Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (986610 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Interesting. Any physical traces of oil? Any abnormal signs at your exhaust?

Exhaust is clean and clear, only steam coming out and drops of water

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

I got the car ds January, changed the oil dt came with it with 0w40,

This is the second oil change, did it at Radautoworks workshop and when I left there, nd got home, I got 5.5ltres

Ok, when I started the engine this morning, it was 4.9ltres, as the engine kept running, I saw it visibly going down till 3.5ltrs. As the engine kept on running till 90 degrees, it went up back to 3.8ltre and it's been here since like 3 minutes.
90 degrees? lipsrsealed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2019
nwanneni:
90 degrees? lipsrsealed

A little above 80 degrees sha. It has increased to 3.9ltr
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 8:12am On Apr 20, 2019
Engine oil level, OK

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:37am On Apr 20, 2019
Nothing beats a good old oil dipstick.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:10am On Apr 20, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
Nothing beats a good old oil dipstick.

I swear.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2019
Nwanneni, pls can u post urs, let's see abeg.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:
Nwanneni, pls can u post urs, let's see abeg.
sure,when I get settled
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
nwanneni:
90 degrees? lipsrsealed

Wetin ur own dey read?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

I got the car ds January, changed the oil dt came with it with 0w40,

This is the second oil change, did it at Radautoworks workshop and when I left there, nd got home, I got 5.5ltres

Ok, when I started the engine this morning, it was 4.9ltres, as the engine kept running, I saw it visibly going down till 3.5ltrs. As the engine kept on running till 90 degrees, it went up back to 3.8ltre and it's been here since like 3 minutes.

Are you still in Lagos? Bring it in Tuesday let's see what's going on.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
Essont:

OK, bro you have been very helpful to me, i just don't want to go wrong with my choice of w202 C200. God's grace I will be settling for it coming Monday.

I will keep you updated on all issues. God bless you and TGIF.

TAKE IT TO A GOOD MECHANIC SHOP FOR A DIAGNOSIS BEFORE YOU BUY IT
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
Essont:

Thank you sir, the kazeem told me the airflow meter can be bridged permanently by a change of brain box. I hope he is right.

Your mechanic is a kazeem. Dump him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Wetin ur own dey read?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
radautoworks:

Are you still in Lagos? Bring it in Tuesday let's see what's going on.

I wish I was still around. I have traveled back to Osun state.

Thanks though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
nwanneni:

Mine has never stayed on 80, it's always a little above 80 as u can see from the image. Anywhere I travel too, no matter how long the journey is, it won't rise above that.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Mine has never stayed on 80, it's always a little above 80 as u can see from the image. Anywhere I travel too, no matter how long the journey is, it won't rise above that.
ok great.normal
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by atiku07(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
shortgun:

I tot u will even say u will start buying new cars, tokunbo cars are second hand vehicles.
You don't know what the cars have been through forget that Vin report u believe so much in. Most of the reports are not comprehensive enough or doctored to place more value on the second vehicles.
If you don't know most people in Europe and America where you get ur tokunbo cars from don't know much about vehicles, maintenance or how it works.
Go to YouTube, you will see videos of white people trying to pour in diesel in a petrol car, or petrol in a diesel.
I saw one where a white lady took her electric car to refuel in a gas station.

The truth most people won't tell you is that in grading engine oils winter climates are considered first before tropical regions.
Let me also let u know that the bigger challenge we have here is bad fuel....there is no where in Nigeria that you can get 100% unadulterated petrol. Maybe u will also import ur petrol.
Bad fuel is a vehicles no 1 enemy, its worse than bad oil.
Whatever you think you are doing right you will eventually need another car tomorrow. So why spend a fortune on a vehicle that u will eventually replace?
Am feeling u bro u r hitting it right they almost made me look stupid as if mobil1 is all in all. I bought my c240 4matic since 2015 and have got no issues with it since. Some wey just buy Benz come dey feel like some yeye expert ijust dey laff reading some shit here only 2 ppl I dey feel here shortgun and auhanson not sure I got de spelling right so straight forward lol not like some closet experts. With my car serviced with XHP I dey go sokoto steady from osogbo with no issues, all they do is scare pp for no real reasons mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 6:37am On Apr 21, 2019
Radautoworks where can you be found?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2019
kingreign:

W123, W124. W140, W201 etc cool

And you forgot to add the w202 cry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 11:15am On Apr 21, 2019
shortgun:

I tot u will even say u will start buying new cars, tokunbo cars are second hand vehicles.
You don't know what the cars have been through forget that Vin report u believe so much in. Most of the reports are not comprehensive enough or doctored to place more value on the second vehicles.
If you don't know most people in Europe and America where you get ur tokunbo cars from don't know much about vehicles, maintenance or how it works.
Go to YouTube, you will see videos of white people trying to pour in diesel in a petrol car, or petrol in a diesel.
I saw one where a white lady took her electric car to refuel in a gas station.

