Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,034 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Learning From the Life of HungerBad - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning From the Life of HungerBad (25011 Views)

The Life Story Of Chief Bode Amao / Favorite Quotes By Popular Nairalander Hungerbad. / Why Igbos Are Good Learners And Are Fast Learning From Southafricans (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MorufuAtanda: 7:55pm On May 24, 2019
Ashraf123:
what situation, even you that you are talking, won't u die?

You the unapologetic truth? Let me say it as it is....
The deceased is at peace now because dead men are peaceful. Dead men don't talk.

His supposed philanthropy regardless, we must say that while he was alive, he justified the killings and deaths of innocent people who wanted their own country, the hypocritical thing is that he was doing that while serving in the Armed Forces of a different country because he himself knows his native country is messed up beyond redemption.

I think he wanted the mess of Nigeria to continue to subsist so that people can remain poor, while he gives alms to them and enjoy the self-validation. If there are no poverty-stricken people he won't have that satisfaction.

I have never taunted the deaths of innocent human beings like an irritant, so I'm sure God's mercies will be upon me when I die.

I hope he rests in peace wherever he is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 8:03pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

The deceased is at peace now because dead men are peaceful. Dead men don't talk.

His supposed philanthropy regardless, we must say that while he was alive, he justified the killings and deaths of innocent people who wanted their own country, the hypocritical thing is that he was doing that while serving in the Armed Forces of a different country because he himself knows his native country is messed up beyond redemption.

I think he wanted the mess of Nigeria to continue to subsist so that people can remain poor, while he gives alms to them and enjoy the self-validation. If there are no poverty-stricken people he won't have that satisfaction.

I have never taunted the deaths of innocent human beings like an irritant, so I'm sure God's mercies will be upon me when I die.

On many occasions he off celebrated the deaths and terrible killings with the vituperative cohorts like sarrki celebrating every vile and killings in the south east without the slightest form of remorsits not enough to account for ones good deeds after death,but for the bad ones too.

Anyways the dead doesn't speak,so wisdom sshould be applied. Who knows if repentance came given the adjustment he made in the past couple of years that followed with his philantrophy.

No soldier celebrates another soldiers death. No one is. The people who died during the military campaign in the south east are human beings and have feelings .if they died for a cause they believe in however ignoble,doesn't mean their deaths should be celebrated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 8:06pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

On many occasions he off celebrated the deaths and terrible killings with the vituperative cohorts like sarrki celebrating every vile and killings in the south east without the slightest form of remorsits not enough to account for ones good deeds after death,but for the bad ones too.

Anyways the dead doesn't speak,so wisdom sshould be applied. Who knows if repentance came given the adjustment he made in the past couple of years that followed with his philantrophy.

No soldier celebrates another soldiers death. No one is. The people who died during the military campaign in the south east are human beings and have feelings .if they died for a cause they believe in however ignoble,doesn't mean their deaths should be celebrated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MorufuAtanda: 8:08pm On May 24, 2019
essenceplus:

No soldier celebrates another soldiers death. No one is. The people who died during the military campaign in the south east are human beings and have feelings .if they died for a cause they believe in however ignoble,doesn't mean their deaths should be celebrated

You are correct. In this part of the world we hate truth. It is unafrican to speak ill of the dead, but we must take lessons from how they lived their lives good or bad. If hungerbad had not celebrated the pains of mothers who lost their young sons cut down by the bullets of hungry and intellectually-challenged Nigerian soldiers, the whole thread would have been filled with 100% eulogies.

His comments are still there for us to peruse and make our judgments. Our words will always outlive us.

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 8:30pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

You are correct. In this part of the world we hate truth. It is unafrican to speak ill of the dead, but we must take lessons from how they lived their lives good or bad. If hungerbad had not celebrated the pains of mothers who lost their young sons cut down by the bullets of hungry and intellectually-challenged Nigerian soldiers, the whole thread would have been filled with 100% eulogies.

His comments are still there for us to peruse and make our judgments. Our words will always outlive us.

