Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story (675 Views)

Ever Gone From Grace To Grass? / Green Snake Under The Green Grass / 'I Have Been Assaulted By Ladies Mostly' - Former Lagos Uber Driver Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story by Iret: 6:46am On May 23, 2019
“I am fed up of this life, I just want to go”, I said those words every day for 3 years. I am an English graduate but I am allowed to speak bad English over this matter. Five years out of Uni and no job. Not even, “Sister, come and do work for half salary. Let’s see what you can do.” There’s no job that I haven’t tried out for. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. For 6 months I cleaned houses and I thought I had hit my lowest, what could possibly get any lower?

When I applied to clean the streets of Lagos, I knew what a black hole felt like. Don’t ask me about my family. Please don’t. They are gone and thankfully they didn't get to see me at that point. Nothing was working out well, everything I could manage to do with money turned to ashes. It was horrible. Yet, it was during this time that I met some amazing hard working women who taught me some hard life lessons. I was in pain, angry, emotional and yet, they taught me.

At this lowest point in my life, silly things happened and I reconnected with a friend on Facebook. I don’t know why, but she wanted to help me. We weren’t the best of friends in school. We were not enemies either. But still, I was surprised that she wanted to help me. Bit by bit, I started to pick up the pieces of my life. It wasn’t easy but I am somewhere now. I have a zobo making business. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to sell you a drink. This was to give somebody some hope.

But when that hope comes and things start changing - be smart. Don’t spend like you just ‘entered’ money, use your head. If you become an entrepreneur, use funds very wisely. Social media is a place where things change in a heartbeat. It’s an unbelievable tool, use it well and one post can make you ‘blow’. Whatever it is you do, especially if you are coming from nothing, use your head well. Because falling down the 2nd time is always harder. Save any money saveable.

If you become a homeowner, go online and find ways to save money by using less money https://invoice.ng/blog/ways-to-save-money-in-nigeria/ . If it’s ordinary data for your phone, be smart and save costs https://www.mtnonline.com/manage-data ; if you are going to be a housewife, be sensible with funds https://infoguidenigeria.com/business-ideas-housewives/. I have to admit; I would not have been in that position if I had not made some poor decisions. So, above all else, be smart. It won’t be easy but be smart!

Abidemi Sikeade
Re: Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story by abelswife(f): 9:24pm On May 23, 2019
Okay, so how did she help you get out of the pit. What steps did you guys take, what did you change? I'm coming from Linda Ikeji and these are the things I wanted to hear.

I don taya for "all you need to succeed is in you, think it and achieve it" etc kind of motivational speech.
Separate the onions from the garlic.

Congratulations though.

1 Like

Re: Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story by naijaguy123456(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2019
You started you story well but really poor finishing. Your readers are interested in how you made it and how you are a success story.

You met old colleague on Facebook and you started selling zobo drink, is that all ?
Re: Former Lagos Cleaner Shares Grass To Grace Story by Edibles20: 10:05am On May 24, 2019
This story with less than a thousand view is already on Linda Ikeji's blog.

(1) (Reply)

Murder Of A Redeem Pastor In Port Harcourt Rivers State, CAN Cries Alound. / Breaking News: Another Fire Outbreak At Sango Toll Gate / What Gender And Picture Would Be On Bobrisky's International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.