The truth most people won't tell you is that in grading engine oils winter climates are considered first before tropical regions.
Let me also let u know that the bigger challenge we have here is bad fuel....there is no where in Nigeria that you can get 100% unadulterated petrol. Maybe u will also import ur petrol.
Bad fuel is a vehicles no 1 enemy, its worse than bad oil.
Whatever you think you are doing right you will eventually need another car tomorrow. So why spend a fortune on a vehicle that u will eventually replace?
Bros please don't be angry ,I have a question? If the people abroad had this mentality,would you see tokunbo cars to buy?

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:18am On Apr 21, 2019
You dey try follow who nor get sense argue. Since early pages of this thread nai that guy dey display this crase so.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2019
grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
atiku07:

Am feeling u bro u r hitting it right they almost made me look stupid as if mobil1 is all in all. I bought my c240 4matic since 2015 and have got no issues with it since. Some wey just buy Benz come dey feel like some yeye expert ijust dey laff reading some shit here only 2 ppl I dey feel here shortgun and auhanson not sure I got de spelling right so straight forward lol not like some closet experts. With my car serviced with XHP I dey go sokoto steady from osogbo with no issues, all they do is scare pp for no real reasons mtcheew

When its boldly written on my engine area dt I should use Mobil 1 oil for servicing the car, tell me why I should disobey o.

No one is saying your car won't move or take you to sokoto with Xhp oil, as a matter of fact, when I was still in the darkness like you, I used and still use 20w50 for my golf 4 for 7 years and na recently d engine start to dey weak. I'm sure the engine would have served me more than 7 years if I had used the right oil specs, and instead of using coolant, when the factory fitted coolant drained off, I was using only water to service it. I knew my ignorance killed that engine and that would never happen with the Benz.

If you like, use any oil wey u like, na ur car, na u buy am with ur money.

I noticed that, my golf takes noticeably more minutes to warm up to appropriate engine temperature than my Benz does....dts one effect of the oil viscosity.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
CityNGR:
Radautoworks where can you be found?

? Medical leave
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DreCharles(m): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
So guys, I eventually got the w203.
Such a lovely ride.

On my way back from the owner's place I saw coolant level low on the dash. Further investigation revealed that water was boiling over for the radiator in steam form. It occurred 3 times again after refilling the radiator. My Kazeem says it's the water pump. Previous owner said he changed water pump two months ago. Could it be that the water pump earlier changed was faulty or there are other underlying issues causing overheating. What are the things I should look out for in dealing with the issue. Thanks guys. Anticipating a robust answer

Cc: auhanson
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
DreCharles:
So guys, I eventually got the w203.
Such a lovely ride.

On my way back from the owner's place I saw coolant level low on the dash. Further investigation revealed that water was boiling over for the radiator in steam form. It occurred 3 times again after refilling the radiator. My Kazeem says it's the water pump. Previous owner said he changed water pump two months ago. Could it be that the water pump earlier changed was faulty or there are other underlying issues causing overheating. What are the things I should look out for in dealing with the issue. Thanks guys. Anticipating a robust answer

Cc: auhanson
grin Ghen ghen!!!
Money pit loading.
I don port to Lexus.mercedes can go Bleep itself!
Kingreign,I took your advise before I build duplex untop benz cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
nwanneni:
grin Ghen ghen!!!
Money pit loading.
grin

You're welcome brother man, the church is moving to the permanent cathedral site cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
nwanneni:
grin Ghen ghen!!!
Money pit loading.

Loooooooooool.
Una too funny, walahi.
Wetin you buy?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Loooooooooool.
Una too funny, walahi.
Wetin you buy?
08 ES350
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
kingreign:
grin

You're welcome brother man, the church is moving to the permanent cathedral site cool
sure bro.thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
nwanneni:
08 ES350

Welcome to the kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Welcome to the kingdom.
thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (548) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.