I agree. The dead can not speak and shouldn't be accused.but I have a feeling to say this our lives dictates our associations and stuffs we're privy to like resources and information our social circles may have which we may need but lack. I won't lie sir as a biochemist when I hear reports of how Nigerians die I laugh. Baba people don't die these day in the west just anyhow. I'm not bragging ifbhe were my friend and I knew he had leukemia there are new medical procedures for handling a myriad of sicknesses these days. So our associations linkbus to resources and information other people have if we would be civil and not be unnecessarily vile.

I'm dissapointed with the us army with the finest medical expertise and resources one of their own died of a medical condition that's manageable.I find this unnaceptable.I'm unhappy with the us army.

In the end we must take lessons from the dead both the good and the bad and not overlook the bad for whatever the good maybe
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2019
I can't believe Hungerbad is dead!
There must be a mistake some where biko..
God don't allow this to be true cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by greggng: 8:43pm On May 24, 2019
davodyguy:
No, they would not

We have too many kids on Nairaland now compared to before.

Recall what Nairaland was back then?

I'm talking about 2007 to 2013. You remember before you became a mod that we always had this debate with the atheists at the Religion Section. You had a crush on Jayriginal grin grin

Then we had fun and did contacted each other outside Nairaland. Things have really changed.

We now have kids who are freshers or Jambites and know absolutely nothing. Hence, it is very easy for one idiot to mislead them into hating another tribe. An idiot who had the opportunity for revolution, but ran away and started brainwashing people to hate their country. I can't understand what's happening.

I am a christian, no one can convince me to hate Christianity except if I'm personally convinced myself.
I'm a Nigerian, no one can tell me to hate my country, except I choose to.
I am a human being, no one can tell me to hate on another who did no wrong to me, call them animals or incite a people against another people

That is why i have to tender my resignation from nairaland very soon....so many children are here now....you the talk about is Igbo, afonja etc

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 8:54pm On May 24, 2019
greggng:

That is why i have to tender my resignation from nairaland very soon....so many children are here now....you the talk about is Igbo, afonja etc

What do we Do the election sowed the seed of discord which is only germinating on the fertile ground it finds in the hearts of the young ones. The country IAS terribly fractured along lines that promoted disunity and hatred of one another which is the underlying war philosophy. I have what youvstand for so we're enemies and for that I have to kill you psyche. I'm also considering leaving this forum permanently. The hate on this forum is sickening. What I'm I saying self I left and replaced the forum with Quora.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by TheSTreetman: 8:57pm On May 24, 2019
The death of HungerBad has taught me a lesson today. I was always thinking I hate all this Buharist. People like BBQ guy ( I detests this one so much, I can't even read his post, cause I get irritated why doing that), Ngene guy, Sarrki, Fizznation, QuotaSystem, Corrinthians, Omenkà etc. I was thinking I hate them but what I didn't know is that I didn't hate them but I hate what they stand for same way they didn't like where I stand. I was shocked when I saw The news about HungerBad. I cried even though we didn't know each other.

We didn't hate ourselves rather we hate what we stand for, that's why if a politician switch to any other party, people that hate him before will start defending him. Like Atiku.

May You rest in Peace HungerBad. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by QuotaSystem: 11:38pm On May 24, 2019
TheSTreetman:
The death of HungerBad has taught me a lesson today. I was always thinking I hate all this Buharist. People like BBQ guy ( I detests this one so much, I can't even read his post, cause I get irritated why doing that), Ngene guy, Sarrki, Fizznation, QuotaSystem, Corrinthians, Omenkà etc. I was thinking I hate them but what I didn't know is that I didn't hate them but I hate what they stand for same way they didn't like where I stand. I was shocked when I saw The news about HungerBad. I cried even though we didn't know each other.

We didn't hate ourselves rather we hate what we stand for, that's why if a politician switch to any other party, people that hate him before will start defending him. Like Atiku.

May You rest in Peace HungerBad. cry cry

We can all do better. How touching.

