Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics (4028 Views)

K-peace Wins Nigerian Idol Season 5 / Nigerian Idol Season (4) Aspirants, Let's Meet Here. / Nigerian Idol Season 3: Final Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2010
Nigerian Idol REVEALED! Audu Maikori, Yinka Davies & Jeffrey Daniel are the judges with radio personality Yemisi ‘Misi’ Fajimolu as the host
Posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 at 8:37 PM

As Nigerian Idol is prepping to kick off, it has been revealed that Multitalented entertainer Yinka Davies, CEO of Chocolate City Audu Maikori and American dancer and singer Jeffery Daniel  will be judges for the first edition of Nigerian Idol.

These music enthusiasts tactically selected from different fields in the music industry will be responsible for judging and critiquing the performances of the contestants right from auditions to show proper. Apart from evaluating their performances they will also be advising them on how to make their performances better.

At a media launch held in Lagos early this week, CEO Optima Media Group Rotimi Pedro stated “Judging is a critical part of Idols, and as the format states, a record producer, Music director, Music Company executive, Vocal coach, casting director, Radio DJ, Songwriter, Music journalist or Artist Manager can be saddled with these duties, and that’s what we have done.

Idol judges since inception have been known to give accurate and sometimes stinging appraisals on the performances of the contestants; creating intrigues and drama for home entertainment, while helping the talents be the best they can be. In most cases, their evaluation of these performances has tilted public opinion. Most Nigerians are familiar with Idol Judges like Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson and Ellen DeGeneres. Usually Idols has three judges (as in the US version) or four (in the European version).

For the first time ever, Maikori, Daniel and Davies will take up positions as judges of Nigerian Idol and play their trusted role in commenting on the performances of this year’s contestants while helping the wannabes be the best they can be. The show will hosted by Yemisi Fajimolu (a.k.a Misi), an On Air personality with Beat 99.9FM. Nwoko continues “We are currently solidifying relationships with major television networks here and in other African countries, as well as inEurope and the United States. Music is a universal language, and we believe that Nigeria is a hub for music talent. With Nigerian Idol, we are dedicated to showing the world that we are ready to cross over into the international music scene. Nigerian Idol will produce the Next Big International Star from Nigeria’

Nigerian Idol will kick off with Auditions in Lagos, Abuja, Enugu and Calabar with Misi taking TV audiences through the show episode by episode. “I am so excited about this, it is a dream come true for me, and I can’t wait to start on this project” she says. Applications for Idols are available for talented singers between 16 and 28, after which a list of 50 contestants who will be given tasks to prove themselves as Nigeria’s singing Idol will be selected.
Audition first appeared on the official website www.nigerianidol.com on July 2, 2010
The programme will be sponsored by Etisalat.

There are so many music-centric reality TV shows on Nigerian TV right now. Are you looking forward to another one? With ‘Idol’ being the most globally recognizable brand, we have high hopes for the programme. We really hope they do something different.

Here are photos from the Nigerian Idol media presentation which took place earlier today in Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2010
The judges

Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2010
Our banner grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 27, 2010
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by shadrach77: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
this is ridiculous! when will nigerians learn to be innovative instead of copying the ideas of other people?
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Dsense(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
Make dey commence mo see wat dey have to present.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by oludashmi(f): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2010
shadrach77:

this is ridiculous! when will nigerians learn to be innovative instead of copying the ideas of other people?
I wonder oo.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Hardballer(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2010
meh its cool as long as one of them doesnt try to act like simon , that wld be undecided
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martinosi: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
GARBAGE!!! STOP COPYING UK & AMERICA.!!!!
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martinosi: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2010
ONE LAME NAIJA  JUDGE WILL COPY SIMON JUST U WATCH!!!
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by blinx4real(m): 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2010
jennykadry:

Nigerian Idol REVEALED! Audu Maikori, Yinka Davies & Jeffrey Daniel are the judges with radio personality Yemisi ‘Misi’ Fajimolu as the host
Posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Na wa for Naija, see as una don put Federal Character for Gameshow too!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Wetin man no go see for this country, anyways, Lets wait and see, hope they don't start forming Randy and Simon on the stage o
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martinosi: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2010
9JA WONDER WILL NEVER CEASE, LEAVE THE ZEROX MACHINE ALONE, !!!
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martinosi: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
ANY OPPORTUNITY TO *FORM* THAT 9JA IS THE GIANT OF AFRICA!!! LOL

