Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969707 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by hapheeyxz: 10:26am On May 21, 2017
shortgun:

Take it for a scan.....while at it I hope u didn't overfill d engine.
Too much oil is a bigger problem for engines than less oil.

Maybe its a head gasket issue.
Is ur coolant level always dropping?

Do this test tomorrow.
While the engine must have warmed up and running, remove ur dipstick with some oil on it drop the oil on the part of the exhaust u can see from the engine bay.

The oil will burn(smoke): if there is water mixed with the oil it will sizzle.
Goodluck.

Hello boss.... My Benz e320 suddenly start showing check fan and I checked the fan is working perfectly.
Another thing is that when I want to start it a times, it will show battery sign and something alternator written under it.. But the car don't delay in starting ooo. And this two things disappear immediately it start, just on ignition that it shows.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Hello boss.... My Benz e320 suddenly start showing check fan and I checked the fan is working perfectly.
Another thing is that when I want to start it a times, it will show battery sign and something alternator written under it.. But the car don't delay in starting ooo. And this two things disappear immediately it start, just on ignition that it shows.
What year is ur car?
Is your running on high speed whenever u start d car?
The battery indicator is normal:
when u turn ur key to position no.2 without starting the car it will display.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by hapheeyxz: 12:58pm On May 21, 2017
shortgun:

What year is ur car?
Is your running on high speed whenever u start d car?
The battery indicator is normal:
when u turn ur key to position no.2 without starting the car it will display.
2001..... Cant understand the second part of your question. If the battery indicator is normal then y is it bringing it in red like warning and y the alternator included?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2017
hapheeyxz:

2001..... Cant understand the second part of your question. If the battery indicator is normal then y is it bringing it in red like warning and y the alternator included?
Sorry typo....I mean is ur radiator fan running on full speed whenever you start d car.
The battery light is normal cos the ECU(brainbox) can't differentiate d battery fault from the alternator dats why they appear together.
When you turn your key to position no.2 without starting d car, the ECU assumes that its a failed cranking(starting).
You will now see the battery/alternator warning but will disappear when the car starts.
All systems are activated including the fuel pump at position no.2.....d fuel pump will automatically shut off if d engine didn't start.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by abibun: 4:44am On May 22, 2017
please, how much is the cost of w203 engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lungwun(m): 8:03am On May 22, 2017
abibun:
please, how much is the cost of w203 engine

How long is a piece of string?

Please be specific, what W203 engine?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by savanto: 11:43am On May 22, 2017
Please I bought a locally used W211 two months ago. Expectedly, it came with some faults. Can the admin add me on Benz WhatsApp group please? Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chuka25(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2017
shortgun:

Oh...sorry, based in Abuja.
Ask around u should get someone.
Note: it must be star SDS, don't don't any excuse that they are the same.
Ps my c240 fan is always on and at a high speed at that, what's d cause and d implication for a long distant journey (abuja to enugu). D car has been throwing up a lot of issues lately though.
Ps check my signature for my email address, I really need ur help and expertise concerning my car. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2017
chuka25:

Ps my c240 fan is always on and at a high speed at that, what's d cause and d implication for a long distant journey (abuja to enugu). D car has been throwing up a lot of issues lately though.
Ps check my signature for my email address, I really need ur help and expertise concerning my car. Thanks.
It will be better to revert back to factory settings.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chuka25(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2017
angels09:

It will be better to revert back to factory settings.
And hw do I do that sir?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 22, 2017
chuka25:

And hw do I do that sir?
Get your car electrician to remove your fan from direct connection... They know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2017
chuka25:

No need for emails sir....By the grace of God we will solve the problem here and for free so dat others with a similar problem can benefit.

Your fan runs full blast cos the ECU is not getting proper signals from one or two sensors.
The ECU starts n stops the fan, determines d speed it should run e.t.c
The ECU determines how to run the fan from signals it gets from various sensors.
If the ECU is not getting the proper voltage reading from any of d sensor(s) it will assume the engine is overheating or on fire and it will run the fan at maximum speed.

I will continue later, still busy with work.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2017
There are are mainly two sensors that will make the ur fan to run at maximum speed whenever you start d car.

1. Coolant temperature sensor.
2.Air conditioner pressure switch.

If you are getting the proper coolant temperature reading on your instrument cluster then the coolant temperature sensor working ok. But if not you should change it.

The AC pressure switch is one little devil that can give you sleepless nights cos its hard to detect when it fails and it can cause a lot of problems.
It can turn off the AC compressor on its own and make the fan to run on high speed.
When it fails mechanics will be at a loss what is happening to ur car, they will change parts after parts but until it's replaced you will never enjoy ur car.

