Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds (12982 Views)

Kogi Governorship Poll: I’ve Survived Four Assassination Attempts – Dino Melaye / Umahi: I’m Not Afraid To Contest For President Against Tinibu, Osibanjo / How Saraki Plans To Defeat Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by fredoooooo: 12:44pm On May 21, 2019
Sarakonda the snake

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by fredoooooo: 12:44pm On May 21, 2019
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by fredoooooo: 12:45pm On May 21, 2019
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by senatordave1(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2019
kingkakaone:
I think we all should learn from Saraki.
He won so many battles but lost the main war.
He lost sight in the greater prize while his opponents were targeting a total knockout.

It is just like two boxers who are fighting, while one is gaining points by jabs, his opponents is going for a KO punch.
Saraki is smart but he lost his war due to men like OP who kept reminding him of his battles. He lost sight of the bigger picture by enjoying the numerous smaller battles he was winning.
At that time, Saraki was so much on social media, he also followed Atiku around, doing the American negotiation for him while his home was invaded by his enemies (a strategy he had never fought against) yet he wasn't careful, he enjoyed the online cheers and accolades, he even joined the 10year throwback challenge and forgot that the target of his enemies was his career.
Though a fine gentleman and a smart politician, noises made him over rate himself when he was expected to triumph one more time. If he had escaped that final battle, he would have been the most talked about political gladiators ever in Nigeria.

We should learn from the great man, his fight continues someday some how.
You summed it all.it reminds me of game of thrones where robb won most battles but lost the war.same thing happened during the american war of independence.i have learnt to choose my battles.sometimes,one must politically lose some battle for long term strategic purposes....
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by TheFacelessMan: 1:04pm On May 21, 2019
kingkakaone:
I think we all should learn from Saraki.
He won so many battles but lost the main war.
He lost sight in the greater prize while his opponents were targeting a total knockout.

It is just like two boxers who are fighting, while one is gaining points by jabs, his opponents is going for a KO punch.
Saraki is smart but he lost his war due to men like OP who kept reminding him of his battles. He lost sight of the bigger picture by enjoying the numerous smaller battles he was winning.
At that time, Saraki was so much on social media, he also followed Atiku around, doing the American negotiation for him while his home was invaded by his enemies (a strategy he had never fought against) yet he wasn't careful, he enjoyed the online cheers and accolades, he even joined the 10year throwback challenge and forgot that the target of his enemies was his career.
Though a fine gentleman and a smart politician, noises made him over rate himself when he was expected to triumph one more time. If he had escaped that final battle, he would have been the most talked about political gladiators ever in Nigeria.

We should learn from the great man, his fight continues someday some how.

You wrote my thoughts

The niggah was playing chess like checkers.

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by luuvv: 1:19pm On May 21, 2019
Front0lane:
Saraki is gone never to be remembered in the history of Nigeria ever again except he chose to constitute nuisance on SM like the two PDP idiots of FFK n Reno.
I doubt it if your family name is even known in your village. Everyone will surely become an history. Saraki frame will always be in the NASS complex until Nigeria cease to exist.

1 Like

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 21, 2019
senatordave1:

You summed it all.it reminds me of game of thrones where robb won most battles but lost the war.same thing happened during the american war of independence.i have learnt to choose my battles.sometimes,one must politically lose some battle for long term strategic purposes....
I almost used Robb as an example too.

Something similar happened where I live in PH. I was wrongly suspected of something but I kept calm and didn't raise any alarm. One of my neighbors said I should shout and get angry but I told her I can't start a war I'm not sure I'd win. All facts were pointing towards me then so I used wisdom to keep calm and go underground to pinpoint the cause which I got the next day. The person involved is now the one ashamed because he was the one who got burned.

She asked, "why we're u so calm that day", I told her I was not sure of what strategy to use, besides nobody would have believed me since most Nigerians go with first to report.

Sometimes, u have to appear weak to overcome your opponents. Appearing weak won't remove anything from you, it will make you so unpredictable before those opponents because they will underrate you.

I no be Delta boy for mouth, na head make up a real Delta person.

2 Likes

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Casptainspecial: 1:48pm On May 21, 2019
Saraki is a dead man walking

R.I.P to his career
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by hisexcellency34: 2:57pm On May 21, 2019
Why can;t they decimate him as SP?
Derinhenz:
Survived, or how he got politically decimated, rubbished, humiliated, and buried

Please change the headline. Its contradicting
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 21, 2019
They didn't really want to remove Saraki, they just wanted to make sure he never sees rest through out his tenure...then wait for him in the next election. Otoge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 21, 2019
Ashabbiiee:
oshiomhole...hunter becomes hunted. Ilorin Alfas and Imams dealt with him over Saraki matter. he will never forget in his life

The same Ilorin imams that said Sarki would be president and he lost woefully in the pdp primaries or that could not make him return to the Senates?
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by hisexcellency34: 5:19pm On May 21, 2019
hmmm. I can see that they really dont want to remove him

Blainz:
They didn't really want to remove Saraki, they just wanted to make sure he never sees rest through out his tenure...then wait for him in the next election. Otoge
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Yeah..he survived the efforts to get him removed as Senate President. His reelection is another story entirely

His reelection can never be another story but the last chapter of his story line otherwise people will miss out on the lessons to be learnt from the story book of Saraki who won the fight but lost the battle.

Lesson: "Always pick your fight wisely and look out for the bigger picture".
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 21, 2019
Don27tiky:
Did he really survived? What was his gain . he did stubborn head and lost his return to the senate..... I am sure he will wish he would have remain loyal and return elected. He didn't survive rather he lost
If you consider that the utmost thing great men want is neither money, fame nor position, but immortality, you'll realise saraki can walk away with his head held high as the third man in the realm during the eighth republic, here can never be forgotten even if the remaining 108 senators are
Re: How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds by Kdon2: 9:51pm On May 21, 2019
Dannyset:
This is just an attempt to place an alarm-clock beside a dead body in the hope that the dead body will wake up at the sound of the alarm. Saraki is dead and no political comestic write up can change that.

PMB is just being lenient and doesn't care who he works with. Will Saraki have survived a Obasanjo in this kind of scenario? You know the answer!

Let nobody deceive you, Saraki travail has just begun and he will be so submerged that he will wish he hadn't undone his former party.

It was an unnecessary post. Saraki is no longer in power. Dat is d issue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo: Eyitayo Jegede Picks Gboluga Ikengboju As Running Mate / SERAP Sues Buhari Over $25 Billion Overdrafts Taken From CBN / Picture Of Gov. Mimiko And Wife On The Queue At The Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.