Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,378 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt (26073 Views)

DSS Arrests A Popular Pastor Who Prophesied Against Tinubu’s Incoming Govt / #EndSARS: Traffic Gridlock In Rivers As Pro-Buhari Protesters Take Over / Kwara Assembly Stops Incoming Govt. From Dissolving LG Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 3:51am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
4 months later, In the same 2015

A clear demonstration of bubu's incompetence to maintain what was handed over to him
Complaints and blaming others don't fix nothing.
Instead it destroys legacies that are handed over in good state just as bubu destroyed our railways in the 1980s as a military dictator.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 3:58am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
It doesn't matter because the PDP did not complete any rail projects while in power for 16 years.

They abandoned Warri Itakpe railway for 30 years, the current administration completed it in less than 3 years.

Dance around and post all the irrelevant rubbish you desire, the PDP is still a lazy, incompetent and useless party with little or nothing to show for their 16 years in offie.

Unlike the golden boys of the Association of Propaganda Crooks, APC in Lagos who completed just one small phase of light rail in 20 years of massive looting of the people's allocation, their IGR and loans that they will pay plus their future generations yet unborn.
How did Lagosians end up with such a useless bunch of rogues and noisemakers who use thugs and touts to harass the people

Firefire:
Fellow Nairalanders, in response to Fashola comments below on not receiving enough support from the federal government to complete the Lagos light rail project.

"Fashola said all over the world, when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos is doing, their central governments support them morally and financially"

https://www.nairaland.com/2120455/cant-complete-lagos-light-rail

Few months ago same Fashola said this:

Lagos: How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project

The Lagos State Government yesterday justified the N160 billion it borrowed from the World Bank, noting that the fund was channelled to finance its light rail (blue line) project.

However, the state government expressed disappointment at the progress of the project, which it said, was not executed as smoothly as possible, but was optimistic of its completion.

The state Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said this shortly after inspecting the light rail terminus at the Orile-Iganmu part of the state alongside some members of the state executive council.

Speaking with journalists, Fashola said the project would have been completed in another 12 months despite that the project execution was not as smooth and speedy as he wanted it.

The governor raised questions on the intention of the federal government for publishing the state debt profile in the recent time, wondering what could have informed the decision to make it public.

He said: “I think it was the Debt Management Office of the federal government that published the report that we have a debt of about N160billion. I do not know the intent of the publication.

“But if it was to inform the public, I think we have always kept the public informed anytime we borrow money. If there are other intentions behind that, only those who make the publication would know what the intentions are.

“But you see, when people talk about debt of a state like Lagos, they forget that after Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt and one other country, we have the fifth largest economy in Africa.

“When you are talking of about a billion naira debt to a population of over 21 million people; because if you are measuring the debt, you also have to measure the responsibility. Those are the things people keep in isolation.”

He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

“Our rating as a state is the same as that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, BB minus-stable with a positive outlook. We are the only state in Nigeria that has that rating. The first bond that was taken during my first tenure has been paid; the first tranche has been paid.

“I think the second tranche will be settled around 2016 or 2017. We are already making provisions. The provisions that will be there will be in excess of what is needed,” the governor said

Fashola expressed satisfaction on the progress of the light rail project, though decried the petty delay that was encountered as a result funding, saying the project would have should have been completed in another 12 months.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

anonimi:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0cjSRaVqdv4/TWEJI4eES7I/AAAAAAAAAO8/nZkAaHlM5IE/s1600/sunbornyatch2C.jpg[/img]

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht deal, bad business — APC

The All Progressives Congress, Lagos State Chapter, has said the Lagos State Government has quit the Sunborn Yacht Hotel. The party said it was a bad business and the government had abandoned the deal.

The controversial yacht, valued at about N8bn, is an inshore boat hotel.

The state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party had recently accused the state government of corruption. It challenged the state Governor, Babatunde Fashola, to speak out on the whereabouts of the yacht and the two helicopters bought by his administration for security surveillance of the state.

The state Chairman, PDP, Mr. Tunji Shelle, while addressing party faithful during the General Assembly of the chapter, had said, “After floating miserably on the Marina water for so long, the controversial Sunburn Yacht, which cost the Lagos State Government, under (former Governor) Bola Tinubu, a whooping N8bn suddenly disappeared, only to be sighted at Thames in England.

“Now, the question is: who orchestrated this 419 and who were the beneficiaries of this waste of public fund. This is certainly a fraud and (Governor Babatunde) Fashola must tell us something he knows about this fraud, failure which he remains an accessory after the fact in the fraud.”

