Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu (42035 Views)

Soldiers Order Two Touts To Swim Inside A Gutter In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / People Scooping Groundnut Oil From The Gutter In Lagos (Video) / Driver And Conductor Fight In A Gutter In Lekki, Lagos Over Payment. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by akikanju(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2019
Rant HQ blog got wind of a story begging to trend with it’s attendant issues.

A thief was caught, stripped, beaten, even fed and told to help desilt the gutter. Jungle justice you say, but this time, he was made to work for the society.

According to Richard Blackstone a facebook user, the thief was given a different kind of treatment.

He wrote;

“This muscled guy was caught stealing in enugu , He was whipped small. Afterwards, we bought food for him, gave him two bottles of fanta drinks to quench his thirst and supplied him with one bag of sachet water. He was then given a shovel to desilt the big gutter leading to my poultry farm road in enugu, What a beautiful thing. He doesn’t need to go to jail. I think this is better than killing them or jail, let’s use them to keep our country clean.”

Source: http://ranthq.org/blog/2019/05/24/how-a-thief-was-caught-whipped-served-food-and-led-to-clean-up-the-gutter-in-enugu/

L

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 24, 2019
FTC
042 guys no just get joy grin grin grin

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Nukilia: 2:40pm On May 24, 2019
Community service is the best. Shame on the citizens who prefer to burn thieves, they are also guilty of murder...

Same should be done to our politicians that loot the nations wealth undecided

259 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by DabuIIIT: 2:45pm On May 24, 2019
A Conehead
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by SageMK: 2:59pm On May 24, 2019
Nice. Community service over evil jungle justice.

Though, I don't agree with the idea of not sending them to jail. I am not buying that idea of feeding thieves and letting them off with community service. Nope. undecided

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Oche211(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2019
Community service.
Jungle justice is a big No.
The day politicians are lynched is the day we should begin to give jungle justice a nod.
But you can't hail a politician and burn a maggi thief when politicians are the worst.
And their stealing have ripple effects in every area of our society.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by akikanju(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2019
Oche211:
Community service

Yes oh.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:15pm On May 24, 2019
I think this is better

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by akikanju(m): 3:41pm On May 24, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
I think this is better

Hmmmh.

1 Like

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Curvybaby: 5:25pm On May 24, 2019
If nah BRR they would have killed him and mined his skull instantly

See my signature angry angry angry angry angry angry cheesy grin angry angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by boman2014: 5:26pm On May 24, 2019
better than jungle justice

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by dkronicle(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2019
Lols
Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Hoodbilonia: 5:27pm On May 24, 2019
Sanity
He shud have been given more harsh punishment
Pick pin for 6hrs
Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Peterpanny: 5:27pm On May 24, 2019
They should have roasted the idiot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 24, 2019
In as much as he did something terribly bad I feel for him. I just pray this teach him a lesson and he realize crime isn't the way but there are times a man has lost everything and he has nothing to hold on too that he decides to go into a crime. Take me for example, this time last month I had close to 700k in my account and then I decided that get a tricicle for someone to ride for me and I bought a Keke and guess what friends the Keke was stolen after just 3 days. No father, no mother, no friend no one to help. sadness comes and depression follows. Now friends if I decide to go into crime would anyone blame me? Let just pray life circumstances never get close to us

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by gbadexy(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2019
Nice one. This should be emulated across the country. The community benefits from this instead of cconstituting environmental nuisance that benefits no one from burning thieves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Lotel: 5:29pm On May 24, 2019
Hmm nawa for this kin method oo

Thieves go just be like "shebi they will only beat me small beating and I will just clean small gutter, and dey wee even gimme free food and drink, me wey no kuku get food for house, abeg make I steal make dem dey catch me"

13 Likes

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Casptainspecial: 5:29pm On May 24, 2019
Better for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by erons22(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2019
Lol grin
Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by mjbaba: 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
Why are they punishing the thief na.

There is no job in town. Allow him to steal, rob, maim and kill

(The lame excuse peddled by pro yahoo activists. Mtschewww)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Beface(m): 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
At least the guy is fulfilling purpose, thumbs up for Enugu's maturity!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
Enugu people, una do well ooo..........

Better than jungle justice.....

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by PMBtill2023: 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
Jungle justice is not an option!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by kaen1317: 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
Tomorrow are you going to still feed him? If not he will still steal and be very careful about it next time

1 Like

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:30pm On May 24, 2019
042 the best in naija

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by FhukaFhuka: 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
SageMK:
Nice. Community service over evil jungle justice.

Though, I don't agree with the idea of not sending them to jail. I am not buying that idea of feeding thieves and letting them off with community service. Nope. undecided
It depends on the severity of the crime.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by sinaj(f): 5:32pm On May 24, 2019
This is the best punishment ever

1 Like

Re: Thief Caught, Whipped, Served Food And Told To Clean The Gutter In Enugu by illiteratepmb: 5:34pm On May 24, 2019
He should be grateful that he was not killed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Beat Car Dealer In Umuahia, Abia For Having Problem With His Customer / HIV Positive Woman Raped At Gunpoint By Taxi Driver & Conductor In South Africa / See The Face Of One Of The Policemen Who Was Shot Dead By Robbers In Abuja(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.