Rest in peace HungerBAD cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by ceeceeuwa: 11:40pm On May 24, 2019
TheLogicalMind:
So hungerbad the Buhari supporter passed away because he was unable to afford overseas medical care like his master? Sigh.

Be that as it may, I won't allow my misgivings about his life's mistakes from wishing him eternal rest. I just wish he had learned his lesson before passing on.
There is nothing logical about your mind.

3 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MetaPhysical: 12:07am On May 25, 2019
May his soul rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:06am On May 25, 2019
still shivering right now. brother I wish you nothing but an eternal rest

may God forgive you in whatsoever sins and accept you with his hands

rest on brother, o dun mi gan embarassed
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Johnsonjoye(m): 2:10am On May 25, 2019
So awesome. Nice piece.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by jojothaiv(m): 2:46am On May 25, 2019
Another long walk to freedom...
Sleep on HungerBAD.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Babacele: 4:10am On May 25, 2019
God bless the dead .

HungerBad , you came ,you saw ,and you conquered too soon. May your family and friends find succour in the hope that you gave others. And may you go back to God .
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by tvmuse: 5:27am On May 25, 2019
The exchange proceeded through Reddit and different gatherings and has lit up shutdown bits of gossip on account of the quiet made by TVMuse group.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Iamgrey5(m): 5:49am On May 25, 2019
Rip bro

We never met nor did we have any dealings but I really appreciate everything you did on this forum.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Heineken(m): 5:56am On May 25, 2019
So sad.. Rest in peace bro.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Esji80(m): 6:18am On May 25, 2019
RIP Hungerbad
Sir you are indeed a Legend and a great icon of hope to all.

Since the sad news of his demise I read hear yesterday, what annoys me more is some myopic peoples' comment attacking him for supporting PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

Politics or democracy as a whole entails freedom of association,speech ,etc. You don't label everybody that supports party A or B or candidate A or B to be foolish or whatever derogatory names you do label him or her.

Just like there is never a Hausa Fulani or Igbo Political party so also there is never Muslim or Christian party. According to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Nigeria is a SECULAR STATE.The Constitution is Neither from the Holy Bible nor the Qur'an. There are Muslims,Christians, Traditionalist,etc in every political party.So you don't label anybody supporting any political party as an enemy of the state or the masses.Everyone has his own views of frame of reference why he supports party A or B. We should learn to respect peoples views.

Even in advanced democracies like US there are Republicans and Democrats living together and working together even in the parliament for the progress of their country.

RIP HUNGERBAD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by brightleave(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2019
Esji80:
RIP Hungerbad
Sir you are indeed a Legend and a great icon of hope to all.

Since the sad news of his demise I read hear yesterday, what annoys me more is some myopic peoples' comment attacking him for supporting PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

Politics or democracy as a whole entails freedom of association,speech ,etc. You don't label everybody that supports party A or B or candidate A or B to be foolish or whatever derogatory names you do label him or her.

Just like there is never a Hausa Fulani or Igbo Political party so also there is never Muslim or Christian party. According to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Nigeria is a SECULAR STATE.The Constitution is Neither from the Holy Bible nor the Qur'an. There are Muslims,Christians, Traditionalist,etc in every political party.So you don't label anybody supporting any political party as an enemy of the state or the masses.Everyone has his own views of frame of reference why he supports party A or B. We should learn to respect peoples views.

Even in advanced democracies like US there are Republicans and Democrats living together and working together even in the parliament for the progress of their country.

RIP HUNGERBAD
rest in peace bro

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by TheLogicalMind(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2019
To a born fool, it might look that way. But anyone with an ounce of intelligence in his head knows that there is nothing wrong with treating someone in death, EXACTLY the same way you treated them in life.

ceeceeuwa:

There is nothing logical about your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by iamfromlagos(f): 8:05am On May 25, 2019
DBossNG:

