Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others (12730 Views)

Betty Irabor Celebrates Her 64th Birthday (Photos) / Betty Irabor Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Victory Against Busola Dakolo / 8 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Attempted Suicide -nö 3 Is Shocking (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by unclesoyo: 7:23pm On May 19, 2019
Betty Irabor while giving her thoughts on the recent suicide trend across the country, has revealed that she once attempted to take her life and no one should be judged for taking such actions.

While sharing the message, she mentioned that since no one understands what the victims had been passing through, then they shouldn’t make assumptions on how they should have acted.

She wrote:

SUICIDE!!! Don’t label or judge what you do not understand. If you haven’t walked in a man’s or woman’s shoes you cannot make assumptions about what they do or why they do it.

At the time I attempted suicide , I was sick and in pain. There was a volcano somewhere inside of me that needed to erupt and suicide seemed like an option to avoid the eruption.Don’t trivialize anyone’s pain just because it’s not physical and you cannot see it.

https://lailasnews.com/i-have-attempted-suicide-betty-irabor-writes-on-judging-others/

5 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Kendumazy(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2019
Hmmmmmm! Depression. That thing should even be classified under deadly diseases.

11 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Aonkuuse(m): 7:35pm On May 19, 2019
In as much as I won't try to judge them, the fact still remains that suicide is not an option

13 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Wahleehk10: 7:57pm On May 19, 2019
A
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Houseofglam7(f): 8:35pm On May 19, 2019
Suicide is NEVER an option.....
Like, WTF?
I know what to prepare for on this side of the divide,I don't wanna cross over to the other side.....fear of the unknown....
I wish I could even live for 1000 years cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by FlirtyGist: 9:22pm On May 19, 2019

Regina Daniels Smokes As She Hangs Out With Billionaire Husband At A Nightclub
==> Watch Video & See Photos Here
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by CTechHub(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2019
it's alright...
meanwhile,

6 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 19, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Like, WTF?
I know what to prepare for on this side of the divide,I don't wanna cross over to the other side.....fear of the unknown....

You can Jesus has given the way, John 8: 51. Your answer is there. If you accept him as your Lord and personal saviour, you automatically have that, eternal life, a life beyond possibilities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by bluefilm: 10:10pm On May 19, 2019
I'm sure you used a fake sniper in your attempt.

Next time, make sure you are using the original nafdac approved sniper.

After that, come back and tell us the result... that is, if you can.

Fools. undecided
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Lilshorecords(m): 10:11pm On May 19, 2019
Life isn't always fair truly! Everyone should stay strong this time. God be with everyone of us

4 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by hungryboy(m): 10:15pm On May 19, 2019
Aonkuuse:
In as much as I won't try to judge them, the fact still remains that suicide is not an option
because it's not an option for you does not mean, it's not an option for others.

It's not everyone that have the mental capacity to survive this banana republic of a country,if you have your reasons for living, those who take the suicide option, have their reasons too.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by scoory: 10:17pm On May 19, 2019
Sucide or no sucide, life is going to dispose everybody sooner or later after it's done with us.
Not everybody is going to take every sh!t life throws at them.
People who judge sucide victims are just afriad of being left alone.
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Paulpeterparker: 10:21pm On May 19, 2019
nobody knows what is at the other side so dont judge or pity a suicide victim because he/she might be enjoying at the other side.
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by damola1: 10:30pm On May 19, 2019
Even during the time of Christ. A disciple committed suicide.

She is saying don’t take it for granted

Eberejesus111:

You can Jesus has given the way, John 8: 51. Your answer is there. If you accept him as your Lord and personal saviour, you automatically have that, eternal life, a life beyond possibilities.

1 Like

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by seyilabi(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2019
bluefilm:
I'm sure you used a fake sniper in your attempt.

Next time, make sure you are using the original nafdac approved sniper.

After that, come back and tell us the result... that is, if you can.

