Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971056 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 6:28am On Sep 14, 2019
My people, my car now drives like a brand new car. The right shocks, right lower control arm and the tie rod end for both sides were the culprits. I had them checked by a friend's mechanic in Ibadan and trust me, my car has never felt this stable since I got it.

Mercedes is just a very nice car, too nice, too sweet. I'll never buy a japmobile lai lai....# Mercedesallday #Benzgang #Benzornothing

I'll advise y'all to leave that frustrated derailer, he has no idea what he is missing, the feel of the Mercedes is just inexplicable.

I spent just 35k for changing parts, workmanship and settling boys and I have been smiling since last week.

Wonder how lovely this car would be if I got all my suspension parts replaced with brand new OEM parts....

CC Radautoworks, Eddee, Nwanneni

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2019
Chelseafan1:
My people, my car now drives like a brand new car. The right shocks, right lower control arm and the tie rod end for both sides were the culprits. I had them checked by a friend's mechanic in Ibadan and trust me, my car has never felt this stable since I got it.

Mercedes is just a very nice car, too nice, too sweet. I'll never buy a japmobile lai lai....# Mercedesallday #Benzgang #Benzornothing

I'll advise y'all to leave that frustrated derailer, he has no idea what he is missing, the feel of the Mercedes is just inexplicable.

I spent just 35k for changing parts, workmanship and settling boys and I have been smiling since last week.

Wonder how lovely this car would be if I got all my suspension parts replaced with brand new OEM parts....

CC Radaut.oworks, Ed.dee, Nwan.neni

Congrats man, those bushings were completely worn out.

As for me, I've been having mild misfires in the morning, ran it through a C4 clone and discovered that those so called star plugs I bought here in naija are completely responsible. I just proceed order Bosch resistor style plugs and a hella secondary air pump relay. This fake ones wer I dey buy every 3 weeks no be am at all. - dem just dey trigger my CEL anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

As for me, I've been having mild misfires in the morning, ran it through a C4 clone and discovered that those so called star plugs I bought here in naija are completely responsible. I just proceed order Bosch resistor style plugs and a hella secondary air pump relay. This fake ones wer I dey buy every 3 weeks no be am at all. - dem just dey trigger my CEL anyhow.

Does pelican now deliver to Nigeria?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Does pelican now deliver to Nigeria?

Yeah they do via USPS - shipping is on the very high side. Used them extensively in sourcing for parts for the infiniti M35

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2019
Chelseafan1:

CC Radautoworks, Eddee, Nwanneni

Congrats! I told you I didn't think you needed as much as you thought smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by akinwalehabib: 8:06am On Sep 14, 2019
I recently checked a Benz b170, naija used. While test driving it, I noticed the steering vibrates. What could be responsible, Benz gurus.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2019
akinwalehabib:
I recently checked a Benz b170, naija used. While test driving it, I noticed the steering vibrates. What could be responsible, Benz gurus.

So many things could cause a steering wheel to vibrate. How fast were you moving before you noticed the vibration, and how bad was it? You may have to take it in for proper diagnosis by a qualified mecho

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2019
akinwalehabib:

There is a bushing in steering when they loose the steering and if they don't take time they spoil it... But it is manageable

Also, have the car alignment done also

If you are in Lagos and Ikeja area, I would recommend Oga John...he is good ! He is benz personified...be it any benz

You can call him to ask him any question..he is my mechanic....dude is so good ! 0802 643 7742

Then check steering rack, you can notice it when you turn, if it makes noise
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AmuDimpka: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2019
akinwalehabib:

Call my engineer he is John ! He is good ! He fixed this problem for me , 0802 643 7742
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2019
AmuDimpka:

Call my engineer he is John ! He is good ! He fixed this problem for me , 0802 643 7742
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2019
AmuDimpka:

There is a bushing in steering when they loose the steering and if they don't take time they spoil it... But it is manageable

Also, have the car alignment done also

If you are in Lagos and Ikeja area, I would recommend Oga John...he is good ! He is benz personified...be it any benz

You can call him to ask him any question..he is my mechanic....dude is so good ! 0802 643 7742

Then check steering rack, you can notice it when you turn, if it makes noise

Cc: akinwalehabib

Most times all you have to do is tighten the bolts on the car's axle beam, believe me you, your car will groan at every turn no matter how slight the change in steering direction and every bump or pothole you encounter will give you cause for concern.

Now follow this cost effective method before proceeding to throw any parts at that car.

