Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (1018464 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (551) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sholarb(m): 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hello sirs, this sweet E500 V8 4Matic is up for sale.

https://www.nairaland.com/5000017/05-mercedes-benz-e500-v8

Apologies for advertising here...

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 4:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Fear of air suspension, or "balloon" suspension, as it is known in Nigeria, is the beginning of wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 5:02am On Feb 06, 2019
radautoworks:

Don't mind me. I was drunk on tea

Personally, I enjoy getting drunk on exhaust fumes, because such intoxication gives me the prefect excuse to behave like a buffoon, whilst exonerating myself of all blame, since I have no choice but to deeply inhale those aromatic car muffler gases whenever the opportunity arises.

Got bress Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
Eddee:

Just ran a quick search on Google and came up with this
Operator's Manual SLK-Class - Mercedes-Benz USA

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalAssets/pdfmb/ownersmanual/2008_slk280_slk350_slk55.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj8ipe21qTgAhUEUhUIHSd1AU0QFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1LIF7qf7llbrCeJnaJ6qxo

Have fun.

Thanks.
I already had these.
I'm looking for the service and repair manual.

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Philadelphia:

Thanks.
I already had these.
I'm looking for the service and repair manual.

Thanks.
Buy a Star machine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2019
Jakumo:
Fear of air suspension, or "balloon" suspension, as it is known in Nigeria, is the beginning of wisdom.

How has ownership of your CLK550 been so far? Any heavy expenses?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
Please house.
I have a 2005 mercedes Benz ML.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.
Today I checked the gear oil I noticed is somehow dirty.

What can be done pls
If I should change my oil which one is advisable?
Should I change the filter too or just d oil?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

How has ownership of your CLK550 been so far? Any heavy expenses?

The CLK550 has been running without a flaw thus far, knock on wood. Nothing beats tried and tested, old-school shock and spring suspensions.

At 9-years old already as 2019 commences, this car is the closest that I have ever come to owning a new vehicle, yet it handles so smooth and quiet, that it is hard to believe it is nearly a decade old now.

Due to the low suspension of the CLK550, I have to be extra careful, and pick my path when traversing rough roads, but this car is a rampaging speed monster on the open highway, making it imperative that I keep a very light foot on the accelerator pedal, so as not to join my ancestors before the appointed time.

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
Jakumo:

The CLK550 has been running without a flaw thus far, knock on wood. Nothing beats tried and tested, old-school shock and spring suspensions.

At 9-years old already as 2019 commences, this car is the closest that I have ever come to owning a new vehicle, yet it handles so smooth and quiet, that it is hard to believe it is nearly a decade old now.

Due to the low suspension of the CLK550, I have to be extra careful, and pick my path when traversing rough roads, but this car is a rampaging speed monster on the open highway, making it imperative that I keep a very light foot on the accelerator pedal, so as not to join my ancestors before the appointed time.
Don't let Toyota fan boys hear this!!

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RZArecta2(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2019
Alkali01:
Please House, I'm in need of advise, I want to buy my first ever Car, and I fancy to start with a Mercedes-Benz due positive comments I used to hear from users and my budget is only 1.5m. I need your advise please no insult. Thanks
lade007 can hook you up with something clean, a C Class from 99/2000. Great to start with and it'll initiate you into the MB world

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Please house.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.

What can be done pls

Cc; Oluwaseunla, Mammanbawa and Kingreign
I've had a problem like this recently, I don't have sufficient vocabulary to explain it but they can, cos they solved it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Please house.

What can be done pls

Scan the TCU
Also when last did you service the tranny?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Jakumo(m): 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
CityNGR:

Don't let Toyota fan boys hear this!!

Yes o. The Brethren of the Three-Pointed Star must remain ever vigilant and on the lookout for invasions of this esteemed forum by Toyota owners, and other unrepentant enemies of frogress.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
mammanbawa:

Scan the TCU
Also when last did you service the tranny?

I import the car from Canada last year June.
I've never service the tranny.
No engine or tranny light on dashboard.
I've obd II scanner and no code.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by NeyofeedNigEnt: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Eddee:

Cc; Oluwaseunla, Mammanbawa and Kingreign
I've had a problem like this recently, I don't have sufficient vocabulary to explain it but they can, cos they solved it.