THEY SHOULD GO AND REST, AND I BET U THE WINNERS WILL BE *CONNECTED*
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by manyathink(f): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
i smell a fish in this whole stuff ,when will they start to do WIFE SWAP or X-FACTOR or most eligible bachelor or even CLEAN HOUSE .e go make a lot of sense,copy copy cat
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by fender(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2010
Naijaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! We copy alot. Kai.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martinosi: 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
manyathink:

i smell a fish in this whole stuff ,when will they start to do WIFE SWAP or X-FACTOR or most eligible bachelor or even CLEAN HOUSE .e go make a lot of sense,copy copy cat

H[b]mmm "WIFE-SWAP"  CHINEKE!!! that programme will be
dangerous in Nigeria as the Husbands my start to get funny idea's!!! [/b]

As long as they do not use an Aristo for the programme things
may be fine *lol*
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by sessy2(f): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
martinosi:

H[b]mmm "WIFE-SWAP" CHINEKE!!! that programme will be

may be fine *lol*
grin tongue grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by jeffoski(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
Haba if u guys dont like it and feel we copy too much abeg bring una own original idea and stop critizing and finding fault which we are very gud at.like say e easy 2 cum up wit a perfect concept.it has not even started and u are killing it already.if una no like am den dont watch.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by kokoye(m): 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
There is nothing wrong with copying a good thing.

The U.S copied it from England but the US version is bigger so people may think it was originated from here. Canada and a host of others also have their version now and noone is complaining. Nigeria decides to do one now and tears are being shed.

what is wrong with my people . . low self-esteem I guess!!
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by kokoye(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
martinosi:

ONE LAME NAIJA  JUDGE WILL COPY SIMON JUST U WATCH!!!

You mean one Nigerian judge will be sincere  . . .what is wrong with that
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by scopusng(m): 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2010
Abeg, Idol na scam, All d promised wen dem promised TIMI Winner of West Africa Idol, all na story till today.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by martyns303(m): 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2010
Now, i have watched indian and S.African idol and both had a simon-attitude-look-alike. What am trying to say is if coming into a 'market' and there's already a recognized standard, then there's notin wrong in keeping up with what's already known. Now am not sayin that's hw it should be, its just my opinion, feel free 2 share urs. Am sure that's why we have phrase like 'brain storming'
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by 1102(m): 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
I WON LAST YEAR'S NIGERIAN IDOL AND I WAS PROMISED A RANGE ROVER SPORTS HSE

TILL NOW I NOR SEE THE TIRE FOR EYE!

THEY COULD ONLY AFFORD A YARIS FOR ME!
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by aieromon(m): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
All these talent shows in Africa that just make money off suckers and leave them flat with no concrete recording deals.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Ruq: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2010
Yinka Davies as a judge is "top notchly" stupid.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Ruq: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2010
Yinka Davies as a judge is "top notchly" stupid.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2010
Project fame i know, star quest i know. Nigerian idol who hath thou?
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by okeyxyz(m): 2:11am On Sep 28, 2010
shadrach77:

it's not copy. it's franchise. get it?
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by lolomau: 4:04am On Sep 28, 2010
simply photocopy
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 28, 2010
martinosi:

H[b]mmm "WIFE-SWAP"  CHINEKE!!! that programme will be

may be fine *lol*

The wife swap idea would be a fantastic ratings boost for naija TV. Our attitude alone would make it a jaw dropping show. grin
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by ravenzord(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
That Judge 1's dress. . . shocked undecided.
Re: Nigerian Idol About To Kick Off--naija No Dey Carry Last. With Pics by yunafa(f): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2010
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#770077][/color]NAIJA PIKINS, ABEG HELP ME BEG THE JUDGES DAT WE DO NOT WANT ANY ''SIMON COWELL'' OR ''ELLEN DEGENERES'' WANNA BE PLS PLS PLS!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will A Nollywood Movie Sell Without A Popular Face? / Hell Cat Producer, Actress Susan Jimah Stuns In New Birthday Pictures / Reign Tv Series Fan Page!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.