Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,154 members, 7,867,361 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (987581 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (548) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
tommysparks:
gee I suspect the MAF like seriously. I had à similar expérience and it was the MAF
scan it first (unfortunately it's difficult for you at the moment), that model of c class is notorious for MAF issues...the w202.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
tried to clean the MAF this evening with CRC cleaner but I notice so much oil all through the air intake and the MAF. dnt know how it got there, but if it does not help when am buoyant enough I'll replace both MAF and the S/C.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Pinoralia: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
nice thread
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 04, 2014
smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2014
ripped open my ECU/brain box to check the usual suspect (blown MOSFET) but it appears to be fine.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2014
coupled the ecu and fitted it back. disconnected the maf and took it for a spin, as I drive the CEL went off and the car was driving strong and normal except for a roughness when I want to accelerate hard from a stand still. when I came back home turned it off and restarted the car the CEL was back on. will still try other alternative and report back to the house.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Gee2728:
coupled the ecu and fitted it back. disconnected the maf and took it for a spin, as I drive the CEL went off and the car was driving strong and normal except for a roughness when I want to accelerate hard from a stand still. when I came back home turned it off and restarted the car the CEL was back on. will still try other alternative and report back to the house.
blown MOS-FET, what's the function of that particular component...MOS-FETs don't burn out easily, depends on the type though.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
yungboss:

blown MOS-FET, what's the function of that particular component...MOS-FETs don't burn out easily, depends on the type though.
, it is a chip in the ECU that control the kompressor magnetic clutch. have replaced mine b4 @ #400.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by newcreation: 12:51am On Nov 11, 2014
Pls can someone tell me how mercedes s class (S 320 L) fair on our roads: performance and maintenace?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
yungboss:

Bro drop your digits I will like to add you to the mb whatsapp group
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by S6(m): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi, all i drive 2005 E240, but i have strong vibrations when my speed gets to 80Km/h above. Please what do i need to do?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 12:54am On Nov 13, 2014
S6:
Hi, all i drive 2005 E240, but i have strong vibrations when my speed gets to 80Km/h above. Please what do i need to do?
go for wheel balancing and alignment it will fix it.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hello House of German Goos,

Am intending buying a mercedez benz C class 230 coupe, 2002 model.

Please, i need strong advise on this my bros and bosses.

Thanks a bunch as i hope 2 hear from you soon

Attached is a prototype

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
LeylowDee:

Attached is a prototype

If all is well with the one you intend to buy,go ahead and buy. Same engine with the 4doors. You can go through the thread to get more information about the W203 C230 because it has been discussed extensively. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
LeylowDee:

Attached is a prototype

Go for it is a good car!! Same engine and parts with sedan.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
cne010:

Go for it is a good car!! Same engine and parts with sedan.

Thank you...i just love dis coupe because of its petite size.
thanks....once it land in naija..ll post it here 2
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
Eyop:

If all is well with the one you intend to buy,go ahead and buy. Same engine with the 4doors. You can go through the thread to get more information about the W203 C230 because it has been discussed extensively. Good luck

Fnks a bunch..av gone tru the thread. I just love the cute size of d coupe..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 15, 2014
LeylowDee:

Fnks a bunch..av gone tru the thread. I just love the cute size of d coupe..

I suppose its called a CLK
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:14am On Nov 15, 2014
angels09:

I suppose its called a CLK

Not a CLK. It is C class 230 but Coupe of it. Just like saying E class, SLK, M class, GLK, S class,etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 15, 2014
Eyop:

Not a CLK. It is C230 but Coupe of it.

Eyop my bad.... Since my switch to an E class I now see everything in its light.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2014
The C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe is the smallest and least expensive Mercedes you can buy. It's also the nicest two-door hatchback on the market. It used to be that a fully loaded VW Golf was as upscale as you could go with a practical and sporty two-door hatchback. But this car is clearly the new king of that hill.

