Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal (21658 Views)

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by FhukaFhuka: 3:21pm On May 23, 2019
grin

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by frankmoney(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2019
onamch:

Answer the question with prove or quietly move on.
answer your own question with proof that she isn't or quietly move on as well
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by aksule(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2019
The problem is that had it been it was the other way round, the noise that would have been generated is enough to power our epileptic power supply.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 23, 2019
When you steal money and you dont work for the money, you dont respect money. thats why sense eludes you and you waste the money on frivolities like lawsuits and election challenges you can never win!
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Legendguru: 3:52pm On May 23, 2019
hmmm
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by akdjr(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2019
Why didn't PDP ask her to resign when she presided over David Mark case vs Young Alhaji ? When her husband was a member of PDP.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Mitsurugi(m): 4:07pm On May 23, 2019
BabaO2:
go and educate yourself about justice odili cases first. If everybody thinks too simple like pdp nothing will work in nigeria. I have seen a referee of a national handling a match involving his country and other country. It is a professional work, stop being cheap in reasoning.

Taa! Which match? For your village abi? Lai Mohammed is a virus, I swear grin
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 23, 2019
onamch:

Who is begging? Is Justice Odili presiding over any case that involves PDP? No.
Why?
Because there is likelihood of bias should she be allowed to preside such case.
So why is the Judiciary and FG trying to make this one an exception?
What she did is the right thing expected of her.
Let's for once stop deceiving ourselves.

i think its time pdp & there sympathisers stop wrestling with shadows, i believe these is another stalling tactics by the pdp just to buy time to see who n who atiku dollar can buy ... i can imagine playing league on PS , anytime computer is leading @ 80min i reset grin
The badsnews still remain for pdp & there sympathizers, bulkachuwa might have step aside but she will still be the one to appoint the judges for the panel. so whats the point, they thot bulkachuwa would refuse then another noise we start, all a loser ever want is consistent sympathy grin mothafvckas
As anyone seen apc members advocate for bulkachuwa so far, like we saw pdp crying for justice onnoghen.. atiku losing is as imminent as chelsea will lose to arsenal come may29th europa champions grin
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Chem20(m): 4:48pm On May 23, 2019
Haba read up there again they said in law u can not preside over a cause that is yours. Footbal also has it's laws too nah
BabaO2:
go and educate yourself about justice odili cases first. If everybody thinks too simple like pdp nothing will work in nigeria. I have seen a referee of a national handling a match involving his country and other country. It is a professional work, stop being cheap in reasoning.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by olajizz01(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2019
ruby360:
ATIKU will this case at the supreme court.

88days gone in the 180 days stipulated for the case to hold. Buhari wants to islamize Nigeria but he will be the first president to chased out by
court order. Watch out!
Dream on,your frustration will be bigger than that of your master
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by FearGodinall: 5:03pm On May 23, 2019
BabaO2:
. A competitive match aba! Stop being clever by half. Give cases as example.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Jones4190(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2019
let me quickly remained PDP in case if there forgetting.
Justice Bulkachuwa husband was a PDP member and house of rep member representing Bauchi under PDP in 2003-2011 and same Bulkachuwa was presiding over opposition parties cases.
Justice Mary Odili a PDP staunch member's wife sat on Rivers APC matter in 2015 that looked into relocation of tribunal to Abuja.
Mary Odili sat on a matter in a case between Ali Modu Sherrif PDP faction and Wike's PDP faction, and Wike happens to be Peter Odili's boy same faction of PDP with Wike and Peter Odili is the husband of Justice Mary Odili.
Justice Anwuri Chikere is the wife of Hon Ken Chikere a PDP member representing Port Harcourt federal constitutency 2 presides over APC matters.
Hon Austin Opara former deputy speaker house of rep. and Wike main man a PDP member, his wife is a judge in Rivers and have been presiding on matters involving APC members.
Wike's wife is a judge and presides on APC members case in Rivers.
why now PDP? if the Dubia strategy is not working while not adopt the Cameroon advice?

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 23, 2019
IT WILL BE EASIER TO SEE SNOW IN LAGOS THAN TO SEE ATHIEFU IN ASO ROCK AS THE PRESIDENT. IN FACT THE CHANCES THAT THAT WILL HAPPENED IS INFINITESIMAL.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by WHITELIGHTER: 6:52pm On May 23, 2019
ClearFlair:
Discrimination and hatefulness is the hallmark of PDP. Just because she's female. God punish you all
You just want to talk sha.... Empty head
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by ArchAngelos999: 8:06pm On May 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are liar even In football matches referee appointed must not have any attachment to any team otherwise fairness is far in such game...maybe na friendly game or one of the Team no raise objections...

the guy think say we dey wear pampers for here
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2019
ArchAngelos999:

the guy think say we dey wear pampers for here
no mind am...even if atiku will lose he has set some precedence with the way he went about the case...which is fairness and due process in our country...2005 season of champions league because of how intense second leg of round 16 between Barça and Chelsea was de had to appoint pierlugi colinna to referee d match...dat match despite d drama produce two yellow card over all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by ocelot2006(m): 9:15pm On May 23, 2019
ClearFlair:
Discrimination and hatefulness is the hallmark of PDP. Just because she's female. God punish you all

You better read the post/article again.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by yemex04(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2019
State001:
Former Vice-President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has explained his decision to request that the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, withdraws from the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal.

