Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday (669 Views)

Serious Buyers Only. I Will Ship Directly From USA If Deal Closes. / HOT CAKE!!!! Lexus RX 300 2003. Price Crashed. Now Till Friday !!! / FRSC Seizes 200 Unregistered Tricycles In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by ceaser: 3:55pm On May 22, 2019
The closure is only expected to slow affect travellers on Ibadan bound segment of the dual carriageway.

The Federal Road Safety Corps, Ogun State Command has announced the temporary closure of a section of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. The command in a statement issued on Wednesday said the temporary closure will affect only the Ibadan bound carriageway of the expressway from Magboro to Kara and Ibafo.

The affected section will be closed from Wednesday, May 22 till Friday, May 24.

The three-day closure is to enable Julius Berger Nigeria plc lay asphalt on that section of the road.

“This is to inform the motoring public that Julius Berger Nigeria PLC, currently rehabilitating the Lagos – Ibadan Expressway, would be temporarily closing only the Ibadan bound carriageway from Magboro to Kara and Ibafo, scheduled to commence from Wednesday 22 May 2019 and reopened on Friday 24 May 2019.

“The temporary closure is to lay a section of 400m of wearing asphaltic surface on the affected section of the corridor.

“The closure would not affect traffic inbound Lagos around the affected road, but would narrow the carriageway which is expected to build up traffic around the mentioned sections,” the statement read in part.

The FRSC Sector Commander Clement Oladele therefore advised motorists to note the occurrence and plan their trips, while those using the corridor within the period should obey all traffic rules and regulations, including refraining from driving against traffic, as violators are liable to be apprehended for dangerous driving which attracts the fines of fifty thousand naira (N50,000) and impoundment of the erring vehicle.

The FRSC working with sister traffic agencies will maintain visibility to ease the traffic discomfort the temporary closure of that section of the corridor would cause.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/05/22/frsc-closes-sections-of-lagos-ibadan-expressway-till-friday/

Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by kaycexx(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
What next?
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by alezzy13: 5:43pm On May 22, 2019
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
@ceaser did you ever resolve your Primera issue? Just curious.
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by ceaser: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
Costee:
@ceaser did you ever resolve your Primera issue? Just curious.

Bros grin
Lol, I can't remember what issues I complained about it here sha, but yes I resolved whatever issues came up with it because it still drives fine although age is telling on it.

Chai! That car is a 12yr old something na, and e don get enough brothers and sisters dem.

grin
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
ceaser:

Bros grin
Lol, I can't remember what issues I complained about it here sha, but yes I resolved whatever issues came up with it because it still drives fine although age is telling on it.

Chai! That car is a 12yr old something na, and e don get enough brothers and sisters dem.

grin
https://www.nairaland.com/478737/nissan-primera-suddenly-refused-start#6382144
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by ceaser: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
Costee:

https://www.nairaland.com/478737/nissan-primera-suddenly-refused-start#6382144

Hahhh! grin Memories.
Well, the brain box was eventually changed. That was after the ignition was changed with no response and then a new fuel pump, also without any response as a cough from the car meaning I paid for those replacements in vain.

A guy was eventually brought in from Ilorin, i think. He scanned it and concluded the brain box needed a replacement which he secured 48 hrs after. Well, there hasn't been a problem with starting since then. And of course I made sure I collected the original brain box removed from the guy in case I was being swindled. Ever since, there has been 2 more fuel pump changes; an air flow meter change, 2 air filter changes, numerous ignition plug changes, ah, yes and two times automatic transmission changes about 7 years ago, both within one year (a costly error from a careless mechanic who got it right the second time). Then also 3 times alternator replacements amidst several alternator belt replacements. The on board AC switch fell apart (hope to get a replacement online) and then the AC stopped working and the technician said a wire contact point under the compressor is faulty (he connected a wire to one battery terminal, the other end of the wire to an office pin and inserted the pin into a point under the compressor and it kicked to life, but he said the dashboard AC switch needs to be replaced before he could go on.

It still serves well for inter-state runs but the only worry right now is it has some parasitic battery drain that warrants removing one of the battery terminals if it is to be packed for a day. I have tried trouble shooting and the error appears to point towards an after factory installed dashboard entertainment system. Then I'm waiting for another alternator replacement (with the assumption that the alternator may be performing below par) for a holistic repair of the electrical (parasitic drain) problem.
Re: Breaking: FRSC Closes Lagos-ibadan Expressway Till Friday by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2019
I sure find your doggedness and fidelity with the car commendable. I still find one thing curious though: when the used brainbox was installed did the key have to be reprogrammed?

(1) (Reply)

. / ***neatly Used Honda 2008 For Sale @1.45m*** (sold) / Nigeria Used 2010 Venza With Full Option For Sale At 3.740m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.