Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan (41175 Views)

EFCC Secures The Conviction Of 15 Yahoo Boys In Enugu State / EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta State / EFCC Secures The Conviction Of Three Yahoo Boys In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Newguyhere: 4:33pm On May 21, 2019
at times I wonder how them they take catch this guys... is effcc now monitoring all our communication channels or what undecided
Or nah only guys wey dey collect money for naija them dey track
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Lotel: 4:33pm On May 21, 2019
I
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by henryadex(m): 4:35pm On May 21, 2019
Awon omo alaileko CHILDREN WITH NO HOME TRAINING
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Torg77: 4:35pm On May 21, 2019
Nollyzonenews:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Office, on Monday, May 20, 2019 secured the convictions of two fraudsters, Akinyemi Toheeb and Adebunmi Raheem Adisa before Justice Patricia Ajoku of the Federal High Court, sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State.

Toheeb, who claimed to be a final year student of the Ibadan Polytechnic was found guilty of a one-count amended charge of sending indecent images through his email address, and was accordingly convicted and sentenced to five months in prison .

He had employed the trick to defraud people, especially foreigners before his arrest and prosecution by the commission.

According to the charge sheet, the offence for which he was arraigned, is contrary to Section 24 (1)(a) and punishable under Section 24 (1)(b) of the Cyber Crimes (Prohibition, Prevention Etc) Act, 2015.

The EFCC had initially arraigned him on a two-count charge on April 30, but the charges were amended to reflect the conditions of the plea bargain agreement he reached with the Commission.

Dated May 17, 2019 and filed same day, the plea bargain agreement proposed a five months jail term, payment of $350 (Three Hundred and Fifty United States Dollar) to his victim as restitution, and forfeiture of items recovered from him to the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Above all, Toheeb agreed to plead guilty to the amended charge as proposed to the court.

All the conditions were met during the resumed session of the court on Monday, leading to the conviction of the accused person.

Similarly, Justice Ladiran Akintola of the Oyo State High Court, sitting in Ibadan, on Monday, convicted and sentenced Adisa to eight months in prison.

The convict, who was earlier arraigned on May 22, 2018 before Justice Munta Abimbola, the Oyo State Chief Judge and presiding jurist in Court 1, was originally facing nine-count offences that border on obtaining money by false pretence and forgery.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/05/21/efcc-secured-the-conviction-two-fraudsters-in-ibadan/

How does the efcc even find these guys ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Newguyhere: 4:36pm On May 21, 2019
Torg77:

Same question I'm asking grin
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by bluefilm: 4:37pm On May 21, 2019
Na Yoruba boys win this Game of Fraud hands down.

I respect Yoruba boys.

Tufiakwa.

Criminals.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by BlueAir: 4:37pm On May 21, 2019
simonlee:
crying because he's yet to rip a dime from the yahoo Biz and EFCC don gbab am! grin
the same way his victims cried
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by bluefilm: 4:38pm On May 21, 2019
Torg77:

Their victims lay complaints.

Then efcc will take it from there.
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by meggi4(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2019
this country and bad news be like generator and fuel
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 21, 2019
Electricboy:
even tho i dont condone fraud and illegal activities, i have to say sorry bro.. it aint your fault , if you had a better means or if the government had provided a livelihood of income for you , you wouldn't be in this mess....stay in prison , change and come out a better person
God bless you bro. U wake up in the morning you enter street no factory to work no companies to drop CV, no place do hustle no where I feel for him Sha. Not your fault bro.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Reference(m): 4:44pm On May 21, 2019
Its called a 'mugshot' and that's all. Though we we understand why you need to add 'photo'.... afterall this is Nigeria where we withdraw cash using an ATM machine....
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Snow02: 4:45pm On May 21, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
Hydraulic eating has been proven to lead to an increase in criminal tendencies including fraud, skull mining, rituals and armed robbery. No be me talk am, check Google if you think I'm lying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

cc OKNM
you should be arrested for scam you made me Google smh
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by luminouz(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
post=78590116:
See him mouth like expired fufu!

We ALWAYS tell you guys that CRIME DOESN'T PAY.

For all you fraudsters and supporters of FRAUDsters reading this, the next mugshot will be yours.

You can't escape it lailai!

If you can't do the time, don't do the CRIME.

Chikena!!
Do u ever actually BBQ or GRILL anything?? undecided
U are always on NL every darn time...kilode!!!
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by OKNM: 5:07pm On May 21, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
Hydraulic eating has been proven to lead to an increase in criminal tendencies including fraud, skull mining, rituals and armed robbery. No be me talk am, check Google if you think I'm lying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by feelgoodstuffs(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2019
This is the season of EFCC vs Yahoo guys oo cheesy
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Fixedgames8000: 5:10pm On May 21, 2019
[color=#770077][/color]see below

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Fixedgames8000: 5:14pm On May 21, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]see below

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 5:19pm On May 21, 2019
I lie? embarassed embarassed embarassed
OKNM:

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by uselesscountry: 5:35pm On May 21, 2019
Yes they will secure conviction because they are poor. Any small thing they will be rushing to court uselessness
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 21, 2019
luminouz:

Do u ever actually BBQ or GRILL anything?? undecided
U are always on NL every darn time...kilode!!!
undecided undecided

He is a well known fraud and cyber beggar

He has no from the business packed up long ago so he works with N-Power
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by OKNM: 5:45pm On May 21, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
I lie? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Look here, I have no clue what you talking about
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 21, 2019
Expression of interested needed for the supplies of chestnuts. chestnut oil and Yellow oleanda..
Ready buyer available in Enugu right now.
Please call: 08162504225

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Champneys: 6:53pm On May 21, 2019
Omo ole
See him mouth like dog yansh
Inshaa Allah you will all rot in jail
Scammers it shall not be well with you all grin
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 21, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:

cc OKNM
CruellaDevil. Welcome back tongue
Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by selemo: 9:11pm On May 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
See this old Afonja man bringing shame to his loved ones.
I spit on his ugly face
You are a black shit monkey..

Re: EFCC Secured The Conviction Two Fraudsters In Ibadan by ThothHermes: 9:57pm On May 21, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:

cc OKNM
Apart from being stupid you are also tribalist

You are even lower than I thought.
Disgusting.

Quote me and die!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster At Presidential Villa / Groom Kidnapped On His Wedding Day In Delta Rescued By Police Officers / Family Robbed At Gunpoint In Bayelsa (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.