Thank you boss
But pls explain anyhow abeg
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lade007(m): 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
RZArecta2:
lade007 can hook you up with something clean, a C Class from 99/2000. Great to start with and it'll initiate you into the MB world

Thank you very much for the mention...I appreciate

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by RZArecta2(m): 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
lade007:

Thank you very much for the mention...I appreciate
you're welcome brother, I'm a silent observer of your work here. Hope I was right about the price of the C class and his budget though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lade007(m): 6:15am On Feb 08, 2019
RZArecta2:

Thank you for the mention....I appreciate
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:17am On Feb 08, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Thank you boss
But pls explain anyhow abeg
As always please run a scan first.

If it makes a thumping sound when you try to switch gears, try to have the transmission's range switch calibrated or realigned (it's a simple and inexpensive fix). And sometimes, even after the calibration if the symptoms persist let the technician check if your gear selector is still functional (if its not, you may have to replace - may cost up to 15k or lower depending on where you source your parts).

As for the dirty transmission fluid, refer to your owner's manual on servicing schedule. But I guess you'll have to drain and replace since its overdue.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lade007(m): 6:18am On Feb 08, 2019
RZArecta2:
you're welcome brother, I'm a silent observer of your work here. Hope I was right about the price of the C class and his budget though

Oh yes you are very correct....the right budget range for a very clean and reliable one

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mammanbawa: 6:20am On Feb 08, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:

I import the car from Canada last year June.
I've never service the tranny.
No engine or tranny light on dashboard.
I've obd II scanner and no code.

It might not throw codes
That's why I told you to scan the TCU
Check your ATF how does it look or smell like
If it's got the smell of burnt plantain
You sure need a change
Get your Range switch recalibrated
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 6:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Eddee:

As always please run a scan first.

If it makes a thumping sound when you try to switch gears, try to have the transmission's range switch calibrated or realigned (it's a simple and inexpensive fix). And sometimes, even after the calibration if the symptoms persist let the technician check if your gear selector is still functional (of its not, you may have to replace - may cost up to 15k or lower depending on where you source your parts).

As for the dirty transmission fluid, refer to your owner's manual on servicing schedule. But I guess you'll have to drain and replace since its overdue.

P0705 Transmission Range Sensor "A" Circuit (PRNDL Input)
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:32am On Feb 08, 2019
CityNGR:

P0705 Transmission Range Sensor "A" Circuit (PRNDL Input)

Yeah. That's it. Although he says his car isn't throwing up transmission codes, i guess he needs a good scanner.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
Someone please help me with a link to get the repair manual for 2008 MB slk280.

Please.
Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor1003: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
CityNGR:

Apologies not accepted. Benz owners are kings and not drunkards. I will advice you to seek out your colleagues on the derailers paradise thread
See this one dey lamba himself. grin

I bet you 90% of the people on this thread are 17 - 25-year old tramadol/codeine-addicted and pant-wielding yahoo criminals. cheesy

Mercedes, the official car of 17-year-old kids cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor1003: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2019
Who open cage?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
nakoks:
Who open cage?
You get time to respond

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor1003: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
nakoks:
Who open cage?
Now is not the time for asking who opened your cage. Just be happy someone took out his valued time to liberate you and your friends from this self-induced asslicking and cock sucking of a mediocre article as ordinary as a car.

Just buy a car and move on y'all 17-year-old kids will just be here fantasizing over a N1.5m C240 that needs electrician every 2 weeks. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2019
conductor1003:

Now is not the time for asking who opened your cage. Just be happy someone took out his valued time to liberate you and your friends from this self-induced asslicking and cock sucking of a mediocre article as ordinary as a car.

Just buy a car and move on y'all 17-year-old kids will just be here fantasizing over a N1.5m C240 that needs electrician every 2 weeks. grin

Next time you quote me thunder will fire your left eye.You think i am your set?better give yourself brain this slowpoke you think internet can join me with someone like you?

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor1003: 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
nakoks:

Next time you quote me thunder will fire your left eye.You think i am your set?better give yourself brain this slowpoke you think internet can join me with someone like you?
E pain the 14-year old grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (551) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.