Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

The Day He Died - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day He Died (5334 Views)

'Poet Who Died By His Poem' - Godspower Oshodin Launches Book In Dubai / In Biafra Africa Died By Emefiena Ezeani - PDF Download / The Day He Said It Was Over... I Cried��� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2019
THE DAY HE DIED

Written by : Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach

INTRODUCTION
My name is Chuckwuebere Emeka, 20 years old, only child of my father, the night my mother died, had been a terrible moment for my father. I never knew any family, they never wanted anything to do with my mother, she was the only reason my father wasn't spending lavishly, the only reason my father's family didn't have their way. And now she is dead, my father had refused to marry, he wanted his son to be able to fend and cater for himself before he remarried so no woman would ride me of my entitlement but now he is dead also.
These faces am seeing, am certain are guilty, the woman and her strange child coming out from nowhere, claiming to be the new wife my father married.
Their only grace should be that I don't find them guilty. One by one, I will certainly kill them.
CHAPTER ONE

3 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 10:55am On May 23, 2019
Devilpen:
THE DAY HE DIED

Written by : Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach

LightQueen
Temmmitope
Mielekcezylil
adetkid
skubido
donielord
Ann2012
Skubido
Daddio
Hamid7
Germaphobe
E aff land o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen
Temmmitope
Mielekcezylil
adetkid
skubido
donielord
Ann2012
Skubido
Daddio

E aff land o

Okay brother, let me go and buy popcorn and zobo first. grin
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2019
CHAPTER ONE
Emeka sat down on the only one sitter chair in the huge living room, among others, three elderly men, chatting and using their hands as gestures to themselves, though their voices were inaudible, Emeka didn't care about what they said, on his left, a fair complexion lady, was seated with black cloth material know her, she clinched the three years old child tighter to her bossom, beside her seated a middle aged woman, and another elderly woman, and next to them was a young man with a file in his hand, neatly dressed in an office suit.
"Thanks to everyone for coming" The man said, smiling and made sure his eyes moved from one individual to another. "I am Barrister Toks " He said and cleared his throat.
"due to the untimely death of Mr. Charles Chuckwuebere, he wasn't opportuned to leave behind how his property should be shared"
"You can leave that to the family head to decide, moodu mooodu " one of the elderly men said smiling and then turned it into laughter alongside others.
"No, not at all sir, since he has a wife, all will be given to her" Barrister Toks said and opened the file.
All this while, Emeka studied everyone's reaction, and he knew something wasn't right, one they shouldn't have easy agreed the strange woman to take over, second, they were too calm and lingered their neck to see what the barrister was bringing out from the file..
"I wish to file a case" Emeka finally spoke.
Everyone were shocked by his sudden statement.
"I will never belief my father never left a will, and I will never believe this woman is his wife or that child is my sibling, and secondly, I will love to run a DNA test" Emeka said, and adjusted himself.
"What is wrong with children of nowadays" Pa Chucks the family head blurted out his annoyance.
"No, Chucks, calm, this boy wants to hear history, when you father was still poor, I mean poor, we stood for him, now you that didn't know how he made it want to decide for us"
"Uncle Emeagwali, I don't mean to be rude, but until I am satisfied no one takes any decision " Emeka said.
"Emeka" barrister Toks called out calmly and adjusted his tie "here " he said and handed a paper over to Emeka "That is the DNA test we did, and here, your toothbrush" Barrister Toks said and opened his briefcase and passed Emeka toothbrush over.
"You took my belongings without my consent? "
"With these evidence, please don't drag matters, you will end up on the losing side" Barrister Toks said and continued, "Automatically all property goes to your step mother"
Emeka sighed heavily and walked upstairs to his room, he allowed himself to fall hard on his bed and began to cry profusely, he knew these things were all planned, he knew his father wouldn't keep a wife he wouldn't know about. He raised his head, his eyes already swollen, he walked towards the teakwando poster that hanged on the wall, and angrily ripped it off.
Tbc

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by adetkid(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2019
Tenks for the Invites Bro.....More Brain
Re: The Day He Died by Blackween(f): 1:59pm On May 23, 2019
Another brain booster
Following already
Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 2:15pm On May 23, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen
Temmmitope
Mielekcezylil
adetkid
skubido
donielord
Ann2012
Skubido
Daddio
Hamid7

