Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB (36965 Views)

NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by 9jaRealist: 4:59am On May 23, 2019
Mustsucceed:

I wanted to point out facts on this then I realized you are not even well informed.The judgement debt today stands at over 8 bn yet you quote 2.4 .so why bother wasting my time on you?

2.4 what?! Dude, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? shocked
>

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Nobody: 4:59am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

Nope! That's gross PROFITS (that is, profit before tax)...
In fact, to be exact it was N215.59 billion, while profit after tax (i.e., net profit) was N184.6 million.

Like I said it paid an interim dividend of N8.82 billion to shareholders in August last year, with full year dividends to follow.
As shareholders are equity risk-takers in a company, paying a N8 billion fine would merely mean foregoing one interim dividend (if necessary).

You have to realize that GTB is not just a Nigerian company. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange, which not only means that all of its financial information is public knowledge, but also ensures that it adheres to the HIGHEST corporate governance standards. Accordingly, it is likely that GTB had long ago made provisions (via a general reserve) for this fine (what is known as a contingent liability) on its books. IFRS and Basel III (even Basel II) rules, which multinational (even Nigerian) banks are bound by, would definitely mandate such a provision. When a company like GTB makes N184 billion in NET profits (that is, profits after taxes, charges and PROVISIONS, including any contingency reserves) and pays out less then N10 billion in dividends, the rest of those profits go into (1) capex and (2) General Reserves/Shareholder Funds.

Bemusing when folks argue that an N8 billion fine would cripple a bank with N3.29 TRILLION Total Assets and N576 billion Shareholder Funds.
>

I almost applauded you here until.......

If this isn't copy and paste then you probably are an internal working person of Gtb tasked with convincing public that gtb can pay this and its chicken change.I won't go into long detailed argument with you ..

But let's ask a simple question ,what is stopping you from paying ? Why moving from one court to the other?allowing interests to accrue ?...

6 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Nobody: 5:01am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

2.4 what?! Dude, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? shocked
>

You think you are smart you edited it .as discredible as Gtb

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by 9jaRealist: 5:17am On May 23, 2019
Mustsucceed:

I almost applauded you here until.......

If this isn't copy and paste then you probably are an internal working person of Gtb tasked with convincing public that gtb can pay this and its chicken change.I won't go into long detailed argument with you ..

But let's ask a simple question ,what is stopping you from paying ? Why moving from one court to the other?allowing interests to accrue ?...

grin grin grin

Dude, first you confuse me for someone else and now you input that I am a GTB employee...

Sometimes I tend to forget that in Nigeria, discussions are often about people and impugning motives instead of FACTS and substance. Like I said in the post you quoted, GTB is a PUBLICLY-LISTED and PUBLICLY-TRADED company listed on two stock exchanges, including the Big Board of the London Exchange (where reporting and corporate governance standards are extremely high) and thus its financial information and accounts are PUBLIC information that is easy to get for anyone who prefers discourse based on FACTS rather than beer-parlor rumors.

I'm afraid that I have to disappoint you as I am not an employee, shareholder, solicitor, nor any other kind of advisor, to/of GTB, but merely someone who prefers intelligent discourse based on FACTS (rather than the childish gossips and/or churlish ethnicity-riven drivel that often pervades this forum). Nonetheless, my guess is that most people would balk at paying a fine they believe to be unmerited. Fortunately, there is an enlightened process for resolving such disputes, called the JUDICIAL process - which GTB has exercised its rights to avail itself thereof.
>

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by 9jaRealist: 5:21am On May 23, 2019
Mustsucceed:

You think you are smart you edited it .as discredible as Gtb

Duh! I CANNOT edit my post that is quoted within someone else's post...
However, I decline to join you in the gutter of childish false charges/personal insults because I was obviously raised better. SMH undecided
>
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by mushystuff: 5:45am On May 23, 2019
Cherrybae:
Yebo people and bribe is like bread and butter.

The court is even at the backyard of the shameless innoson.

Watch Tribal bigoted Igbos take over the thread

I guess you're too blind to see that GTB had lost this case serially up to the Supreme Court. Those superior courts are also at Innoson's backyard abi? Rather than educate yourself on the functioning of the Federal high court that the judge sitting at Awka may not necessarily be Igbo because it's a federal and not state high court, you are here showing ur usual bigoted ignorance for all to see. Again, even if the judge is Igbo, a lower court cannot overrule or detract from the judgement of a superior court but must give effect to it when called upon to do so. Is it not GTB that filed this process at Awka? In your mind, the matter should have been heard at Ogbomoso or Ilesha so they'd get favourable judgement because ignorance will not let you know or learn about jurisdiction.

