Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing (31595 Views)

EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Falling Naira: EFCC Raids Bureau De Change Firms / Fire Outbreak at Unity Bank head office [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 11:53am On May 25, 2019
All the telecom companies in Nigeria are yahoo companies...
You subscribe for 250mb at 25 naira and you get less than 200mb...may all of them be bankrupt in the name of Jesus...Amen
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Ayt27(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2019
AntiWailer:

Imagine.

Every investigation of corruption is always defended in several form.

Witch hunt

Leave yahoo boys

Etc.

No I never defended MTN or EFCC, if you have been following MTN's news you can put pieces together and make an assumption, either right or wrong.
1) MTN is a SA country that most Nigerians even though can't do without do not really care for.
2) MTN just came out of a heavy fine slammed against them.
3) MTN's next move even before the fine was settled out of court was to announce application for a banking license in Nigeria.
4) This shows MTN is really CASHING out in Nigeria
5) MTN decides to go public and it's shares becomes hotcake for investors/brokers to the point that the company becomes Naija's 2nd most valuable after 48hours.
6) EFCC goes after MTN's perceived fraud, barely a week after going public.

Tell me you may not on the off chance assume there is an underlying tone of witch hunt there.

NB: The telecommunications industry is the only thing that has fully worked in Nigeria, banking which should be second does not come close. IF MTN gets that banking license they will make banks buckle up in Nigeria. MTN paid their dues by investing long term and now they are reaping the benefits.

In the end AntiWailer we both know it's all about the moolah

2 Likes

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by einsteine(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2019
You forced them to list... they listed.

You also want to force them to sell shares?

Warren Buffett has never ever sold a single share of his company, Berkshire Hathaway. That's why the current share price is 304,540.00 USD per share.

EFCC, is as usual, trying to act like it is doing a good job. There is no single proof of wrong doing. They have not even stated what exactly MTN has done wrong.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by einsteine(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2019
AntiWailer:

Imagine.

Every investigation of corruption is always defended in several form.

Witch hunt

Leave yahoo boys

Etc.

This is a witchhunt.

Certain interests, have been focused on frustrating MTN out of the country, for a long while.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:02pm On May 25, 2019
Ayt27:

No I never defended MTN or EFCC, if you have been following MTN's news you can put pieces together and make an assumption, either right or wrong.
1) MTN is a SA country that most Nigerians even though can't do without do not really care for.
3) MTN's next move even before the fine was settled out of court was to announce application for a banking license in Nigeria.
5) MTN decides to go public and it's shares becomes hotcake for investors/brokers to the point that the company becomes Naija's 2nd most valuable after 48hours.

Tell me you may not on the off chance assume there is an underlying tone of witch hunt there.

NB: The telecommunications industry is the only thing that has fully worked in Nigeria, banking which should be second does not come close. IF MTN gets that banking license they will make banks buckle up in Nigeria. MTN paid their dues by investing long term and now they are reaping the benefits.

MTN NIGERIA MUST GO (MMG)... angry
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:03pm On May 25, 2019
einsteine:

This is a witchhunt.

Certain interests, have been focused on frustrating MTN out of the country, for a long while.
Call it whatever you like...
MTN MUST GO (MMG)... angry
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by TheAlchemist: 12:04pm On May 25, 2019
madridsta007:

I am not sure how much you BMCs are paid to lie about your own country. Is this how much you hate the country?

https://techpoint.africa/2018/04/16/foreign-investors-leaving/

Please go through that list in the link above and tell me which foriegn investor has "taken over" since those ones left.
I can bring more references for you.

Thanks for posting the link.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:05pm On May 25, 2019
einsteine:

Warren Buffett has never ever sold a single share of his company, Berkshire Hathaway. That's why the current share price is 304,540.00 USD per share.

EFCC, is as usual, trying to act like it is doing a good job. There is no single proof of wrong doing. They have not even stated what exactly MTN has done wrong.
MTN NIGERIA MUST GO (MMG)...
SAY NO TO YAHOO YAHOO COMPANY...
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:05pm On May 25, 2019
einsteine:

MTN NIGERIA MUST GO (MMG)...
SAY NO TO YAHOO YAHOO COMPANY... angry
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by einsteine(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:

Sure and their 32,000 full time employees suffer the fall out. Go and ask erstwhile Etisalat staff. Reduced salaries for those not sacked, etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by TheAlchemist: 12:08pm On May 25, 2019
Ayt27:

competition can only help the economy, why telecom firms are being prevented by our greedy banking czar to operate within the financial system unhindered is another food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:11pm On May 25, 2019
einsteine:

Sure and their 32,000 full time employees suffer the fall out. Go and ask erstwhile Etisalat staff. Reduced salaries for those not sacked, etc etc.

Those so called employees were helping the fraudulent company to fleece Nigerians...The employees are not patriotic and loyal to Nigerians...So what goes around comes around...they are all fraudsters...
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:13pm On May 25, 2019
MTN MUST GO(MMG)... angry
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by AntiWailer: 12:16pm On May 25, 2019
frankyychiji:
You attacked him first nau. Anyway...let it ride.

"
Is NCC a financial crime commission ?

Or you don't know the full meaning of EFCC ?"

Is this the attack that warranted "Mumu" comment ?

