Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . (8451 Views)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by dexterg(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
@Gbawe
we ar talking about d president of dis country n nt ur village chief.
I understand u ar in for Ribadu, but dat shouldn't make u insult d dignity of our bloved president. JUDGE WITHOUT SENTIMENTS!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by DisGuy: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
So in a nation where guns are readily available for N5000 or less, where militants are more powerful that local policemen, where gas loaded tanks explode every other week, where airport staffs can be bribed to get access to air plane tyre compartments someone will now go use a tattered 1970s nissan cab to barge into 50something convoy cars like the one in that video, absolutely incredible anyone would charge someone for attempted murder good thing we know the background of the malo government with militant background!

our gentleman president cannot lead by example incarcerating family man for minor offence with no trial, if the guy has spent 3 months in jail with no trial i wonder what the actual sentence for dangerous driving is in nigeria
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Reference(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
I find it difficult to understand how the cabbie got that far but he's one lucky chap. Ram the president's ride in any country including the States, yes Obama's limo and you'd probably go down in a hail of bullets, no questions asked. Lucky chap.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by DisGuy: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
if Obama's car was rammed i can bet my left one the picture and evidence will be made available to the whole wide world even before the case gets to the court or coroner- it will be conclusive, the history of the man will be made available to every mofo that's got an internet connection or access to a newspaper-totally conclusive!

the only thing we know for now is that  the word RAMMED was used by the media, some months ago it was the presidents convoy 'was delayed' now it has been turned into rammed and the press sec still deny knowledge of the incident whilst unnecessarily detaining ( without trial) a family man trying to make a living
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ezegold4we: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2010
u guys r not getting the information proper,it was gej's driver that ran into the lane of the poor driver becos of his reckless driving,the driver was even sacked,how on earth do u think that an ordinary poor driver will hit gej's car,and still be alive,its impossible,but due to human rights activist's intervention to sue the presidency,the poor man was relased.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by DisGuy: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
ezegold4we:

u guys r not getting the information proper,it was gej's driver that ran into the lane of the poor driver becos of his reckless driving,the driver was even sacked,how on earth do u think that an ordinary poor driver will hit gej's car,and still be alive,its impossible,but due to human rights activist's intervention to sue the presidency,the poor man was relased.

Bros please tell us more!

we have very incompetent journalist in this country, allowing people get away with murder with half-baked information
one day the presidents convoy was delayed and the man charge to court for obstruction, next month the man is detained for 3 months awaiting murder charges, the media secretary representing our man of change who one would assume was in support of transparency will be forthcoming with the real issue is denying knowledge of the incident!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by donobi(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2010
i dont believe the story.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Eretare(m): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
Some persons are making comments just because they oppose Jonathan for presidency.
Imagine if the security services killed the man for such a move what would be the response? In some countries, the man would be killed or if not properly "processed". Then others would think twice.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2010
ezegold4we:

grin grin grin grin grin I knew I would be vindicated finally in this day and age of information overload. we are in an information age . gestapo-style cover-up belong in the past.  Assasinate the President my foot !!!! No wonder the Prosecution team could not be bothered to turn up for this ego-tripping power show they all knew was false and a waste of their time !!!

Gbawe wrote;

Folks are not looking at what they should examine . This man has been incarcerated for over 3 months!!! It is highly likely he was jailed on trumped-up charges because we are told the security details of Mr.President were negligent to begin with. The accident may have been partly their fault and the beating of the "suspect" and his subsequent incarceration may all be an attempt to pretend as if the guy was a serious threat . Furthermore , in a case that involved the near "assasination" of our President, why is the Prosecution not at all serious if they actually believe they are tackling a man who tried to kill Jonathan? Yet the representation for the defense is turning up in Court diligently to fight for their client !!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2010
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin I knew I would be vindicated finally in this day and age of information overload. we are in an information age . gestapo-style cover-up belong in the past. Assasinate the President my foot !!!! No wonder the Prosecution team could not be bothered to turn up for this ego-tripping power show they all knew was false and a waste of their time !!!

