Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. (20622 Views)

Refinery & Petrochemical Plant At Ibigwe In Ohaji Egbema Imo State(photos) / Provide Evidence That You Defeated Me In Presidential Election – PMB To Atiku / OBJ Prefers PMB To Jail Him Than For GEJ To Ruin Nigeria - My Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by seguno2: 7:41am On May 21, 2019
contigiency:
Truth hurts my brother. But it must be told. PDP and Obasanjo especially wasted our 16 good years. just as he said, you can imagine if we had started anything meaningful in the power sector since that time, we would have been far better developed. I am convinced that before the close of buhari's second term almost all the federal institutions in the country would have sufficient power to use.

If Obasanjo wasted half of the 16 years why did Buhari and APC beg him in 2015 to help them into power? Why has he not been arrested and prosecuted?
Lagos and Borno, are two states governed by APC for 20 years. Since they don’t have 24/7 electricity and water, not mentioning full school enrolment for children, did they also waste and steal all their allocation, IGR, loans, bailouts, Paris club refunds etc

2 Likes

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Princedapace(m): 7:44am On May 21, 2019
plaindealer:

Really sad that the average Nigerian youth is so narrow-minded and cheap thinking. It's safe to conclude that given the opportunity as a leader to execute this kind of project or even offer any meaningful solution, you won't be able to because of self-induced pessimism, cynism and lack of vision.

The current not so great old leaders are definitely better than the average Nigerian youths.

U made good points but when dealing wit issues, deal with it very well from the root.

Poverty is the cause of the issue u raised. Many students don't have money for gas. There are no jobs for students to do as part time.

Many families are earning less than 30k per month. When u dated my wife, when she was schooling, her parent only gave her 5k per month as pocket money. My goodness. What is 5k?

5k that has not bought average size internet data that was what they were giving a girl. It was when I came into her life that I increased her pocket money to at least something manageable. So tell me, if someone like that who gets 5k as pocket money in school sees opportunity to use electric plate to cook, u think she won't?

It was then I knew many other families do send their kids to school without any monthly upkeep. I was like wtf.

My brother, many people know the right things but poverty has made many to think upside down.

Govt seriously need to cut down on cost of running govt and pay them selves in order to increase the money that goes to the workers, especially civil servants.

Govt needs to create massive job opportunities for SSCE, uni students and graduates. The work in this country is large.

That is why when people say Nigerians need to pay high to get quality education, I always remind them that more than half of the population is poor.

The purchasing power in nigeria is poor. Very poor. In fact, if u remove Yahoo Yahoo money, which money remain among the mere citizens who are not connected to political power?
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Skmoda360(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2019
What about maintenance ? undecided
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by rusher14: 7:50am On May 21, 2019
Monjerk:
Good initiative.
But why would a president be commissioning 1MW plant. Don't they have local government chairman or house of representative person in their mist.

You mean the local government chairman that can't even construct gutter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by rusher14: 7:51am On May 21, 2019
Skmoda360:
What about maintenance ? undecided

Did you read the OP?

1 Like

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by mountmoriah(m): 7:55am On May 21, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Solar will eventually rescue nigerians from phcn, even startime bringing in their solar system in july. Phcn must get sense
you are right

1 Like

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Skmoda360(m): 7:58am On May 21, 2019
rusher14:

Did you read the OP?
Abeg leave matter joor.....is there anything like maintenance culture in Nigeria? Answer that question.... undecided
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by octavian(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2019
post=78573097:

God bless you for this honest and mature response to one the people that negativity concerning any positive news towards their nation is their joy!

It is always good and refreshing to know that we still have some reasonable people like you around here.
God bless you sir.
Bros longest time, you see people are insatiable in this life. The man does nothing about Power he is called Buhari dullard though I not his fan but if a Federal University can think and come up with alternative power generation + with backing of Government, then give Buhari some credit.

If he do problem, if he no do problem I really don't understand.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by octavian(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2019
ppogba:

Are you new on nairaland?

If you are not, it should not take more than two threads to know they are worse than the leaders they hate with passion.

The point is, topics like this are not their best field for comment.

Talk about Regina Daniels and Tonto Dike or Naira Marley now and you will see the best of them.

On MTN shares performance on an earlier thread, somebody said that since the share price is going up and they are making more profit, He/She hopea they will reduce data price!. I almost cried.

Bros for this your response, God will bless you generation to generation . Threads that are meant for real discussions you won't see meaningful engagements but wait till keywords like Hushpuppi, slayqueen, olosho etc. pops up .