Igbere TV reports that Abubakar and his party, PDP, are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 23 presidential election. They asked Justice Bulkachuwa to withdraw from the five-member panel she headed. They based their demand on Bulkachuwa’s relationship with an APC leader. Igbere TV gathered that her husband is a Bauchi Senator-elect on the APC platform.

On Wednesday, the Tribunal ruled against Abubakar and the PDP. It said both parties could not prove the possibility of bias against the judge and that Justice Bulkachuwa’s husband was not a party to the suit.

Despite the ruling of the Tribunal, however, Bulkachuwa refused herself from the panel on ‘personal grounds.’

In a statement sent to Igbere TV Thursday morning, Abubakar said his “legal team’s objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa’s character or competence.”

“As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for gender equality and female empowerment,” he said.

Full Statement,

“One of the principal maxims of the Common Law is nemo judex in causa sua (no man shall be a judge in his own case). The call by my legal team for Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa to recuse herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal was predicated on this principle, being that her husband, Alhaji Mohammed Bulkachuwa, is an All Progressives Congress Senator-elect and the case she was expected to adjudicate upon had a bearing on that party.

“My legal team’s objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa’s character or competence. As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for gender equality and female empowerment.

“It is with this in mind that I commend Justice Bulkachuwa for recusing herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Panel hearing my petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Her action showed courage and is an act of patriotism. She has, by this action, increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

“Not only do I commend her, I also pray, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, that Justice will be done by the tribunal according to the fear of God and not in keeping with respect for the powers that be.

“May God bless the judiciary and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/708408/why-i-asked-justice-bulkachuwa-to-withdraw-from-presidential-election-tribunal-atiku/

So if the judgment is not in your favour, they dnt have the fear of God but if it's your justice has been done

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by ruby360: 11:34pm On May 23, 2019
olajizz01:
Dream on,your frustration will be bigger than that of your master

Lol Mumu...herdsmen will cut off your head and take to your master Buhari.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by zoedew: 11:36pm On May 23, 2019
Medicine after death. Desperation to become President only to enrich his friends has driven Atiku to shoot himself in the foot. Who asked for his explanations on this matter? Judges are human! You wrongly accused somebody damaging her image in the process just to become President and you expect her colleagues to smile at you. It was one killer of a wrong decision Atiku made in the call for Bulkachuwa to recuse herself! Cheap blackmail that will tar Atiku for all time!

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by AnanseK(m): 11:48pm On May 23, 2019
Abdullahi O Haruspice wrote

LIKE AMINA ZAKARI, THEY JUST ‘MURDERED’ ZAINAB BULKACHUWA
The professional northern women who defied very constricted cultural and religious limits to climb up to the pinnacle of their chosen career are violently being haunted and subdued by vicious coordinated onslaughts. It started with Mrs Amina Zakari of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) who was hoarded, harassed and eventually denied what was her constitutional rights. When she was to be named chairman of the commission, vitriolic voices rose against her choice, according to the jejune judgments of the naysayers, she is a relative of President Muhammadu Buhari and that sealed her fate! For sharing an affinity with the president, she is thus unfit to assume positions she is eminently qualified for.
Not done with her, the fifth estate of ruins and depilating venom came viciously on her again when she was announced head of Election Collation Committee, like swam of flies perched rottenly on maggots infested faeces, they rose in anger tearing her to shreds. Her offence, they say was drawn out of the unfair allegation that she was related to President Muhammadu Buhari. While these elements unleashed their venom on this woman who worked diligently to reached her position, the world watched unconcerned that an innocent woman was been maligned and harangued by the very fact that she is a woman and from the north. Common sense was thrown to the wind as no one talked about her competence and the toils she endured to be one of the top shots at the Independent National Electoral Commission. Collectively, we conspired deliberately with our measured silence as we watched the orchestrated extermination of this woman’s dream.
In furtherance of their vicious game plan, the traducer hell bent in emasculating the rising fortunes of northern women are at it again, this time, and their evil onslaught is on another shining northern woman, her name is Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, President of the Court of Appeal. The same feeble argument put forth by those who wrecked Mrs Amina Zakari is the same template they are using for Zainab Bulkachuwa. Tragically, at the forefront of this barbaric clampdown is the People’s Democratic Party. For a party that has produced presidents and formed governments for Nigeria’s sixteen years of 20 years of democracy to champion such an offensive campaign against a woman is to say how debased, we have become as a nation.