What a sad sod. cry
I wonder why so many politicians have the morality of the gutter. You are "vindicated" by a rumour started right here on NL? I really can't express the degree of shame I feel reading your words. Its a pity.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Uclloyd28(m): 3:48am On Sep 28, 2010
@Op, How much where you paid 2 put up this post, In The US of A, If such a thing happens, the Driver will be treated the same, apart from the beating he was given, (nigeria is known for Military Violence, i put it to you GEJ didn't order them to beat the man black and blue), He rammed into a Presidents Car, at the first instance, Assassination comes in mind, for the love of sharwama, it's election period, Arrows are released

GEJ is the people's Choice, Nothing you post will change that, Bad Belle like you
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Osmondi: 4:25am On Sep 28, 2010
grin grin grin He taught it would be another "Tinubu u don bash my car case".im forget say dat one na music.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Uclloyd28(m): 4:28am On Sep 28, 2010
Osmondi:

grin grin grin He taught it would be another "Tinubu u don bash my car case".im forget say dat one na music.
Lmao grin, Reality Check for that Man
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Neoluv(m): 4:48am On Sep 28, 2010
The president was moving with his convoy,taxi driver ignored the convoy and hit the car conveying the president(was he trying to over take them) ,wount a normal person give way, even when mike adenuga is moving with his convoy ,everybody go clear road, if i were the president and one taxi driver stupidly bashed my mercedes s600,its only firing squad that would be fit for him
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Uclloyd28(m): 4:52am On Sep 28, 2010
Neo-luv:

The president was moving with his convoy,taxi driver ignored the convoy and hit the car conveying the president(was he trying to over take them) ,wount a normal person give way, even when mike adenuga is moving with his convoy ,everybody go clear road, if i were the president and one taxi driver stupidly bashed my mercedes s600,its only firing squad that would be fit for him
You made a point here, tho is a funny way grin How can a Taxi Driver run into a President's Convoy Didn't he hear the siren Can a Taxi Driver run into Obama, No Way, So why will GEJ case be different, 9Town number one citizen o
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 4:59am On Sep 28, 2010
Uclloyd28:

You made a point here, tho is a funny way grin How can a Taxi Driver run into a President's Convoy Didn't he hear the siren Can a Taxi Driver run into Obama, No Way, So why will GEJ case be different, 9Town number one citizen o

Abeg, don't call Nigeria 9Town, it is as insulting as that taxi driver crashing into the President.

@topic
To all those misguided souls asking if the man would have suffered this sort of treatment with Obama's convoy; all I can say is, pick a visa to the US and test your theory. . . And watch with amazement how you vanish from the face of Earth without trace (oh yes, some secret services are that efficient cool). A trial will convince you.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Uclloyd28(m): 5:04am On Sep 28, 2010
Beaf:

Abeg, don't call Nigeria 9Town, it is as insulting as that taxi driver crashing into the President.

@topic
To all those misguided souls asking if the man would have suffered this sort of treatment with Obama's convoy; all I can say is, pick a visa to the US and test your theory. . . And watch with amazement how you vanish from the face of Earth without trace (oh yes, some secret services are that efficient cool). A trial will convince you.
Sorry Oga, NIGERIA
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Neoluv(m): 5:20am On Sep 28, 2010
Just imagine this:, A young guy of 17 jockinly sent a hate mail to obama(in it,he called him a pu&&y and all sort of vulga word u can think of ), S.S.S traced his house in the uk and told him he has been barred from entering the u.s for life!, just mail oooh
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Uclloyd28(m): 5:32am On Sep 28, 2010
Neo-luv:

Just imagine this:, A young guy of 17 jockinly sent a hate mail to obama(in it,he called him a pu&&y and all sort of vulga word u can think of ), S.S.S traced his house in the uk and told him he has been barred from entering the u.s for life!, just mail oooh
hahahahahaha, you see the point are trying to make? Thank you my brother for this