YOU ARE SICK! I USE TO THINK THE HATRED PEOPLE HAVE FOR EACH OTHER ON THIS FORUM IS ONLY BEHIND KEYBOARDS. I DON'T KNOW FOOLS LIKE YOU EXISTS WHO CAN MOCK THE DEAD BECAUSE OF THEIR PAST DEEDS.....
You can just imagine.
Well that's how bad it is, Hatred has really eaten deep into the souls in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by iamfromlagos(f): 10:00am On May 25, 2019
obumsway:
Rip HungerBad ...... may God also comfort my family .... lost my dad on the 21st May ..... it is well
Amen.
Take heart.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by dontbothermuch: 10:08am On May 25, 2019
True talk

RIP Hungerbad
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by finalboss(m): 11:49am On May 25, 2019
rip brother sad
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by ladygudhead(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2019
Jeez that guy is dead!!! Eyaaa may his find enternal peace!
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by weyreypey: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2019
TONYE001:
Hello,

Good morning.

Trust you all are doing OK.

Firstly, I would love to start by explaining why I brought this to the Culture Section of Nairaland. We were taught that culture is people's way of life. This piece addresses our way of life, here on Nairaland, at least.

I woke up to meet the sad news of the demise of this wonderful fellow, HungerBad. I didn't have any direct dealings with him but I knew him for two things - his comments and his benevolence. May his soul rest in God's perfect peace, may those he left behind find strength to carry on.

Nairaland is a faceless forum. Each day we come online, we interact with monikers, sometimes we forget that behind these monikers are actual humans with real names, families and real lives. I've been here for a while. I've seen things. I've seen people play over someone's depression, I've seen people mock others that need some sort of help or the other. I've seen people say terrible things about others. I've seen people wish others death. I've seen comments where users threaten to kill others. In the heat of the just concluded elections, I saw folks do things that I fear even animals may not do to themselves. I've seen people celebrate the deaths of others. This list is endless.

But there's more. I've seen good deeds go down here too. A couple of times, I've seen fundraising threads for one sick person or the other. I've seen sincere efforts by people to help other people with jobs, tuition, etc. The annual Xfire Scholarship comes to mind. HungerBad's repeated show of kindness comes to mind too.

HungerBad was a kind fellow. Regular users of this forum must have come across his good deeds at one point or the other. He was not discouraged by the activities of scammers that's of course ubiquitous here. He looked beyond the lines of cultural divisions. He gave to all. Hausas. Igbos. Yorubas.

To HungerBad, it didn't matter whether you are Christian or Muslim. All that mattered to him was that you needed help. More like, a human needs help. This was enough for him.

There are a few lessons we all can pick from this fellow. Our country is already in a terrible state. People are jobless, people are angry. Why heat it further with tribalism and extreme political views? The elite continue to take the common man for a ride. They play on the gullibility of the average Nigerian. They exploit the natural hatred each geopolitical region has for the other. Why then do we hurt ourselves the more? Why can't we show unconditional love to each other just like our dear HungerBad did?

We tend to be unaware that behind each moniker is a human that may be at the verge of taking his life. We make all sorts of derogatory comments not minding the possible impacts. We forget too that silence, that is, not commenting on each and every thread, is an option. Mr. A opens a thread about a certain problem he's confronted with. Maybe a health challenge. The first commenter calls him unprintable names and makes jest of his condition. The second commenter follows suit and a cascade is set.

Who would have known that HungerBad was in the US Army? You can't be sure of the person behind a moniker you just wrongly attacked. He may be the doctor that stood for hours doing a procedure on your brother, he may be the driver that helped your stranded sister, she may be the lawyer that fought for the right of your daughter, or the good Samaritan that donated massively for the health of your father.

In conclusion, I urge each and every one of us to follow peace with all men. We must treat each other with a sense of respect. We must be quick to help, if we can. If we can't, we must move on, this is better than worsening the situation with an out-of-place comment.

Lastly, life is temporary. Whether we continue to live or die can be decided in seconds. Let's carry this consciousness at the back of our minds as we pursue our day-to-day activities.

Thank you.

Tell this to the gang of gaslighters on cartalk section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The 51 Kings Of Lagos (contacts) / Inter-tribal Relationships / Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.