Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... - Crime (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... (3085243 Views)

"New Generational" Aye Cult Member Addresses His Colleagues In A Viral Video / Ikorodu Cult Group Kills A Rival Cult Member (Disturbing Video) / My Story As A Cult Member, Initiation Phase Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Chris525: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
This is so on point. My first gf in uni left me cus I drank & clubbed. She needed someone who's close to God. All I did was spend my money on her, respect her wish to remain a virgin till marriage, never cheated.

She got with a fellowship pastor after that, went through abortions & humilations with him. He ruined her psychologically. I dont think she fully recovered till this day.

enthronedbyGod1:

That particular story also got to me, but when you critically analyse it, you'll know it's quite possible.

There are so many self acclaimed pastors who aren't really pastors, but are just out there deceiving the gullible. carrying a Bible and going to preach up and down doesn't really make one a pastor.

There are loads of student pastors who sleep with their fellowship sisters on daily basis, will you call such people pastors?

When you hear of what pastors in campus fellowships are doing, you'll be shocked.

7 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
Eleven years ago, on a bitter January night, dozens of young men, dressed in a uniform of black berets, white T-­shirts, and black pants, gathered on a hill overlooking the Nigerian city of Jos, shouting, dancing, and shooting guns into the black sky. A drummer pounded a rhythmic beat. Amid the roiling crowd, five men crawled toward a candlelit dais, where a white-robed priest stood holding an axe. Leading them was John,1 a sophomore at the local college, powerfully built and baby-faced. Over the past six hours, he had been beaten and burned, trampled and taunted. He was exhausted. John looked out at the landscape beyond the priest. It was the harmattan season, when Saharan sand blots out the sky, and the city lights in the distance blurred in John’s eyes as if he were underwater.

John had been raised by a single mother in Kaduna, a hardscrabble city in Nigeria’s arid north. She’d worked all hours as a construction supplier, but the family still struggled to get by. Her three boys were left alone for long stretches, and they killed time hunting at a nearby lake while listening to American rap.

At seventeen, John had enrolled at the University of Jos to study business. Four hours southeast of his native Kaduna, Jos was another world, temperate and green. John’s mother sent him an allowance, and he made cash on the side rearing guard dogs for sale in Port Harcourt, the perilous capital of Nigeria’s oil industry. But it wasn’t much. John’s older brother, also studying in Jos, hung around with a group of Axemen—members of the fraternity—who partied hard and bought drugs and cars. Local media reported a flood of crimes that Axemen had allegedly committed, but his brother’s friends promised John that, were he to join the group, he wouldn’t be forced into anything illegal. He could just come to the parties, help out at the odd charity drive, and enjoy himself. It was up to him. John knew that the was into some “risky” stuff. But he thought it was worth it. Axemen were treated with respect and had connections to important people. Without a network, John’s chances of getting a good job post-­degree were almost nil.

In his second year, he decided to join, or “bam.” On the day of the initiation, John was given a shopping list: candles, bug spray, a kola nut (a caffeinated nut native to West Africa), razor blades, and 10,000 Nigerian naira (around thirty dollars)—his bamming fee. He carried it all to the top of the hill. Once night fell, Axemen made John and the other Nine initiates lie on their stomachs in the dirt, pressed toge­ther shoulder to shoulder, and hurled insults at them. They reeked like goats, some Axemen screamed. Others lashed them with sticks, cutlass. Each Axeman walked over their backs four times. Somebody lit the bug spray on fire, and ran the flames across them, “burning that goat stink from us,” John recalled.

When the spray was spent, the initiates formed two lines and crawled towards the dais. As John knelt, eyes shut, the priest uttered an oath and slapped him, signaling his purification. The priest placed the axe on his head and gave him his “strong name,” that of a famous African freedom fighter. John’s was Patrice Lumumba, after the Congolese politician murdered in 1961. Others knelt and were named, too: Marcus Garvey, Muammar Qaddafi, Usman dan Fodio, and Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o. When the Nine were done, they rose to their feet. The mob cried: A cry for one is a cry for all.

