Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It (943 Views)

Journey Into Agric Business(poultry, Cat Fish ,dog Breeding And Food Packaging) / Just Killed This Animal But Don't Know It's Name. / I Need To Know Which Agric Business Really Works And I Will Provide The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2019
Please I need help, advice. I'm considering going into agric business but frankly speaking I don't know which type exactly to go into as well as how to start. Your good advice and contributions will help.
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by dawnomike(m): 1:12pm On May 22, 2019
Which aspect of agribusiness do you want to venture into?
Livestock production or crop farming?

1 Like

Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2019
dawnomike:
Which aspect of agribusiness do you want to venture into?
Livestock production or crop farming?
I'm open to any one depending on what's involved in the different aspects
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by kunleweb: 1:16pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:
Please I need help, advice. I'm considering going into agric business but frankly speaking I don't know which type exactly to go into as well as how to start. Your good advice and contributions will help.

I'm a consultant. I can direct you and help you get established.. Pm me

1 Like

Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2019
kunleweb:

I'm a consultant. I can direct you and help you get established.. Pm me
Thanks but that word consultant gets me scared. I'm not really having much just little to invest to make ends meet and I doubt your consultation is free
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:
I don't mind partnership if the conditions are right
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Sampacvelli(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2019
DM on WhatsApp 08083308295...
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by kunleweb: 1:30pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:

Thanks but that word consultant gets me scared. I'm not really having much just little to invest to make ends meet and I doubt your consultation is free

If you get anything free it won't be detailed and thoriugj.you may get subsidized services but not free. I can teach you how to. I am embarking on this now and if you check my threads you will see me calling for investors and financial partners. What you want to do I already have many blueprints on.
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by dragon2(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2019
Whatever it is,start small(pilot project),within budget and control, so that you make mistakes, learn,make corrections and grow.

1 Like

Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 1:48pm On May 22, 2019
kunleweb:

If you get anything free it won't be detailed and thoriugj.you may get subsidized services but not free. I can teach you how to. I am embarking on this now and if you check my threads you will see me calling for investors and financial partners. What you want to do I already have many blueprints on.
So what are you offering me, partnership or consultation?
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by kunleweb: 1:51pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:

So what are you offering me, partnership or consultation?

Consultation. I direct you on what to do how to it. How to market it. Financial rewards and where to buy the materials you'll need.
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
kunleweb:

Consultation. I direct you on what to do how to it. How to market it. Financial rewards and where to buy the materials you'll need.
Up there you indicated you were calling for investors and financial partners....now I don't understand because I'm loaded like you may think. While not partnership so we don't end up doing the same thing
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by kunleweb: 2:02pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:

Up there you indicated you were calling for investors and financial partners....now I don't understand because I'm loaded like you may think. While not partnership so we don't end up doing the same thing

I never said you were loaded

I didn't say bring money for partnership

I simply said I can sell a few of my ideas to you.

Because of money quarrels I rather just give people tips with my ideas and everyone stays independent. Or for financial partners I call for investors and we do business. I don't get myself involved with people with money easily. Money causes rift BTW people
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2019
kunleweb:

I never said you were loaded

I didn't say bring money for partnership

I simply said I can sell a few of my ideas to you.

Because of money quarrels I rather just give people tips with my ideas and everyone stays independent. Or for financial partners I call for investors and we do business. I don't get myself involved with people with money easily. Money causes rift BTW people
Ok then and noted. Keep you posted on this
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by dawnomike(m): 6:53pm On May 22, 2019
obinnawhyte:

I'm open to any one depending on what's involved in the different aspects
where is your location?
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Tectono: 12:19pm On May 23, 2019
obinnawhyte:
As you go into agric business, have it at the back of your mind that the major dividend of agric business is in exportation of agric products. I advise that you consider going into agro-export business. Click on the link on my signature to know how you will go about it.
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Tascom236(m): 9:30pm On May 23, 2019
My opinion, it’s funny tho how nobody is ready to freely help but keep on asking to Dm which will later leads them to be charging you.
Just read through the threads in the agriculture sector, scroll and scroll and scroll and be keeping note of opportunities/Aspects that interests you.
Then do more personal research on it, then probably harness the power of local farmer around you buly trying to patner with them or emoloy their service all at very low cost with high chnace of success due to their experience.
If you want to be doing it by try and error method without much knowledge, it will just be waste of time, and limited resources over time, so make use of help of local farmer around you by trying to patner or employing on of dem...
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 23, 2019
The real truth is that the OP is his own trouble. There are many threads on various aspects of Agric. He mentioned Agribusiness which is broad. So, does he expect people to tell him to do this or that? To me, it is a tragedy that with the many resources on this site, people still find research hard. What happens to making thorough research on many areas of agric, and then he decides which suit(s) him.

