Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (48891 Views)

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by aminulive: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has revealed why he was absent at the Peace Accord Signing earlier today in Abuja.

President Muhammadu Buhari alongside a few other presidential candidates signed a peace accord for the 2019 general elections.

The National Peace Committee, which organised the event, had said that an invitation was sent to all 73 presidential candidates contesting the 2019 elections.

Spokesman for Atiku, Paul Ibe, told PoliticsNGR that his principal was not invited.

Donald Duke of Social Democratic Party (SDP), Kingsley Moghalu of Young Progressives Party (YPP), Oby Ezekwesili of Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN) and Omoyele Sowore of Action Alliance, were among the presidential candidates absent.

The Peace Accord requires the Presidential Candidates to do as follows;

To run issue-based campaigns at national, state and local government levels. In, this, we pledge to refrain from campaigns that will involve religious incitements, ethnic or tribal profiling, both by ourselves and by all agents in our names.

To refrain from making or causing to make in our names and that of our party, any public statements, pronouncements, declarations or speeches that have the capacity to incite any form of violence, before, during and after the elections.

To commit ourselves and political parties to the monitoring of the adherence to this Accord by a National Peace Committee made up of respected statesmen and women, traditional and religious leaders.

To support all institutions of government including INEC and the security agencies to act and be seen to act with impartially.
To forcefully and publicly speak out against provocative utterances a d oppose all acts of electoral violence whether perpetuated by our supporters and/or opponents.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-president-buhari-signs-peace-accord-2019-elections/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Seanpizzy10: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Simi Toast & Confess Her Love For Adekunle Gold Live On Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0ZCCPp7eU

Regina Daniels Disgrace & Beats Her Boyfriend Somadina In Dance Competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNAbRvoWzQ
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by donnie(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
cheesy

When a president underperforms, every right thinking people will change such government. If the next one underperforms, we change again.

God is with you our incoming President and Vice.
#AtikuObi

Tuale!

291 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by lovelove2323: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
shocked
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by agadafred: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Electoral act should be signed first

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Ahmed0336(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
He was not invited?

Hmmmm

10 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Mowoe(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
Atiku is a bastard
So is Jibrin AlSudani. People that have sense will be talking Zombies will be spitting UpAnDan.

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by TheUbermensch: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
Funny.

Why wasn't Atiku invited?

I smell a conspiracy.

15 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
Look at Muhammadu standing there as if he can read what he is signing.

One of my wishes for 2019 Is that buhariguy, sarrki, thegreenland aka , get a real job. So that they will see that life is truly swEet.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Oyecute(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
Which peace?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Rb53: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
X
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
Atiku is a bastard

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by ZombieTAMER: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
No body invited Atiku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by kolnel: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ok

He doesn’t have to sign
He’s losing surely

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by NORSIYK(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Does the LIFELESS THING knows what peace is?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Fuckyoumod: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
We don't need all this nonsense all we need is an improved electoral process.

but buhari refused to assent to what would have brought a peaceful and hitch free election.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Ijaya123: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Atiku already seeing the signs that his defeat is imminent.

He has forgotten that anybody the ipob miscreants support always end up loosing.

He should check recent history.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by adekennis(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
Cheap lies

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Judge13: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
grin

It is not only Atiku that boycotted the charade of a "peace accord". Sowore, Donald Duke and others boycotted too.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by zlantanfan: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
So a whole peace committee abdulsalam is involved with would not invite atiku.

It is either he isn't interested in peace or bitterness is controlling him.

First pic of dangote, the business man knows where 2019 is going, he won't even sit in the fence

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by subzero2(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Ijaya123: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
agadafred:
Electoral act should be signed first

What is wrong with the existing act?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Triangles1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
You're always full of excuse Sir but a bad excuse is better than non.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Ned102(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
rubbish peace sign the electorate bill
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by israelmao(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Peace must be practiced it doesn't end by signing a peace pact.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by mmclatino(m): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Fake shit !!
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by notoriousbabe: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
It's not compulsory Jo

This one my body is doing me go and marry go and marry. Did anybody tooked my name to Shiloh?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by Ifiokumo: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
There is no peace in the zoo. They can try to continue to deceive those that want to be deceived. Look at the very youthful Jubril in the picture he is seated lol....

FOolish people

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by dotunbidemi: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
undecided
Re: Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing by bedspread: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2018
Personally, I Think there are 2 Reasons why the Candidates didn't show up

1. The yet to Be Signed Electoral Act Law.....

2. The Jubrin/ Pmb Saga.....

The Electoral Act is Much more than any Signed Peace pact by 250%....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Seeks Support For Buhari’s Wife / Dolapo Osinbajo Shows Her Handmade Pineapple Crochet Dress / Mrs Buhari And Her Pretty Daughter Zahra Pictured In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.