The C230 Coupe is a new model for Mercedes. It's well designed, beautifully made, fun to drive and nicely equipped at a cars.com target price of $24,950. The C230 is something of a departure for Mercedes, which has a reputation for making solid, conservative expensive sedans. No doubt the company hopes that its new, spunky hatchback will attract younger buyers who thought they couldn't afford a Mercedes, or buyers who want the nicest damn small car they can own. Mercedes also hopes these happy, young C230 owners will hop their way up the Mercedes line, from the C Class to the E Class, finally graduating to an S600 before bequeathing their worldly belongings to their future Mercedes-owning offspring. Well, that's the hope, anyway.

The C230 comes in only one body style and with just one engine choice: a 192 horsepower, 2.3-liter, 4-cylinder engine with a belt-driven supercharger (that's the Kompressor part). You do get a choice of transmissions: a 6-speed manual or a 5-speed automatic......

Source:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2014
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 15, 2014
All in all, the C230 is an extremely nice car. It's hard to think of another hatchback coupe that offers the combination of solid feel, safety, sporty performance, airy feel and distinctive looks -- all with a little cachet. The Volkswagen Golf, a vehicle we like a lot, isn't really in the same league -- it's smaller, less solid, less expensive and less exclusive. The same goes for the Volkswagen Beetle. In fact, most of the two-door hatchbacks on the market are entry-level vehicles -- the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Accent and Kia Spectra among them. The only premium hatchback that comes to mind is Saab's quirky 9-3, which is quite a bit bigger.

All of which leads us to conclude that the C230 will appeal to two groups of people: Those who are happy with a hatchback coupe and can afford the best one on the market, and those who really, really want a Mercedes -- even if it has to be the least expensive one on the showroom floor. Either way, these folks will be getting a very nice, little car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2014
angels09:

Eyop my bad.... Since my switch to an E class I now see everything in its light.

It happens. How are you enjoying the E class compared to the previous class you were using?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 15, 2014
But note:

As with all Mercedes products, this is not one that you're going to trust to Big Ernie down at the corner garage. This car is not going to be easy to work on. The engine compartment is complicated and very crowded. On top of the usual, complex German engineering, there's the C230's supercharger that, no doubt, needs to be serviced by some German guy named Dieter with a PhD in particle physics. In other words, service and maintenance is best left to your local Mercedes dealer -- and don't expect to get out of his waiting room without paying a tidy sum.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2014
Eyop:

It happens. How are you enjoying the E class compared to the previous class you were using?
Different more stability and better dash...more space...sweet leather interior.... Masculine steering.....but the C class was good as Smartchoice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2014
angels09:

Different more stability and better dash...more space...sweet leather interior.... Masculine steering.....but the C class was good as Smartchoice.

Ok great then. I guess it should also attract a higher cost in maintenance smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2014
Eyop:

Ok great then. I guess it should also attract a higher cost in maintenance smiley
For me? No!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2014
some of us complained abt the design of the new W205 and it jst got even worst. theres already a recall in the U.S due to steering problem and mercedes is blaming it on production workers flailing to install the steering components properly resulting in lose of steering feel at lower speed. I guess its a carry over from the W204 ESL issue, this cars are just too new to be having issue and I guess that speaks of the mercs recent reliability ratings.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 16, 2014
Gee2728:
some of us complained abt the design of the new W205 and it jst got even worst. theres already a recall in the U.S due to steering problem and mercedes is blaming it on production workers flailing to install the steering components properly resulting in lose of steering feel at lower speed. I guess its a carry over from the W204 ESL issue, this cars are just too new to be having issue and I guess that speaks of the mercs recent reliability ratings.

Sadly there is always an issue with the first batch most of this cars, right now I would take the last batch of the w204 with the better interior and free from ESL issues than the W205.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

Sadly there is always an issue with the first batch most of this cars, right now I would take the last batch of the w204 with the better interior and free from ESL issues than the W205.

I don't even like the W205 design at all. It looks very fragile compared to the W204. Just like you said,i'll rather go for the last batch of the W204 than go for this W205.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
cne010:

is the last batch of w204 actually free from the ESL issues? I love the car and i'm considering getting one for myself when I'm done with my w203 but I really can't afford over 300k for any ESL Issue, that's outrageous and ridiculous to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (548) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.