Oga OP, we all sit on the internet to make deep research. Then after, you can ask meaningful and reasonable questions. Not this type of question that sets you in the hands of 419s. Not saying people who have replied you are 419s, but you are opening yourself to it.

Make research well, then you will see if you can handle it yourself, partner with someone, or whatever you want later. You may decide to go on trials on many areas to just learn. Put figures together to find start up cost. If you search well, you will see info on anything you want. Or you can start asking. And you will see people start responding to your questions cos they are meaning. Not this trash you put up here. It shows trace of laziness. And someone like me can might not want to have anything to do with lazy person no matter how much he has.

Anyway here are tips:

A. Animals

1. Fish - 4 mths to 14 mths period before payback, high cost of feed
a. Cat Fish
b. Tilapia
study hatchery, melange, table sizes. Check out threads here and download pdf files. Study hard
Find threads on this. There is one with over 400 posts. You can start with even 50 fish(es), and use them to teach yourself. If you need to employ a helping hand, do it and just instruct the person. Even if you are going to partner with someone later and you will not do the farm maning area, you still need to know these things, except you have money like Ote$.

2. Poultry - high cost of feed
a. Meat - 4 to 12 weeks payback with high risk
b. Eggs - average of 5 months constant investment before weekly income for many month, and then income from bird sales
breeds: broilers, noilers, krunoiler, cockerels, etc.
There are threads with practicals using 50 to 100 birds to show you A to Z here. Find those threads. You can start with 50 to 100 birds too. Or even just 10. What is wrong in doing this?

3. Grass-cutters - low to high infrastructure but rewarding. Low cost of maintenance

4. Piggery - high cost of feed

5. Goat or Cattle - same as above

6. Rabbits - same as above

7. Snail

8. Mushroom - highly profitable, extremely risky, low market

B.Crops

1. Vegetables - Cucumber, Watermelon, Cabbage, Tomato, Zuchini, Okra, Local geen leaves, Lettuce - high risk, short term, highly profitable. Cucumber is just 30 to 50 days before you start making sales. Need serious attention. You can start at your backyard, then move into 1 to 6 plots then after.

2. Fruits and Trees- Banana, Pineapple, Orange, Sour sop, Apple, Grape, Strawberry, etc

3. Spices, seeds and Herbs - Oregano, Chives, Chia, Mint, Garlic, Turmeric, etc - highly profitable, lower risk, but medium to long term.

4. Cash Crops - Coconut, Palm Oil, Dates, Cashew, Cocoa, etc .

5. Essential Oil

7. Grains - Legumes, Rice, Millet, Sorghum, Sesame, Maize etc .

C. Trading of any of the above. You can trade both crops and animals. You just need to understand the Value chain of the products you want to trade. And understand the secrets and tricks in storing or holding the products you are interested in.

D.Investing and Partnering. You do not have to be a novice, you must understand A to Z of what you want to do before you go into it. So, start learning with my guide. It makes life easier for you.

Questions you need to ask yourself?
What is your risk tolerance?
DO I want short term with huge profit but with high risks, or long term with low risk?
How long can I stay in pumping money into a project before I start earning?
Maybe I need both short term and long term businesses,
And many more questions....

With the above, you should identify 5 areas that interest you. And gradually reduce it to 2 or 3. Then, you financial capability should tell you which to start first. This is how to go about it, and not just ask some vague and too broad question.

Best of luck!!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by paito: 12:47am On May 24, 2019
Contact Jethro for training or else you will waste your capital
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2019
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 9:48pm On May 24, 2019
Pistotita:
The real truth is that the OP is his own trouble. There are many threads on various aspects of Agric. He mentioned Agribusiness which is broad. So, does he expect people to tell him to do this or that? To me, it is a tragedy that with the many resources on this site, people still find research hard. What happens to making thorough research on many areas of agric, and then he decides which suit(s) him.

Oga OP, we all sit on the internet to make deep research. Then after, you can ask meaningful and reasonable questions. Not this type of question that sets you in the hands of 419s. Not saying people who have replied you are 419s, but you are opening yourself to it.