E aff land o

I don siddon yakata
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2019
Emeka only grace he had was his father had written all company document in his name, so to some reasonable extent he could still fair fine, but these family were not relenting on the little they had acquired.
"Emeka, you still have a long way before you, your education, your career, running your Father's company will only distract you" The family elder had once persuaded him to hand over the company.
Emeka immediately took every necessary step making sure the company was still within him, from law firms down to the bank, he made sure everything was secure.
Emeka woke up from the knock that came at his door, he knew asking who was it was stupid, he knew it was the so called wife, sluggishly he made for the door
"Yes" he said staring into Oluchi's eyes.
"Your sister's feed has been exhausted " his step mother said
"Good, get her another one"
"But how, if you don't give me money "
Emeka felt frustrated and tried to hid it.
"Didn't you and your mother, step on the plastic company, why don't you just get cash from there" Emeka asked and stared into her eyes with much hatred.
"It's not my fault, your father had to keep me secret" She said
"Then whose, and am very sure, you and the family are just fooling around" Emeka said and banged the door against her face.
Heavy bags repeatedly came at his door finding it hard to ignore, he retrieved his ATM card and opened the door.
"Here, 2966" he said and slammed the door.
A situation like this everything was at stake, what he needed was critical wisdom, and he had to thread carefully, even now that the family members had decided to turn his father house to their vacation, where they could come in anytime and go without question.
---
Emeka stood in front of a newly constructed teakwando building, he had once participated in things like these, but since his father had died, he had lost interest in almost everything even education. He gently opened the door and went in, and walked up to the young man that was hanging a banner on one side of the wall.
"Good evening" Emeka greeted and walked closer.
The Man turned around to face Emeka, he wasn't really a man to Emeka's disappointment.
"What's wrong " the boy replied,
Emeka figured he could either be same age as him or a year older
"Are you in charge? " Emeka asked
"Yes, am Remi " the boy said and stretched his hand forward for an handshake which Emeka reached out for
"You look a bit disappointed " Remi asked and grabbed two swords from the shelf where about twenty swords were displayed.
"I thought you would be older"
"well I have lived more than a century" Remi replied and handed one sword to Emeka who skillfully caught it.
"Joke" Emeka said and laughed slightly
"How about if I told you I fought the great war" Remi said now moving in circulation motion around Emeka.
"Even it was my grandfather who told me the story of the great war" Emeka said scornfully and advanced towards Remi, sparring thr swords at themselves, for almost thirty minutes, then Emeka losses balance and his sword fell from his hand, he wiped the sweat that covered his face and exhaled loudly
Looking at Remi he was surprise at the kind of stamina he had. Just then Emeka's phone vibrated.
Looking at the screen of his phone his mood changed,
"Is everything alright" Remi asked observing Emeka's countenance
----
----
"Oluchi " Emeka shouted and barged into the living room,
Oluchi gallantly positioned herself on the three seated with shopping bags about fifteen littered round the room.
"How dare you, how dare you withdraw every dime in my account, five million" Emeka growled and advanced towards her.
Oluchi only stared at him, like she didn't hear what he said and continued playing with her child.
"Good" Emeka mumbled and walked up to his room.
"You haven't seen nothing" Oluchi said and hissed loudly.
-----
-----