Take it to a pit, have the mechanic tighten every bolt on all the suspension parts, tighten the axle beam, pull out your tyres - check for worn threads, and also inspect your alloy wheels for dents. While you're at it, check the lower arm camber bushings and every joint with a ball attached. Finally you can then proceed to the steering rack (especially if it's leaking).

If all these are in good condition, then my brother na drive shaft be your problem las las

The steering bushings don't get bad easily. I'm guessing you're talking about this

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
My 4matic feels like a brand new vehicle after working on the legs. I eventually got the parts at very affordable price

Lower arm 60k (1st change ever for a 15year old vehicle) for the pair as against the 120k initial quote

Stabilizer linkage, Steering knuckle and rod 18k for both sides

Labour 7k
Total 85k
The lower arm taking the largest cost.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
15years old C320 4matic Lower arm changed for the 1st time no thanks to Lagos roads.

Only the balljoint was bad all bushing were intact. But the down side of a 4matic the balljoint is not detachable from the lower control arm so the entire unit has to be replaced.

I still chose the 4matic though.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
Steering knuckle and rod with linkage for the C320 4matic 05

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by atiku07(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buynowautos:
My 4matic feels like a brand new vehicle after working on the legs. I eventually got the parts at very affordable price

Lower arm 60k (1st change ever for a 15year old vehicle) for the pair as against the 120k initial quote

Labour 7k
Total 85k

pls where in lagos did u get the lower arm
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by conductor250: 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buynowautos:

Labour 7k
Total 85k

85k on repair of a car that will still break down on your way home from the workshop. If they remove that 85k you just wasted on that European relic, how much come remain to purchase a fairly-used groundnut eye? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2019
conductor250:

85k on repair of a car that will still break down on your way home from the workshop. If they remove that 85k you just wasted on that European relic, how much come remain to purchase a fairly-used groundnut eye? cheesy

Guy which kin bad belle u be?? These item can go 3years without going bad if not more.

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
atiku07:
pls where in lagos did u get the lower arm

From Mushin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buynowautos:

Labour 7k

Total 85k

How do you guys negotiate such cheap labour costs? Labour for Calabar na die - even Aunty Rad.autoworks dey learn work for their pricing mechanism. They charge you for labour based on vehicle make and model and perceived market price of part to be changed.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Buynowautos: 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

How do you guys negotiate such cheap labour costs? Labour for Calabar na die - even Aunty Rad.autoworks dey learn work for their pricing mechanism. They charge you for labour based on vehicle make and model and perceived market price of part to be changed.

Bros na street negotiation oh nor be coscharis grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

Hehehe radu labor costs fit send you comot gidi
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buynowautos:

Ooshey.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Hehehe radu labor costs fit send you comot gidi
Not very expensive. Heard its about 5k per hour. I charge more for financial audits and verification

Buynowautos:

I dey believe you die!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

Not very expensive. Heard its about 5k per hour. I charge more for financial audits and verification

I dey believe you die!
That's financial audit.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
Smartchoiice:

That's financial audit.

My brother to turn screw no easy o. Sometimes I dey feel for them sha, some bolts will frustrate you on purpose

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

My brother to turn screw no easy o. Sometimes I dey feel for them sha, some bolts will frustrate you on purpose
True.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
radautoworks:

Congrats! I told you I didn't think you needed as much as you thought smiley

Lol, yea but there's a new problem today.

For the first time, car cranks but doesn't start, later started, traveled like 80km with no issues, soon as I parked to get some things, getting back into the car, cranked but didn't start. Hasn't started since yesterday, had to abandon it at the mart nd took a taxi home. Can't kill myself.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Chelseafan1: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
Eddee:

My car first the first time today, crank but no start. Car wey be say na once I go start am, e go start. I weak o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 12:10am On Sep 15, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Lol, yea but there's a new problem today.

For the first time, car cranks but doesn't start, later started, traveled like 80km with no issues, soon as I parked to get some things, getting back into the car, cranked but didn't start. Hasn't started since yesterday, had to abandon it at the mart nd took a taxi home. Can't kill myself.
Hmm.. were you with them the whole time they fixed it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 7:22am On Sep 15, 2019
Chelseafan1:

My car first the first time today, crank but no start. Car wey be say na once I go start am, e go start. I weak o

Run small scan first. E fit be fuel pump, clogged filter, CPS or even battery sef
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 15, 2019
Eddee:

Run small scan first. E fit be fuel pump, clogged filter, CPS or even battery sef
Even faulty CTS
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Even faulty CTS

Chelseafan1 stroll enter aunty rad place, or bros Gaz place depending on your location. These people at the very least go run free diagnosis for you. Or contact Oluwaseunla he'll be glad to help you. It is well my brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.