Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Why I Wanted Justice Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Wanted Justice Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal (274 Views)

Justice Bulkachuwa And Other Judges Married To Politicians: / Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal / PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Wanted Justice Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Ugobestikyblog(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2019
The main opposition candidate Of the People Democratic Party PDP in the February presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, has explained his decision to request that the President of the Court of Appeal, Zainab Bulkachuwa, withdraws from the presidential election petition tribunal.

Mr Abubakar and his party, PDP, are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in the election. They asked Mrs Bulkachuwa to withdraw from the five-member panel she headed. They based their demand on Mrs Bulkachuwa’s relationship with an APC leader. Her husband is a Bauchi senator-elect on the APC platform.

On Wednesday, the tribunal ruled against Mr Abubakar and the PDP. It said both parties could not prove the possibility of bias against the judge and that Mrs Bulkachuwa’s husband was not a party to the suit.

Despite the ruling of the tribunal, however, Mrs Bulkachuwa refused herself from the panel on ‘personal grounds.’

In his statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES early on Thursday, Mr Abubakar said his “legal team’s objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa’s character or competence.”

“As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for....
SOURCE/READ MORE: https://ugobestiky.com/why-i-wanted-justice-bulkachuwa-to-withdraw-from-presidential-election-tribunal-atiku/
Re: Why I Wanted Justice Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Bmaster(m): 9:07am On May 23, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Governors Laud Osinbajo’s Leadership, Problem Solving Skills / Akeredolu Commissions Computerised Vehincle Inspection Center In Ondo / How Seyi Makinde Will Govern Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.