Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions (26090 Views)

FG Orders Closure Of Polytechnics For General Elections / Edo Assembly Holds First Plenary, Orders Closure Of House’s Bank Accounts / 15-Year-Old Boy: 'I Made 500 Bombs Used For Suicide Missions By Boko Haram' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nigeriapenmedia: 11:28pm On May 21, 2019
News By Nigeriapen.com.ng

The Federal Government of Nigeria, has ordered the closure of four foreign missions due to lack of funds. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffery Onyeama, disclosed this today May 21st.

According to Onyeama, the closed missions are in Sri-lanka, Serbia, Ukraine and Czech Republic.

He said that the closure was because the government could not fund the missions anymore.

Before the closure Nigeria had 119 foreign missions.

Read More http://nigeriapen.com.ng/fg-orders-closure-of-four-foreign-missions/

Lalasticlala

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Vidamia(m): 4:52am On May 22, 2019
What are the foreign missiosns in these countries..... In what ways are Nigerian government benefit from them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by golddust6000(m): 4:53am On May 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by abdulyaro66(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2019
Ok sha God help us ...
But I’m still buying in bulk grin

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by morikee: 4:54am On May 22, 2019
Serves them right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nairalee(m): 4:55am On May 22, 2019
Due to lack of funds? Lack of funds? Well let op list the affected countries first let me see if it's worth commenting. Let me not rant the come and discover its Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan etc

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by BeiFangLaye(m): 4:56am On May 22, 2019
one step at a time
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by jeron1(m): 4:57am On May 22, 2019
K

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Pavore9: 4:59am On May 22, 2019
nairalee:
Due to lack of funds? Lack of funds? Well let op list the affected countries first let me see if it's worth commenting. Let me not rant the come and discover its Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan etc

Sri-lanka, Serbia, Ukraine and Czech Republic.

8 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by grandstar(m): 5:00am On May 22, 2019
The only relevant mission in that list is Ukraine as Nigeria has a sizable number of students studying there.

All the others and if possible more, should close shop if they are under utilised.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by excelAGR42: 5:01am On May 22, 2019
What will now become the faith of Nigerians in those countries?
Don't they (government) generate revenue from these missions?

Or is this the next level Nigerians should anticipate?
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by SarakiBukola: 5:03am On May 22, 2019
Thank God the useless Minister Onyeama is finally doing SOMETHING.

Apart from Ukraine which has a large student population as someone earlier mentioned, the rest should have been closed years ago!

11 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by ceaser: 5:04am On May 22, 2019
I think the diplomatic mission to Ukraine should be preserved. A handful of Nigerians attend their universities, especially medical school. So who now oversees the welfare of those Nigerians?

27 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Architectsly: 5:04am On May 22, 2019
OK we have heard u.

Pls Nairalanders, I need a job seriously if possible in Abuja or Kano. I studied Architecture and will be ready to cooperate if someone can help me.
You can reach me on Suleimanimomoh@gmail.com.

Pls scammers should stay of dis mention. Thankx
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by spiritedtete: 5:05am On May 22, 2019
Why Ukraine? Why not Close Dakha in Bangladesh... Better still cyprus

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nairalee(m): 5:12am On May 22, 2019
Pavore9:

Sri-lanka, Serbia, Ukraine and Czech Republic.

OH I'm just seeing the update
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Kobicove(m): 5:14am On May 22, 2019
If they are not bringing in enough revenue from visa fees to cover their upkeep then they should be closed undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by iammo(m): 5:19am On May 22, 2019
diplomatic policy of any country should be agressive
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by BuhariAdvocate: 5:25am On May 22, 2019
Very good decision. I hope more of it come soon.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nasirujj(m): 5:32am On May 22, 2019
saheedbadmus:
ehen.so u mean no cash to fund those missions..hmm 9ja my country.

Security without riffle na security, I even thought it's PMC private military contractors
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by davodyguy: 5:35am On May 22, 2019
modestbrowser:
Seun claims to be a good programmer... Yet he can't stop this bet spammers... hahahahahahaha
more like scammers not spammers.

Their targets are not the online members, but thousand others viewing off line, when topics get to the homepage

spiritedtete:
Why Ukraine? Why not Close Dakha in Bangladesh... Better still cyprus
You don't know more than them. They didn't close SA, UK, USA, UAE etc They must have carried out a study and know what we don't know

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Nobody: 5:36am On May 22, 2019
That of Ukraine is surprising though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by ssogundele(m): 5:37am On May 22, 2019
They should take a step forward by closing all those missions in all those mushrooms countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and those nistan countries. While those missions in like place like Yemen, Oman Syria and some of these Middle East nations should be permanently closed.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Nobody: 5:38am On May 22, 2019
ceaser:
I think the diplomatic mission to Ukraine should be preserved. A handful of Nigerians attend their universities, especially medical school. So who now oversees the welfare of those Nigerians?

Exactly what came to my mind. Remember meeting a Nigerian medical student at Istanbul airport who was on her way to school in Ukraine. Said there are a lot of them, Nigerian students, there.

I think there are also pockets of Nigerian businesses there.

Although the Foreign Affairs Ministry, which took the decision, has data and knows better.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIPOST And FIRS Fight On Twitter Over Stamps. / Boko Haram: New Service Chiefs Can’t Do Better Than Their Predecessors - Shekau / Olubadan To Hausa Leader: You Are Under Baale Of Sasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.