Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories (701 Views)

Why Are There 4 Different Accounts Of The Resurrection In The 4 Gospels? / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches / Pastor Adeboye Visits Emergency Wards In Two Different Hospitals In Ogun & Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by marvrick: 7:10pm On May 24, 2019
I can understand why so many people esp Christians develop an emotional attachment to the Bible to the extent that they can pick a fight or curse anyone that tries to show how inconsistent the Bible actually is. Or it could be because they believe it is the oldest recorded account of human history and origins, and so are scared of the consequences of disbelieving it. For some it is the closest thing that shows them where they come from and so they are unwilling to discard it since no other source has adequately shown where humans came from.

But in all honesty the Bible is a book that contains a lot of craftily woven stories that often mislead its reader. In fact I think the Bible holds the record of being the only book that is able to tell lies and the reader accepts it as truth.

Yes, you heard me right. The Bible is a master at deception and telling lies. It does this by giving two accounts of the same story. I will endeavor to list out some of these lies found in the Bible stories.

1. The creation of Man: The Bible first says God created male and female simultaneously in Genesis 1:27 and then later says male was created first before the female in Genesis 2:21-23

2. The call of Terah/Abram: The Bible says Terah(Abraham's father) left Ur for Canaan. He took along his family(Abram, Haran, Nahor, Sarai and Lot) in Genesis 11:27-32. Remember that Haran died in Ur, Terah's native land and Terah died in Haran. I ask, who was called? Abram or Terah? In Genesis 12:1-4, the Bible says it was Abram that was called to leave his father's kindred, note that Abram was in Haran not Ur when God called him.

3. In Genesis 14:13, the Bible refers to Abram as a Hebrew. Why? How can he be Hebrew when he was originally from Ur of the Chaldees?

4. In Genesis 16:16, the Bible says Abram was 86yrs old when Ishmael was born. Sarai was probably 77yrs.

5. In Genesis 17, the Bible says Abram became Abraham, was 99yrs old and too old to impregnate a female. Likewise Sarai became Sarah and she too was too old to conceive at 90yrs of age. They were both aged and sexually incapacitated. In this same chapter, Ishmael was the first to be promised 12 descendants who will be princes and they will be a great nation by God Himself. Ishmael was the first child of Abraham's to be circumsiced at age 13.

6. In Genesis 18:11-13, the Bible says both Abraham and Sarah were old and sexually incapable. Sarah herself was beyond menopause.

7. In Genesis 20:1-18, the Bible says Abimelech, king of Gerar took aged Sarah from Abraham in order to sleep with her. I ask how can a whole king of a country desire to have sex with a very aged woman of about 90yrs. Remember that Sarah herself admitted that she was no longer desirable enough for sex in Genesis17.

8. In Genesis 21, Sarah once more confirms that both she and Abraham were very old and yet became parents to Isaac. This is the same woman the Bible told us was desired by a whole king Abimelech to the extent that he took her from her husband. In this same chapter, in verse17, the Bible says the angel of God heard the cry of the lad, Ishmael whereas it was Hagar that was crying because she had no more water. Was it her cry or Ishmael's that the angel heard?

9. In Genesis 22:2, the Bible says God commanded Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. But note the words used by God. "Take Isaac, your only son whom you love". I ask, was Isaac Abraham's only son? Was Isaac the only one loved by Abraham? For me I would say Abraham wouldn't have easily agreed to sacrifice Isaac if indeed he was the only son he had. But knowing that Ishmael still lived, it was not too difficult to agree to the command. After all if Isaac died, there was still Ishmael. So it wasn't a test of faith at all.

10. In Genesis 24:1, the Bible says Abraham was very old, as he was about 136yrs old after the death of Sarah who died at age 127 yrs.

11. In Genesis 25:1, the Bible says Abraham who was already too old to have sex took another wife and she bore six more children for him. He then died at the age of 175! Can you imagine that? In Genesis 21, the Bible confirms that Abraham was too old to impregnate anyone yet here he is in Genesis 25 fathering 6 kids and living on till he died at 175yrs! If this is not a lie I wonder what is.

