Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud (37903 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Woman Over 150M Fraud (pics) / EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering / EFCC Arraigns Woman, Company For Stealing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by NaijaCelebrity: 7:41am On May 21, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kano Zonal Office on Monday May 20, 2019 arraigned one Hauwa Mohammed Sabo before Honourable Justice Obiora Atuegwu Egwuatu of the Federal High Court, sitting in Kano on a two-count charge of obtaining money under false pretense. .

The defendant allegedly obtained the sum of N2,150,000 (Two Million, One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only from the plaintiff, Badura Kabir Idris on the guise that he would invest the amount in his gold mining business.

One of the charges read that: “You, Hauwa Mohammed Sabo (Alias Hajiya Nina), sometime in the month of November, 2017 in Kano, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, with intent to defraud, obtained the sum of N2,000,000 (Two Million Naira), only from Badura Kabir Idris, under the false pretence that the money was for investment into your hold mining business which pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(2) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act."

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.

In view of her guilty plea, prosecution counsel, Sadiq Hussain asked the court for a trial date and for the defendant to be remanded in prison custody.

Defence counsel, Ladi Oseni informed the court that she was yet to file a formal bail application and requested for an adjournment.

Justice Egwuatu remanded the defendant in EFCC custody and adjourned the matter to May 23 and 28, 2019 for the hearing of the bail application and commencement of trial, respectively.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/05/21/efcc-arraigns-woman-for-n2-1m-fraud/

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Nobody: 7:45am On May 21, 2019
Fine lady
Hausas can fine sha
Especially one tribe they call basa tribe
Jesu
I spent a few weeks there way back. See beauty everythere
Konji hold me sotay I begin hook my preeq join belt so that e no go embarrass me again(only pros know this trick).

Fine or not she should be prosecuted if found guilty
Prison warders go file this one kpekus well

64 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Nobody: 8:02am On May 21, 2019
Shibaraba:
Fine lady
Hausas can fine sha
Especially one tribe they call basa tribe
Jesu
I spent a few weeks there way back. See beauty everythere
Konji hold me sotay I begin hook my preeq join belt so that e no go embarrass me again(only pros know this trick).

Fine or not she should be prosecuted if found guilty
Prison warders go file this one kpekus well
how wetin you talk take concern the matter for ground

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Felixalex(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2019
Hmmm

But why do bloggers always add the adjective "beautiful" once the story has sth to do with a woman?? Abi na nairaland mods de add am sef

This particular woman is beautiful sha but what has beauty got to do with the alleged crime?? undecided undecided

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by rockstar27(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2019
Oma307:

OYA MI LENU OOO (I WONDER OOO)

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by TANID(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2019
EFCC Is Really Trend In A Recent Time With Good Work
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by 004gist: 11:11am On May 21, 2019
You will never hear handsome man arrested or paraded. What you will hear is two fraudsters or two deadly kidnappers, two man squard criminals etc
But when it comes to woman you add beauty, sexy, burst

Yeye

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by BlackfireX: 11:11am On May 21, 2019
Yoruba people

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Jason007: 11:11am On May 21, 2019
lol....
what has beauty got to do with stealing.
Thief, na thief...
Dont come and be using grammer to scatter person mind.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Nobody: 11:11am On May 21, 2019
undecided
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2019
Erm, why are we desperately trying to redefine what the word "beautiful" means these days?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by johnkay1(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2019
Northerners don join yahoo.
Scammer everywhere, to do any deal online now na problem.
When woman that look so innocent like this dey scam, who are we to believe again?

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2019
Oma307:

Abi o
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by christm386: 11:11am On May 21, 2019
wow, am i reading this news correctly, grin ;Dhausa woman scam person
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by nonye6194: 11:12am On May 21, 2019
Useless caption. so na ugly people dey commit crime before ?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by rockstar27(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2019
AND SOME PEOPLE WILL BE SAYING HAUSA ARE NOT WISE, CAN DOLLARD DID THIS?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Sheriman(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2019
Eeiyaa This Fine woman dey Do Fraud... Tinubu and Buhari see what you have cause to this Economy
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Bolustical: 11:12am On May 21, 2019
Ok
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by IamPatriotic(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2019
Foolish man, the he actually wanted to "mine her gold" but the woman declined, if not why would you hand over your #2,000,000.00 to a lady to invest for you without you doing your due diligence on the project? Well na abboki the two of una be.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by christm386: 11:12am On May 21, 2019
EFCC is now like MTN, everywhere you go grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Waakanda: 11:13am On May 21, 2019
It's a pity cool
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by CSNg: 11:13am On May 21, 2019
They'll let her go! No be Dem dey rule us?

After all na "minor" stealing!

The one that stabbed her husband nko that was released from police custody under the excuse that she became pregnant?

===========================

Exide Sprinter 92.8ah inverter Battries for sale at N45k each.

See my sig and profile

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by aragon4realz(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2019
say no to yahoo yahoo

1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by mimilogistics: 11:13am On May 21, 2019
Terrible cry

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by MuhammedTaufik(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2019
I go run commot this country oo, before EFCC storm my house because I dey own branch
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by ayobaye(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2019
BlackfireX:
Yoruba people

No be humans? Tribalism everywhere. No development with that.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by Deltatoto: 11:17am On May 21, 2019
NaijaCelebrity:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kano Zonal Office on Monday May 20, 2019 arraigned one Hauwa Mohammed Sabo before Honourable Justice Obiora Atuegwu Egwuatu of the Federal High Court, sitting in Kano on a two-count charge of obtaining money under false pretense. .

The defendant allegedly obtained the sum of N2,150,000 (Two Million, One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only from the plaintiff, Badura Kabir Idris on the guise that he would invest the amount in his gold mining business.

One of the charges read that: “You, Hauwa Mohammed Sabo (Alias Hajiya Nina), sometime in the month of November, 2017 in Kano, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, with intent to defraud, obtained the sum of N2,000,000 (Two Million Naira), only from Badura Kabir Idris, under the false pretence that the money was for investment into your hold mining business which pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(2) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act."

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge.

In view of her guilty plea, prosecution counsel, Sadiq Hussain asked the court for a trial date and for the defendant to be remanded in prison custody.

Defence counsel, Ladi Oseni informed the court that she was yet to file a formal bail application and requested for an adjournment.

Justice Egwuatu remanded the defendant in EFCC custody and adjourned the matter to May 23 and 28, 2019 for the hearing of the bail application and commencement of trial, respectively.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/05/21/efcc-arraigns-woman-for-n2-1m-fraud/
this kind fine woman?if I’m d judge if she open Toto I go strike off the case

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Woman For N2. 1m Fraud by guterKerl: 11:17am On May 21, 2019
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsman Who Cut Off Woman’s Fingers In Aba Finally Speaks Up / Ikenna Unegbu: NIMC DG Defiles A 2-Year-old Girl In His Office In Owerri / Scores Of Bandits Arrested In An Hotel In Masaka, Nasarawa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.