The reply: Aiye!

The men who had tormented John for hours now embraced him. They passed him a cup of Kokoma, a strong, weed-­infused punch. John was exhilarated, and drunk. He was an Axeman.

On July 7, 1977, nine students at the University of Benin, on the edge of the oil-­rich Niger Delta, founded the N.B.M.’s first chapter. They pledged to purge Africa of racism and oppression and to promote research into traditional culture, including juju, a religion based on spiritual contagion through physical contact, whose practitioners imbue objects with divine power. The nine students called their philosophy “Neo-Blackism.” “Our organization was going to be the vanguard in the move to create a new black nation,” wrote one of the N.B.M. co­founders. “We were to see ourselves as leaders of all black men world-­wide.”

On July 10, 1999, at four in the morning, forty masked Axemen burst into a dorm at Obafemi Awo­lowo University, in the city of Ile-­Ife. Using shotguns and hatchets, they massacred five student-union leaders who had protested against cults. Another three died later from their injuries. Investigators never discovered who ordered the slaughter, though some of those arrested allegedly confessed ties to the university’s vice-chancellor, who had blocked attempts to expel cults. The crime shocked and disgusted Nigeria: in less than two decades, the fraternities had come to embody the kind of oppression they once sought to resist.

By the time John bammed, crime was already endemic to the . Back then, he told me, there were around four hundred Axemen in Jos, led by an elected chairman and priest, both current students. Those below them were sorted into three groups: eyes, criers, and butchers. Eyes kept watch for police raids at initiations and other gatherings. Criers publicized events and proselytized principles in flyers or emails. Butchers were enforcers. They punished transgressions of the N.B.M. code of conduct but also fought rival cults, the most powerful of which, in Jos, was called the Vikings. John’s calm demeanor and youthful looks, he told me, inclined leadership to make him an eye.

John quickly became friends with a clique of Axemen from Enugu, a city in southern Nigeria, who taught him the basics of advance-­fee fraud, known in Nigeria as a 419 scam for its place in the nation’s criminal code. Scammers are often called Yahoo Boys for the email service they tend to favor. Many of them are male university undergrads. They score cash from email recipients by posing as a variety of characters including attorneys, soccer talent scouts, or widows in possession of huge estates. (In 2013 the world lost an estimated $12.7 billion to 419 scams.)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
John’s scheme was to pose as the owner of a lottery, offering lucrative prizes in return for a few bank details. He camped out at the internet café of a seminary near his home, spending long afternoons sending thousands of messages to potential marks. He was good at it. By the end of his sophomore year, John owned a large sneaker collection and a Mercedes that he drove home between semesters. The profits were his: the only money John paid to the was the roughly 10,000 naira in dues, collected each semester. John’s twin brother grew suspicious. “The money my mom was sending at that time—there was no way in hell he would have a car,” he told me. “It just didn’t make any sense.”

On Saturdays, the Axemen of Jos often gathered at the soccer field of a government school, nestled among junkyards on the city’s northern limit, for a meeting called Point One. Typically the time was spent planning parties, airing grievances, or discussing beefs with rival cults. As an eye, John stood beside the touchline, watching for danger. One weekend in his first year, some nearby farmers began complaining about the commotion. John feared that one of them would call the cops, and he quickly told the chairman to order everybody out.

The Axemen, most of whom were carrying guns, dashed away to a small bar called Last Bus Stop, a local stronghold among market stalls in the city center. Minutes later a van rolled up to the field, packed with heavily armed police officers. Back at Last Bus Stop, everyone cheered and thanked John for engineering their escape. “I got a lot of props for that,” he told me. John was soon made chief eye, answerable only to the chairman and the priest. “I did really well in that post,” he added, proudly.

he new role placed him under greater scrutiny. Axemen fought ­daily with other cults. John was determined not to fall behind in his studies, but the campus was a conflict zone: he avoided traveling alone between lectures and had recurring dreams of rival cultists bursting into an exam hall and stabbing him to death. He retreated further into running 419 scams.