Make research well, then you will see if you can handle it yourself, partner with someone, or whatever you want later. You may decide to go on trials on many areas to just learn. Put figures together to find start up cost. If you search well, you will see info on anything you want. Or you can start asking. And you will see people start responding to your questions cos they are meaning. Not this trash you put up here. It shows trace of laziness. And someone like me can might not want to have anything to do with lazy person no matter how much he has.

Anyway here are tips:

A. Animals

1. Fish - 4 mths to 14 mths period before payback, high cost of feed
a. Cat Fish
b. Tilapia
study hatchery, melange, table sizes. Check out threads here and download pdf files. Study hard
Find threads on this. There is one with over 400 posts. You can start with even 50 fish(es), and use them to teach yourself. If you need to employ a helping hand, do it and just instruct the person. Even if you are going to partner with someone later and you will not do the farm maning area, you still need to know these things, except you have money like Ote$.

2. Poultry - high cost of feed
a. Meat - 4 to 12 weeks payback with high risk
b. Eggs - average of 5 months constant investment before weekly income for many month, and then income from bird sales
breeds: broilers, noilers, krunoiler, cockerels, etc.
There are threads with practicals using 50 to 100 birds to show you A to Z here. Find those threads. You can start with 50 to 100 birds too. Or even just 10. What is wrong in doing this?

3. Grass-cutters - low to high infrastructure but rewarding. Low cost of maintenance

4. Piggery - high cost of feed

5. Goat or Cattle - same as above

6. Rabbits - same as above

7. Snail

8. Mushroom - highly profitable, extremely risky, low market

B.Crops

1. Vegetables - Cucumber, Watermelon, Cabbage, Tomato, Zuchini, Okra, Local geen leaves, Lettuce - high risk, short term, highly profitable. Cucumber is just 30 to 50 days before you start making sales. Need serious attention. You can start at your backyard, then move into 1 to 6 plots then after.

2. Fruits and Trees- Banana, Pineapple, Orange, Sour sop, Apple, Grape, Strawberry, etc

3. Spices, seeds and Herbs - Oregano, Chives, Chia, Mint, Garlic, Turmeric, etc - highly profitable, lower risk, but medium to long term.

4. Cash Crops - Coconut, Palm Oil, Dates, Cashew, Cocoa, etc .

5. Essential Oil

7. Grains - Legumes, Rice, Millet, Sorghum, Sesame, Maize etc .

C. Trading of any of the above. You can trade both crops and animals. You just need to understand the Value chain of the products you want to trade. And understand the secrets and tricks in storing or holding the products you are interested in.

D.Investing and Partnering. You do not have to be a novice, you must understand A to Z of what you want to do before you go into it. So, start learning with my guide. It makes life easier for you.

Questions you need to ask yourself?
What is your risk tolerance?
DO I want short term with huge profit but with high risks, or long term with low risk?
How long can I stay in pumping money into a project before I start earning?
Maybe I need both short term and long term businesses,
And many more questions....

With the above, you should identify 5 areas that interest you. And gradually reduce it to 2 or 3. Then, you financial capability should tell you which to start first. This is how to go about it, and not just ask some vague and too broad question.

Best of luck!!!

You mustn't comment especially if you think the Op is confuse and lazy to research. The last time I checked asking for peoples idea on something is a way of researching, that I didn't streamline to a particular aspect of the agric business also speaks volumes. That all your life you have been able to research just about eggplant and tomatoes makes you think people asking questions about something are lazy then you're very confuse and need to grow up
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Onlinefarmstore: 10:54pm On May 24, 2019
obinnawhyte:
Go into berries farming like strawberry and Raspberry and Blueberries thank me later, if you are in Ikeja Abeokuta or Asaba and Portharcout you can visit our mini farm

1 Like

Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by mobolaji234: 11:56pm On May 24, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

Go into berries farming like strawberry and Raspberry and Blueberries thank me later, if you are in Ikeja Abeokuta or Asaba and Portharcout you can visit our mini farm

Please where is your farm in Abeokuta
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by Onlinefarmstore: 6:09am On May 25, 2019
mobolaji234:

Please where is your farm in Abeokuta

In Lala, high hill farm, hardec center
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by darexkey(m): 6:15am On May 25, 2019
obinnawhyte:
I can offer you free consultation and help you with a business plan on any agribusiness of your choice. chat me up on 07039359066
Re: I'm Considering Going Into Agric Business But Don't know How To Go About It by obinnawhyte(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

Please what's the address of your place in Ikeja

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Identify This Berry Plant / What You Need To Know For A Successful Snail Farming Business / Cashew Nuts Plantation As Retirement Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.