Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record (27427 Views)

BBNaija 2018 Finale Voting Result As Miracle Wins / UNILAG Female Students Set For BBNaija Finale Tonight At Moremi Hall / BBNaija 2018 Grand Finale And Winner Announcement (Live Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by MztaIkp(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

I doubt if ANYONE out there liked this final season angry
I didn't like it, I LOVED it.

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Crenzywilliams(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2019
don4real18:

There can't be an epic battle between the Night king and anyone. He's way too powerful. So, the way he died was perfect. A stealth kill by the one who just journeyed to the West of Westeros. I expected the fight between the walkers and the humans to last at least three episodes though.
Exactly my point... His death should have been pushed.
Anyhow. ..It ended terribly...
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by papyskinsy: 8:38am On May 21, 2019
starbuck:
I don't do GoT, so I am ok with my
Power Strike back Shooter Gifted Last ship Grey Anatomy 24 Prison Break Escape Unit Nikita Lucifer Dominion Val Helsing Designated survivor Revolution Into the badlands Missing Covet affairs Salem Son of gun Notorious Professional Znation Travelers 12 monkey Shannara chronicles Shadow hunters 24 legacy Kidnap and Ransom Assassin Six Between Tyrant Blindspot
na wa oh. guy u no get work

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Karemarealty288(m): 8:39am On May 21, 2019
anambraamaka:
cry
They killed the story with bad writing terrible ending.
Too many blunders

For me..no series is as interesting as "Breaking Bad" Walter White and Co.
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Airoflaw(m): 8:46am On May 21, 2019
The only part i like in d last eps is the part where the dragon was burning the iron throne.(the dragon be like: na because of dis thing una just dey kill una sef,)

4 Likes

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by odigbosky(m): 8:56am On May 21, 2019
Started watching it since 2013 and truth is that I didn't regret watching it. GOT is the only season movie that has kept me at bay for years. I hardly finish seasonal movies, I get tired easily. From Rome to Spartacus to Merlin and the UNIT and so many more, only Vikings comes next to GOT in my rankings.
GOT wasn't over hyped, this is actually the first season movie that has actually got people talking and kept an outstanding audience world wide. Over a million people signed a petition to rewrite the last season within a week. It shows how this show has grown. Why people are crying is because they have absolutely nothing to supplement their addiction. GOT was an addiction and like Tomrund said, all things have an ending even GOT. Half of her fans would watch a spin off if HBO decides to make any

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by anungangampu: 8:58am On May 21, 2019
nairalee:
I just dey vex. Annoying season 8 and an infuriating final episode.

A beautiful story ruined by rush rush. Even nolywood would do better

They just suddenly rushed Dany to be mad.

So the Snow killed Dany and the unsullied and dothraki just keep quiet

How can Tyrion standing trial be choosing King at the same time?

How could Brienne that they give title yesterday qualify to be in that meeting?

How come was dothraki there also when they said they killed ALL in the long night war at winterfell?

Then the choice of Bran.... So ordinary!

How could the Starks say they don't wanna be part of the Seven kingdoms yet a stark is ruling the Seven Kingdom.

Even tales by moonlight writers will do a better job
same question i am asking......... How can a man standing trial for treason select a king at his own trial and also made the kings hand at his own trial....how can Dany miss in action and his Unsullied didnt do anything....sure Nollywood can do better

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by paddyofboss(m): 9:02am On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

Power
Strike back
Shooter
Gifted
Last ship
Grey Anatomy
Prison Break
Escape
Unit
Nikita
Lucifer
Dominion
Val Helsing
Designated survivor
Revolution
Into the badlands
Missing
Covet affairs
Salem
Son of gun
Notorious
Professional
Znation
Travelers
12 monkey
Shannara chronicles
Shadow hunters
24 legacy
Kidnap and Ransom
Assassin
Six
Between
Tyrant
Blindspot
Add Vikings.. But wait u have time ooo.. U watched all these and still have a job?

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by ernieboy(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2019
post=78573052:
We know the kind of youths we have in the country when a thread of Games of thrones gets very high comments and views than a thread on anything Nollywood!

God help Nigeria!!
which Bollywood? abegi
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by opara28(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2019
I don't see any issue with the ending, this is not your regular Nollywood movie whereby you already know the end from the beginning.
If they had given fans what they imagine, i'm not sure they would have been consistent, relevant and make people crave for their series these past years.
KUDOS TO THE WRITERS AND PRODUCERS
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by mexzony: 9:54am On May 21, 2019
Frankiss44:

Terrible is understatement... But it doesn't take away the fact that it remains one of the greatest show ever aired on TV... Lord of the rings doesn't come close
No offense but are you nuts. Pls leave Lord of the rings alone o. That movie is in a league of its own.