Though there remain lots of other instances where the Bible tells craftily woven tales, I will stop here for lack of time and will continue in a later thread. For now I just want you to go through these instances and ask yourself if the Bible has not been playing a fast one on its readers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 24, 2019
What do you plan to achieve with this post exactly?
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 24, 2019
There are seemingly contradictions in the Bible. If you then decide to read it with the eyes of the Holy Spirit you will come come out with a reasonable and good balance.
BTW...... I can help you with more contradictions.......
Kikikikikikikiki
Loooooool......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Novemberaura(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2019
Be frank
Where did you lift this from cuz I can certainly bet you didn't discover them thyself. Anyways, it's un fortunate to be true, christains they know it especially the pastors, Reverend and preachers but they won't allow it fly cuz it will put em all outta job. People need to believe this lie and fall for it so the religious scam will grow and glow. Those who know the truth believe in it but what others not to
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by budaatum: 10:14pm On May 24, 2019
marvrick:

The Bible is a master at deception and telling lies
Funny. Or rather, let me first joke at your expense. The Bible lied to you op? It actually spoke to you and what it said was a lie? Or are you just coming on here and telling us a lie?

Now, seriously. Your post is indicative of the state of education in our illustrious nation I say. You read something in a book and expect it to be the truth. Did you read the hare and the tortoise and just believe that too? Would you believe a word I write and believe me too? Do you do the same with history you read in a book? Or would you dig deeper and try to reason too?

Take the very short incomplete list of contradictions you mentioned in your op. Read more and you'd find so many more that trying to believe them all would get you in a right pickle. But that's because, contrary to general belief, you aren't meant to believe the book, but learn from it and develop your mind. Or don't you think all those contradictions could have been edited out before you got it?

It's a book op, and not a god. Stop believing and worshipping it and learn to think instead. Understanding the import of those contradictions will heavily enhance your life. Especially when you eventually discover that life itself is full of contradictions one best understand.

P.s. I'm still laughing at your Bible lying to you op. But I recognise it's not your fault but those who sold you the infantile stupid soul and mind destroying idea that you must 'believe' what you read in a book.

To understand what I mean, see here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by TVSA: 9:04am On May 25, 2019
this is only Genesis, you've not even gotten to conflicting accounts between Samuel and Chronicles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by marvrick: 10:32am On May 25, 2019
Actually I discovered these contradictions myself a long time ago. I knew that something was wrong but I guess I somehow rationalized it and even made excuses for them or perhaps I just wasn't comfortable criticizing "the book of my religion". But as I grew older and started facing reality of life, I just had to admit at least to myself that certain things were just not right.

The next thread is where I intend to show that Israel might not be Jacob after all. In short the Bible is full of impersonators! The characters depicted are impersonators of the real people e.g. Abraham, Sarai, Jacob, Daniel.

Godwilling I will post more discoveries in the nearby future.
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Mar 18, 2023
marvrick:
■ 1. The creation of Man: The Bible first says God created male and female simultaneously in Genesis 1:27 and then later says male was created first before the female in Genesis 2:21-23.
1. It is instead a lack of comprehension that leads many to conclude that Genesis 1 vs 27 means God created man and then did it again in Genesis 2 vs 21. Rather, all the writer does in Genesis 1 vs 27 is inform the reader that just as God created the animals male and females God also created humans males and females alike. The actual creation of humans takes place in Genesis 2 where the writer then telescopes down to reveal what really took place. undecided
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2023
When we come to your home so that you can ask such questions and get satisfying answers you won't give us any chance.
Well there is no single contradiction in the book it's you that's not ready to know what the Author has for you so those that believe the book is about their inheritance in the WILL are taking their time to read carefully, study diligently, meditate thoroughly and pray fervently to gain insight regarding everlasting blessings promised by the Author! smiley
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by MindHacker9009(m): 1:17am On Mar 18, 2023
Ephesians 6:5: Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Jesus Christ was invented by the Roman empire to control the minds of the people they ruled over to make them submissive remotely and it's still working till today.

This is why the Jews will not fall for the invented Jesus Christ.
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49am On Mar 18, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Ephesians 6:5: Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Jesus Christ was invented by the Roman empire to control the minds of the people they ruled over to make them submissive remotely and it's still working till today.

For rejecting Jesus Christ the Jews as a nation lost God's favour that's why their inheritance (Jerusalem) was taken away from them {Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38} and all their descendants scattered throughout the earth {Luke 11:23} never again will they be granted the privilege of coming together as they did after the fall of Babylon when they were all assembled back as the twelve tribes of Israel because God favoured them to see the fulfilment of the promise He made to their forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that promise is the seed of salvation which is Jesus Christ! Genesis 22:18 compare to Galatians 3:16
This is the stone which the builders rejected but has become the Chief Cornerstone {Psalms 118:22} this Jesus of Nazareth the Jews executed! Act 4:11

Never will the Jews or Israelites meet up with the achievements God set before those that became descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob through faith. God promised that those that will receive the everlasting blessings are to be recognized through the fulfilment of a prophecy written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated in the Bible book of Micah 4:1-3

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore!

