Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle (701 Views)

N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving / How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle by jiviwazonu: 1:10pm On May 20, 2019
Living Salary to Salary is when you spend most of your entire bank account before your next pay cycle. Your take-home pay equals or falls just short of your monthly expenses. Necessities like rent, utility bills, groceries, and transportation leave little room for discretionary income. Lifestyle purchases such as a gym membership or a trip to the movies are even beyond reach. This way of life is not the best and can lead to poor financial choices.

Living Salary to Salary can feel like an endless game that you can't win. Rent is almost due, you need to pay for food, public transport, nepa bill, and so many other things before the end of the week. By the time you get paid your salary, it is already spent on bare necessities, and the cycle continues.
It’s nearly impossible to focus on long-term savings goals when short-term financial challenges stand in the way. How do you stop living from Salary to Salary? Let’s tackle the issue to break the cycle for good.

1. Make a Budget

It’s important to create one location for your spending from month to month. You can either build a budget in an Excel spreadsheet or use several helpful platforms, such as Fundall, that walk you through the process.
[url]Fundall.io[/url] tracks and analyzes your spending habits to make the most out of your budget. Access your tracker at any time.
Within your budget, include:
Your monthly take-home pay
Essential expenses (rent, utilities, transportation, groceries)
Debt and savings allocations
Lifestyle expenses (restaurants, gym, gifts, etc.)

2. Track Your Spending

When you start budgeting, look back after a while. Check how much you have spent month on month. Set goals for the next several months and track day-to-day purchases based on how you spent the last few months since you started budgeting.
Now that everything is laid out in black and white, it’s much easier to make adjustments. Do you have a large expense coming soon? Add that into the given month and adjust your lifestyle spending to accommodate the change.

3. Save, Save, Save

In the early days of saving, it’s all about consistency, not size. Slowly increase your savings allocation until you’re contributing 20 percent of your salary per month.

Unsure of how to save when you’re living Salary to salary? Start small. Try cost-saving tactics like meal planning, opting for generic brands instead of designers, and cutting any monthly expenses you can live without. These changes may seem small, but they quickly compile into significant savings contributions. You can also use platforms that help you save your money in an efficient manner, with Fundall.io for instance, asides saving your money in an automated way, you also save money whenever you spend using the Fundall Lifestyle card.

4. Stay Motivated

It’s important to remember that budgeting is a lifestyle shift. Choose someone to keep you on track in your savings and budgeting goals. When you need a boost, check back in with your goal. How much closer have you come to building an emergency fund? Even putting the plan in place is a huge accomplishment. I personally recommend Fundall.io to you as a platform that can help you make quality financial decisions.

Fundall.io is providing young Africans everywhere with an ecosystem necessary for building wealth, growing businesses and living sustainable lifestyles.

Feel free to check their website here [url]fundall.io[/url]
Re: Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle by Nobody: 3:50am On May 21, 2019
I wonder what would have happened if I made this
Re: Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle by kunleweb: 10:57am On May 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle by alexsandro(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2019
I had the same problem. I used to leave from monday to friday. Only work, no life. The Sunday scaries. The Monday struggle. The midweek slump. When the work week fatigue starts to hit, what do you do? No matter what field of you’re in, everyone knows the feeling of trying to just make it to the weekend, and pull through another week of work-life stress. I checked article how to manage your work week and it helped a little. I hope something is going to change soon cause I am really tired
Re: Living From Salary To Salary?: How To Break The Cycle by jiviwazonu: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2019
Living salary to Salary can be tiring though. The best advise when you need to save is to use online automated savings platforms.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The First Woman To Lead A U.S. Army Infantry Division / . / FSE/ASE (account Acquisition Sales Executive & Firstmonie Sales Executive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.