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by charlesm91(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

Power
Strike back
Shooter
Gifted
Last ship
Grey Anatomy
Prison Break
Escape
Unit
Nikita
Lucifer
Dominion
Val Helsing
Designated survivor
Revolution
Into the badlands
Missing
Covet affairs
Salem
Son of gun
Notorious
Professional
Znation
Travelers
12 monkey
Shannara chronicles
Shadow hunters
24 legacy
Kidnap and Ransom
Assassin
Six
Between
Tyrant
Blindspot
12 monkeys.. your head dey there

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Vacora(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2019
One of the greatest TV shows on the planet and some people on Nairaland are comparing it to subpar, low budget and discontinued shows? Which of those shows have commanded the box office or lasted over 7 years? My all time favourites : The Wire and Breaking Bad.
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by MiddleDimension: 11:05am On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

Power
Strike back
Shooter
Gifted
Last ship
Grey Anatomy
Prison Break
Escape
Unit
Nikita
Lucifer
Dominion
Val Helsing
Designated survivor
Revolution
Into the badlands
Missing
Covet affairs
Salem
Son of gun
Notorious
Professional
Znation
Travelers
12 monkey
Shannara chronicles
Shadow hunters
24 legacy
Kidnap and Ransom
Assassin
Six
Between
Tyrant
Blindspot

where is pillars of the earth and world without end?

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Frankiss44(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2019
mexzony:

No offense but are you nuts. Pls leave Lord of the rings alone o. That movie is in a league of its own.

No offense... But your father is nuts.. Lord of the ring doesn't come close I repeat
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by anambraamaka: 11:51am On May 21, 2019
Karemarealty288:

For me..no series is as interesting as "Breaking Bad" Walter White and Co.

Too many people are talking about breaking bad.
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by XwhY(m): 11:54am On May 21, 2019
nairalee:
I just dey vex. Annoying season 8 and an infuriating final episode.

A beautiful story ruined by rush rush. Even nolywood would do better

They just suddenly rushed Dany to be mad.

So the Snow killed Dany and the unsullied and dothraki just keep quiet

How can Tyrion standing trial be choosing King at the same time?

How could Brienne that they give title yesterday qualify to be in that meeting?

How come was dothraki there also when they said they killed ALL in the long night war at winterfell?

Then the choice of Bran.... So ordinary!

How could the Starks say they don't wanna be part of the Seven kingdoms yet a stark is ruling the Seven Kingdom.

Even tales by moonlight writers will do a better job

You really nailed those gaps
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Ceekay212: 12:14pm On May 21, 2019
ipledge10:
I do cos I don’t believe in fairytales.
the dumbest comment I've seen.......you don't believe in fairytales but you believe in dragons
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by brainboss1: 12:30pm On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

Power
Strike back
Shooter
Gifted
Last ship
Grey Anatomy
Prison Break
Escape
Unit
Nikita
Lucifer
Dominion
Val Helsing
Designated survivor
Revolution
Into the badlands
Missing
Covet affairs
Salem
Son of gun
Notorious
Professional
Znation
Travelers
12 monkey
Shannara chronicles
Shadow hunters
24 legacy
Kidnap and Ransom
Assassin
Six
Between
Tyrant
Blindspot
You have some really great movies listed up there and some terrible ones also. What are you doing with 24 legacy and Six

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by Kennydoc(m): 12:41pm On May 21, 2019
post=78573052:
We know the kind of youths we have in the country when a thread of Games of thrones gets very high comments and views than a thread on anything Nollywood!

God help Nigeria!!

Just the same way EPL threads have far more comments than threads on NPFL (which are almost never seen anyway). It's all about quality.
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by mexzony: 12:43pm On May 21, 2019
Frankiss44:

No offense... But your father is nuts.. Lord of the ring doesn't come close I repeat
Did you have to bring my father into this.
Besides I meant it as a banter. Anyway sorry if you felt offended. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by starbuck(f): 4:31pm On May 21, 2019
brainboss1:

You have some really great movies listed up there and some terrible ones also. What are you doing with 24 legacy and Six

Those 2 are even great compared to "Unit"... Most boring action movie ever
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by starbuck(f): 4:32pm On May 21, 2019
MiddleDimension:

where is pillars of the earth and world without end?

Will definitely add it to my list when I see them
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by starbuck(f): 4:32pm On May 21, 2019
charlesm91:

12 monkeys.. your head dey there

That movie is epic
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by starbuck(f): 4:35pm On May 21, 2019
paddyofboss:

Add Vikings.. But wait u have time ooo.. U watched all these and still have a job?

A job and family.. I see them when I am done with every every
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by MiddleDimension: 4:40pm On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

Will definitely add it to my list when I see them

watch Pillars of The Earth first of all before going on into World without end.

the good thing about Pillars of the Earth is that it is just 2 seasons and 16 episodes in all

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by charlesm91(m): 5:40pm On May 21, 2019
starbuck:

That movie is epic
as in... The attention to detail is top notch, from season one to the finale. A story that ends with the beginning and begins with the end. Got me scratching my head most times. I respect the writers.

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by starbuck(f): 6:29pm On May 21, 2019
dejonathan:
What season did tyrant ends?

I stopped at S3
Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by paddyofboss(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2019
starbuck:

A job and family.. I see them when I am done with every every
Wow you must be a pro in time management. I envy u

1 Like

Re: 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record by brainboss1: 6:22am On May 30, 2019
starbuck:

Those 2 are even great compared to "Unit"... Most boring action movie ever
I prefer unit to six though

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot,Monalisa,Banky W,Others Stun At Movie Premiere Of 'Falling'(Pics) / Download Any Body Can Dance English Sub(indian Movie) / Bbnaija: Vee Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.