This is the FRUIT of faith expected of Abraham's descendants {Matthew 7:16-18} sadly the nation of Israel can never ever achieve this because they rejected the Wonderful Counselor God sent to lead them into the fulfilment of this prophecy, that's why another nation of anointed brothers of Christ Jesus are fulfilling it globally today! John 1:11-12 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by budaatum: 3:53am On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The actual creation of humans takes place in Genesis 2 where the writer then telescopes down to reveal what really took place. undecided

What nonsense!

Hopefully most can read and understand they can either be Genesis 1 humans created to "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground” and eat every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food”; or Genesis 2 human who was put in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it" and "eat from any tree in the garden; but not from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die".

As for me, I'd rather be a Genesis 1 human. But if perchance I become Genesis 2 human, I'd rather eat the fruit and die than be ignorant naked stupid blind ignorant enslaved Adam!

And in case you all don't know, the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil does not kill. Ignorance does!

Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by budaatum: 3:56am On Mar 18, 2023
MindHacker9009:

The Jews don't fall for do "not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die" neither.

If they did, they'd stupid as fuq and not have nuclear power and definitely not ever be able to occupy the land they currently occupy.
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Mar 18, 2023
marvrick:
■The call of Terah/Abram: The Bible says Terah(Abraham's father) left Ur for Canaan. He took along his family(Abram, Haran, Nahor, Sarai and Lot) in Genesis 11:27-32. Remember that Haran died in Ur, Terah's native land and Terah died in Haran. I ask, who was called? Abram or Terah? In Genesis 12:1-4, the Bible says it was Abram that was called to leave his father's kindred, note that Abram was in Haran not Ur when God called him.
■ In Genesis 14:13, the Bible refers to Abram as a Hebrew. Why? How can he be Hebrew when he was originally from Ur of the Chaldees?
■In Genesis 16:16, the Bible says Abram was 86yrs old when Ishmael was born. Sarai was probably 77yrs.
■ In Genesis 17, the Bible says Abram became Abraham, was 99yrs old and too old to impregnate a female. Likewise Sarai became Sarah and she too was too old to conceive at 90yrs of age. They were both aged and sexually incapacitated. In this same chapter, Ishmael was the first to be promised 12 descendants who will be princes and they will be a great nation by God Himself. Ishmael was the first child of Abraham's to be circumsiced at age 13.
■ In Genesis 18:11-13, the Bible says both Abraham and Sarah were old and sexually incapable. Sarah herself was beyond menopause.
1. Abram didn't go back to Ur of Chaldees, back to his father's kindred after his father's death but instead continued on towards Canaan, after God's message came to Him. Surely, there is no lie there in the story. undecided

2. You mean to say that after spending so many years living in the land, He had no right to be referred to or called a Hebrew? undecided

3. OK? 86-year-old man no dey born pikin again?

4. So, my guess, is believability is more your issue here, and not that the story itself included some lie you want us to see, right? undecided
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by 43Ronin: 4:41am On Mar 18, 2023
Pls read the Lost Books of Enki and open your eyes. Sad to say but that book is more complete and accurate than the bible.
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Dtruthspeaker: 7:02am On Mar 18, 2023
43Ronin:
Pls read the Lost Books of Enki and open your eyes. Sad to say but that book is more complete and accurate than the bible.

For it to be complete means that the devils love it and it suits their purposes.

But everyone knows that Truth is always suppressed or covered but because it would always break out, therefore it would not always be complete
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by jaephoenix(m): 7:50am On Mar 18, 2023
marvrick:
I can understand why so many people esp Christians develop an emotional attachment to the Bible to the extent that they can pick a fight or curse anyone that tries to show how inconsistent the Bible actually is. Or it could be because they believe it is the oldest recorded account of human history and origins, and so are scared of the consequences of disbelieving it. For some it is the closest thing that shows them where they come from and so they are unwilling to discard it since no other source has adequately shown where humans came from.

But in all honesty the Bible is a book that contains a lot of craftily woven stories that often mislead its reader. In fact I think the Bible holds the record of being the only book that is able to tell lies and the reader accepts it as truth.

Yes, you heard me right. The Bible is a master at deception and telling lies. It does this by giving two accounts of the same story. I will endeavor to list out some of these lies found in the Bible stories.