While reacting in an online interview with our correspondent on Saturday, the state Interim Publicity Secretary, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said the state government took a bad business decision on the yacht and had done away with it.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc/
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/133455/4/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc.html

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 4:03am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

A clear demonstration of bubu's incompetence to maintain what was handed over to him
Complaints and blaming others don't fix nothing.
Instead it destroys legacies that are handed over in good state just as bubu destroyed our railways in the 1980s as a military dictator.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c88

So, just because you can not explain to us why the PDP was so useless and incompetent to finish any rail project, you jumped to the 80s with irrelevant stories.

Ok, wasn't it neglected during PDP's 16 years in power?

Why is it so hard for you to make sense.
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by mamaafrik(m): 4:03am On May 23, 2019
Blue3k:

That's up to the concessionaire. The chinese dry port is in a different location.
do We have two dry port at ibadan?,if yes enlighten us about It please
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 4:06am On May 23, 2019
[s]
anonimi:

Unlike the golden boys of the Association of Propaganda Crooks, APC in Lagos who completed just one small phase of light rail in 20 years of massive looting of the people's allocation, their IGR and loans that they will pay plus their future generations yet unborn.
How did Lagosians end up with such a useless bunch of rogues and noisemakers who use thugs and touts to harass the people

[/s]

Trolling and off topic, I'll return to topic when you stop trolling and get back on topic.
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 4:06am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
4 months later, In the same 2015

How does a reasonable person blame the administration that REVIVED the trains that Bubu earlier destroyed and handed over to him in good condition for bubu's incompetence to maintain it?
Who does that
What type of person selectively remembers that governance is a continuity? APC e-confusionists?

I woke up as early as 5am this morning in order to catch the train by 7am. On reaching the Enugu train station, we waited for the train till some minutes past 8am before it arrived from Kafanchan where it started it's journey. We boarded the train and left for port Harcourt meanwhile I was going to Aba.

The Locomotive train first stopped at Agabani sub-station to pick four(4) passengers and left immediately but before we could know what is happening, two(2) coaches from the train DERAILED(moved off tracks) and that was when I know say yawa don gas!

They had to call Engineers from Enugu station who came after about 40mins with their Jacks to pull the coaches back to track. We thought it's something that will take just like an hour but up till 3:42pm, it was not yet fixed.

It was a horrible experience today cos one of the Engineers lost four of his fingers today when the jack use in lifting the coaches mistakenly slipped off and the heavy duty coach landed on the guys fingers.... it took up to 5mins before the could pull it up but by then, the guys fingers were gone cos it flattened and crushed the bones. when I saw what happened, I simply carried my bag and left the train. I pray the guy gets well soon and government should look into his case.

I have to forfeit my money and go back to Enugu with bus.

Please government should know how best to improve the train situation in Nigeria cos with what I saw today, we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 4:07am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]Tolling and off topic, I'll return to topic when you stop trolling and get back on topic.

Your 16 years of PDP was on topic, right
Being clever by half again?

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by 9jaRealist: 4:08am On May 23, 2019
But why shade the man though by insinuating that he is "the Tinubu of Rivers"? grin

Meanwhile, what sort of "journalist" does not know that Lagos-Ibadan rail is NOT a light-rail project?! Haba!!
>

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 4:11am On May 23, 2019
mamaafrik:

China to Invest $250 Million on Dry Port in Southwest Nigeria

IBADAN, Nigeria-China will invest $250 million on a dry port in Ibadan, the major city in Nigeria`s southwest Oyo state, China Railway Construction Corp. Ltd. Chairman Fenjian Chen said Friday.

The dry port will decongest heavy commercial traffic in Lagos, and speed up the clearance of goods by the Customs service, said Mr. Chen during an audience with Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja, according to a statement from the president`s office.

The Nigerian Shippers Council said the dry port will be located at the terminal end of the 156-kilometer Lagos-to-Ibadan standard-gauge railway line now under construction by a Chinese company.

The CRCC is building the railway, dry port, free trade zone and highways, Mr. Chen said. The company has 18,000 local employees in Nigeria, and expects to add 40,000 more jobs, he said.

Nigeria`s infrastructure had deteriorated over the years, "affecting the standard of living, and leading to loss of lives through avoidable accidents," President Buhari said.

"We are very grateful to China for the effort to rebuild our infrastructure, and for bringing technical expertise to the country. We will give the required support and cooperation, so that our old, and out of date, and collapsed infrastructure might be turned around," Mr. Buhari said.

