Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality (35193 Views)

The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo / Lawyer Petitions NFVCB Over "Fantastically Corrupt" Line In Chief Daddy Movie / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by fergie001: 4:34pm On May 23, 2019
The National Film and Video Censors Board has set up three panels to analyse and classify a film titled, ‘Bob Risky in Love’ starring Idris Okunneye aka Bob Risky.

The movie was produced by Nollywood Namaste Production company while Ken Steve Anuka was the director.

In the movie, Bob Risky portrays a transgender woman named Cherechi who travelled out of the country as a man only to return to the village as a woman to the chagrin of his fiancee and relatives.

In the soundtrack of the movie, members of the public are encouraged to accept Cherechi aka Cherry B as a transgender.

However, a top official of the NFVCB told The PUNCH that three separate panels have been set up at the zonal levels to classify the Bob Risky movie.

He, however, said it must be noted that Nigeria has laws that prohibit homosexuality and therefore work of arts that promote it cannot be endorsed by the government.

The official said, “We have set up three different panels to view the movie which was given to us by the producers for classification and review.

“For the purpose of fairness and objectivity, we will not give specific details since evaluation is still ongoing but note that any movie that promotes homosexuality in contravention of our laws cannot be endorsed.

“Latest by next week we will deliver a verdict on the movie. If the movie is banned, it would be communicated to the producers and our enforcement team would mop up all copies of the film on the market and defaulters would be apprehended and fined appropriately.”

The movie, which was released a few weeks ago already has over 500,000 views on YouTube and has garnered thousands of comments.

The official told our correspondent that the board was already aware of the fact that the video was online.

He said there was a need for the enabling laws to be reviewed such that online viewing would also be subject to censorship.

He said, “When classifying movies, we consider its cultural value, we check whether it is divisive given the fault lines of Nigeria as regards religion and tribe.

“We check its message, whether it promotes things that we find repugnant in our nation; we check the level of violence portrayed in the movie as well as sexual content and other things.

“Usually, it takes a minimum of one week and a maximum of two weeks for a movie submitted to us to be classified. But the online phenomenon is changing things and there is a need for us to adapt to new realities.”

The NFVCB is the regulatory body set up by Act No.85 of 1993 to regulate films and video industry in Nigeria.

The board is empowered by law to classify all films and videos whether imported or produced locally.

It is also the duty of the board to register all films and video outlets across the country and to keep a register of such registered outlets among other functions.

https://punchng.com/homosexuality-fg-board-sets-up-panels-may-ban-bob-risky-movie

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by fergie001: 4:45pm On May 23, 2019
I support the FG move but those 500k people that viewed, I hope they are non-Nigerians based on our very high moral grounds?

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Chamber2000: 5:04pm On May 23, 2019
A movie that's already on YouTube will have a committee set up to decide if it will be banned. By the time the commitee finishes it's investigation then everyone in Nigeria might have heard or watch the Film.

Why didn't they ban the production of the movie when bobrisky was announcing it and now we are being fed with stupid stories from the government.

It seems Nigerians might soon accept gay culture with the law regulations from our authority

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by fergie001: 5:15pm On May 23, 2019
Chamber2000:
A movie that's already on YouTube will have a committee set up to decide if it will be banned. By the time the commitee finishes it's investigation then everyone in Nigeria might have heard or watch the Film.

Why didn't they ban the production of the movie when bobrisky was announcing it and now we are being fed with stupid stories from the government.

It seems Nigerians might soon accept gay culture with the law regulations from our authority
Am leaving.....

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by iTearHerToto: 6:29pm On May 23, 2019
Gays like bobrisky should start paying taxes for inconveniencing Hoes in Zoogeria.

Babe be snatching other ladies hobbies and boyfriends with her diick licking prowess

Unfortunately her buttthole is slacken. Not forgetting her pusssy

Pukesangry

3 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Richdad50(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2019
shocked
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by amoduganja: 6:31pm On May 23, 2019
I like this person..
whenever I see the photo, I grabs my vaseline.
And as a 40 second man, my bell will start ringing immediately just like that of our church which is on a hill.

What am I even saying..

