Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo (936 Views)

'Port Harcourt Is Not Safe': Man Who Saved A Girl From Rape Attacked (Graphic) / Police Save Suspected Thief From Jungle Justice In Akwa Ibom (Pics) / Ritualist Caught, Beaten And Burnt In Ijebu Ode (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by moriton(m): 12:20pm On May 23, 2019
I was returning from CDS today when I saw a man about to be burnt with the infamous tire about to be put round his neck. This was along Abak Road, in Uyo.

I got close. My head said don't save him, he'll probably rob u one day, my heart said be humane young man. Well I did the unthinkable and talked the mob outta carrying on the dastardly act. No, I didn't do it alone. Will I regret this, I leave that to Providence!.

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by moriton(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2019

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by ValCon888: 12:27pm On May 23, 2019
Bro. You did a good thing. Remain blessed.
Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by youngsahito(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2019
moriton:
I was returning from CDS today when I saw a man about to be burnt with the infamous tire about to be put round his neck. This was along Abak Road, in Uyo.

I got close. My head said don't save him, he'll probably rob u one day, my heart said be humane young man. Well I did the unthinkable and talked the mob outta carrying on the dastardly act. No, I didn't do it alone. Will I regret this, I leave that to Providence!.
we shall know soon
Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by moriton(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2019

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by moriton(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2019

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by Aladdin1(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2019
you did well.you just sent a positive vibe to the universe.you probably have saved an innocent soul from been lynched.by the way what was the thief accused of stealing?
Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by TheFacelessMan: 12:47pm On May 23, 2019
grin

angry

I have both saved a lady from jungle justice and also participated in one

See the links below for 2 true life stories

1. As saviour

TheFacelessMan:
angry

I remember facing a baying mob in 1992 close to Kalakuta Shrine..

A young lady had stolen baby formula because she was a school drop-out and had no one to rely on cry

A crowd of 5 unemployed youth were tearing her clothes when i ran to the scene

I jumped in front of her and used my shoulder to block a plank that was destined to flatten her head.

I quickly pulled off my shirt and trousers to cover her nudity when i recalled

my boxers were torn....they weren't my Xmas ones cry cry cry

The boys shouted on me to get out of the way so they would lynch her. I of course refused.

The touts started splashing petrol on us both....i was in my boxers and shivering that cold August morning.

I knew i had to take action or both me and the young lady would arrive Heaven /Hell in the next few seconds shocked shocked shocked

Blood was rushing to my head, my body taut with the adrenaline surge.... i moved forward and headbutted the leader on the bridge of his nose

I pulled the nearest thug to me like i wanted to whisper to him and i grabbed a fistful of his balls and squeezed with all my strength.

The 3rd thug had a wolfish smile on his face, he struck the match and advanced ever so close.... embarassed embarassed embarassed

To be continued.... cry

[b]Culled from "The Memoirs of The Faceless Man" cool

2. As perpetrator -

TheFacelessMan:
RIP to this guy. But let me share this.

I remember participating in jungle justice once at Computer Village.

This guy had been accused of stealing an Iphone.

When we searched him, he had a Samsung S9, brand new, with his family pictures. No iPhone!

Yet the crowd insisted on lynching him....

I was relishing keeping his phone. Someone had brought petrol and the bonfire was set grin

6 guys had surrounded this slender looking guy.

As they advanced towards him, i saw some pictures and shouted : "WAIT!!!!!!!" shocked shocked shocked

Before the words died in my throat,

Attackers 1 and 2 were floating in the air in slow motion shocked shocked shocked

The would-be lynchee was punching - hard and fast.

Attacker number 3 was flat on his back 0.5 second later.

Numbers 4,5 & 6 started a 100m sprint AWAY from the guy.

His shirt was still snow white when he walked over to me.

"I was keeeeeeeee, keeeeee, keepingggggggg it for you, Sir", I stammered at this boy, at least 8 years younger than me undecided

He stared at me coldly and snatched his phone from my hand.

This was the picture i saw on his phone..... undecided cry undecided

3 Likes

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 23, 2019
grin

Hero of our time
Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by Ojiofor: 1:19pm On May 23, 2019
Every good deed shall be rewarded.You did well.

1 Like

Re: Saved A Thief From Being Burnt In Uyo by chizzypresh(f): 1:57pm On May 23, 2019
Nice one wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It's Destiny, I Did It For Money — Almajiri Teacher Who Slept With 6 Pupils / Just In: Soldiers Arrest ‘phyno’ For Kidnapping / Notorious Edo Cultist Finally Caught And Confesses In Benin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.