The major sea ports of Apapa and Tin Can island in Lagos, the Nigerian commercial capital, are currently congested. Exports such as cocoa and other agricultural commodities and imports are delayed for weeks, slowing economic activities.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jones/TDJNDN_2019051013093/china-to-invest-250-million-on-dry-port-in-southwest-nigeria.html
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by anonimi: 4:15am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:
So, just because you can not explain to us why the PDP was so useless and incompetent to finish any rail project, you jumped to the 80s with irrelevant stories.

Ok, wasn't it neglected during PDP's 16 years in power?

Why is it so hard for you to make sense.

Was bubu and APC in power in 2013 when the railways were revived to the extent that AreGbese was using it to do propaganda of free ride

2014: Return Aregbesola, Beneficiaries Of Free Rail Services Urge Osun People

Beneficiaries of the free rail service provided by the government of the state of Osun for the Christmas celebration from Lagos to Osogbo have called on the people of the state to ensure that Governor Rauf Aregbesola is returned as the governor of the state in next year’s election.

The call was made over the weekend by the beneficiaries who expressed their belief that the various masses- friendly policies and programme will be enduring as long as Governor Aregbesola remains the governor of the state.

The continued gesture by the Aregbesola’s administration is to accord more people the opportunity to celebrate the Yuletide with their families, friends and relatives in their places of origin particularly in the state of Osun thus, boosting its economy.

The most conspicuous thing at the Iddo Railway Terminus in Lagos was the trooping in of the scores of people who came to enjoy the free rail service provided on the bill of the state government of Osun which has become a ritual during festive periods.

As early as seven o’clock in the morning, the people began to gather at the train station to join the train which took off in Lagos at about twenty minutes after ten en route Osogbo.

http://osun.gov.ng/2013/12/31/2014-return-aregbesola-beneficiaries-of-free-rail-services-urge-osun-people/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3425400_oshogbo_jpeg_jpegcb19277af27e193e4565bf136d696d0b

Can Nigeria's renovated railway unite north and south?
13 February 2013

The railway linking the economic powerhouse of Lagos and the conflict-hit north of Nigeria has reopened after more than 10 years. The BBC's Will Ross made the 31-hour train journey and asks whether the train line can help unite this divided country.

Nigeria's railways are making a comeback after virtually grinding to a halt.

The first sign of progress is the reopening of the long defunct rail link between Lagos in the south and Kano in the north.

"This is my first experience on a train since I was at school in the early 1990s. I heard about it through BBC Hausa service so I'm giving it a try," says a Lagos-based businessman, as the train rumbles along at a steady 45km/h (28mph).

"Credit to the government, although we need a better service," he says.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-21364541

1 Like

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 4:36am On May 23, 2019
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by plaindealer: 4:40am On May 23, 2019
A 72 BILLION NAIRA DRY PORT IS COMING TO OYO STATE

1. A dry port (sometimes inland port) is an inland intermodal terminal directly connected by road or rail to a seaport and operating as a centre for the trans-shipment of sea cargo to inland destinations.

2. The Ajimobi-led government has provided 60,000 hectares of land in lieu of a partnership with the Nigeria Shipper’s Council to bring this kind of modern Dry Port described above to Oyo state.

https://oyolawa.com/a-72-billion-naira-dry-port-is-coming-to-oyo-state-the-gains-the-lessons/

Ibadan is already one of the 5 largest economies in Nigeria, it's about to be the 2nd after logos
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by PastorAji(m): 6:17am On May 23, 2019
post=78625624:

We living many hours from Ibadan in other states don't know what is happening there or what happened there in the last 4 years,
So we have little to say on this.
If you live in Ibadan, how true is this please?!
If true, Good job to the outgoing governor.
If not true, let us know....

God bless Oyo State.
God bless Nigeria.

God bless you for this.

This is noted also.
But we are actually talking about the 4 years he spent as a whole, not about this railway issue!

In your 1st paragraph, Ajimobi tried on roads and he tried his best on face lifting Ibadan the state capital up till the 1st half of his 2nd tenure before he started messing up

But there is already an Inland Dry Port at Erunmu (along Ibadan-Iwo Road) though it was programmed to serve on the existing rail network
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by PastorAji(m): 6:19am On May 23, 2019
mamaafrik:
yes
dunno the location of the new one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by RichBoy247: 6:46am On May 23, 2019
Tomide007:
On rail transport we should give it to this government, i think amaechi should be retained.

