Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970037 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2019
micluv111:

Typical 9ja mentality grin
@ dannybrasky
Is it your typical? grin
don't let me Ban you both for doubting God.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2019
nurey:

@ dannybrasky

Is it your typical? grin

Baba abeg no vex o grin grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 11:12am On Dec 12, 2019
AshipaEk0:
Ogbomosho-looking paint job
Haaan...my darling ogbomoso?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 12, 2019
radautoworks:

I always quarrel with people who wish me this. Una go donate make I raise them grin
Hmmmm we're still waiting for you to heal and continue with the production of babyradus..... I am taking one or two though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by micluv111: 11:50am On Dec 12, 2019
nurey:

@ dannybrasky

Is it your typical? grin

We are not doubting God o but my country people too believe in miracles.....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 8:03am On Dec 14, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Hmmmm we're still waiting for you to heal and continue with the production of babyradus..... I am taking one or two though

These guys would disagree grin

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
radautoworks:

These guys would disagree grin

Who knows?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by emmyvet(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2019
pafestula:

Enjoy your ride and keep the house posted.
Thanks a lot better person, honestly you really encouraged me with you post, I love Mercedes with passion, and I love to own this A Class, as my wife also crazy about it as well, but the on-line stuff I read yesterday almost gave me stroke grin , but am sure with your type in the house.... am relived. Thanks for your contributions

Hi pafestula,
Sorry to draw you back I observed you were asking this question about 5yrs ago.

Please how was your experience using this car ?
The availability of the spare parts, the durability and other information about it.

Please house, kindly advise I have interest in going for it because of the fuel economy but will like to get a honest review before putting in my money.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by emmyvet(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2019
Please house, I will like someone to give me a honest review on this 1999 to 2004 A-Class series

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2019
emmyvet:
Please house, I will like someone to give me a honest review on this 1999 to 2004 A-Class series
Find Mr pafestula here he used one for a long time
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by emmyvet(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Thanks, reached out to him waiting for feedback.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cooldragon: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2019
Am in love

1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Bros we both know we all learnt everything about the A class when the group was educative and informative.Just tell him na,festo might be unreachable.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
emmyvet:
Madly economical.your best bet is a manual transmission.Any small thing to fix engine must come down.Kazeems dodge fixing it.If you get a manual tranny you would be glad you did.On the flip side if you get auto please service the gear with recommended fluid every 18 to 24 months to prevent any issues.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
Midoda:

Bros we both know we all learnt everything about the A class when the group was educative and informative.Just tell him na,festo might be unreachable.
Respekt
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by timifakay(m): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by emmyvet(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2019
Midoda:

Madly economical.your best bet is a manual transmission.Any small thing to fix engine must come down.Kazeems dodge fixing it.If you get a manual tranny you would be glad you did. On the flip side if you get auto please service the gear with recommended fluid every 18 to 24 months to prevent any issues.

Thank you so much for the information.

Also, I reached out to pafestula on WhatsApp he spent time explaining everything to me.

I will update the house very soon.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
Goodevening house. I use a 2004 C230k manual tranny. Checked with AC technicians (2-3 of them)and they all confirmed my AC compressor is spoilt. But they differ in the type of compressor that I should buy as replacement. One said I should by the automatic AC compressor the type that came with the car while the other 2 said I should buy the manual AC compressor.
Who has had experience changing the AC compressor in his or her W203 before, would you pls share your experience and advice me on how to go about changing the AC compressor
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
clino:
Goodevening house. I use a 2004 C230k manual tranny. Checked with AC technicians (2-3 of them)and they all confirmed my AC compressor is spoilt. But they differ in the type of compressor that I should buy as replacement. One said I should by the automatic AC compressor the type that came with the car while the other 2 said I should buy the manual AC compressor.
Who has had experience changing the AC compressor in his or her W203 before, would you pls share your experience and advice me on how to go about changing the AC compressor
Thanks

Where are you currently? This will determine my response to you. If in Lagos, you're spoilt for choice - Mosbus, Gazzuzz, Radautoworks. Even LeJeun3 sef - If not in Lagos, I'll tell you my kazeem consultation position on this and likely cost implication.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
clino:
Thanks
Since you are dealing with a Benz here,I'll advise you go the automatic way! Because when shiiit hits the fan with complications your ac technicians won't be there to help.

Even when it is not the right thing to do if it was Toyota i would have advised you into doing it. If you like you Benz, stick to the factory way sir.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
Eddee:

Where are you currently? This will determine my response to you. If in Lagos, you're spoilt for choice - Mosbus, Gazzuzz, Radautoworks. Even LeJeun3 sef - If not in Lagos, I'll tell you my kazeem consultation position on this and likely cost implication.
grin grin You always crack me up bad!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eddee(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannybrasky:

grin grin You always crack me up bad!!

Baba, most persons on here make up their minds with regards to the way forward for their vehicle repairs before bringing the problem online. In his case, he's done due diligence and obviously knows by now that the Automatic is the way to go. Don't know how much power that M111 puts out and if it'll handle the demands of a manual compressor.

dannybrasky:

Since you are dealing with a Benz here,I'll advise you go the automatic way! Because when shiiit hits the fan with complications your ac technicians won't be there to help.

Even when it is not the right thing to do if it was Toyota i would have advised you into doing it. If you like you Benz, stick to the factory way sir.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
dannybrasky:

Thanks I appreciate your sincere suggestion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
Eddee:

Not in Lagos. I shuttle between Sagamu and Abeokuta axis
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
Eddee:

Baba, most persons on here make up their minds with regards to the way forward for their vehicle repairs before bringing the problem online. In his case, he's done due diligence and obviously knows by now that the Automatic is the way to go. Don't know how much power that M111 puts out and if it'll handle the demands of a manual compressor.

The M111 pulls the sanden508 compressor wella. Personal experience. The only issue is getting a good hanger for the compressor. The pulley thread matches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2019
Smartchoiice:

The M111 pulls the sanden508 compressor wella. Personal experience. The only issue is getting a good hanger for the compressor. The pulley thread matches

I would want to believe the “sanden508 compressor” is a manual compressor ??
And by not getting a good hanger does that mean the hanger would be breaking often or what ? I just need clarification on getting a good hanger and effects it poses if one can’t get one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
clino:

I would want to believe the “sanden508 compressor” is a manual compressor ??
And by not getting a good hanger does that mean the hanger would be breaking often or what ? I just need clarification on getting a good hanger and effects it poses if one can’t get one
It is a manual one. Very rugged. Hanger problem is the only issue...it determines belt alignment etc etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Eddee:

There is a chance the engine might or will handle it very well! Come to think of it,Benz is not as basic as Toyota where by all strains goes into engine and vibration is noticed immediately after manual compressor is installed. sometimes rewire does one or two magics and boom vibration is gone. But with Benz,one might be dealing with what's more than engine or engine vibration when the gbege starts. If one would drive a benz,i dont think cutting corners works well with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Smartchoiice:

The Oracle has spoken. ( Experience)!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shortgun(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
clino:
Thanks
I will advice you go with the manual compressor..it's very rugged and will serve u for a long time.

Don't do the Peugeot compressor since u don't know much about the car yet....stick to the manual Benz compressor.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Smartchoiice:

It is a manual one. Very rugged. Hanger problem is the only issue...it determines belt alignment etc etc

Thanks for the enlightenment ... now I get it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by clino: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
shortgun:

I will advice you go with the manual compressor..it's very rugged and will serve u for a long time.

Don't do the Peugeot compressor since u don't know much about the car yet....stick to the manual Benz compressor.
Benz manual compressor ... ok... thanks i appreciate your time

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.