Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus (949 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2019
Why Indian Christians Can't Mention 'Hell' 'Heaven' or 'Jesus'
05-20-2017
Talia Wise

Indian Christians are seeing an alarming spike in violence since Hindu nationalist gained power three years ago and a Christian aid group says the persecution is only going to get worse.

Hindu nationalists are pressuring believers to abandon their faith and if believers don't convert, they face persecution.

"In states across India, militants have threatened and killed church workers," Paul Robinson, the chief executive of Release International, said. "Extremists have tried to force Christians to renounce their faith and convert to Hinduism. And they have bombed, torched, vandalized and demolished churches."

International Christian Concern (ICC) reported earlier this week, Christians in the village of Chhattisgarh were pressured to reconvert back to Hinduism.

15 Christian families reconverted but some refused.

"What crime have I committed that I should pay the fine? I have not stolen anything. I have not defiled any woman. I have not quarrelled. I have not killed anybody. If you think going to church and worshiping Jesus is the crime, I will commit this crime every day," 55-year-old Kanesh Singh told village elders.

Shivaram Tekam told ICC Christians were forced to give livestock, money, and other gifts to the village deity during the reconversion ceremony.

"They can stop me from going to church but they cannot take Jesus from my heart. I will find ways and secretly come to church," Tekam told a local pastor.

Strict conversion laws have been implemented in five states making it nearly impossible to evangelize or share the gospel.

Andrew Boyd of Released International told Premier Christian the government aims to make it a nation-wide law as the right-wing Hindus expect that all Indians should follow Hinduism.

"It's based on the idea that conversion by force should be made illegal. I think everyone would agree that conversion by force would be useless," Boyd explained.

"But actually if you preach about Heaven then it's considered to be bribery, if you speak about Hell then it's considered to be a threat. If you offer any kind of Christian charity then it's regarded also as bribery," he added.

Members of the Dalit community are among the most persecuted. They are known as the "untouchables" and are considered the lowest caste, but they are converting to Christianity and it is angering nationalists.

"These people are converting to Christianity and quite large numbers of them are converting because they're finding acceptance and dignity and worth and that is provoking quite a backlash," he said.

Reports from Christian aid groups note the intense persecution against believers.

Open Doors' World Watch List list India as the No.17 country where Christians are targeted for their faith.

They claim that radical Hinduism has "increased steadily" under Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2017/may/why-indian-christians-cant-mention-hell-heaven-or-jesus

1 Share

Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by mysteryman2014: 11:34pm On May 23, 2019
.The fundamental human right is right to choose one's faith. Superior argument and not force wins souls genuinely.
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by anthonyuncle(m): 11:59pm On May 23, 2019
even in this 21st century
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On May 24, 2019
mysteryman2014:

The fundamental human right is right to choose one's faith. Superior argument and not force wins souls genuinely.

You wouldn't hear those human rights advocates fighting this cause because it is not politically correct. cool
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by tartar9(m): 12:29am On May 25, 2019
mysteryman2014:
.The fundamental human right is right to choose one's faith. Superior argument and not force wins souls genuinely.
Propaganda is what's really winning souls and than "superior" argument sad
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by CodeTemplar: 3:42am On May 25, 2019
But why always Christians? Even atheist face Christians like they are the only ones on earth. Christianity is a belief system and is the reality. Nobody gets threatened by an empty belief system.
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:

But why always Christians? Even atheist face Christians like they are the only ones on earth. Christianity is a belief system and is the reality. Nobody gets threatened by an empty belief system.

Right on point. The devil is only threatened by Jesus and His followers, he cannot stand that name. Atheists and followers of other religions are already in his pocket.
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2019
tartar9:

Can you tell us why Muslims are indifferent when their children or members become atheists but incandescent with anger when they become Christians? undecided
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by 0temSapien: 12:24pm On May 25, 2019
The secret of the universe is: "What Goes Around Comes Around." In the 3rd to 5th Centuries, Christians were the ones killing the Hindus and pagans, now they are being paid back in their own coins and you are lamenting. Well, I wish all religions would get sense someday to stop all these killings here and there.

Common Era 4: 92

92. Then in the second century of the common era, Christianity had become a religion of threat to those who did not practise it. For by it were many people attacked and killed under the guise of heresy.
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by MrPRevailer(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2019
O Lord Jesus please arise and turn the tables. Let the enemies of the faith be as Paul the apostle in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by MrPRevailer(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2019
0temSapien:
The secret of the universe is: "What Goes Around Comes Around." In the 3rd to 5th Centuries, Christians were the ones killing the Hindus and pagans, now they are being paid back in their own coins and you are lamenting. Well, I wish all religions would get sense someday to stop all these killings here and there.

Common Era 4: 92

92. Then in the second century of the common era, Christianity had become a religion of threat to those who did not practise it. For by it were many people attacked and killed under the guise of heresy.

This is pure deceit born out of hatred.
Christians have no justification in the Bible to kill, beat people or display any sort of violence.
Till today, all accusations are empty words that cannot be proven in any country in our generation
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by 0temSapien: 9:25pm On May 25, 2019
MrPRevailer:

This is pure deceit born out of hatred.
Christians have no justification in the Bible to kill, beat people or display any sort of violence.
Till today, all accusations are empty words that cannot be proven in any country in our generation
Who killed my dear Hypatia?

Ans: Christians

Who killed John Lennon?

Ans: a deluded Christian

cool

Who killed many of our early scientists?

Ans: Christians

Hmm.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2019
anthonyuncle:

even in this 21st century

Is it not happening in some parts of Nigeria as we speak? undecided
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by anthonyuncle(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Is it not happening in some parts of Nigeria as we speak? undecided
it's kinda different
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2019
MrPRevailer:

O Lord Jesus please arise and turn the tables. Let the enemies of the faith be as Paul the apostle in Jesus name. Amen.

Amen!
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2020
anthonyuncle:

it's kinda different

Is it not even worse? undecided
Re: Why Indian Christians Can't Mention Hell, Heaven Or Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52am On Jul 30, 2020
tartar9:

Your model endorsed propaganda when he was President.

(1) (Reply)

Sick Lady Dies After Inviting Pastor For Prayers! Pastors Are Not Doctors / Dr. Francis Myles / Mysticism 101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.