Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

He Wants To Relocate, I Don't - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants To Relocate, I Don't (1390 Views)

Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by NinjaNina: 3:20am On May 24, 2019
My husband and I were fresh graduates when we got married, but because I had a strong business which I had been running before graduation and he was yet to find a job, by default we decided to base in my school state. Fast forward 2years later, we now have a child, my business has flourished and my husband too now has the blessing of a job where he can work from home or anywhere at all, and he earns more than me.
Now, he wants to move back to his state in order to be closer to his family and friends. The problem is that we both know that although he earns well from his job, the job has no security and he could lose it anytime. Meanwhile, my own business has such a strong base and we can always fall back on it. Should I just leave it all, relocate with him to become a full house wife which will only make me miserable?. What happens if he loses his job? Is loosing my business not too much a sacrifice to make just so he could be closer to his family?. I don't want to leave my business and I don't want to lose my husband either....please help! What should I do?
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:24am On May 24, 2019
You already know that moving is a bad move... Now just find ways to let your hubby understand that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by jampro123(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2019
Don't relocate please, you will thank me later

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by Nobody: 6:34am On May 24, 2019
NinjaNina:
My husband and I were fresh graduates when we got married, but because I had a strong business which I had been running before graduation and he was yet to find a job, by default we decided to base in my school state. Fast forward 2years later, we now have a child, my business has flourished and my husband too now has the blessing of a job where he can work from home or anywhere at all, and he earns more than me.
Now, he wants to move back to his state in order to be closer to his family and friends. The problem is that we both know that although he earns well from his job, the job has no security and he could lose it anytime. Meanwhile, my own business has such a strong base and we can always fall back on it. Should I just leave it all, relocate with him to become a full house wife which will only make me miserable?. What happens if he loses his job? Is loosing my business not too much a sacrifice to make just so he could be closer to his family?. I don't want to leave my business and I don't want to lose my husband either....please help! What should I do?

Sit your husband down and have a heart to heart chat. I don't think you should relocate as your business is established already.

As for the sex part (which I think is one of your husbands major concern why he wants you to move with him), you guys can work out something where he visits weekly or you visit weekly for the servicing wink

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by Awodipog(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2019
Speak to him naa... Press his mumu button join self.. The people he wan move close to if job go shee na them wan feed una....... My sis find a way for him to reason with you...

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by chiommy123(f): 6:47am On May 24, 2019
But he can make new friends and visit old friends and family as often as he wants.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by Deepfeel(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2019
His only reason he wants to relocate back to his state is to be closer to his family and friends? undecided Hmm that man is not wise at all, if he relocates it's going to be his down fall not all friends and family wants to see you successfully

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:09am On May 24, 2019
What's the name of your stable business. Or is it a business without name?

What's the name of your husband's job too you can be a job without a name?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by Nobody: 7:11am On May 24, 2019
LuvSwollenPussy:
What's the name of your stable business. Or is it a business without name?

What's the name of your husband's job too you can be a job without a name?

What's your business with the names? Nigerians are so doubtful and envious. Advice her based on the context of her write-up and not the name of the business or job.

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by luvyaself95(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2019
which kind of movement is that, what if that was where he was living there before or can he relocate from USA to Nigeria ni.
Aunty Ma sit your husband down talk with him tell him to reason. he move His job and your business is at sake no one from his family will feed him,you and your child if he lose his job...
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2019
ikhileomotayo:

What's your business with the names? Nigerians are so doubtful and envious. Advice her based on the context of her write-up and not the name of the business or job.
Did I tell you that I took it personal? it just doesn't make sense giving people half details and seeking complete advise. Who knows her on this forum. If you need my absolute advice, you need to give absolute details of what you need the advice about. It's the normal ethics of relating with people for advice over issues which even you don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by ebonyggurl(f): 7:23am On May 24, 2019
LuvSwollenPussy:

Did I tell you that I took it personal? it just doesn't make sense giving people half details and seeking complete advise. Who knows her on this forum. If you need my absolute advice, you need to give absolute details of what you need the advice about. It's the normal ethics of relating with people for advice over issues which even you don't know.

The details she gave are enough to understand her situation and give advice...if you've got nothing to say, simply move along

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:25am On May 24, 2019
ebonyggurl:

The details she gave are enough to understand her situation and give advice...if you've got nothing to say, simply move along
If my point is 2 large for you to understand, you should simply move along also, you don't have to make a senseless quote.
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by ebonyggurl(f): 7:30am On May 24, 2019
LuvSwollenPussy:

If my point is 2 large for you to understand, you should simply move along also, you don't have to make a senseless quote.

Lolz...maybe I didn't dumb it down enough for your level of comprehension. sorry mehn

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2019
ebonyggurl:

Lolz...maybe I didn't dumb it down enough for your level of comprehension. sorry mehn
Kindly ignore Mumu. You don't have to talk over everything..
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by ebonyggurl(f): 7:40am On May 24, 2019
LuvSwollenPussy:

Kindly ignore Mumu. You don't have to talk over everything..

Only ignorant 'people' resort to insults when they fail to find words to express their thoughts. grin
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by Easybela(f): 9:08am On May 24, 2019
undecided I pray this issue doesn't tear your home apart. Some men are too principled that when they say "yes", they mean it and can never change their mind. He is saying yes while u are saying no,tell me,how long will the agguement last . Since he insists, start selling all your stuffs gradually, save the money and when you relocate, find a good location there and start afresh. Frankly, its not gonna be easy,but then,be an obedient and submissive wife. Don't ever allow anything come before your home. Your home first!!!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by NinjaNina: 8:28pm On May 24, 2019
Thank you nairalanders for your advice. I will talk to him and make him see reason that moving isn't the best for us now. Much appreciation. Gracias cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by tabithababy(f): 8:55pm On May 24, 2019
NinjaNina:
Thank you nairalanders for your advice. I will talk to him and make him see reason that moving isn't the best for us now. Much appreciation. Gracias cheesy

Don't move o, try and convince him

Niger hard abeg
Re: He Wants To Relocate, I Don't by jashar(f): 7:58am On May 25, 2019
Madam, what kind of business are you into that can't be done in another state? I know to get a job now in Nigeria na...
I feel until he's able to secure a viable source of income in the other state, you shouldn't move.

(1) (Reply)

Is Cooking Fun Or Stressful!!! / My Step Dad Has Started With His Non Ending Troubles Again / Ideal Wedding Souvenir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.