Goodluck.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Omike85(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2017
good evening sir. please I have a 2003 c230 kompressor with no throttle response. scanned a ND got code p0222 pedal sensor 2 circuit short. noticed if I do a pedal relearn procedure it Wud work for some minutes den go off again. shud I get replacement for the pedal...checked for recommended voltage at the connector and got d said 5volts... thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chuka25(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2017
shortgun:
There are are mainly two sensors that will make the ur fan to run at maximum speed whenever you start d car.

If you are getting the proper coolant temperature reading on your instrument cluster then the coolant temperature sensor working ok. But if not you should change it.

The AC pressure switch is one little devil that can give you sleepless nights cos its hard to detect when it fails and it can cause a lot of problems.
It can turn off the AC compressor on its own and make the fan to run on high speed.
When it fails mechanics will be at a loss what is happening to ur car, they will change parts after parts but until it's replaced you will never enjoy ur car.

Goodluck.
Thanks bro, will look into that, will update d house.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2017
Omike85:
good evening sir. please I have a 2003 c230 kompressor with no throttle response. scanned a ND got code p0222 pedal sensor 2 circuit short. noticed if I do a pedal relearn procedure it Wud work for some minutes den go off again. shud I get replacement for the pedal...checked for recommended voltage at the connector and got d said 5volts... thanks.
I don't think d problem is with the throttle pedal.
I think u should tell ur mechanic to check the throttle actuator, most times the mechanics always make the mistake of fixing the actuator that will "fit" rather than the one made for ur engine.
What u are experiencing is what happens when they do that, it will work for sometime and start to fail intermittently...... Until u will become angry with ur ride.

Your engine is M271, check if the throttle actuator part number matches with ur engine.
The part number should start with 271..........
If all is correct, change d actuator.
Goodluck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 3:05pm On May 23, 2017
chuka25:

Thanks bro, will look into that, will update d house.
Uwc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ray102(m): 12:31pm On May 24, 2017
pls i want to know if they can work on airmatic problem s500
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 24, 2017
ray102:
pls i want to know if they can work on airmatic problem s500
Cc Gazzuzz. He will help out.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chuka25(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2017
Hi peeps, Ps what's the effect of missing catalytic converter on a car overall performance esp benz. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On May 25, 2017
Good day benz people. I currently drive a passat 1998 model and I am about selling it though the has been good to me all through our love story. I want to join the benz people and I don't know what particular benz to buy within the range of 900k to 1m. advice pls
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On May 25, 2017
afoxy81:
Good day benz people. I currently drive a passat 1998 model and I am about selling it though the has been good to me all through our love story. I want to join the benz people and I don't know what particular benz to buy within the range of 900k to 1m. advice pls
Toks or Nigeria used? Anyhow you can't go wrong with a functional Consultant klasse
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On May 25, 2017
Don't understand what you mean by functional con.... but I need a toks manual transmission
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On May 25, 2017
afoxy81:
Don't understand what you mean by functional con.... but I need a toks manual transmission
Functional means in good working conditions​.

W202 and W203 will be your best bets
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On May 25, 2017
angels09:
Functional means in good working conditions​.
W202 and W203 will be your best bets

thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by felphenix: 11:15am On May 29, 2017
Hello guys, need to buy some E350 2011 Mercedes part- looking for Mercedes Market place in Lagos- any directions would be appreciated.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Autopartz: 7:47pm On May 29, 2017
felphenix:
Hello guys, need to buy some E350 2011 Mercedes part- looking for Mercedes Market place in Lagos- any directions would be appreciated.

An email has been sent. Please check your email.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by gozmaxs(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2017
please guys how much does a Mercedes-Benz c240 2003 ac compressor cost?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pankere(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello. Been following for a while but I just got a w211 2008. Pls add me to the WhatsApp group.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by hapheeyxz: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
shortgun:

Goodluck.
Boss man! Am here again with my e320 2001/2 model.. Av been battling with this problem for sometimes.. When I want to move from rest, the car won't pick immediately... I was asked to change the fuel filter which I did, all the plug was checked, all nossle washed, still the same.... I changed the air flow meter, still the same. Please what might b the cause sir or what should we check again.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Boss man! Am here again with my e320 2001/2 model.. Av been battling with this problem for sometimes.. When I want to move from rest, the car won't pick immediately... I was asked to change the fuel filter which I did, all the plug was checked, all nossle washed, still the same.... I changed the air flow meter, still the same. Please what might b the cause sir or what should we check again.
Have you done the throttle reset?
Check if the air flow meter you fixed is not for V8 engine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by hapheeyxz: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
shortgun:

Have you done the throttle reset?
Check if the air flow meter you fixed is not for V8 engine.
Na how dem dey do throttle reset again? Aiit sir, I'll check.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.