Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Learning From the Life of HungerBad - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning From the Life of HungerBad (24973 Views)

The Life Story Of Chief Bode Amao / Favorite Quotes By Popular Nairalander Hungerbad. / Why Igbos Are Good Learners And Are Fast Learning From Southafricans (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by candidbabe(f): 5:29pm On May 24, 2019
Rip HUNGER BAD I will forever miss your comments an intelligent man you are .
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Nigerians are hypocrites, when people die they talk about only the good things he did not the bad ones.

I'm not trying to spoil the vibe, but I remember him taunting jnnocent IPOB members killed during python dance. Always insulting Easterners and Biafrans. He was an irritant most times. Wonder why he refused to serve the Nigeria he claimed to love but ran away to serve the USA? I'm sure many people would have used it against him, that's why he hid his occuption from us. Very hypocritical.

That's a lesson for all you who enjoy taunting the killing and murder of people because they do not share the same political views with you. Death is no respecter of anyone. We are all indebted to death.

Rip to him and may God forgive him!
let me view my thread if I've done such against others.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31pm On May 24, 2019
May his wonderful soul Rest in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by jnoz23(m): 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
I also knew his moniker and never negatively. RIP BROTHER.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by bluefilm: 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
But why will someone call him or herself HungerBAD?
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
SOFTENGR:

We don't know even might be a helper tomorrow.
We are doing the best we can and we pray to do much more.
May God make you a helper of men too SOFTENGR.

2 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by handsomebanana(m): 5:33pm On May 24, 2019
I remember reading a post from him in 2017 heavily supporting Buhari and I thought he was a troll whose job was to provoke. That thought atayed with me till now.

Until today, I never knew about this side of him.
RIP
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Awoo88: 5:33pm On May 24, 2019
I only know that moniker as a zombified buhari supporter. May his soul find rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 5:37pm On May 24, 2019
Blyzz:
let me view my thread if I've done such against others.

Good let's not enjoy the misfortunes of others.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by MorufuAtanda: 5:38pm On May 24, 2019
post=78684276:
May his wonderful soul Rest in peace

You are another hypocritical irritant just like hungerbad was, better learn from this situation and change for the better. A word...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2019
essenceplus:

Good let's not enjoy the misfortunes of others.
yeah, I just did. I'm glad to always use constructive statement.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 5:53pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

You are another hypocritical irritant just like hungerbad was, better learn from this situation and change for the better. A word...

I'm happy meeting a likeminded individual. You spoke well as a sage. Madridguy Sarrki Ngenukwenu Omenkalives need to read your comment and learn
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 5:54pm On May 24, 2019
Blyzz:
yeah, I just did. I'm glad to always use constructive statement.

Its a lesson. We all have out departure date.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by FLYFIRE(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2019
NOTHING to learn from someone who was more patriotic to America than Nigeria. HungerBad was enjoying the luxurious life of America while fuelling the death of many Nigerians by supporting Buhari

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 24, 2019
essenceplus:

Its a lesson. We all have out departure date.
sure bro!
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by mukhcech(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
FLYFIRE:
NOTHING to learn from someone who was more patriotic to America than Nigeria. HungerBad was enjoying the luxurious life of America while fuelling the death of many Nigerians by supporting Buhari

You have a foolish soul.

6 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Yujin(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2019
I know of the moniker 'hungerbad' and how he supports the present evil government of Buhari but not his philanthropic side. From all I've read here, it seems he had a good heart to assist people which is quite rare. It's painful to lose such an individual and for this I'll say 'we lost a person'. However, if he rejoiced during the brutal killings of innocent IPOB members, then a part of me rejoices too in his demise. I believe in fair judgement. Like Chimamanda Adichie wrote: we all remember differently. I don't know how judgement is executed up yonder but if it's left to me, then he deserves a good reward for his philanthropy and also a reprimand for his political insensitivity.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Raypawer(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2019
One of the reasons why Nairaland detaste me now..

I remember how I used to draw motivation from programming section, learn from others, today am a Programmer.

Business Ideas, how to get a visa, how to export, how to import, it was richer than this!

I was introduced to Nairaland by the famous netprenure, Patrick Ogidi, I had a one on one session with him once like that at owerri, far back 2010, 2011.

When I came onboard, I saw value, then we had more post like

"How to start a business"
"Businesses you can start with N100,000"
"How to start a drycleaning business"
"How to apply for a Job"
"How to prepare for job Interview"

If it was now, I would probably never visit Nairaland again, as it is now about celebrities, BBN, APC, PDP, Cars and all Irrelevant post in this world!

My condolences to HungerBad.

davodyguy:
No, they would not

We have too many kids on Nairaland now compared to before.

Recall what Nairaland was back then?