1 Like

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2019
-----
Emeka was already getting irritated by the sudden behaviours of these members, all he needed was time off, Oluchi stood at the second storey balcony, looking at Emeka as he entered into the SUV jeep and drove out of the compound. The only place everyone knee he would go was his father's grave ground, that has been his normal routine whenever he was frustrated, but this time around, he decided to go somewhere else, and the teakwando gym seemed the best place for him at this time.
He found a good spot to park and alighted, then headed towards the entrance of the teakwando gym. A car recklessly drove by Emeka and what came next was the sound of a gunshot, immediately Emeka fell straight to the ground, without hesitation the car drove off.
Everyone in the neighborhood rushed down to the scene, scared of whatever might happen, nobody could attempt to help, just then Remi noticed the crowd and rushed out.
-----
----
News flash: Billionaire son, dead three months after his father's death.
News flash: Son assassinated in front of Prime teakwando.
----
----
Final rite for Emeka was done and Remi surveyed every members of the family, it didn't take him long to know something fishy was happening, before the end of the burial, he took his leave.
He walked towards the shelf where he had the swords arranged and moved it sideways and opened the door that was behind the shelf and entered into the other side.
Emeka laid on a bed, with drip running through him, Remi neared him placed a finger on his neck, feeling his pulse.
----
----
The day Emeka died, Remi rushed him to the hospital with the SUV, and found a way to contact his family, he made sure he monitored their movement unknown to them. The family head and some of the family members hurried to the hospital and after a brief chat with the doctor, the took Emeka's unconscious body with them, only to dump him by the roadside during the dark
"You have serious family issue" Remi said and picked up Emeka's body and bent down towards him, he placed his hands on Emeka's chest and they glowed, allowing life to flow through Emeka, then he picked him up and brought him to his place.
----
----
Emeka slowly opened his eyes and saw Remi who placed his hands on his chest, his eyes glowing white.
Emeka moved his body and immediately shot his eyes, before Remi could see him.
"You are awake " Remi said and smiled at him.
Emeka tried to keep his calm and groaned a little. Then looked at Remi.
"I thought I wouldn't make it " Emeka said and with Remi's help he sat down.
"Tell me about your family, they had to retrieve your body from the hospital and dump you by the road side" Remi said and began preparing tea for Emeka.
"Yea, they want me dead by all means, my father's properties, they want it all" Emeka said and collected the tea cup from Remi.
"How about I teach you how to put an end to them" Remi said and flashed his eyes thrice.
-----
-----
Tbc

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Hamid7(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen
Temmmitope
Mielekcezylil
adetkid
skubido
donielord
Ann2012
Skubido
Daddio
Hamid7

E aff land o
Another one!!!
Grabs a seat in the front row
Continue
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2019
Remi helped Emeka walk to main hall and made his seat in meditation post, he was about switching off the television when the headline the popped up caught his attention.
"Emeka, see this"
A man appeared on the screen, constantly wiping tears from his eyes and beside him was the step mother.
"Bastard" Emeka said clinching his fist, "they have now succeeded in what they want"
Remi switched the television off, and sat down facing Emeka.
"Close your eyes, think about nothing, make your mind void, it's the best place to kill depression " Remi said, after about three hours, he opened his eyes, seeing Emeka was already in cosmic, he gently tapped him by the shoulder.
---
---
Oluchi alighted her car, feeling at the top of the world, she entered into the living room, and headed for the refrigerator, she then grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured herself a full glass, and gulped it down.
"Ahh, money is good" She said admiring herself.
"Olu baby" a masculine voice called out and laid his hands on her waist from behind
"Uche, I know you need money again, I transferred three hundred thousand to your account yesterday" She said and turned to face him.
"I know, but I need quality time with my love " Uche said, and lifted Oluchi in his hands and gently laid her on the leather chair and began to get intimate with her.
----
----
"I like your choice if weapon, the sword, is a weapon that flows with the mind" Remi said and attacked Emeka, who dodged it and raised one leg in mid air, with his both hands holding firm to the sword
"Another thing you should know, is, you shouldn't channel revenge with this weapon, it sucks your mind dry" Remi said and threw a punch at Emeka, who dodged it allowing Remi's hand to pass in front of his face.
"What are you, like where are you from? " Emeka asked following the moves Remi did.
"Ayenireti " Remi replied and still focused on the moves.
"What state? "
"Trust me, it's not on the map, it's a lost city, even I myself still struggle to find it"
---
Emeka laid seven different pictures on the table before Remi.
"I want this one dead first " Emeka said and pointed to his uncle's picture.
"This is your fight and I have nothing to do, only if you need my help dearly" Remi said and slid a red hooded cloth to Emeka and a meta mask that could cover only the nose to the jaw.
"They believe you are dead, and you must remain dead, till fear is Casted on them. " Remi said
----
-----
Pa chucks dusted his slippers on the foot mat, pulling it off, he joyfully entered his living room, which housed, only a cushion three seater, which was really old fashioned, the box television, positioned on the ground, and a mini center table was all he had in the living room. He began singing in local dialect and pulled out three bundled naira notes from his pocket, he kissed it joyfully and then he noticed someone was standing at the entrance led to his room.
"Who are you? " he asked confidently.
The figure revealed itself, with red hood clothing, two swords hanging from it back, and a nose mask which his face totally dark and the eyes glowing white.
"Let me help you remember, my soul has come to haunt you and everyone that killed me"
Immediately it dawned on Pa Chucks what he was into, he trembled and knelt on the ground.
"Please spare me, I beg you, I will do anything to appease your spirit"
"Tell me, why you killed me? "
"Money all I needed was money and I told Emeagwali not to do anything to you, but he insisted" Pa Chucks slowly opened his eyes and saw the person was no more.
"Ewoooooooo" he screamed and took to his heels, bolting out as fast as his legs could carry him
Tbc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day He Died by mhizv(f): 8:34pm On May 23, 2019
smiley

Nice
Re: The Day He Died by moseph(f): 9:45pm On May 23, 2019
Nice one devilpen
Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2019
Now I am ready to read.

