Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions (26103 Views)

FG Orders Closure Of Polytechnics For General Elections / Edo Assembly Holds First Plenary, Orders Closure Of House’s Bank Accounts / 15-Year-Old Boy: 'I Made 500 Bombs Used For Suicide Missions By Boko Haram' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:39am On May 22, 2019
nigeriapenmedia:
News By Nigeriapen.com.ng

Read More http://nigeriapen.com.ng/fg-orders-closure-of-four-foreign-missions/

Lalasticlala
again corruption.... Lack of remittances and pro activity.. Ukraine that we have well over 10 k Nigerians same applies to Czech.. Crazy but it's true... I have visited both and I can tell anyone for free what goes on there...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Hotfreezers: 5:50am On May 22, 2019
The missions should be closed and turned into betting shops.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nonxo007(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2019
grandstar:
The only relevant mission in that list is Ukraine as Nigerians have a sizable number of students studying there.

All the others and if possible more, should close shop if they are under utilised.
Just what I thought, Ukraine?

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by kiyosaki1(m): 6:07am On May 22, 2019
morikee:
Serves them right
It's not a must to comment .

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by ayusco85(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:
What are the foreign missiosns in these countries..... In what ways are Nigerian government benefit from them

Benefiting not benefit.

Be rushing to comment rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Eze2000(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:
What are the foreign missiosns in these countries..... In what ways are Nigerian government benefit from them

Remember Zainab the girl billed for execution in Saudi Arabia? Her release was not because Buhari picked up a phone and called the King of Saudi Arabia. It was the work of Nigeria's foreign mission in Saudi Arabia that led to her release and that of another guy I believe.

Foreign missions do a lot of things but most important of all is to represent their country in a foreign land and protect the rights of their citizens there. With this recall, any Nigerian in trouble in those countries may never see justice or daylight again. That is how people travel overseas and vanish.

The other countries on the list may not be worth it but there are too many students, hustlers and footballers in Ukraine for that closure. Buhari and APC have just failed again big time but many do not even know it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by TooMuchStuff: 6:17am On May 22, 2019
Why not Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Yemen?
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by kripen(m): 6:18am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:

It is not the federal government that should benefit from it per say but the Nigeria citizen who live and stay in these countries.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by lomprico(m): 6:48am On May 22, 2019
nairalee:
Due to lack of funds? Lack of funds? Well let op list the affected countries first let me see if it's worth commenting. Let me not rant the come and discover its Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan etc

Learn to read
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by justmenoni: 6:56am On May 22, 2019
OK we have heard u.

Architectsly:
OK we have heard u.

Pls Nairalanders, I need a job seriously if possible in Abuja or Kano. I studied Architecture and will be ready to cooperate if someone can help me.
You can reach me on Suleimanimomoh@gmail.com.

Pls scammers should stay of dis mention. Thankx
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by LordReed(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:

The top benefit I think is they are supposed to help facilitate trading and other business opportunities.

The other benefit is more clandestine, to provide all manner of intelligence on the host country ie spying.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by nairalee(m): 7:25am On May 22, 2019
lomprico:

Learn to read

Learn to be open minded. It was not stated earlier
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Royals1st: 7:25am On May 22, 2019
You see.why i gave up on this so call Nigerian government if they have done there home work well they will know Ukraine should not this listed to be close down we have almost 300,000 nigerias who is are international students in Ukraine who are Nigerians this current gov't have no sense.of leadership my own view anyway

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by lomprico(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2019
nairalee:

Learn to be open minded. It was not stated earlier

Fuçking liar!
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Temptee101(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2019
Are these guys mad? My brother is studying in Ukraine. They govt should better respect themselves

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by CioAngels(f): 8:02am On May 22, 2019
Our leaders are not to be trusted, i'm very sure they don't have their children in Ukraine universities hence their evil decisions. Are they saying they don't have data of Nigerian students in Ukraine. They have simply embezzled the commission's monies that should be used to pay the students upkeep so they close down to cover their shame/faces. Nigerian leaders are evil and wicked. Big shame on them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Nobody: 8:07am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:
Nigerian government? Is the embassy not part of Nigerian government, people who are supposed to benefit from it should be Nigerians living in Ukraine and we have a lot of young Nigerians studying there, for example I have two brothers and a sister studying there, if they have passport issue where should they run too, the embassy in Russia?

We need to adequately fund our foreign missions for the sake of your citizens in those country and not for the revenue the government gets from them, Period!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Nobody: 8:09am On May 22, 2019
CioAngels:
Our leaders are not to be trusted, i'm very sure they don't have their children in Ukraine universities hence their evil decisions. Are they saying they don't have data of Nigerian students in Ukraine. They have simply embezzled the commission's monies that should be used to pay the students upkeep so they close down to cover their shame/faces. Nigerian leaders are evil and wicked. Big shame on them.
three of my younger ones are there studying and at the same university I can boast of no less than 100 Nigerian students in that university alone

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Reference(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2019
We shouldn't have more that five or six. China, United States, the EU (in Brussels), Australia, the UK and Japan. Our missions should be strategic towards our developmental goals. Deepen not widen foreign engagements.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by ify2016: 8:48am On May 22, 2019
spiritedtete:
Why Ukraine? Why not Close Dakha in Bangladesh... Better still cyprus
I experienced hell in Cyprus few years back. Never dream to go there.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Nobody: 8:55am On May 22, 2019
dustydee:

Please where did seun make this claim?
Check his old post
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by dustydee: 9:16am On May 22, 2019
modestbrowser:

Check his old post
Which one?
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by expert234: 9:17am On May 22, 2019
Vidamia:

Foreign missions protect your citizens in those countries. They also act as liason offices for your country. The benefits are many

Nigerian students in racism-infested Ukraine are on their own now.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by AmazingELixir: 9:29am On May 22, 2019
ssogundele:
They should take a step forward by closing all those missions in all those mushrooms countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and those nistan countries. While those missions in like place like Yemen, Oman Syria and some of these Middle East nations should be permanently closed.

undecided

Why would the middle eastern embassies be closed when the full blown islamization and fulanization agenda is about to be unveiled. You don't close the door against your brethren , you never can say when there assistance will come handy.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Blackethics: 9:29am On May 22, 2019
They would have closed the ones in the USA, CANADA, GERMANY and U.K. it would have saved them much cost. undecided
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by mastermaestro(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2019
Royals1st:
You see.why i gave up on this so call Nigerian government if they have done there home work well they will know Ukraine should not this listed to be close down we have almost 300,000 nigerias who is are international students in Ukraine who are Nigerians this current gov't have no sense.of leadership my own view anyway

I am very worried seeing Ukraine on the list. Nigerian government never does anything thoroughly. This decision (Ukraine in particular) will be rescinded after a someone would have been pushed and shoved to do a proper fact-finding investigation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Shikini: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
Ukraine?

Why Ukraine?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions by Olorunnim: 11:01am On May 22, 2019
Is like you're mad what would now happen to my cousins and friends studying in Ukraine? I'm still even here typing lemme inform them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Will Sweep North, Get Required 25% In All States - Babachir Lawal (Video) / Jimi Agbaje Is Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate / Iara Oshiomhole Covers ThisDay Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.