I'm talking about 2007 to 2013. You remember before you became a mod that we always had this debate with the atheists at the Religion Section. You had a crush on Jayriginal grin grin

Then we had fun and did contacted each other outside Nairaland. Things have really changed.

We now have kids who are freshers or Jambites and know absolutely nothing. Hence, it is very easy for one idiot to mislead them into hating another tribe. An idiot who had the opportunity for revolution, but ran away and started brainwashing people to hate their country. I can't understand what's happening.

I am a christian, no one can convince me to hate Christianity except if I'm personally convinced myself.
I'm a Nigerian, no one can tell me to hate my country, except I choose to.
I am a human being, no one can tell me to hate on another who did no wrong to me, call them animals or incite a people against another people

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Gofwane(m): 6:22pm On May 24, 2019
Jeez!!!
This life is nothing but a dream. Hungerbad is dead?? He is the first and only nairander i followed and respected. So generous!!

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by teepain: 6:23pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

Hello! Why are you bickering over the political choices of people when we are all mourning the departure of a great mind? Let us all remember not to mock anyone with possible death because physical DEATH is an inevitability for us all. Whether we are pro-PDP or pro-APC or pro-any-other.

Fare thee well HungerBad! Adieu!

P.S.

I didn't know that your disagreement with HungerBad was based on the fact that he taunted Igbos that were killed as you stated; I am unaware of that side of him. While I don't support anyone doing that I urge us to remember more of the guy's good deeds as no one is perfect.

4 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by nom44311: 6:42pm On May 24, 2019
TONYE001:
Hello,

Good morning.

Trust you all are doing OK.

Firstly, I would love to start by explaining why I brought this to the Culture Section of Nairaland. We were taught that culture is people's way of life. This piece addresses our way of life, here on Nairaland, at least.

I woke up to meet the sad news of the demise of this wonderful fellow, HungerBad. I didn't have any direct dealings with him but I knew him for two things - his comments and his benevolence. May his soul rest in God's perfect peace, may those he left behind find strength to carry on.

Nairaland is a faceless forum. Each day we come online, we interact with monikers, sometimes we forget that behind these monikers are actual humans with real names, families and real lives. I've been here for a while. I've seen things. I've seen people play over someone's depression, I've seen people mock others that need some sort of help or the other. I've seen people say terrible things about others. I've seen people wish others death. I've seen comments where users threaten to kill others. In the heat of the just concluded elections, I saw folks do things that I fear even animals may not do to themselves. I've seen people celebrate the deaths of others. This list is endless.

But there's more. I've seen good deeds go down here too. A couple of times, I've seen fundraising threads for one sick person or the other. I've seen sincere efforts by people to help other people with jobs, tuition, etc. The annual Xfire Scholarship comes to mind. HungerBad's repeated show of kindness comes to mind too.

HungerBad was a kind fellow. Regular users of this forum must have come across his good deeds at one point or the other. He was not discouraged by the activities of scammers that's of course ubiquitous here. He looked beyond the lines of cultural divisions. He gave to all. Hausas. Igbos. Yorubas.

To HungerBad, it didn't matter whether you are Christian or Muslim. All that mattered to him was that you needed help. More like, a human needs help. This was enough for him.

There are a few lessons we all can pick from this fellow. Our country is already in a terrible state. People are jobless, people are angry. Why heat it further with tribalism and extreme political views? The elite continue to take the common man for a ride. They play on the gullibility of the average Nigerian. They exploit the natural hatred each geopolitical region has for the other. Why then do we hurt ourselves the more? Why can't we show unconditional love to each other just like our dear HungerBad did?

We tend to be unaware that behind each moniker is a human that may be at the verge of taking his life. We make all sorts of derogatory comments not minding the possible impacts. We forget too that silence, that is, not commenting on each and every thread, is an option. Mr. A opens a thread about a certain problem he's confronted with. Maybe a health challenge. The first commenter calls him unprintable names and makes jest of his condition. The second commenter follows suit and a cascade is set.

Who would have known that HungerBad was in the US Army? You can't be sure of the person behind a moniker you just wrongly attacked. He may be the doctor that stood for hours doing a procedure on your brother, he may be the driver that helped your stranded sister, she may be the lawyer that fought for the right of your daughter, or the good Samaritan that donated massively for the health of your father.

In conclusion, I urge each and every one of us to follow peace with all men. We must treat each other with a sense of respect. We must be quick to help, if we can. If we can't, we must move on, this is better than worsening the situation with an out-of-place comment.

Lastly, life is temporary. Whether we continue to live or die can be decided in seconds. Let's carry this consciousness at the back of our minds as we pursue our day-to-day activities.

Thank you.

