
Re: Nigeria Heading Towards Self-destruction, Ex-president Obasanjo Warns by jbblues24(m): 8:52am On May 24, 2019
I think I'm crying. It's that good.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Those who Are Likely To Be Next President After Buhari In 2023 / Buhari Group Blasts, ‘the Economist’ – “you Are Motor-park Analysts” / Panic As Gov. Ihedioha Sends Thugs To Attack Okorocha's Daughter (pics & Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.