Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. (16381 Views)

Bolaji Ariyo’s Mamichula Beach Lost Virtually Everything For Coastal Highway / FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Judolisco(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2019
W
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Guestlander: 4:57pm On May 25, 2019
delpee:
I sincerely pray that we don't end up becoming slaves to the Chinese many years down the line. We're taking too many loans all secured on our prime assets if I got the terms right.

Look at the positive side. Americans are more indebted to the Chinese than any other country in the world. The Asians are far more likely to help Africa develop than the west.

The ancient narrow guage left by the British was only meant to convey raw materials from the hinterland for onward transportation to the UK.
As long as the loans are not taken in cash and then stolen. If they are tied to projects like power plants, railroads, steel and stuff like that we cannot lose.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by kaen1317: 4:57pm On May 25, 2019
Nigeria that is richly blessed with human and material resources is collecting loan. Rich man borrowing money. Who do us abeg?
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by RichBoy247: 5:00pm On May 25, 2019
EngrKem:
Amaechi for President.
Tinubu and South West Should be patriotic and support Amaechi to be the next president of nigeria

Even when Amaechi's people will not vote for him?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by RichBoy247: 5:02pm On May 25, 2019
celeiyke:
They are just approving. Funds will be released in 2022 and looted by Feb 2023. There the story ends

Just as the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and the Lagos-Ibadan Railway which Amaechi inspects every week and monitors the work progress. Why is it that good news makes you sad? Do you hate progress?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by hopexter(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2019
EngrKem:
Amaechi for President.
Tinubu and South West Should be patriotic and support Amaechi to be the next president of nigeria

It's not South-South's Turn yet, Its not even up to 4 years Jonathan left Aso Rock. But I commend his good deeds so far. smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by AngelicBeing: 5:05pm On May 25, 2019
Bolustical:
[s][/s]
That's your own problem.

Even the US owes China in trillions.

Nigeria isn't borrowing to sustain consumption but to build infrastructure that will not only provide jobs and make life better but also repay the loans borrowed.
l agree with your post but my only concern is for contractors pocketing funds via greedy wicked politicians and not deliver the mandate of the FG cool
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Agugbadin: 5:08pm On May 25, 2019
Amechi has made us proud again kudos to President Buhari and our able minister Hon Rotimi Amechi

9 Likes

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by frowland(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2019
MadamExcellency:
To be commissioned in 2050.

Nigeria should beware on Chinese goose and handouts. It's more dangerous than poverty.

Yet we compare with Kenya et al, who grew under the guidance of China? Are we sure critics are alright in this country?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Agugbadin: 5:12pm On May 25, 2019
hopexter:

It's not South-South's Turn yet, Its not even up to 4 years Jonathan left Aso Rock. But I commend his good deeds so far. smiley

Jonathan was a clueless leader. See how Buhari is developing the infrastructure of this country

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by arsenal33: 5:12pm On May 25, 2019
MadamExcellency:
To be commissioned in 2050.

Nigeria should beware on Chinese goose and handouts. It's more dangerous than poverty.
If only previous govts had started it, it will be complete by now. Show some appreciation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by blackslayer: 5:14pm On May 25, 2019
The question i want to ask is this.....Do they have plans to service the loans in a timely fashion so as to minimize the amount of interest and overall cost? These bastards have no plans whatsoever....building infrastructure from loans is not something to blindly jubilate over.....With all the OIL wealth....what have they done with it They pay themselves with oil money and borrow to do what they were elected to do....Nigerians are dvmb as a rock i swear....Nigerians don't know what's best for them...they are like little children.....think about it!!!!
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Charly68: 5:22pm On May 25, 2019
Whatever you can do to keep Nigeria working,am in full support. Network the entire nation and see how the economy will jump ..The white aren't praying for us to get it right ,however with Buhari on the saddle..things will work because the tactics of shop shop won't be tolerated . God bless Ameachi for the vision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by DEXTROVERT: 5:22pm On May 25, 2019
For
those
saying
China
will
buy
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by hopexter(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2019
Agugbadin:

