Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign (66167 Views)

Court Sacks New Kano Emirs, Dissolve Four Emirates / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) / Newly Appointed 1st Class Emirs In Kano Formally Accept Their Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by IgbereBlog: 3:24pm On May 21, 2019
Tension is currently mounting in Kano as no fewer than70 prominent indigenes of Kano State and 22 Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) have charged all newly appointed emirs to resign their appointments with immediate effect.

They have been told to resign in the interest of peace and tranquility in Kano.

Igbere TV gathered that the concerned individuals and groups have sought urgent intervention of the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Mohammad Sa’ad Abubakar and denounce the creation of additional emirates in Kano.

Igbere TV recalls that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje had signed the Appointment and Deposition Act. 2019, which paved ways for balkanisation of the Kano Emirate council into four.

Subsequently, four new emirs were appointed for Rano, Gaya, Bichi and Karaye, with first class status.

But speaking at a media briefing yesterday on behalf of The Renaissance Coalition in collaboration with the CSOs and other stakeholders, Comrade Abdulrahman Baffa Yola, asked Governor Ganduje to rather dissipate his energy towards tackling the socio-economic and development challenges in Kano.

Besides, he lamented the hasty passage of the Appointment and Deposition Act, 2019, which lasted only 48 hours and without due legislative process.

“Kano State has over two million Almajiris roaming the streets, without any tangible and sustainable intervention to checkmate the ugly situation.

“Kano leads in substance and drugs abuse, we have the highest number of school drop outs and congested classrooms in the country, with over 150–200 pupils in one class,” he stated.

Abdulrahman also urged Ganduje to tackle unemployment and provide jobs for the 3.5 million unemployed youths in Kano and provide education for the over two million girls who do not attend formal school in Kano.

He also enjoined the governor to provide potable water for the over five million people who do not have access to clean drinking water and delist Kano from the list of states with the highest maternal mortality rate in Nigeria and not the creation of new emirates.

Igbere TV reports that another member of the coalition, Barrister Saida Sa’ad, accused the State House of Assembly of violating legislative process and giving undue attention to what she described as an unpopular bill.

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/700262/breaking-tension-as-new-kano-emirs-asked-to-resign/

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 21, 2019
resign or no resign, heaven will not fall

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by amaniro: 3:30pm On May 21, 2019
I will patiently wait for confirmation first.
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by tsdarkside(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2019
which kain trouble is this....??

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by MAXIMAL123(m): 3:40pm On May 21, 2019
Pure joke of the day

7 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by Dannyset(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2019
Mtchewwwww!
Toothless bulldogs. I was expecting to see something like "The Supreme Court" not some 50kobo Coalitions.

Rubbish

48 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 21, 2019
cool
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by stephenlove(m): 4:26pm On May 21, 2019
Nice action
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by millionboi2: 4:55pm On May 21, 2019
Zoo

1 Like

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by BruncleZuma: 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by NaijaMutant(f): 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
Posterity will never speak well of them.
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by utenwuson: 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
Seems all the wrong data rating Nigeria backward emanates from this Kano lead by the dollar man himself, 200 pupil in a class room, over 2 million almajiris, over 3.5 million unemployed youth,.... Most worrisome is over 2 million girls without no formal education....
I remember my nysc days... The only Hausa I understand then was '' zoh mana'' I will see a fine girl and I will say zoh, she will come thinking I can continue, next thing, I will say babe what's up, next thing I will hear is Dan iska, Dan boromba, buzu, ......

Meanwhile on a lighter note...

Please babe when coming try and get me suya, I need something peppering to shew, I'm having headache....

''na Dem''

14 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by hisexcellency34: 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
resign kwa? who no like better thing?

6 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by IamPatriotic(m): 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
Sanusi too should also resign alongside the six, so that [i]peace[/i]will continue to reign in Kano. Awon oloshi gbogbo

2 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by freemanbubble: 4:57pm On May 21, 2019
Okay
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by noble71(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
shocked
I don't believe any News from IgbereTV. Let me wait for confirmation.
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by sirusX(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
It's a Gandollar affair

1 Like

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by noble71(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
shocked grin
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by chloride6: 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
Igberetv?
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by ikorodureporta: 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
We'r our enemies....Boko, banditry, sabotage, everything
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by jaksmillioniar: 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
From igbere news I sware why wont IBO mind dia business is sanusi IBO ? DAT dey jump up as parrot dey like confusion and trouble DAT why no one trust dem to lead us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by nairalandankrah: 4:59pm On May 21, 2019
Gandollar oya give them their own share of the looted national cake
Eye wey see must chop
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by lilfreezy: 4:59pm On May 21, 2019
Wasting tax payers money undecided
Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by tstx(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
Goodluck

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by StarUp: 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
Looks like Gandollar is one of the worst things that has ever hit Kano State... Aside the kick backs he has been receiving from contracts, only God knows how much kick backs he will be receiving from the new emirs who he created emirates for.

3 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by TheFacelessMan: 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
Game of Thrones.

Kano Emirates version.

3 Likes

Re: All Newly Appointed Kano Emirs Asked To Resign by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
Dannyset:
Mtchewwwww!
Toothless bulldogs. I was expecting to see something like "The Supreme Court" not some 50kobo Coalitions.

Rubbish

That 50kobo coalition can wreck havoc if not checked and placated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Steps Down From A Camouflaged Armored Car (Photo) / Arthur Eze In Casual Outfit As He Visits Governor Ugwuanyi In Enugu. Photos / 7 Women Who Made President Buhari's Ministerial List: PROFILES + PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.