Fools. undecided
you don't seem to have something upstairs.
I don't know why nairaland is full of f**ls as a members.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Amhappy(f): 10:49pm On May 19, 2019
Maybe when she had cancer. There's a street called hope,I think I read an article like that from her. Life can push one but ultimately don't end your life. There's a possibility for a cure and she got it. If she had died then it would have been all over.
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by jaxxy(m): 10:52pm On May 19, 2019
Suicide is a mistake, miscalculation and a misjudgment of an unstable mind in a depressed state or situation.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Bucky001(m): 10:52pm On May 19, 2019
Killing options are:

Homicide
Genocide
Suicide
Aborticide

Hence, suicide is an OPTION grin
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 19, 2019
damola1:
Even during the time of Christ. A disciple committed suicide.

She is saying don’t take it for granted

You can't compare the disciple who did that in Christ time to people who commit suicide.

The disciples own was for his bad deed done to our savior.

I don't judge people who commit suicide, what I judge is the society. The words you speak to someone everyday are they life, you here people who enjoy calling themselves trolls or critics to someone's life and they tell a man " I hate you fool, you disgust me " You are worthless, forsaken fool. These words can kill a person gradually and if that person isn't strong enough, he or she can kill his or herself. So a kind word to someone everyday can help stop depression because depression is a devils tool meant to destroy a man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by b49Ifechukwud: 11:05pm On May 19, 2019
hiann

@@@@@>>
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Respect55(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2019
Someone should tell her that "man's" shoe as used in that context represent both sexes as such no need for "woman's shoe"
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by truefact: 11:51pm On May 19, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Like, WTF?
You said this because all things is OK for you or you assumed all things will always be ok with you.... Just pray you never get into a situation you would pray and wished for instant death... There is such a situation, believe me... Some are lucky and some are not. Even the bible said, some are made for honor and some are for dishonor
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Houseofglam7(f): 12:04am On May 20, 2019
truefact:

You said this because all things is OK for you or you assumed all things will always be ok with you.... Just pray you never get into a situation you would pray and wished for instant death... There is such a situation, believe me... Some are lucky and some are not. Even the bible said, some are made for honor and some are for dishonor
Nope
I said this coz I'm a coward and I don't wanna find out what 'after death' is.
Okay bye
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Delite01(f): 12:11am On May 20, 2019
Exactly my thought. Never judge anyone who's thinking of committing suicide or who actually did it because we're created differently, some people are naturally not strong emotionally. Just pray God should not allow you to experience something that will put you in such state of mind. This is what I have experienced before and I must confess it wasn't a sweet experience at all. it was God that actually saved me. My life and this world no longer mean anything to me then but Thank God for the last thought He use to rescued me. The thought of not wanted to hurt my family who truly loves and cares for me especially my mum, doing such might cut her life short or put her in everlasting sorrow because I know I'm her source of joy. I was like let me just live for these people if not for myself. My advice to anyone who is depressed now or any time you find yourself in a situation of having suicidal thought, just pray God should help you overcome such feelings and also think deeply why such decision is not the best, I belief you will realize there is at least one important reason for choosing life over death. Lastly, talk to someone about your feelings, it helps a lot.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by OyiboOyibo(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2019
Whatever it is,suicide is never an option.....It is like jumping from frying pan to fire grin
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Judybash93(m): 12:59am On May 20, 2019
Eberejesus111:

Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Gentlewarrior1(m): 1:01am On May 20, 2019
Aonkuuse:
You know nothing simply say suicide is not good

because if it were not an option ppl wouldnt consider it in the first place and be commiting it

Guy imagine some one that is a sickle cell and now has asthma amd heart problem abi na chest problem. Yet still having normal lufe chllenges

Do you think that person wont consider suicide wella.
Re: I Have Attempted Suicide – Betty Irabor Writes On Judging Others by Nobody: 5:43am On May 20, 2019
Respect55:
Someone should tell her that "man's" shoe as used in that context represent both sexes as such no need for "woman's shoe"
How do you type something unintelligible like this?What's the point?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hehehee, See The Bikini Photos This Ibadan Girls Shared (photos) / You Must Prepare Make Way The Great Reset November 29th 2021 / Okey Bakassi: Pastors Abuse Comedians Out Of Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.