1. The creation of Man: The Bible first says God created male and female simultaneously in Genesis 1:27 and then later says male was created first before the female in Genesis 2:21-23

2. The call of Terah/Abram: The Bible says Terah(Abraham's father) left Ur for Canaan. He took along his family(Abram, Haran, Nahor, Sarai and Lot) in Genesis 11:27-32. Remember that Haran died in Ur, Terah's native land and Terah died in Haran. I ask, who was called? Abram or Terah? In Genesis 12:1-4, the Bible says it was Abram that was called to leave his father's kindred, note that Abram was in Haran not Ur when God called him.

3. In Genesis 14:13, the Bible refers to Abram as a Hebrew. Why? How can he be Hebrew when he was originally from Ur of the Chaldees?

4. In Genesis 16:16, the Bible says Abram was 86yrs old when Ishmael was born. Sarai was probably 77yrs.

5. In Genesis 17, the Bible says Abram became Abraham, was 99yrs old and too old to impregnate a female. Likewise Sarai became Sarah and she too was too old to conceive at 90yrs of age. They were both aged and sexually incapacitated. In this same chapter, Ishmael was the first to be promised 12 descendants who will be princes and they will be a great nation by God Himself. Ishmael was the first child of Abraham's to be circumsiced at age 13.

6. In Genesis 18:11-13, the Bible says both Abraham and Sarah were old and sexually incapable. Sarah herself was beyond menopause.

7. In Genesis 20:1-18, the Bible says Abimelech, king of Gerar took aged Sarah from Abraham in order to sleep with her. I ask how can a whole king of a country desire to have sex with a very aged woman of about 90yrs. Remember that Sarah herself admitted that she was no longer desirable enough for sex in Genesis17.

8. In Genesis 21, Sarah once more confirms that both she and Abraham were very old and yet became parents to Isaac. This is the same woman the Bible told us was desired by a whole king Abimelech to the extent that he took her from her husband. In this same chapter, in verse17, the Bible says the angel of God heard the cry of the lad, Ishmael whereas it was Hagar that was crying because she had no more water. Was it her cry or Ishmael's that the angel heard?

9. In Genesis 22:2, the Bible says God commanded Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice. But note the words used by God. "Take Isaac, your only son whom you love". I ask, was Isaac Abraham's only son? Was Isaac the only one loved by Abraham? For me I would say Abraham wouldn't have easily agreed to sacrifice Isaac if indeed he was the only son he had. But knowing that Ishmael still lived, it was not too difficult to agree to the command. After all if Isaac died, there was still Ishmael. So it wasn't a test of faith at all.

10. In Genesis 24:1, the Bible says Abraham was very old, as he was about 136yrs old after the death of Sarah who died at age 127 yrs.

11. In Genesis 25:1, the Bible says Abraham who was already too old to have sex took another wife and she bore six more children for him. He then died at the age of 175! Can you imagine that? In Genesis 21, the Bible confirms that Abraham was too old to impregnate anyone yet here he is in Genesis 25 fathering 6 kids and living on till he died at 175yrs! If this is not a lie I wonder what is.

Though there remain lots of other instances where the Bible tells craftily woven tales, I will stop here for lack of time and will continue in a later thread. For now I just want you to go through these instances and ask yourself if the Bible has not been playing a fast one on its readers.
Dude, you just picked on Genesis alone? Have you gone through the 4 Gospels in the New Testament? That's a whole new confusion right there. Mind-boggling shit
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by jaephoenix(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is instead a lack of comprehension that leads many to conclude that Genesis 1 vs 27 means God created man and then did it again in Genesis 2 vs 21. Rather, all the writer does in Genesis 1 vs 27 is inform the reader that just as God created the animals male and females God also created humans males and females alike. The actual creation of humans takes place in Genesis 2 where the writer then telescopes down to reveal what really took place. undecided
You just keep on necrobumping your way
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by Johncuppa(m): 8:03am On Mar 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dude, you just picked on Genesis alone? Have you gone through the 4 Gospels in the New Testament? That's a whole new confusion right there. Mind-boggling shit
KJV:He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
KJV:For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
KJV:Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
KJV:And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
KJV:For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Re: The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories by jaephoenix(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2023
Johncuppa:

KJV:He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
KJV:For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
KJV:Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
KJV:And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
KJV:For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
In English, sire

(1) (Reply)

"I Scattered The Young Boys Nyash"---christian Church Leader Confesses / 43 Get Sick After Church Revival, 10 Test Positive For Coronavirus / Why It Could Be Dangerous For A Christian To Marry A Christian Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.