Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. (550 Views)

APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by Gbawe: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2010
Even those who have lost faith and decided not to vote again are now willing to work for MC (Mallam Charisma)  grin grin Below Ribadu is articulating his cultural programme with entertainers. It seems to me that Ribadu , in contrast to what his critics have said, understands the problems of Nigeria and is ready to showcase his plans and policies[b] clearly [/b] for every sector anytime he is called upon to do so. The drive to lead is not an afterthought for this man as we can deduce it is for other candidates. This guy wan't to make a difference and Nigerians find him believable.

Ribadu Gets Artistes’ Support
From Saka Ibrahim Birnin in Kebbi , 09.24.2010

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu yesterday shared aspects of his cultural programme with artistes from all over Nigeria, and asked for their support for his presidential bid.

Ribadu said his cultural programme would be defined by three key elements that include the creation of a national endowment to fund the creative arts, a vigorous and sustained fight against piracy, as well as the promotion of public policy to sustain the creation of market access and infrastructure support for the industry.

The event drew people from various aspects of the arts and entertainment industry. Amongst those present were movie guns and A-listers such as Patrick Doyle , Clarion Chukwura and Femi Brainard among others.
Meanwhile, the ACN presidential aspirant has said that the security situation in the country is bad, but promised that he is capable of providing security if elected as the next president.

Ribadu who was on a condolence and consultation visit to the Emirs of Gwadu, Alhaji Ilyasu Bashar and that of Argungu, Alhaji Samaila Mera, regretted the present security system in the country.

According to him, he decided to contest for the next presidential election in order to change the trend for good.
He said based on his experience in government for several years, he has the capability and potentialities to lead the country to the promised land.

And I understand the challenges of the industry, like that of piracy, but I say give me three months in my government and I piracy will stop. I will stop it because it is robbery at the highest level. I want to go with you as a vehicle to change the image of Nigeria. No better way other than the way you are doing it. You must be part of it.”

First generation Nollywood artiste, Stephnora Okere, who conducted the interactive session thanked all the artistes present for honouring her invitation. She said she had no interest in politics since the first time she voted, her vote did not count. She however has decided to support Mallam Ribadu because of the ideals he lives by. “I am not a politician but I am coming out now to vote because I have seen the person (Mallam Ribadu) who represents what I represent” she said.

During the question and answer session, Patrick Doyle asked Mallam Ribadu if would incorporate artistes in government when he eventually wins. Replying, Mallam Ribadu “it is impossible to appoint people who have no understanding of an industry to lead it. When I become president, artistes will be in the driver’s seat.” 

Babafemi Ojudu a journalist and senatorial aspirant urged the artiste to stand by Mallanm Ribadu, as successive governments had taken artists for a ride. “If one governor wants to bribe you with 50million dollars, imagine what he would have paid to the judges, what he would have paid to the police; all of those money,” he said. “Put even 50million dollars into the movie industry, you will know what will happen to it. Since we cannot carry guns, can’t we mobiles ourselves and chase these people put of government? It is not enough for someone to declare for presidency and invite you to come and dance and after that they forget you – as usual. We should have people should have a better understanding of the issues in the industry.

Speaking after the event, Femi Brainard of The Bachelors fame said, “I love his ideas, his foresight. There is every hope for the country if we have many Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s type in government.”

Sunny  Okoriji former president of PMAN also declared his support for Mallam RIbadu. “No great nation in  human history has been built by cowards and Nuhu Ribadu has shown himself not  to be a coward, because he has a history that I can communicate with,” he said.  “Of course there is the challenge of uprooting people who have made  Nigeria their own and it is not a small challenge but it could be done. But we are not  going to do it by talking but by networking, using all the technology that is available to us today.”

Re: Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by monkeyleg: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2010
@Gbawe, shey you have joined the TeamRibadu Volunteers group on facebook.
Re: Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2010
Now these are artisits with principles
Re: Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by monkeyleg: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2010
@Aisha2,

Yes oh, and the Ribadu train is gradually gathering steam
Re: Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by MShittu: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2010
The problem is that not that many people know about Ribadu, let alone his presidential ambition
Re: Ribadu Woos Nigerian Artistes. by Calsito: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2010
Can he truly bring the much needed change? I think the time for him to boost his campaign is now cos time is not his friend. If this forthcoming election is not rigged i think he is going a long way, also winning the presidential race is more than just campaigning cos this is not the US or Britain.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Blames Government For Security Lapse / Raymond Dokpesi Released From Sss Custody / Mend Disowns Henry Okah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.