Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (60436 Views)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by Elobless: 2:45pm On May 20, 2019
Congratution to him. No matter how bad a leader is he has a good side. we should learn to appreciate them when they do Good work. After all is not easy to be a leader. check were u are leading and see how leadership is like. How may love ur governance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:45pm On May 20, 2019
Salym:

I expected to see such even before opening the thread. Honestly, they look like a row of apartment buildings. Some people do not deserve to be called Architects.
They learn nothing in school.
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by johnDkay(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2019
Baawaa:
Why are we like this in this country,those that comment before me no one commend Okorocha for this good work,is like we Nigerians don't expect good works from our politicians
Nigerian are mean cold blooded set of people.
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2019
Baawaa:
Why are we like this in this country,those that comment before me no one commend Okorocha for this good work,is like we Nigerians don't expect good works from our politicians
It's a private university belonging to him
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by Moikiitos: 4:49pm On May 20, 2019
engrchykae:
should it rather look like a factory?
an academic environment should look better than hotels.
rochas is the champion of education.

This is a public contract not a his own business. It is alright if it is his but unfortunately is not. Yeah, he is a champion of education in his own right but in my opinion he failed already already in this design.

Perhaps the facilities in the hotel education building is good enough to produce elites graduates....
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2019
germanized:
Typical 3-star hotel designs... undecided

Some architects just don't know that design themes need to be different when you're building an academic institution....
I have never seen a balcony on a standard university admin building, I'm life.

Wall tile relief effect, made sense. We're not used to aesthetic red burnt bricks, in Nigeria, as cladding effect.

Above all, spatial analyses of a university set up should be sparse, as against linear, seen in these photos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by engrchykae(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2019
Moikiitos:

This is a public contract not a his own business. It is alright if it is his but unfortunately is not. Yeah, he is a champion of education in his own right but in my opinion he failed already already in this design.

Perhaps the facilities in the hotel education building is good enough to produce elites graduates....
maybe you should tell us the design for public schools and private schools.
i think is time we upgrade
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by Moikiitos: 12:09pm On May 21, 2019
engrchykae:
maybe you should tell us the design for public schools and private schools.
i think is time we upgrade

I'm not an architect by profession, so I can't take the job that I am not qualified (that's call moral ethic and being professional). Even though I did have the opportunity to deciding it, I do a better job than the one you and I is debating. Something missing in the incompetent people managing that office. But unlike the people you're defending...you should tell them not to give public project to just anyone. That young/old architect that also submitted his/her proposal they tossed it to trash because is not one of them in government or management or refuse to bribe...

Just saying...things should be done the right way. They can even shortlists any of the proposed designs and leave it for the people to make vote on it rather than impose it on them...That's why is called public project not his own private money or investment.

If it was his, I won't comment because his money is choose...and do or design whatever. I don't care.
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by altereg0: 9:38am On May 22, 2019
Moskylatata:
the road on the last picture was photo shopped, what a shame

Not photoshopped; that particular image is a 3d render.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by tck2000(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2019
Typical 3-star hotel designs... undecided

Some architects just don't know that design themes need to be different when you're building an academic institution....
lol
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by Raxxye(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2019
Princedapace:
Guys, we are a bit above 700 now. Getting close to 1000.

Nairalanders, a very good friend of mine is doing her PhD and she needs our help. She needs us to help answer her survey questions which is part of her course requirements. It is an online survey from university of Florida and it won't take more than five minutes of your time.
Pls, let help a sister to meet part of her course requirements. If you are led and you care to help, simply visit the survey form here:

Hello dear. I am conducting a study to test the role of chemists or road side drug sellers in determining drug competency in Nigeria. Please follow this link and help me take a quick survey https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jNcmnnAygN1BYx

Thank you so much for your help.

Done
Re: The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos by ubox: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2020
MorufuAtanda:

Rochas na crook na. The University is his private project for his personal pocket. A relative was talking about sending his kids there, I told him I won't advise anyone to send his kids to a university that is shrouded in financial misappropriation. Gov. Ihedioha could wake up one day and freeze the account of the University to recover stolen funds that were used to build it while Rochas is cooling off in Owerri prisons.
It's almost happening as we speak https://www.nairaland.com/6299724/uzodimma-seals-okorochas-eastern-palm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killings Of Innocent Unijos Students.. / 20 Rarely Used English Words That We Need To Know / Instagram Slay Queen Spotted Teaching In A Secondary School In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.