Meat is free, but go and get your own palmwine.

grin

Re: The Day He Died by Blackween(f): 9:07am On May 24, 2019
kwantinue ;Dkwantinue
Re: The Day He Died by Timantech(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2019
Indeed the devil writes with black pen
Nice work
Perfect intro
Maintain the vibe and hype as from it beginning
Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 5:37pm On May 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2019
--
Pa Chucks managed to catch his breath after what seemed like ten minutes, he got to The family head.
He wiped the sweat that trickled around his face.
" See, Emeagwali, let's call a spade a spade, what I saw today, is coming for all of you" Pa chucks said and accepted the glass of water Emeagwali had offered before hand.
"If you truly saw his spirit there is only one thing we can do"
"See let's do it fast "
"We have to make sacrifice, to appease his spirit, we will go to, one babalawo tomorrow" Emeagwali said smiling like the family head he was.
"Are you sure it will work out?"
"See ehn, we have to apply wisdom"
----
----
Emeka fell hard on his back on the teakwando mat floor, and was laughing hard, alongside Remi, who also held his stomach right, trying to subdue the laughter.
"You have to see his face, when he saw me, am sure his soul was far from him" Emeka said.
"Ahhhhhhhh, Ahh, good gods" Remi said and managed to get on his feet.
"Who is next? " Remi asked and sat down on the floor
"Oluchi, She is the sudden wife" Emeka said and his mood changed almost immediately.
"Don't forget to always record your encounter on phone with them" Remi said reminding Emeka how effective their plan must be.
"Yes, yes, I recorded, it all, thanks for the food" Emeka said and hit Emi slightly on the shoulder.
"Yeah,"
"So, I don't know much about you" Emeka said and folded his legs together.
"You can't comprehend, even the history books, don't have the real details" Remi said and smiled at Emeka.
"Brief me little"
"I am a god, even at that, I am long way from home, after the great war, opening my eyes, I saw things were different, and the history talks about the lost city of ayenireti " Remi said then paused, looking at nowhere in particular and continued "I am lost, I am finding my way home, and I may never" Remi said and didn't realized tears drooled from his eyes.
"Am sorry, am sorry I had to bring this up" Emeka said calmly,
"No, it's no big deal, at least an still useful" Remi said and stood up "Let's practice a little" He said and three Emeka's swords to him
Tbc

1 Like

Re: The Day He Died by tunjilee003: 8:55pm On May 24, 2019
O.p The remi here is he The one from emi lineage of gods.. I need to clear my doubt
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2019
tunjilee003:
O.p The remi here is he The one from emi lineage of gods.. I need to clear my doubt
definitely, he his the one

1 Like

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 9:15pm On May 24, 2019
------
Oluchi gently sneaked towards Uche who was fully concentrated on the movie he was watching, suddenly his eyes was covered from behind.
"Oluchi" He called out and pulled her hands down, and pulled her over the chair to his laps, and kissed her deeply before breaking it
"Who else could it be" He said and kissed her again, slowly he worked his hands on her blouse, an attempt to pull it off, which he successfully did in less that thirty seconds, he planted another kiss on her lips, making her moan softly.
"See ehn, am not ready for any child o, even that my aunties daughter when she was becoming a burden, I sharperly return her ni o" Oluchi said and moved herself away from Uche's laps.
"I understand you, let me go and get it from the bedroom" Uche said and dashed upstairs
The light in the building suddenly went off, which made Oluchi lamented.
"Nepa again" She said and put on the torch on her phone.
Before putting on the torch, she felt a hand, gently pulled her hairs, she looked towards the direction, and quickly attempted to put on the torch, CLAANK her phone suddenly fell from her hand, she bent to pick it, and felt something wriggle on her body.
"See Uche, you know it dark, stop trying to scare me" She said and her phone moved a bit forward on the tiles floor.
She paused in fright and slowly moved her hand, swiftly she grabbed it and put on the torch.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Oluchi screamed at the figure that suddenly stood before her. Red hood, With white glowing eyes, and a dark face, with two swords hanging from its back, she screamed more and opened her eyes only to see, the figure had disappeared, then the lights came on.
Uche bolted down the stairs with, three condoms in his hands, he threw it on the table and knelt before Oluchi.
"Wetyn happen? " Uche asked pulling Oluchi out of her temporary shock.
"Ghost.. Ghost ooo" She said frightened and screamed again seeing the figure standing at the entrance of the living room.
"Uche looked behind and also saw the figure" at first his heart skipped, but he had to prove he was a man, prove his worth before Oluchi.
He stood up and dashed towards the figure in an attempt to punch in on the face and then the lights went off again, after about ten seconds it came on.
Oluchi screamed this time more loudly, seeing Uche in his own pool of blood, as blood free flowed out of his mouth.
----
----
Tbc