Get an education, illiteracy of this brand u have displayed is too expensive!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Nobody: 5:46am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

Duh! I CANNOT edit my post that is quoted within someone else's post...
However, I decline to join you in the gutter of childish false charges/personal insults because I was obviously raised better. SMH undecided
>

Your manner of language definitely shows you were raised "better" .Have a good day sir

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Nobody: 5:47am On May 23, 2019
mushystuff:

I guess you're too blind to see that GTB had lost this case serially up to the Supreme Court. Those superior courts are also at Innoson's backyard abi? Rather than educate yourself on the functioning of the Federal high court that the judge sitting at Awka may not necessarily be Igbo because it's a federal and not state high court, you are here showing ur usual bigoted ignorance for all to see.

Get an education, illiteracy of this brand u have displayed is too expensive!

I stopped breathing when I read that post .This generation ......

3 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Nobody: 5:49am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Dude, first you confuse me for someone else and now you input that I am a GTB employee...

Sometimes I tend to forget that in Nigeria, discussions are often about people and impugning motives instead of FACTS and substance. Like I said in the post you quoted, GTB is a PUBLICLY-LISTED and PUBLICLY-TRADED company listed on two stock exchanges, including the Big Board of the London Exchange (where reporting and corporate governance standards are extremely high) and thus its financial information and accounts are PUBLIC information that is easy to get for anyone who prefers discourse based on FACTS rather than beer-parlor rumors.

I'm afraid that I have to disappoint you as I am not an employee, shareholder, solicitor, nor any other kind of advisor, to/of GTB, but merely someone who prefers intelligent discourse based on FACTS (rather than the childish gossips and/or churlish ethnicity-riven drivel that often pervades this forum). Nonetheless, my guess is that most people would balk at paying a fine they believe to be unmerited. Fortunately, there is an enlightened process for resolving such disputes, called the JUDICIAL process - which GTB has exercised its rights to avail itself thereof.
>

I must however commend you style of delivering a good argument .you write well .clearly well educated and self developed .how ever stop this childish "dude" etc.
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Amumaigwe: 6:42am On May 23, 2019
Dottore:

Oga no Nigerian company or firm will pay an u budgeted fine of 8.8billion naira and still be smiling. Their gross earnings is 215billion how will be remaining after tax and how much will be remaing after shareholders funds are disbursed and how much will remain for operating costs. Do you know how much resources that have been wasted in the course of this case? In a corporate organization every task or errand costs money.

Do you know that once they pay that money, it will trigger and encourage more litigations from many other dissatisfied customers and shareholders not only in GTB but in many other banks.

So they should intensify their futile efforts at evading justice so as to remain afloat? What happens tomorrow when they bring up a litigation against their debtor, will the same argument apply?

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Amumaigwe: 6:45am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

Nope! That's gross PROFITS (that is, profit before tax)...
In fact, to be exact it was N215.59 billion, while profit after tax (i.e., net profit) was N184.6 million.

Like I said it paid an interim dividend of N8.82 billion to shareholders in August last year, with full year dividends to follow.
As shareholders are equity risk-takers in a company, paying a N8 billion fine would merely mean foregoing one interim dividend (if necessary).

You have to realize that GTB is not just a Nigerian company. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange, which not only means that all of its financial information is public knowledge, but also ensures that it adheres to the HIGHEST corporate governance standards. Accordingly, it is likely that GTB had long ago made provisions (via a general reserve) for this fine (what is known as a contingent liability) on its books. IFRS and Basel III (even Basel II) rules, which multinational (even Nigerian) banks are bound by, would definitely mandate such a provision. When a company like GTB makes N184 billion in NET profits (that is, profits after taxes, charges and PROVISIONS, including any contingency reserves) and pays out less then N10 billion in dividends, the rest of those profits go into (1) capex and (2) General Reserves/Shareholder Funds.

Bemusing when folks argue that an N8 billion fine would cripple a bank with N3.29 TRILLION Total Assets and N576 billion Shareholder Funds.
>

I agree with you. Why can they pay the dude the chicken change and save their reputation?

4 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by capitalzero: 6:52am On May 23, 2019
hollah123:
guy u don't understand business law, they are only buying time

why?
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by SarakiBukola: 9:35am On May 23, 2019
kaen1317:
Glory be to God.

Moomoo. Will Innoson give you 1 Naira ?