Let us bring back Amaechi ti complete this rail and extend it to the North through Oyo, Ogbomoso, Ilorin. This project must not be abandoned now. We do not know whom Buhari might want to replace Amaechi now, he may be one non-performing idiot. Amaechi must finish what he has started. Please go and post it on Buhari and Osinbajo's instagram pages. Amaechi must not go
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by ceaser: 7:34am On May 23, 2019
Tomide007:
On rail transport we should give it to this government, i think amaechi should be retained.

Amaechi is going nowhere. PMB will be unreasonable to send him home. He has proven himself worthy of another four years of service in the cabinet as the minister of works.

I just pray PMB will be able to, with the 9th senate make laws that will drastically review and reduce the emoluments and allowances of the lawmakers. He should kick start the gradual process of making political positions financially unattractive as it used to be at OBJ's first term. It was his inordinate ambition for a 3rd term that made him to indulge im Ghana-must-go gifts to the lawmakers. Then their eyes opened to wealth and from then onwards they have gradually inflated their emoluments without the knowledge of Nigerians.
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by ceaser: 7:39am On May 23, 2019
TheGameYard:
One of the few working ministers after Fashola

I have not seen reason to believe Fashola is doing appreciably well in the power industry. BEDC has refused to distribute prepaid metres to consumers the estimated billings is killing. Anyways what's my own, I'm not even on grid, I remain on green until that prepaid meter is allocated to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by mapet: 9:09am On May 23, 2019
plaindealer:

kassidy4luvGEJ: :
AMAECHI is a fool no single project from your ministry in the south South and South East

Amaechi gave them the largest, the most expensive and job-creating rail project in Nigeria worth $12 billion, but what have the elected officials from that region done to promote and actualize that project? Nothing. This is the same project they did everything in their power to frustrate and even remove from the table and budgetary proposal by the Amaechi.

Are the governors, reps and senators from that region talking about the project? No. Are the people in that region putting pressure on their leaders to promote and push the project forward? No.

You took these words from my mouth. What should have been Rivers' gain is now the gain of Nigeria......and Rivers' loss. How could Riverians allow Wike to sell them crap on the Mono-Rail project up to the point of abandoning it? How can a whole people be collectively foolish? Other cities develop faster with a multi-modal transport system in which Rail is key

........ but what do I know? Riverians may be immuned to genuine development
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Healthgwr: 11:04am On May 23, 2019
Welcome developments.........................This information will be very useful......
The Nation Friday February 1, 2019 page 29 Hope rises for Cancer Patients.

In recent years, Nigeria has been plagued by increasing cases of people afflicted with cancer. It is a terminal disease that kills people in large numbers, while many are still battling for survival. The most common in Nigeria for women are breast cancer, cervix cancer, ovarian cancer, and colorectal cancer, while prostate cancer, liver cancer and colorectal cancer are some of the most common cases in men.

Sixty three pages of various testimonies mostly Nigerian and their phone numbers who had various health challenges before click the link bellow. Some of testimonies of Nigeria Medical Doctors and Pharmacists who also testify! Including Medical Doctors from Military Hospital have a look at pages 17 to 33. Visit the link below Please, copy to browser For full information visit https://bestofbelllifestylequalitylife..com or Shorten form /2HTGjrh

Or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ2hSToNNZ-ZXhTU3hySThUQlE/view?usp=sharing

Or shorten form

/xM6Olk
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by Blue3k(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2019
mamaafrik:

The government approved two dry ports. The first one was approved in 2006 but the concessionaire never completed the job. The second is being done by a Chinese firm set to be completed next year.

https://punchng.com/ibadan-to-get-two-dry-ports/
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by mamaafrik(m): 3:15am On May 24, 2019
plaindealer:

thanks so much
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by mamaafrik(m): 3:16am On May 24, 2019
PastorAji:
yes dunno the location of the new one
eseun sir
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by mamaafrik(m): 3:17am On May 24, 2019
Blue3k:

The government approved two dry ports. The first one was approved in 2006 but the concessionaire never completed the job. The second is being done by a Chinese firm set to be completed next year.

https://punchng.com/ibadan-to-get-two-dry-ports/

thank you bro
Re: Light Rail: Prepare For Gridlock In Oyo, Amaechi Alerts Incoming Govt by booksrite(f): 3:38am On Jun 29, 2019
yes dunno the location of the new one

kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / ‘Adeosun Suspended Gwarzo For Not Stopping Oando Forensic Audit’ - DailyTrust / 'Doyin Okupe, No Amount Of Prayer Can Change Your Son Being Gay' - Lawyer Writes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.