Nice write up. Respect!.
RIP hungerbad, didnt know you but remember your moniker and some of your comments come to mind. God accept your soul..
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by madridguy(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2019
You guys should allow us mourn our co patriot in peace.

essenceplus:

I'm happy meeting a likeminded individual. You spoke well as a sage. need to read your comment and learn
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by sowilli: 6:45pm On May 24, 2019
In life give more than you receive. RIP to that young man.
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by ttmax09(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2019
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed What hungerbad dead? So pained never had a conversation with him but one thing I knew was that he had a big heart came across many places where he helped people financially most especially students. May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 6:47pm On May 24, 2019
madridguy:
You guys should allow us mourn our co patriot in peace.

You will all learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by madridguy(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2019
Stop ranting bro. Every soul must taste death.

essenceplus:

You will all learn.

4 Likes

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 6:53pm On May 24, 2019
FLYFIRE:

wink
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by essenceplus: 6:54pm On May 24, 2019
madridguy:
Stop ranting bro. Every soul must taste death.

You will learn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Ashraf123(f): 7:08pm On May 24, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

what situation, even you that you are talking, won't u die?

1 Like

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Okuda(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2019
mukhcech:

You have a foolish soul.

what is foolish about his opinion? what exactly is good about Buhari's govt to support? anybody supportimg him is either gaining something from him or is foolish in the head. i supported Buhari at the neginning but i grew past that because i have sense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 24, 2019
Wow, this hurts. RIP, HungerBad. cry cry
Re: Learning From the Life of HungerBad by Lilimax(f): 7:51pm On May 24, 2019
TONYE001:
Hello,

Good morning.

Trust you all are doing OK.

Firstly, I would love to start by explaining why I brought this to the Culture Section of Nairaland. We were taught that culture is people's way of life. This piece addresses our way of life, here on Nairaland, at least.

I woke up to meet the sad news of the demise of this wonderful fellow, HungerBad. I didn't have any direct dealings with him but I knew him for two things - his comments and his benevolence. May his soul rest in God's perfect peace, may those he left behind find strength to carry on.

Nairaland is a faceless forum. Each day we come online, we interact with monikers, sometimes we forget that behind these monikers are actual humans with real names, families and real lives. I've been here for a while. I've seen things. I've seen people play over someone's depression, I've seen people mock others that need some sort of help or the other. I've seen people say terrible things about others. I've seen people wish others death. I've seen comments where users threaten to kill others. In the heat of the just concluded elections, I saw folks do things that I fear even animals may not do to themselves. I've seen people celebrate the deaths of others. This list is endless.

But there's more. I've seen good deeds go down here too. A couple of times, I've seen fundraising threads for one sick person or the other. I've seen sincere efforts by people to help other people with jobs, tuition, etc. The annual Xfire Scholarship comes to mind. HungerBad's repeated show of kindness comes to mind too.

HungerBad was a kind fellow. Regular users of this forum must have come across his good deeds at one point or the other. He was not discouraged by the activities of scammers that's of course ubiquitous here. He looked beyond the lines of cultural divisions. He gave to all. Hausas. Igbos. Yorubas.

To HungerBad, it didn't matter whether you are Christian or Muslim. All that mattered to him was that you needed help. More like, a human needs help. This was enough for him.

There are a few lessons we all can pick from this fellow. Our country is already in a terrible state. People are jobless, people are angry. Why heat it further with tribalism and extreme political views? The elite continue to take the common man for a ride. They play on the gullibility of the average Nigerian. They exploit the natural hatred each geopolitical region has for the other. Why then do we hurt ourselves the more? Why can't we show unconditional love to each other just like our dear HungerBad did?

We tend to be unaware that behind each moniker is a human that may be at the verge of taking his life. We make all sorts of derogatory comments not minding the possible impacts. We forget too that silence, that is, not commenting on each and every thread, is an option. Mr. A opens a thread about a certain problem he's confronted with. Maybe a health challenge. The first commenter calls him unprintable names and makes jest of his condition. The second commenter follows suit and a cascade is set.

Who would have known that HungerBad was in the US Army? You can't be sure of the person behind a moniker you just wrongly attacked. He may be the doctor that stood for hours doing a procedure on your brother, he may be the driver that helped your stranded sister, she may be the lawyer that fought for the right of your daughter, or the good Samaritan that donated massively for the health of your father.

In conclusion, I urge each and every one of us to follow peace with all men. We must treat each other with a sense of respect. We must be quick to help, if we can. If we can't, we must move on, this is better than worsening the situation with an out-of-place comment.

Lastly, life is temporary. Whether we continue to live or die can be decided in seconds. Let's carry this consciousness at the back of our minds as we pursue our day-to-day activities.

Thank you.

So spot on!
I am still very speechless over the death of Hungerbad cry cry cry cry
This life ....is so transient... So ephemeral...
May God give us the grace to number our days and apply our lives to wisdom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onitsha Ancient Bridge Collapses / Meet Felix A. Mujakperuo: A Rtd Major General Who Is Now A First Class King / The Amhara People Of Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.