In the basket of their mischief mills, they feared the neutrality of Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa who is the president of the Court of Appeal over matters pertaining to election petitions. In their faulty trepidations, they argued that Justice Zainab is married to the Bauchi North-Senator elect Ambassador Adamu Bulkachuwa. The traducer consumed in their jaundiced feeling seems to be convinced that judgments of the tribunals will favour the ruling All Progressive People’s Congress (APC) on the basis that Ambassador Bulkachuwa belongs to the party. What a pedestrian conclusion by people who prides themselves as seasoned strategists! So for this singular denominator, the career of this woman be halted and thrown away because she is a woman and married to a politician who happens to be in the ruling party? As I opined previously, the tragedy of reality is to be entombed in ignorance especially as it pertains to the workings of the law. That one’s spouse is the head of the court does not in any way translate to being an unfair beneficiary of the law. The law exists above the dictates of anyone, for the law recognizes facts and not rhetoric. To opine that the All Progressives Congress is using Adamu Bulkachuwa as a subterfuge to curry undeserved advantages from Justice Zainab is, to say the least, an unkind and unfair thing to say.
If indeed we are really worried about the ugly situation in the north where girls are married out early and denied education, then we must put a halt to this orchestrated onslaught on northern women who defied all odds to extricate themselves from the shackles of oppressive dogmatism. The world moves in accelerated strides when women are empowered to take equal lead with men. In a world defined by fairness, equality and equity, progress in human aspirations are assured and humanity better off. Let’s have a world where men and women are mutual partners in development.
Like Amina Zakari, Justice Zainab is on the burning clay of those whose trade is silenced the rising voices of women, particularly in the north. If Justice Mary Odili whose husband is a top member of the People’s Democratic Party has sat on the bench of the Supreme Court unhindered, why is Justice Zainab suffering all the bashing and forced attempt to dislodge her from the bench of the Appeal Court hearing the petitions from the recent elections outcome in Nigeria? Just this evening, like Amina Zakari, they just killed the dream of Zainab Bulkachuwa, another victim of womanhood.
Disgustingly musing

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by olajizz01(m): 5:33am On May 24, 2019
ruby360:

Lol Mumu...herdsmen will cut off your head and take to your master Buhari.

That is your believe and it will happen to you as you said amen.

By the way,Atiku you are put for head is yeebos right,that's why he was defending killer Fulanis in Taraba.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Ekpeitit(m): 6:01am On May 24, 2019
State001:
Former Vice-President and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has explained his decision to request that the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, withdraws from the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal.

Igbere TV reports that Abubakar and his party, PDP, are challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 23 presidential election. They asked Justice Bulkachuwa to withdraw from the five-member panel she headed. They based their demand on Bulkachuwa’s relationship with an APC leader. Igbere TV gathered that her husband is a Bauchi Senator-elect on the APC platform.

On Wednesday, the Tribunal ruled against Abubakar and the PDP. It said both parties could not prove the possibility of bias against the judge and that Justice Bulkachuwa’s husband was not a party to the suit.

Despite the ruling of the Tribunal, however, Bulkachuwa refused herself from the panel on ‘personal grounds.’

In a statement sent to Igbere TV Thursday morning, Abubakar said his “legal team’s objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa’s character or competence.”

“As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for gender equality and female empowerment,” he said.

Full Statement,

“One of the principal maxims of the Common Law is nemo judex in causa sua (no man shall be a judge in his own case). The call by my legal team for Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa to recuse herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal was predicated on this principle, being that her husband, Alhaji Mohammed Bulkachuwa, is an All Progressives Congress Senator-elect and the case she was expected to adjudicate upon had a bearing on that party.

“My legal team’s objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa’s character or competence. As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for gender equality and female empowerment.

“It is with this in mind that I commend Justice Bulkachuwa for recusing herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Panel hearing my petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Her action showed courage and is an act of patriotism. She has, by this action, increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

“Not only do I commend her, I also pray, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, that Justice will be done by the tribunal according to the fear of God and not in keeping with respect for the powers that be.

“May God bless the judiciary and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/708408/why-i-asked-justice-bulkachuwa-to-withdraw-from-presidential-election-tribunal-atiku/

Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by Ekpeitit(m): 6:03am On May 24, 2019
Shame on you Atiku,bullying an honest woman who was only doing her job shows that you are a man with no balls,shame on on you.
This is what women are facing in this country.Again,shame on you.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by AfonjaBoston: 12:13pm On May 24, 2019
onamch:

Answer the question with prove or quietly move on.

Omo Igbo, na "proof" not that igbotic crap you fire.
Re: Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal by booksrite(f): 3:30am On Jun 29, 2019
no mind am...even if atiku will lose he has set some precedence with the way he went about the case...which is fairness and due process in our country...2005 season of champions league because of how intense second leg of round 16 between Barça and Chelsea was de had to appoint pierlugi colinna to referee d match...dat match despite d drama produce two yellow card over all...

shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea / We Should Not Eat Cows That Trekked From Sokoto, Kano – Gov. Akeredolu / Nnamdi Kanu Is In London - Orji Uzor Kalu Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.