Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) (71215 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 3:30pm On May 24, 2019

If you reside in Lagos or a location that shares borders with neighbouring  African countries, then you must be familiar with the sight of cars like these on the roads.

In Lagos, these cars are a common sight at the Lagos-Badagry Expressway axis.

Have you ever wondered at their weird design?

Well, these locally-reconstructed vehicles are mostly used for cross-border smuggling,  We say "mostly" because not all goods that come in through the borders are contrabands or smuggled goes.

The reconstruction of these cars is designed to increase the load-carrying capacity of their boot. This way, they can carry much more contrabands into the country to the destinations of their patrons.

In reconstructing these cars, their suspensions are given a relatively extreme lift. Thus making the rear end of the car a lot higher than the front end. This way, the weight of the cargoes in the boot does not force the rear end to touch the ground when the car is in motion - especially in undulating or rough terrains.

See more photos of these cars.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-comes-to-your-mind-when-you-see-these-cars-on-the-road-photos/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by MJBOLT: 3:32pm On May 24, 2019
na firewar motor be this.they use to carry rice,turkey,chicken etc from seme border

55 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Nukilia: 3:34pm On May 24, 2019
#SmugglingMode grin grin cheesy Activated

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by saheedbadmus(m): 3:38pm On May 24, 2019
fayawo things..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by HospitalityDiva(f): 3:53pm On May 24, 2019
These ones? They are used to smuggle rice into Nigeria.

In fact, these smugglers are part of the millions of Nigerians that Buhari and Audu Ogbe claimed that rice revolution in Nigeria has created employment for.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 24, 2019
Have seen enough that I don't even care again... Same road I pass there are FRSC who doesn't give a funk... So why should I care

11 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by HospitalityDiva(f): 4:14pm On May 24, 2019
kallmemrB:
Have seen enough that I don't even care again... Same road I pass there are FRSC who doesn't give a funk... So why should I care

Even Customs don't care about these cars, especially after monies have changed hands.

17 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2019

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2019
Nothing smiley
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by BluePrincee: 6:05pm On May 24, 2019
What come to my mind is that the car is a load carrier and overload expert grin

7 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Princedapace(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2019
We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by GrowYourSales(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
That we're suffering in this country cry

Is your business sales suffering? Check my signature

5 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by landmark86: 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
?
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by ERORR404(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
Ukwu
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by kaen1317: 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
Cross border smuggling activities.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by naijjaman(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2019
cheesy

Smuggling in Progress

But Not my freaking Business
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by soberdrunk(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2019
angry
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Rhymez(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2019
Common along Seme-Badagry road grin

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by thorpido(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2019
kallmemrB:
jThey don't even stop them.The control is from above.
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by MVLOX(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2019
I remember Naija and how disorganized the country is

4 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by xxolisexx(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2019
Smugglers....aswani rice
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by 2special(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2019
smugglers, they deliberately build a compartment in the car for their smuggling business.

1 Like

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by naijjaman(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2019
Hustlers who are better than all Nigerian politicians combined

4 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by OzziOhinoyi(m): 6:08pm On May 24, 2019
cheesy

Mad Max.

4 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by Lamasta(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2019
Can't stop laughing at this comment of yours grin grin
HospitalityDiva:
These ones? They are used to smuggle rice into Nigeria.

In fact, these smugglers are part of the millions of Nigerians that Buhari and Audu Ogbe claimed that rice revolution in Nigeria has created employment for.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by mcevans1(m): 6:10pm On May 24, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

I remember the night when I dey come back from badagry beach. Naso this Passat faya war motor overtake me even with the bad bad condition of the road.I march throttle come near am. The the driver enter potholes o . Wetin I hear na Boom! Him two front tyres don burst and na one spare e get. grin I stop my car, step out come do the driver ntooorrrr grin

6 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by naijjaman(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2019
Where are Nigerian Road Safety officials.

They No dey fear?
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by enemona90: 6:12pm On May 24, 2019
lagos and kano drivers
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by clive2u(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2019
Princedapace:
We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.

she's staying in florida to study nigeria? Let her come down here and study.

9 Likes

Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by forghon: 6:14pm On May 24, 2019
Road safety's meat
Re: What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) by GraGra247(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2019
They're on the road because VIO are busy collecting bribes from innocent road users

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: How Innoson Is Manufacturing Ambulances (Photos) / Young Girl Angrily Destroys Her $400k Rolls Royce She Bought To Prove To People / Hummer Jeep Carries Bamboo Sticks From Market In The East (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.