Honestly, if we the youths continue this way in Nigeria only God knows how 10-20 years from now will be, by the way this is what the older generation is capitalizing on to rule us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by charleybam(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2019
Misplaced Priorities
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by rusher14: 9:20am On May 21, 2019
Skmoda360:

Abeg leave matter joor.....is there anything like maintenance culture in Nigeria? Answer that question.... undecided

Are you suggesting your home isn't well maintained?
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by 77up(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2019
deji17:

Nigeria currently has 43 Federal Universities. Not counting Polytechnics, Hospitals and other Federal Institutions. Plan is to use the same model on all of them eventually.
FG started with major markets like Ariara etc and it is spreading to other sectors.
Can you imagine if we have started this journey that we embark on now since 1999. Imagine where we will be now? Kudos to the Buhari administration.
I love people with this kind of mindset, God bless you.

We cant keep criticizing government without looking at their good sides and commend them .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Opaline: 10:15am On May 21, 2019
I didn't even have the slightest idea that Fashola was in my school yesterday... #non-academic student like me sef.. Smh undecided
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by akoaki(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
cool cool cool Wen the right person dey in charge of a country, the citizen rejoice. We the good pipu of 9ja are glad with Papa Daura.Feel free to dive into nearby river if u nor happy.God nor go vex.

Or advise them visit river Jordan or the Red sea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by prosnadis(m): 10:52am On May 21, 2019
3500panels to generate 1mw and u think to generate electricity is childs play...they are doing it in 37universities.For us to get to our desired place we must start from somewhere,can u imagine our universities having uninterrupted power.U must not critisize always bcs i know u read with candles in school...kudos to this govt....we must surely get there.
Chinashopping84:
At this age and time.The president of the most populous black country in the world cannot be seeing commissioning just 1mw of electricity,that a local government chairman can commission.shaking my head badly for my dear country.We sell Chinese rmb and we pay your Chinese suppliers.check below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by CodeTemplar: 10:59am On May 21, 2019
plaindealer:

Really sad that the average Nigerian youth is so narrow-minded and cheap thinking. It's safe to conclude that given the opportunity as a leader to execute this kind of project or even offer any meaningful solution, you won't be able to because of self-induced pessimism, cynism and lack of vision.

The current not so great old leaders are definitely better than the average Nigerian youths.
Stop overreacting. The guy stated the obvious and what he said doesn't in anyway mean he opposes building of such power unit but means he is concerned about what most of the power may be wasted on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by ThePreachersSon: 11:13am On May 21, 2019
Them dey sti commission 1 Megawatt? When country like the United Arab Emirates dey say the 1,000 Megawatt plant when them dey construct sti too small.

2 Shares

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by candelanetworks: 11:50am On May 21, 2019
plaindealer:

All this is grammar. What that person just posted is the fact. Besides when you supply me power, your only concern should be that I pay for what I use. How I use it is non of your business. There's nothing wrong in using it to cook whatever, if your system can't take the load, increase the capacity or ration it.
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by candelanetworks: 11:54am On May 21, 2019
candelanetworks:

All this is grammar. What that person just posted is the fact. Besides when you supply me power, your only concern should be that I pay for what I use. How I use it is non of your business. There's nothing wrong in using it to cook whatever, if your system can't take the load, increase the capacity or ration it. It is shameful that in this age and time we're celebrating a mere 1MW. 1MW won't even power my estate for one week end
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by ehissi(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2019
plaindealer:

Experience from cooking beans at home with 1MW power supply? Are you serious or you are just pretending not to be smart?

They produced an uninterrupted power supply for students to use academically and enjoy a better quality of life while studying even including cooking food to eat and all you are obsessed with is student cooking beans.

The only thing some of you are good at is criticism. I hope and pray that in future they don't put people like you in charge of anything because preoccupation with students cooking beans won't let you do anything.

I know your type, you have a can't do spirit and all you do is criticize everything based on silly and lazy excuses.

You make dumb people look smart, how many people on average, inclusive of squatters do you think live in a government hostels in school?

I went to UNIBEN, then they were just 6 hostels minus 2 medical hostel buildings unlike now when they are more than 10 hostels minus 2 medical hostels I never lived in one but I remember the way the light used to look like low current when school is in session and how it used to look like bulbs want to blow up, when students leave the hostels, why?

The answer is seen from afar, or shall I say smelt. If you are going to Hall 4 from SRC building you can smell beans, the cheapest thing to cook - just add salt and #20 palm oil - on top of Hot plate and you are good to go, them no need to paste am.....

Imagine an average of anywhere between 2,000 to 6000 people (in over 12 hostels now that they have new hostels) - that doesnt include those who might do same in places like Senior or Junior staff quarters or block of flats - all plugged in via hot plate to the battery cells that make up that power plant........

What is the life expectancy of those battery cells. And what in your experience about solar power plants, mounted in a place like bayelsa - Not Sokoto, not the sahara desert, bayelsa - tells you that power stored in a battery cells via a solar plant will be uninterrupted all year round?

