Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn (10308 Views)

Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. / Seun,is Afam Still A Moderator? / Afam Onyema, Building A World-class Hospital In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 6:48am On Sep 27, 2010
"A pe*nis has a sad life. His hair is a mess, his family
is nuts, his neighbour is an aszzhole, his best friend
is a **** and his owner beats him! *smile*"

Kinda describes the Ibos on here. . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Mobinga: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2010
Where did he get the money?
Why did he invite a politician to commission it?

This to me seems like a politician-sponsored project.

Bite Me
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by enomakos(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
happy to hear this
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Abrantie: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2010
Ah, is anything about Nigeria not big? Now you've got the "Giant Hospital of Brooklyn" cheesy, located in "The Big Apple" (a.k.a New York)  cheesy, built by a doctor from "The Giant of Africa"  cheesy,  hehehe
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by campella(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
What an achievement?

Can you please do same in this country of ours?

I wouldn't blame you if you don't, what with the spate of kidnapping especially in the eastern states where you come from.

Thump up for you my dear.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by labiyemmy(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
At least he is not on Nairaland bullying Nigeria and her people.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So you don't care if he is into 419?. Building and running a hospital in America is a multi million dollar empire especially in NY. Where did he get such funds?

He got the funds from the same place other people that build such hospitals get their funds from. Would you have asked the same question if he was white or non-Nigerian? What makes you think that he doesn't have access to millions of dollars, legally? How much of the money do you think he needs to come up with upfront?

I don’t know him or know of him but based on his credentials, it is more likely than not that his “money” is traceable to a legal source.

The last thing any “crook” would want to do is to try to launder dirty money in the US; they might get away with buying a house but building a multi-million dollar business?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by VALIDATOR: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2010
It is either poor journalism or much ado about nuffin. Many Nigerian dignitaries flew to yankie to go and commission the BIGGEST hospital and the name of the hospital was not mentioned throughout the report?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by LAX89(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
The Reporter is a motorpark journalist. The so called "Biggest Hospital" is called 'AFAM Medical Center'. And the building is NOT
owned by the Nigerian Doctor, he's just renting the first floor for his medical practice. It's located @ 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, phone
number = (718) 688-8000. There're numerous other tenants including Nigerians and other doctors renting other parts of the building, but "Afam Medical Center" certainly has the biggest signpost. Having said all this, for clarity, let me also state; Dr. Obiakor is very well educated, has an impressive resume and is doing Nigeria proud. I'm proud of him and proud to call him my country man.[/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Echidime(m): 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
Only a blind man won't  know that a politician sponsored that project to get away from EFCC that is why is a politician from Home that do the Commisioning, so he do not have american black to do it for him if not criminal from home? we are not kids and can no longer be decieved, EFCC should go after him to confess.

When did he come to america? what is his salary?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by GBT(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2010
Atleast he had nevr hold political appointments,this will teach them (political office holders) to help keep our HARD EARNED FUNDS at home to help sustain our fragile economy.

Spot on!
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by ceej(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2010
This is a hospital that is supposed to be built on Nigerian soil. But who will you blame,when there is no enabling environment here.
Ndigbo Mma Mma nu! More powers to us. the Jews of Africa!
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2010
Echidime:

Only a blind man won't  know that a politician sponsored that project to get away from EFCC that is why is a politician from Home that do the Commisioning, so he do not have american black to do it for him if not criminal from home? we are not kids and can no longer be decieved, EFCC should go after him to confess.

When did he come to america? what is his salary?

What are you trying to say about "american black to do it for him if not criminal from home??”

Not that it really makes a difference; the guy started his BSc in the States in 1977 and continued on with his doctoral degree. NOT everybody that is successful in the US is a “crook”! Generally speaking, why is it so hard for Nigerians to be happy for their fellow citizen’s success?

Do understand that I’m by no means defending this guy, as I do not know him or know of him, but don’t be quick to think the worst of him especially when he has a traceable source of income.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2010
LAX89:

The Reporter is a motorpark journalist. The so called "Biggest Hospital" is called 'AFAM Medical Center'. And the building is NOT
owned by the Nigerian Doctor, he's just renting the first floor for his medical practice. It's located @ 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, phone
number = (718) 688-8000. There're numerous other tenants including Nigerians and other doctors renting other parts of the building, but "Afam Medical Center" certainly has the biggest signpost. Having said all this, for clarity, let me also state; Dr. Obiakor is very well educated, has an impressive resume and is doing Nigeria proud. I'm proud of him and proud to call him my country man.[/

+1

It is just a neighborhood clinic with specialties but that doesn’t take away from the fact that it is still a laudable achievement since he will be providing employment for other doctors and obgyns.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by MaziUche0(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2010
ceej:

This is a hospital that is supposed to be built on Nigerian soil. But who will you blame,when there is no enabling environment here.
Ndigbo Mma Mma nu! More powers to us. the Jews of Africa!

