Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State (1159 Views)

The Layman Understanding Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment / Naira Crisis Suits Must Be Decided Today - Supreme Court / I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by Feemmy(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2019
PDP added

1 Governor
3 senators
7 House of reps members
24 House of assembly members.
Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by UmuEri(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2019
Feemmy:
PDP added

1 Governor
3 senators
7 House of reps members

with this latest judgment, how does PDD and APC stand in the national Assembly in terms of number.?

note; zamfara has 3 senatorial seats and 7 Rep members
Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by Tecno66: 1:07pm On May 24, 2019
UmuEri:

with this latest judgment, how does PDD and APC stand in the national Assembly in terms of number.?

note; zamfara has 3 senatorial seats and 7 Rep members
The difference is six. Assuming APC had 60 senators to PDP's 40, the difference is 20. But by removing 3 from APC and adding 3 to PDP, APC now has 57 to pdp's 43. The difference is now cut to 14.
Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by Tecno66: 1:12pm On May 24, 2019
Feemmy:
PDP added

1 Governor
3 senators
7 House of reps members
I think before the PDP candidate can be declared, he still needs to fulfill the constitutional requirement of having one third of the votes in two thirds of the local governments of the state. I doubt if that was met because of the dominance of APC in the state.
Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by Feemmy(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2019
Tecno66:
I think before the PDP candidate can be declared, he still needs to fulfill the constitutional requirement of having one third of the votes in two thirds of the local governments of the state. I doubt if that was met because of the dominance of APC in the state.
With the court pronouncing APC votes "waste" I think the total number of votes cast will now be the remaining votes which are that of the PDP and and other minor parties. With this they should meet the requirement

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by MrPolitics: 2:24pm On May 24, 2019
Tecno66:
The difference is six. Assuming APC had 60 senators to PDP's 40, the difference is 20. But by removing 3 from APC and adding 3 to PDP, APC now has 57 to pdp's 43. The difference is now cut to 14.

APC had 64 to PDP’s 44 but now it’s APC’s 61 (60 if we consider okorocha’s certificate saga) to PDP’s 47
Re: Here Is The Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Judgment In Zamfara State by CID11: 2:27pm On May 24, 2019
Feemmy:

With the court pronouncing APC votes "waste" I think the total number of votes cast will now be the remaining votes which are that of the PDP and and other minor parties. With this they should meet the requirement
The Supreme Court has declared him. It is final

(1) (Reply)

Factcheck: Did NASS Delay 2019 Budget For 7 Months As Claimed By Mr Buhari? / June 12: Buhari Queries Obasanjo On Why He Didn't Attend Event / So FBI Is Watching Us. Na Wa O. Eyes Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.