Please stop dabbling into what you know nothing about.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:26pm On May 25, 2019
MTN NIGERIA HATES NIGERIANS...
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by ClearFlair: 12:35pm On May 25, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
Efcc doing another person's work. thought NCC existed because of checkmating the discrepancy among all these networks companies?

storming a company without petition from the NCC is something that makes sense at all?

NCC exists for financial crimes? You people just like posting rubbish because of your hatred for Buhari. By 2023 many people will be stupid beyond words. cheesy
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by lexy2014: 12:41pm On May 25, 2019
willibounce1:

What if NCC is trying to cover up? I don't think they will just wake up one morning and decide to storm MTN if they do not have genuine and proper reason to do so.

A lot of people like to cheat in this country especially the elites who believe they have the power to get anything they want.

NCC has no hand in what happens in d capital market on behalf of MTN. NCCs job is to regulate d operations of telcom companies. Therefore it has little or nothing 2do with NCC
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by jaxxy(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2019
abbaapple:
angry

This fella comment comes to mind! God bless you sir! Read below.......

Copied***

Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

Funny enough my instinct already told me smtn like this was playing out. I have seen Mtn as jackals who don’t want to invest and share their profits with Nigeria. Just look at their H/o for crying out loud. They have kept their investments here light.

Immediately I heard of the ipo I was like Mtn that never wanted to go public b4? Now what to give Nigerians dividends? Not happening this must be an exit strategy and a good one because they never like to loose and after they the humongous fine they will want to get their money back smhow.

On the side Sm people have already cashed out big from the shares trust me. From 90 to 149 Naira is almost double. There are many quick gainers and anybody buy now at 140 is a looser cos the shares have probably peaked and falling. EFCC want to find curtail funny play with the shares due to its stunning performance at the stock market.

The banks also are on standby watching and wait for their most likely takeover. I saw this coming in way.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 12:51pm On May 25, 2019
jaxxy:

Funny enough my instinct already told me smtn like this was playing out. I have seen Mtn as jackals who don’t want to invest and share their profits with Nigeria. Just look at their H/o for crying out loud. They have kept their investments here light.

Immediately I heard of the ipo I was like Mtn that never wanted to go public b4? Now what to give Nigerians dividends? Not happening this must be an exit strategy and a good one because they never like to loose and after they the humongous fine they will want to get their money back smhow.

On the side Sm people have already cashed out big from the shares trust me. From 90 to 149 Naira is almost double. There are many quick gainers and anybody buy now at 140 is a looser cos the shares have probably peaked and falling. EFCC want to find curtail funny play with the shares due to its stunning performance at the stock market.

The banks also are on standby watching and wait for their most likely takeover. I saw this coming in way.
All I know is MMG
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Mboi: 1:02pm On May 25, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:

Why not go and chase them away. It's like there's someone you know that is working with MTN and the person is doing well and you're jealous. Go and drink sniper, that the food for your likes.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by alohman(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2019
When are they Going to raid cattle markets in the country.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Masterppower: 1:10pm On May 25, 2019
oshe11:
They should Destroy MTN in any way POSSIBLE

Why not glo?

Glo that steal peoples credit without minding efcc.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by RTSC: 1:10pm On May 25, 2019
It seems most people here have not watched "billions".
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by oshe11: 1:11pm On May 25, 2019
Masterppower:

Why not glo?

Glo that steal peoples credit without minding efcc.
Because I don't use GLO
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Lifestone(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
Efcc doing another person's work. thought NCC existed because of checkmating the discrepancy among all these networks companies?

storming a company without petition from the NCC is something that makes sense at all?
You mean SEC (Security and Exchange Commission)
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Banter1(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
and efcc is the jesus of Nigeria I guess..
you have shown you have no respect for CHRIST. why bring Christ into this? Wont respond to you anymore.
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 1:15pm On May 25, 2019
Mboi:

Why not go and chase them away. It's like there's someone you know that is working with MTN and the person is doing well and you're jealous. Go and drink sniper, that the food for your likes.

Your opinion does nothing to me.... grin
Please make sure you write correctly in a public forum to avoid embarrassing yourself and looking like a stark nincompoop... angry
Hope you did not use MTN TORCHLIGHT MOBILE PHONE to type this?
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 1:20pm On May 25, 2019
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Tomide007: 1:35pm On May 25, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

Ncc handles financial crimes....ncc makes regulations with regards to operatinos .in short technical aspect, efcc is for financial crimes, if ncc notices something suspicious they'll invite efcc
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2019
Banter1:
you have shown you have no respect for CHRIST. why bring Christ into this? Wont respond to you anymore.
ode Mani eleyi sha... See crusader of Christ... I wonder what u would have done if u were the neighbor of gabriel Jesus parents..

U people fight for who is more righteous and build gargantuan edifices to worship ur various gods/God.. But yet u lots are far from being righteous... Argue all u can and try to justify ur ignorance I have no time for fanatics..
Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by jackals(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2019
jaxxy:

Must you mention me ? Cant't someone rest again on a suturday afternoon

1 Like

Re: Efcc Raids Mtn Nigeria Head Office Over Share Listing by GodisGreat4vr: 1:44pm On May 25, 2019
Mboi:

You shall witness your children drink sniper, your children shall witness their children drink sniper, your children's children shall witness their children drink sniper and this shall continue until your fifth generation in the name of my Lord Yahweh Sabaoth...Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Engages Daughter In #TEFChallenge (Video) / Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank / Hilarious Phone Call Between A 419 Scammer And A Woman(audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.