The Jews of Africa indeed. undecided
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by denony(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
Great to hear
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Ibomade1: 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
Such a refreshing news. Kudos to you
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by adaphik(f): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2010
impressive
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by hackney(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
What did they knock down to build that ? (in brooklyn )

Weird news.
We need to look out for any past eastern governor that's a doctor; that's where the dosh came from.
chikena.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
First of all, this, like so many other claims out there are not true. Doing a google check on this will reveal no similar report from any other source other than the Nigerian source the @Poster has up there.

@Poster, can you please provide OTHER links to stories of the same corroborating this claim? We have heard of Nigerians inventing that which has already been invented, and Nigerians buying Gatwick, only to realize that the Nigerian in question is simply an employee of the investment company that purchased Gatwick. Please, we need to stop looking for silly hoorays, and start ensuring that stories we hear and read of from our newspapers are actually linked to facts. Learn to ask for details and maybe find folks to help you corroborate these claims. I can tell you that no new BIGGEST HOSPITALS has surfaced in Brooklyn, of all places, in the last say 10 years.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by JUO(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
great work
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

, We have heard of Nigerians inventing that which has already been invented, and Nigerians buying Gatwick, only to realize that the Nigerian in question is simply an employee of the investment company that purchased Gatwick. ,

Can you substantiate your claim of him being just an employee? Also, while doing that, can you also tell what it means to “own” a company? How about “owning” a public company? Does “ownership” change if you bought a company with other people’s money (VC)? How about starting a company to control other people’s money; what kind of ownership is that?

Adebayo Ogunlesi is the Chairman of Global Infrastructure Partners, the company that bought Gatwick.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by tpiah: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
i'm still not sure why its news that another hospital has been added to the myriads of hospitals in america?

not sure what i'm missing hence my question about the clinical rotation.

i'm not knocking the man's achievements but the reporting leaves a lot to be desired, imo.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AloyEmeka5: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah:

i'm still not sure why its news that another hospital has been added to the myriads of hospitals in america?

i'm not knocking the man's achievements but the reporting leaves a lot to be desired, imo.

Its news because there are not many hospitals in America owned by a single person. Most of them are owned by giant cooperations and the few that has single proprietors have been acquired by investors due the cost of running healthcare in America. That is why I still ask where he got the funds.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah:

Sensationalism or lack of anything else to report.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by tpiah: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Its news because there are not many hospitals in America owned by a single person.

says who?

in any case, the reporting is off.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Its news because there are not many hospitals in America owned by a single person. Most of them are owned by giant cooperations and the few that has single proprietors have been acquired by investors due the cost of running healthcare in America. That is why I still ask where he got the funds.

Somewhat true. Most clinics are partnerships which are collectively owned by the partners (doctors). I doubt a non-doctor could own a share of a medical partnership, which is true for attorney partnerships. I couldn't find the name of the actual owners and just like I guessed, it is a community clinic. Here's the filed info with the State of NY.

Current Entity Name: AFAM COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECT INC.
Initial DOS Filing Date: MAY 08, 2007
County: KINGS
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE 

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
AFAM COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECT INC.
5205 CHURCH AVENUE
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11203 
Registered Agent
NONE
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
tpiah:

says who?

in any case, the reporting is off.

AloyEmeka is correct. Most clinics in the US are co-orporation-owned.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by shfizle(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
Sorry i'm off point but
Ibo= jews of Africa?   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed laughed so much i started crying. Not even sure the real jews will be proud of such kinship. Ew, almost burst my kidney laughing
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Wallie(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Selected Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATE P.C.
Selected Entity Status Information
Current Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATE P.C.
Initial DOS Filing Date: SEPTEMBER 29, 2008
Entity Type: DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION

Selected Entity Address Information
DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATE P.C.
5205 CHURCH AVE
Registered Agent

Selected Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
Current Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 07, 2003
County:
Entity Type: DOMESTIC REGISTERED LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
C/O DR. JOSIF UVAYDOV
52-05 CHURCH AVENUE
Principal Executive Office
AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
52-05 CHURCH AVENUE

Selected Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
Current Entity Name: AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 07, 2003
County:
Entity Type: DOMESTIC REGISTERED LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP

C/O DR. JOSIF UVAYDOV
52-05 CHURCH AVENUE
Principal Executive Office
AFAM DENTAL ASSOCIATES, LLP
52-05 CHURCH AVENUE

Selected Entity Name: AFAM PHARMACY ASSOCIATES, LLC
Current Entity Name: AFAM PHARMACY ASSOCIATES, LLC
Initial DOS Filing Date: AUGUST 12, 2005
Entity Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

AFAM PHARMACY ASSOCIATES, LLC
5205 CHURCH AVENUE
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11212
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
shfizle:

Sorry i'm off point but
Ibo= jews of Africa?   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed laughed so much i started crying. Not even sure the real jews will be proud of such kinship. Ew, almost burst my kidney laughing

More like the FAKE Jews of Africa. Jew ko, jew man ni grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State / Shettima Pays Homage To Emir Sanusi In Maiduguri. Photos / Ambassador's List: Buhari Tells APC Governors To Put Complaints In Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.