Anyway, when someone who went to school is talking from his practical experience, just humble yourself by learning or a simple "why do you think so?" will improve your learning curve........

Olodo smart people detector
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by plaindealer: 1:41pm On May 21, 2019
Princedapace:

U made good points but when dealing wit issues, deal with it very well from the root.

Poverty is the cause of the issue u raised. Many students don't have money for gas. There are no jobs for students to do as part time.

Many families are earning less than 30k per month. When u dated my wife, when she was schooling, her parent only gave her 5k per month as pocket money. My goodness. What is 5k?

5k that has not bought average size internet data that was what they were giving a girl. It was when I came into her life that I increased her pocket money to at least something manageable. So tell me, if someone like that who gets 5k as pocket money in school sees opportunity to use electric plate to cook, u think she won't?

It was then I knew many other families do send their kids to school without any monthly upkeep. I was like wtf.

My brother, many people know the right things but poverty has made many to think upside down.

Govt seriously need to cut down on cost of running govt and pay them selves in order to increase the money that goes to the workers, especially civil servants.

Govt needs to create massive job opportunities for SSCE, uni students and graduates. The work in this country is large.

That is why when people say Nigerians need to pay high to get quality education, I always remind them that more than half of the population is poor.

The purchasing power in nigeria is poor. Very poor. In fact, if u remove Yahoo Yahoo money, which money remain among the mere citizens who are not connected to political power?

Good point you made, but at the same time, this power project created many jobs and according to the folks involved, it created 9000 jobs so multiply by 37 Universities, that's a lot of jobs. It's a tough road, but we are heading in the right direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by plaindealer: 2:12pm On May 21, 2019
ehissi:

You make dumb people look smart, how many people on average, inclusive of squatters do you think live in a government hostels in school?

I went to UNIBEN, then they were just 6 hostels minus 2 medical hostel buildings unlike now when they are more than 10 hostels minus 2 medical hostels I never lived in one but I remember the way the light used to look like low current when school is in session and how it used to look like bulbs want to blow up, when students leave the hostels, why?

The answer is seen from afar, or shall I say smelt. If you are going to Hall 4 from SRC building you can smell beans, the cheapest thing to cook - just add salt and #20 palm oil - on top of Hot plate and you are good to go, them no need to paste am.....

Imagine an average of anywhere between 2,000 to 6000 people (in over 12 hostels now that they have new hostels) - that doesnt include those who might do same in places like Senior or Junior staff quarters or block of flats - all plugged in via hot plate to the battery cells that make up that power plant........

What is the life expectancy of those battery cells. And what in your experience about solar power plants, mounted in a place like bayelsa - Not Sokoto, not the sahara desert, bayelsa - tells you that power stored in a battery cells via a solar plant will be uninterrupted all year round?

Anyway, when someone who went to school is talking from his practical experience, just humble yourself by learning or a simple "why do you think so?" will improve your learning curve........

Olodo smart people detector

I'm just happy that the initiators and the folks involved in this project didn't sit on their hands, get bogged down or perplexed and canceled the project because of students cooking beans.

I'm sure the folks involved did their power audit before arriving at 1MW for just 1 Uni which is more than enough and not only that, this project is going to power dozens of streets.

The youths are supposed to have brilliant ideas, strengths and vigor to overcome odds and challenges, not thinking about shallow issues like students cooking beans.

Elevate your mental capacity and fortitude to do what must be done regardless of the odds or lame thoughts about students cooking beans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by plaindealer: 3:13pm On May 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Stop overreacting. The guy stated the obvious and what he said doesn't in anyway mean he opposes building of such power unit but means he is concerned about what most of the power may be wasted on.

You are right, it is obvious that people are going to use the power to read, do academic things and even cook beans, that's the reason why they installed the 1MW solar power plant.

Thanks for stating the obvious and also thanks to Minister Fashola for doing his job instead of worrying about students cooking beans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Skmoda360(m): 5:34pm On May 21, 2019
rusher14:

Are you suggesting your home isn't well maintained?
Go and ask buhari now....rubbish
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by rusher14: 6:07pm On May 21, 2019
Skmoda360:

Go and ask buhari now....rubbish

He told me it isn't.

Little wonder.
Re: PMB To Commission 1MW Solar Power Plant At FUNAI, Ebonyi State. Pictures. by Skmoda360(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2019
rusher14:

He told me it isn't.

Little wonder.
Midget wonder grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Gives Update On Badagary Expressway / The Nigerian Alliance (TNA) Candidates For 2023 Election (Full List) / Ondo Church Attack: Osinbajo Saddened, Condemns Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.