Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,110 members, 7,953,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners (9492 Views)

Jonathan Gives Conditions To Join APC - Daily Independent / Ekweremadu: IPOB Gives Conditions To Forgive Igbo Politicians / Kaduna Government Gives Conditions For El-Zakzaky To Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Abdulazeez99: 6:30am On May 20, 2019
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, has highlighted some of the requirements for appointments into his second term cabinet to include capacity and a proof of investments in any form of Agriculture in line with his wealth and food creation agenda, Igbere TV reports.

In a worship service today Sunday, at Full Life Christian Center, Uyo, Mr Emmanuel said that if as a leader he owns a farm, none of his aides should have an excuse for not doing same.

“I have a personal banana farm in Ini Local Government Area which employs so many people, I am not sure if I have eaten a finger of it. So, before you get an appointment, you must meet 3 basic Qualifications (Work, work and Work); show us your farm, because I am leading by example.”

The State Governor who was accompanied to the church by his Wife, Martha, identified capacity as an essential requirement for leadership, explaining that to achieve a greater purpose in life’s pursuit, diligence and commitments to assigned tasks are needed for experience and prosperity.

He urged parents not to encourage their wards to become indolent by giving them wealth without the requisite orientation either by education or apprenticeship to be able to manage the available resources.

“Jesus showed us the way when he commanded someone to give him two fish and five loaves of bread. So, he showed us that there should be a first point of contact before the blessing and miracle. So, everyone is involved including the Church in this mind renewal. We must work.”

Igbere TV correspondent in Uyo reports that the State Chief Executive urged churches to preach hardwork and not prosperity which according to him, the days of manna is over let everyone work out the process to sustainable wealth.

He said that the present economic situation in the country requires everyone to evolve a tangible sustainable development efforts to change the narrative.

The Governor thanked the Senior Pastor, Full life Christian Center, Rev. Ntia I. Ntia for blessing the church with the message of hardwork and not miracle money or sudden fortune without commensurate labour.

Preaching on the theme: Pursue Gain with Godliness, from 1 Timothy 6:5-10, the Senior Pastor emphasized the need for legitimate ventures as a prelude to wealth.

The Cleric noted that the society and the Nation has been plagued with wealth without honest or legitimate source and many consider it a blessing without considering the spiritual implications.

According to him, this Get Rich Quick Syndrome, has led many to doom and made corruption a way of life. He added that Work is the Panacea to harvest blessings.

Rev. Ntia said that Nigerians have over the years, celebrated wealth without questioning the source and urged all to refuse to be idle either in academics or material endeavors.

He recalled the patriarchs of old in the Bible who worked in their different locations to earn a living and posited that a man without work lacks status as such the time has come to celebrate hardwork and thanked the State Government for the Dakkada philosophy.

Prayers were offered for the leadership of the State, members of the First Family, and the Nation.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/693831/2019-why-i-went-into-farming-gov-udom-gives-3-conditions-for-intending-commissioners-photos/

1 Like

Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2019
Go away scope man ... which farming
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Nukilia: 6:53am On May 20, 2019
Nigerian politicians and their cock and bull stories grin grin cheesy
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by AmadiAba: 8:11am On May 20, 2019
Kudos
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Easybela(f): 11:05am On May 20, 2019
undecided trash
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by mytime24(f): 11:06am On May 20, 2019
Story plus
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by OzziOhinoyi(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2019
sad

Leadership by example. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by punisha: 11:09am On May 20, 2019

Damn...
After the clamp down on Yahoo boys, bloggers should be next.
Can these guys be honest for once? Why twist his words? Isnt it same church service i was in abi my ears were on sleep mode?

Wait, shebi Uyo is in Benin?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by flexyrule(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2019
Scam
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by manitoba(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2019
Way to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by seangy4konji: 11:17am On May 20, 2019
itunmo?
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Yomight91: 11:19am On May 20, 2019
Thank you Mr Gov but hardworking is not determinant of wealth is blessing of God that make one rich without sorrow... undecided
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Omo9ja147(m): 11:32am On May 20, 2019
Yomight91:
Thank you Mr Gov but hardworking is not determinant of wealth is blessing of God that make one rich without sorrow... undecided
but God can't bless u if u have nothing to do na...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by yinkus6750(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2019
Work, work, work?
You must not be corrupt and be ready to serve the people.
Your appointees will assist you to achieve your agenda and campaign promises to the people.
Your agriculture commissioner might be a farmer, but not everybody.
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Codes151(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2019
This one has finished Akwa Ibom! We derailing from the uncommon transformation
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by FhukaFhuka: 12:08pm On May 20, 2019
grin
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by BlackfireX: 12:30pm On May 20, 2019
Akpabio will deal with you....
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2019
Over to the intending commissioners.
Re: Why I Went Into Farming - Udom Gives Conditions For Intending Commissioners by booksrite(f): 4:10am On Jun 29, 2019
Way to go.

tongue

(1) (Reply)

Selfish Politicians Have Hijacked Nigeria — Balarabe Musa / Biafra - Proposed Plan Nnamdi Kanu Has For All Ethnic Nations In Biafraland / Spreading Rumors That Our President Is Dead Is Unpatriotic And Ungodly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.