Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,036,931 members, 7,448,323 topics. Date: Friday, 02 June 2023 at 01:39 PM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suicide Outbreak - Basic Facts By Dr Ferguson Ehimen (187 Views)
Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined (2) (3) (4)
|Suicide Outbreak - Basic Facts By Dr Ferguson Ehimen by fermen22: 10:55pm On May 22, 2019|
HEALTH ALERT!!! Preamble: According to WHO, globally, 800,000 suicide cases occur annually and Nigeria last year alone recorded 80 cases of suicide. Again Just this few weeks (before 22nd May, 2019) in Nigeria alone, several suicides have been reported...
Warning signs of suicides or Symptoms
1. feeling of hopelessness
2. intolerable to life challenges 3.Preoccupation with violence, dying, or death
4. Having mood swings
5.Being agitated, or in a heightened state of anxiety
6.Experiencing changes in personality, routine, or sleeping patterns
7. Consuming drugs or more alcohol than usual
8.Engaging in risky behavior, such as driving carelessly
9.Getting hold of a gun, medications, or substances(snipers and other poisons) that could end a life
10.Experiencing depression and
1.Depression 2. Failure and collapse of rich Africa family and social support system 3. Persistent and General life challenges eg financial, chronic and mental illness etc 4.Alcohol or drug abuse.
5.Having access to dangerous substance firearm, snipers and other common household poisons( e.g rat poisons, herbicides etc)
Prevention and control
1. Let's ensure total revitalization of our rich Africa family and social support system.
2. Create protective environments eg reducing access to dangerous substance, firearms, snipers etc
3. Regulation of use of dangerous substances and equipments
4. Identify and support people at risk eg prompt identification and treatment
5. Talk and share your problems with trusted people eg good friends, pastors, health care workers etc
6. Teach individual how to cope with stress eg attending seminars or workshops on coping and problem-solving skills
7. Strengthening economic support and ensuring improvement in standard of living by the government.
***Please do not relent, talk to your neighbors, check on your friends always.
Acknowledgement and source: WHO, CDC, UK healthline
Courtesy: Saint Pius foundation and SPF life coach and health arena . For more details: Visit our Ehimen Ferguson and Saint Pius foundation @ our FB, Instagram, YouTube. Chat or call :+2349091335281
|Re: Suicide Outbreak - Basic Facts By Dr Ferguson Ehimen by megaxart(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2019|
How can I get diagnosed
TLSL Foundation Took Drugs Addiction Campaign To Secondary Schools in Lagos / What Happens To Your Immune System When You Grow Old? / Get Expert Answers From Doctors!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28