Jonathan was a clueless leader. See how Buhari is developing the infrastructure of this country

I wouldn't say clueless. They both have their own individual stratagem. Jonathan ignored infrastructure and development and tackled Hunger while Buhari ignore hunger and face corruption and infrastucture/development. smiley
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Legendguru: 5:38pm On May 25, 2019
oh
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by munex007(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2019
delpee:
I sincerely pray that we don't end up becoming slaves to the Chinese many years down the line. We're taking too many loans all secured on our prime assets if I got the terms right.

You are right

We have governors, they go to China and spend one month on a tour and come back with MoU on debts.

“China will lend you $1.8b to build light rail. This light rail will be done by workers from China, the trains will come from China, the engines will come from China, the labor will come from China while the driver is Chinese. “At the end of the day, what do you benefit from them? Your citizens will ride on a train and when you ride on a train in northern Nigeria, in a state like Kano or Katsina, where are you going to? You are not going to industrial estate to work. You are not going to school. You are not going to the farm. You borrow money from China to invest in trains so that your citizens can ride on them to go for weddings and naming ceremonies.”

SLS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by olaolaking: 5:56pm On May 25, 2019
delpee:
Which too many loans? Do you know how much America is owning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by CodeTemplar: 6:04pm On May 25, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
This is good for the economic capital of the SE- Onitsha
If the SE knows what is best for them, they should learn from Lagos and Abuja and reorganize that place called Onitsha quickly. It is becoming too contested for effective movement on and out of it. even the second Niger bridge runs into Onitsha main town like the first.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Asshurbanipall: 6:12pm On May 25, 2019
You know nothing about Onitsha. 2nd Niger bridge runs through virgin lands and bust at Onitsha-Owerri highway where there will be a cloverleaf flyover interchange like the one at Upper-Iweka.

The 1st Niger bridge joins this 10 lanes suoerhigh that runs through the city. Only Lagos, Abuja and PH has this type of road shown below and it is in Onitsha. So moving in and out of the city is so easy and smooth

CodeTemplar:
If the SE knows what is best for them, they should learn from Lagos and Abuja and reorganize that place called Onitsha quickly. It is becoming too contested for effective movement on and out of it. even the second Niger bridge runs into Onitsha main town like the first.

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by steve6: 6:13pm On May 25, 2019
Ok.
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by olajizz01(m): 6:17pm On May 25, 2019
kaen1317:
Government with no direction.
Hahahahahaha....................

Behold a pained fellow who see no good in this regime just because they didn't share the future of his unborn child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by olioxx(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2019
delpee:
China can use the whole of Africa as a fallback in this trade war. I don't know how, but they can.
Recently, China gave a warning to UK.
We just have to be careful with China.
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by olioxx(m): 7:15pm On May 25, 2019
plaindealer:
Wonderful.
I applaud the FG and Amaechi.
. Keep applauding, China is involved. . Take note.
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Moletemike: 7:18pm On May 25, 2019
The money will grow wings or be swallowed by snake.
Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by TGM2015: 7:24pm On May 25, 2019
YourNemesis:
With the explanation and details in the article, I don't see how that is a COASTAL rail... basically a Southern Nigeria railway system.
Then define a costal city and identify coastal cities in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by Afamed: 7:49pm On May 25, 2019
Built2last:
Next level borrowing.
Let me be stockpiling bitcoin first.
Nigeria will not escape this doom coming
Even the world leader, US is borrowing. Children of hate everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $2.3b For Coastal Rail Line Development. by luluosas(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2019
Great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explosions At Oforji Oboku, Victor Isaiah's Homes In Bayelsa / Tinubu to chair 11th Arewa House lecture / Abba Kyari Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ To Drug Trafficking Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.