@OP, get a life
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by DECOtech(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2010
How many of us posting on this thread was there when it happened? press men have a way of twisting the truth to attract some kind of reaction from the public. the language used was "RAM INTO JONATHANS CAR" of all other cars in the convoy but the one carrying the president. the question shld be "was he sleeping on wheels? did his brakes fail? or was he sent? and by who? I'm not in jonathans defence but let security inteligence do their work.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by DECOtech(m): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2010
Jonathan's car couldn't have swerved into another lane! what for? thats d duty of the back up pilots to do lane cover. but if presido's driver did that then he should be sentenced to death for attempted murder.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by bisiaet: 10:55am On Sep 28, 2010
Nigerians always like faking reality instead of facing it. 99% of you that are talking rubbish will even do worse. let forget about the fact that he is the president, ordinary citizens would even do worse. Some of these taxi drivers are naturally careless and should be taught a little lesson. This kind of drivers have send so many innocent people to their early grave and this must be stopped. GEJ is even a good man, i must tell you that nobody will take that rubbish, if he had mistakenly as they put it killed the president what would they have said. Nigerians always want to see it happen before they believe that is why we hardly move forward in this country because we always want to experience and see it happen instead of learning from other peoples mistake and experiences. THE TAXI DRIVER MESSED UP. lets say the truth.

Please may God bless you. I asked a question in my earlier post that how could the driver proof he was not aware that it was president that was coming is he not a Nigerian? or is he blind? everybody knows if even a bank van siren is blaring just simply give way full stop. I cant understand why so many are just ranting and talking against GEJ if it were to be any of us we will do even worse than that this is the truth.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by realborn(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ all,

we are still missin a vital point.
i believe we should extend our vituperations towards the media for misrepresenting this case
we want proofs that the driver rammed into the convoy. I reiterate again since February without escalation.
someone posted a counter report citing that the taxi driver was unlawfully detained and released based on human rights activists intervention
i totally concur that apt punitive measures be taken against the taxi driver if true he actually rammed in.
but if to the contrary, adequate compensation must be given to him to show that the FG is sensitive even to the plight of a Nigerian individual.
until evidences are provided, i will assume that the above story is a hoax that never occured.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by marjo: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
U mean he overtook a whole convoy of cars (whether front or back) and came to ram into GEJ's car
or could it be that he came from an adjoining street - the incident defies logic.
Our security sef, do they think someone who wants to kill GEJ will be that dumb angry
all they have to do are: hire a sniper, install a bomb in a place he will be, give him poisoned tea or apple grin' parcel bomb (no out of fashion), etc etc
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by safariman(m): 6:06pm On Sep 28, 2010
Quote:
'THE TAXI DRIVER MESSED UP. lets say the truth." Therefore, he deserve beating from a civilian president in this modern day 21st century of law and order?

@olaolufred
I was stating that even ordinary Akala had armoured trucks when traveling not to talk of JEG
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by jaephoenix(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2010
@beaf n bluetooth,u guys lack reasonih faculty.locked up 4 3 mths,n thats okay 2 u people?By d way doesnt dis story sound crazy,dont presidents drive in convoys,wit cars n jeeps in front n back?so how did d taximan ram into d presidents car?n pls ,as someone pointed out we havent yet started kamikaze type assasinations in dis country.the guy is just a taximan fendin 4 his family
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by deboski4u: 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
these issue shld not be somtin to argue on, am a security person, u may agree or disagree with me but there are somtins u shld know,
1. agreed if it happens it is a security lapses;
2. the man is lucky to be alive;
3. it is not the presidential details that will deal with d man, it is the police on the road;
4. the president may at most times not know about the incidence;
5. spending 3months in jail is due to our justice system;
6. its motive at that time is irrelevant because assuming he was shot b4 reaching the president, whose fault? the cab driver.
7. human rights or not, nigerians needs iron hands;
8. any argument shld not be done with sentiment.
thanks
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2010
jaephoenix:

@beaf n bluetooth,u guys lack reasonih faculty.locked up 4 3 mths,n thats okay 2 u people?By d way doesnt dis story sound crazy,dont presidents drive in convoys,wit cars n jeeps in front n back?so how did d taximan ram into d presidents car?n pls ,as someone pointed out we havent yet started kamikaze type assasinations in dis country.the guy is just a taximan fendin 4 his family

You're not serious! Many people are locked up for years in Nigera, "awaiting trial." Blame the justice system for why the guy was locked up for 3 months, but you will find that even in developed countries, people get locked up for extended periods of time without trial due to the enormity of their crimes (ever heard of Guantanamo Bay?). The dude in the story below, has been banged behind bars for 6 fcking years without trial in the UK (and still counting).