Some Axemen thrived in the mayhem. George was one of them, a “fun guy” from a town not far from Kaduna. George had charisma and style, and by his third year he’d become the zonal chairman—“the big man,” John told me. George was a skillful robber, too; he bought a car, a house, and a store with his loot. He and John got on well, but to others George was menacing. He could be “smiling, and cut you at the same time,” John said.

One night, John told me, cops cornered George and two others at a student dorm. John received a message from a fellow Axeman soon after and began calling members in the zone who worked as lawyers. But the cops allegedly took the three young men into the street and shot them all. The next morning, everybody gathered at Last Bus Stop to debrief. Some Axemen were already planning to “go vigilante”—to launch a revenge attack.

John grieved. He was terrified. He bought an arsenal of guns and imagined ways out of the . He knew only two: violent death and deaxeation, which required slicing off his right thumb, an escalation of a initiation ritual in which the thumb is merely cut. John had never heard of it happening in Jos, but he told me he’d seen one-thumbed former Axemen in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
John decided to lie low. Despite his plummeting grades, he graduated in 2011. But around that time Nigeria’s Drug Law Enforcement Agency raided his home three times. The first raid turned up nothing. During the second, the cops found drugs and issued a warrant for John’s arrest but did not pursue him. When the police came a third time, in 2012, John again was not home, but his housemates were jailed for three months on armed robbery charges. John decided it was too dangerous for him to stay in Jos. The day after that raid, he drove his Mercedes back to Ka­duna.

In October 2017, in Amsterdam, I met a financial crimes expert who blogs about the under the pseudonym Uche Tobias. It took me several months to earn his trust: we first exchanged text messages, then calls, then we met in another part of Western Europe before agreeing to meet in the Dutch capital. Tobias is amiable in person, if highly guarded, and chain-­smokes roll-­up cigarettes. As we sat in the restaurant of a small hotel overlooking Amsterdam’s red-­light district, Tobias showed me dozens of emails and documents he has gathered since 2011 that expose the movement’s global network of fraud.

Tobias has employed a number of methods to get information, the most successful of which has been to re­register Yahoo email accounts that members have recently stopped using, allowing him to pass as an Axeman. At first, Tobias’s interest in the group was professional. Soon, he recalled in a written message (Tobias would only go on record via email), he realized he was seeing “an international apparatus of fraud and money laundering on a truly industrial scale. It was fascinating.” By 2013, Tobias blogged regularly about his discoveries in a tone that veered from anxious to mocking: he often called members “Assmen,” parodying the homophobia he encountered among them. His work has earned him thousands of death threats.

After we met, Tobias sent me a selection of early files, most of which dated from around 2012. Some were boilerplate 419s. Others were more elaborate scams, including one in which somebody calling himself “Arata Kazuo,” alternately from Tokyo and Osaka, stole over $37,000 from a man in northern En­gland. Scammers generally choose targets in rich nations, and the addresses of potential marks in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany filled dozens of spreadsheet pages.

Police in Canada have learned more about how the network operates by investigating so-­called romance scams, in which bogus admirers charm elderly women into sending them cash, the value of which can reach seven figures. (Romance scams cost Canadians $17 million in 2018 alone.) They discovered that N.B.M. zones keep directories of each member’s strong name and location and the year that he bammed, which, they say, allows would-­be criminals to commit large, multi­national frauds.