Celebrating someone who doesn't give a shiit about you is pathetic.
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by olowo1995(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2019
Let wait for supreme order... Buh Gtb dey bleeped up, this case is has been long ooooo
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Quorax: 9:38am On May 23, 2019
hollah123:
what kind of time are they buying in case that they will not win?

This is just Nigeriam disease of ego at work when the best thing to have done was to seek out of court resolution.

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by byteem: 10:06am On May 23, 2019
irepnaija4eva:
Enough of all this hide and seek games by GTB. They should throw in the towel already and come to a gentle man's round table agreement.
This shit is getting embarrassing...

ITS TOO LATE FOR GENTLEMAN AGREEMENT .. IF GTB LIKES LET THEM DELAY. ALL THE BETTER. THE MORE IT DELAYS THE MORE INTEREST ACCRUES .. AFTER ALL ITS THEIR DELAY THAT MADE IT RISE TO THIS POINT.. SEGUN AGBAJE IS JUST AN ARROGANT PREECK

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Tchange1(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2019
Innoson Guaranty Trust Bank Loading.....

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by JonCina(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2019
NotNairalandi:
Very soon we go have Innoson Trust bank
I just hope the customers' money are safe!
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by HIPROFILE(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2019
Mexyz:
I guess you're a tribal bigoted Yoruba.
A tribal bigot calling others tribal bigots undecided undecided... Oshi o da

bro needless waste quote on a kid you only tutor

when an under 17 comments you should know

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by HIPROFILE(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2019
Cherrybae:
Yebo people and bribe is like bread and butter.

The court is even at the backyard of the shameless innoson.

Watch Tribal bigoted Igbos take over the thread

needless waste quote on a kid you only tutor

when an under 17 comments you should know

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by otokx(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2019
GTB handled this matter quite badly, they are the ones that stand to loose more in terms of image should things go down south fast.

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Born2Breed(f): 11:10am On May 23, 2019
NaijaMutant:

Nigeria is such a place where illiterates or at best half baked graduates consider themselves qualified to lecture professors grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by 3rdeyeNigeria: 11:24am On May 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

That's not even a legal remedy available in this case...
The bank is NOT in any danger of losing its license, and obviously can immediately pay off the entire amount.

Meanwhile, how exactly is pursuing legal remedies in a court of law supposedly "muscle and hooliganism"? shocked
>
For the bolded, They used thugs to stop Innoson from executing the FIFA while they approached the court for a stay of execution..

The court has turned down their request.

Secondly, GTB MD and Chair is at risk of going to jail for contempt, go and verify.

They is a case against Them for contempt already.

2 Likes

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Teegelop(f): 11:30am On May 23, 2019
kaen1317:
No wonder GTB mobile banking is messing up.

You got it wrong, the app might not be working perfectly simply because there has been and update.

All you need to do is to download the updated version.
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by barag(f): 11:56am On May 23, 2019
hollah123:

Which time are they buying? The longer the time wasted the more interest accrued on the judgment sum

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2019
post=78630428:

An illiterate just typed!

This illiterate moniker says it all!

Go carry the bank for your BIG head go meet innoson nah!
The mod will not see this one now to ban

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by PHIPEX(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2019
Why is GTB making free money for Innoson. As it stands the money could turn out to be Innoson's biggest "investment". Most companies don't make a net profit of 22% per annum.

1 Like

Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by cescky(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2019
post=78630428:

An illiterate just typed!

This illiterate moniker says it all!

Go carry the bank for your BIG head go meet innoson nah!

Sai barbarian

The thing pain you like that grin
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Andrea042(m): 2:29pm On May 23, 2019
grin grin
maxiuc:
Innoson no pity Dem oooo
Re: Court Okays Innoson On Its Execution Of Judgment Against GTB by Chuksgeo: 5:39pm On May 23, 2019
irepnaija4eva:
Enough of all this hide and seek games by GTB. They should throw in the towel already and come to a gentle man's round table agreement.
This shit is getting embarrassing...
\

Innoson Chukwuma is a gentleman that I know who would want to give GTB so many options in staying and executing the courts' rulings but they embarrassed his wife during the high point of this case when, operatives of law enforcement agencies went to his house, dragged him out and in the process slapped his wife. I am sorry for them, an Igbo can tolerate you but not when you humiliate his wife, worst still is that his wife is the daughter of one of the richest businessman and family in Nnewi, just mark my word GTB will suffer more than this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Recession: 12 Ways To Earn Foreign Currency Legitimately In Nigeria / Paddy Adenuga: It Is Nice Having Rich Parent, But It's His Money, Not Mine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.