3 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Bacteriologist(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2019
Only third world country citizens overwhelmed by irredemable ignorance alongside abject poverty and brain damaging religion believe LGBT people -who do not hurt anybody- do not deserve to have rights as the rest of the population while the politicians and pastors, imams and diviners who feed fat on their commonwealth, actually robbing them of having a good and standard life in the process, deserve to walk freely.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by twerkjack: 6:31pm On May 23, 2019
Kuku make minding your business illegal let’s know Nigeria is finally mad undecided

Misplaced priorities

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 23, 2019
Good move!

I use to think that how can a woman whom God created beautiful and all, would lay with another woman; when we have dickiful, tall, intelligent, rich, kind, lovable hunks around. That is utter wickedness!

And to gays, of all the beautiful, ukwuful, breastful, succulent, intelligent women we have everywhere, it is a fellow man you lay with

aru mee.

*Spits*

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by dreamwords: 6:32pm On May 23, 2019
Bob is not a gay but cross dresser

7 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by kolafolabi(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2019
Chamber2000:

So you have never seen a movie being pulled down on YouTube

4 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Chamber2000: 6:33pm On May 23, 2019
dreamwords:
Bob is not a gay but cross dresser
continue to be deceived

4 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Peterpanny: 6:33pm On May 23, 2019
Nonsense and Tonto dike rusty pussssssyyyyy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by BlackfireX: 6:33pm On May 23, 2019
Yoruba people breaking grounds of atrocities both home and abroad.

Shiooooor

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by emeijeh(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2019
Tonto +Bob

Nyoooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by HitSong: 6:34pm On May 23, 2019
GOOD

NO SUCH FUCKERY WILL BE ALLOWED IN MY COUNTRY.
HE CAN GOAN DO THAT RUBBISH IN BIAFUROO

WE HATE GAYS HERE.

2 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by lomprico(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2019
In as much as I don't give a hoot about bobisky, this is Nigeria's most pressing problem abi, FG? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by sanpipita(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2019
Banning bobrisky will make him more popular, west will pick interest and cast him in their movies which Nigerians will still rush to cinemas and watch.

7 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by TrashDetective: 6:35pm On May 23, 2019
What do you say about a country that has banned homosexuality and has a jail term for offenders but watches as bobrisky goes about promoting same as if he is above the law?

Look, I am not saying he/she (I am even confused if it is a he or a she) is homosexual but the way that weird being goes about acting like he/she cannot be jailed still baffes me.

We have laws in this country but it is sad that these laws are not implemented.

Last bullet:

Bobrisky is not morally fit to be a celebrity in a sane country...he/she is such a bad influence. A Naira Marley treatment is a good way to go.

11 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by silverbirdng(f): 6:35pm On May 23, 2019
I'm leaving here
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by berrysnack(m): 6:35pm On May 23, 2019
Good news
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Peterpanny: 6:35pm On May 23, 2019
TrashDetective:
D
d for bobrisky dry dicckk
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by don4real18(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2019
Hmm
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by zolajpower: 6:37pm On May 23, 2019
Bad timing , I myself I'm one of the 500k that saw d movie on YouTube .
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Lennylinconlee(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2019
The fact that the film already on youtube make the committee useless, on the other hand, they should see how they can regulate even before production...script and stories should be review before going for shooting or callin cast and going to location so that no money wll be lost. it wll be so heartbreaking and lost of capital if after huge effort to get a film produce and ended up bannned.
Our Government should be Guided.

2 Likes

Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by Umartins1(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2019
lol. I laugh in the voice of the village elders

Thank you NLers for subscribing to my Youtube channel. I am now on 940+. Please, I need less than 60 subscribers to get approved by Youtube as I have fulfilled other conditions. Please, help me subscribe to my Youtube Channel with the link below. I am the one posting most of the video lyrics you see on the front page.
www.youtube.com/snitrammedia
Re: NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality by YenYo: 6:37pm On May 23, 2019
undecided
Why is it that our government officials are always reactive and not proactive?

The laws are there.We don't condone Homosexuality and you are still setting up committee... committee to do what?

Penalize and get the confused bobrisky into any prison cell where men will drill his ass till it get to his abdomen .

Enforce the lawwwwwww dimwits! wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija evel 2 Pool Party: Daniella & Khalid Kissed; Groovy & Beauty Kissed / Photos Of Teddy-A's Son Wearing His Campaign T-shirt Shared By Layla Amani / Beverly Osu & Melvin Oduah BBA Representatives From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.