[size=14pt]Six years in jail, no charge: the war on terror's forgotten victim speaks[/size]

Babar Ahmad, 35, is the longest-serving prisoner held without charge or trial in the UK. In his first media interview since his arrest on a US extradition warrant in 2004, Mr Ahmad tells Robert Verkaik that he is the forgotten victim of the 'war on terror'. In March 2009, he was awarded £60,000 in compensation after an admission by the UK's anti-terrorist police that they subjected him to 'grave abuse, tantamount to torture' during his first arrest in December 2003. Corresponding via email from a secure isolation unit at Long Lartin prison, he calls on the Government to charge him or release him. Today, the European Court of Human Rights rules on his case

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/six-years-in-jail-no-charge-war-on-terrors-forgotten-victim-speaks-2021138.html

deboski4u:

these issue shld not be somtin to argue on, am a security person, u may agree or disagree with me but there are somtins u shld know,
1. agreed if it happens it is a security lapses;
2. the man is lucky to be alive;
3. it is not the presidential details that will deal with d man, it is the police on the road;
4. the president may at most times not know about the incidence;
5. spending 3months in jail is due to our justice system;
6. its motive at that time is irrelevant because assuming he was shot b4 reaching the president, whose fault? the cab driver.
7. human rights or not, nigerians needs iron hands;
8. any argument shld not be done with sentiment.
thanks

Thanks for that.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by seanet02: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
Beaf:

You're not serious! Many people are locked up for years in Nigera, "awaiting trial." Blame the justice system for why the guy was locked up for 3 months, but you will find that even in developed countries, people get locked up for extended periods of time without trial due to the enormity of their crimes (ever heard of Guantanamo Bay?). The dude in the story below, has been banged behind bars for 6 fcking years without trial in the UK (and still counting).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/six-years-in-jail-no-charge-war-on-terrors-forgotten-victim-speaks-2021138.html

Thanks for that.
what an abyss of WISDOM
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2010
Beaf:

Thanks for that.

beaf - you are really beginning to disturb us.

you who were once saying nigeria is like nazi germany are now making excuses and citing gross miscarriages of justice and abuses of human rights in other countries as justification for holding an innocent man without trial?

you realise this could be any of us?

so if tomorrow, the US govt orders police to shoot civilians, the gej administration will be justified in pulling off an odi massacre?

stop making excuses for gej's mistakes
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2010
oyb:

beaf - you are really beginning to disturb us.

you who were once saying nigeria is like nazi germany are now making excuses and citing gross miscarriages of justice and abuses of human rights in other countries as justification for holding an innocent man without trial?

you realise this could be any of [size=14pt]us[/size]?

so if tomorrow, the US govt orders police to shoot civilians, the gej administration will be justified in pulling off an odi massacre?

stop making excuses for gej's mistakes

"Us?" Don't make me laugh, there is no adult half as daft as you the World over. It is that unique "talent" that has made you misinterprete what I wrote in black and white and totally straightforward.

If you mess about with state security, you get what is coming (including 3 months or more without trial).
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2010
Beaf:

"Us?" Don't make me laugh, there is no adult half as daft as you the World over. It is that unique "talent" that has made you misinterprete what I wrote in black and white and totally straightforward.

If you mess about with state security, you get what is coming (including 3 months or more without trial).

and you have the gall to post that your hero is different  sad sad sad

sounds like something qusay hussein would say

viva nazi nigeria undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Defends GCON Award To Dangote / Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ / Ethnic Crisis Brewing Between Yoruba, Igbos In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.