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Hardes(m): 9:20pm On May 24, 2019
following-><-
Re: The Day He Died by donielord(m): 9:33pm On May 24, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen Temmmitope Mielekcezylil adetkid skubido donielord Ann2012 Skubido Daddio Hamid7 Germaphobe E aff land o

Thanks man

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Hamid7(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2019
This looks like sequel to "Lineage of gods"
Re: The Day He Died by Timantech(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2019
Guy I dey bar dey drink for ur head as the story dey enter body...
Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 12:05am On May 25, 2019
Pa Chucks rolled his eyes, as he sat in the living room, with the other elders of the family, Emeagwali had called the meeting to find a lasting solution to the issue on ground, it was becoming out of hand, if it continues this way, the whole world will know what they had done.
"Oluchi, are you certain it was a ghost" Emeagwali asked.
Oluchi got irritated by the questions and spoke angrily.
"See baba, am not a child, the ghost is blood cloth and a dark face " Oluchi shouted and continued "you saw for yourself Uche's dead body, how it was slashed roughly" She said and began sobbing.
"Pa chucks, won't you say something? " Emeagwali asked raising his hand in the air.
"What should I say, ehn, I told you, the stupid sacrifice we carried was a waste" Pa Chucks shouted annoyingly.
Emeagwali shook his head, he was the only one who hasn't encountered this ghost, and I was hard to deny, from the fact Oluchi and pa chucks had provided.
"See ehn, if our secret is lossed" Oluchi said patting her palms apart "me am scared oo, maybe I will just go and confess jeje "
"You are mad, sickness dey your brain, you that is spending over three millions in one week, do you even know your position in your family, do you know nobody knows your father , abi you will go back and be selling your zobo and kunu " Pa chicks said angrily.
"Haaa, it's because is I respect you o"
"I have an idea
-----
-----
Emeka pulled off his mask and offed his hood cloth, and he neatly replaced the sword back to its space on the shelf. He looked and searched around for Remi, but couldn't locate him.
To kill time he decided to practice.
"You are ,back,, " Remi said and used his hand to block the incoming attack.
"did you kill someone? "Remi asked.
"Yes, he attacked first, how come you killed a whole city of ayenireti, more than 300,.000 souls"
Remi stood still at this question and flared up, his eyes boiled like red coal, and almost immediately Emeka found himself flying in mid air, before he collided with the wall, and Remi walked out of the building, Emeka knew he had asked the wrong question, but he had to be sure Remi wasn't some kind of imposter.
Tbc

2 Likes

Re: The Day He Died by Devilpen(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2019
Re: The Day He Died by Hardes(m): 12:10am On May 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by daddio(m): 12:41am On May 25, 2019
Thanks brother, may your pen's ink never runs out.
Re: The Day He Died by Ann2012(f): 7:40am On May 25, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Day He Died by Mielekcezylil(m): 1:24pm On May 25, 2019
Nice work devilpen. abeg @daddio no finish the meat oh, i dey come with palm wine
Re: The Day He Died by germaphobe(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2019
Devilpen:

LightQueen Temmmitope Mielekcezylil adetkid skubido donielord Ann2012 Skubido Daddio Hamid7 Germaphobe E aff land o
I dey with you baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Hate You Patrick / The Chronicles Of Corper Henry / Along Came A Stranger .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.