Let’s say you initiate a scam in Montreal and reach out to members in your zone for somebody who is francophone to pose as a U.N., military, or government official to convince the target that their new suitor is in trouble and needs money. The zone replies: Lord Qaddafi in Chad Zone, who bammed in 2005, is great at romance scams. You connect. The scam is successful. The target sends $1,000,000 via a remittance firm. Now you need to launder the ­money. You reach out again. Somebody puts forward Lord Marcus Garvey in Dubai Zone. You connect. The money is received. Now it must be deposited in a bank in a country where regulation is scant. Lord Desmond Tutu has access to bank accounts in Shanghai Zone and receives the money from Dubai. Before the target realizes, the money has traveled across the world. Then it can be distributed among the members, each one taking home a percentage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Few Nigerians dare cross the . In 2017, Chief Okoi Obono-­Obla, a lawyer and aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, who returned to power in 2015, risked his life to do so. That summer, Obono-­Obla discovered that his twenty-­three-­year-­old nephew, Jude Iroegbu, a lively young man who hoped to join the Nigerian Air Force, had become a member of the Vikings. Alarmed, Obono-­Obla and around two dozen members of his extended family met at Iroegbu’s parents’ home in Ugep, a town in the Niger Delta state of Cross River. The relatives demanded that Iroegbu renounce his cult membership. He agreed.

A few days later, however, Axemen allegedly surrounded Iroegbu on a red-­dirt road outside the palace of the Obol Lopon, Ugep’s traditional king. They hacked him to the ground with machetes and knives. As Iroegbu lay bleeding in the mud, one of the men shot him in the chest.

On a balmy evening last February, I met Obono-­Obla at a bar in Abuja, where we spoke over a soundtrack of funky house. He speaks hurriedly and has an intense look, as if staring over your shoulder at a burning building. A few days after Iroegbu’s murder, Obono-­Obla wrote an open letter to the state’s governor, Ben Ayade, accusing more than twenty Axemen he had identified, via informants and social media, of the murder. Obono-­Obla urged Ayade to launch an investigation into the killing.

Several of the suspects were arrested, but Obono-­Obla told me the problem goes far beyond what happened to his nephew. On January 1, 2018, he organized an anti-­cult march in Calabar, Cross River’s capital city. Five thousand people participated, waving placards that read say no to cultism; say no to violence.

Obono-­Obla’s high status offered protection, but he still received death threats. As we spoke, he switched hurriedly between three cell phones, showing text messages to me. “I will deal with you,” read one. I asked Obono-­Obla how the could be stopped. He was unsure. Cults operate as a “state within a state,” he told me, just like America’s old mobs: “They can always buy their way. They can bribe the police, so people are not willing to come out and give evidence or testify against them.” Fighting police and judicial corruption could stem some bloodshed, Obono-­Obla told me. Until then, Nigeria can expect many more men like Iroegbu to die young.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pascopele: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
Corruption is widespread in modern Nigeria, and brazen: when asked why $100,000 disappeared from state coffers last year, one employee of a government education authority claimed a snake had eaten it. Unemployment is at 23 percent. Radio advertisements beg women not to have more children, as the state fumbles for solutions to a population boom set to make Nigeria the world’s third largest country by 2050.

Educated young people often find that no opportunities await them upon graduation. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s five richest men have enough money to end extreme poverty altogether, in a country where 112 million people live below the poverty line. Politicians often live like feudal overlords, traveling in a style that even Mansa Musa would envy. Amid such inequality, the get-­rich-­quick call of the cults is powerful. Nigerians have fallen into a “lotto culture,” said Sowore. “You keep playing until you win. But you never will.”

Felix Kupa, the new head of N.B.M., has striven to show a softer, more beneficent side of the organization. (Kupa declined to be interviewed for this story.) He has launched programs promoting resettlement for refugees and legal aid for prisoners. A $1.38 million vocational center is being planned for Benin City, where young Nigerians will be able to learn trades and leadership skills, and educate themselves in African history.

With the help of elders such as Amadasu, Kupa is also working to log every N.B.M. member in a database, including personal details and fingerprints. Since last May, the movement has worked with a Lagos consultancy to develop an app with which it can track personal information. “If you are not willing to share your details with us, or with the authorities around the world, that means there is something criminal about you,” Melvin Richmond told me. It is unclear when the project will be completed.

Before I left Nigeria, I met John a second time, at an upscale café in a modern neighborhood on the edge of Lagos. It was hot and windy, and great clouds of construction dust whipped across the street outside. Beyond the café sat the old skyscrapers of Lagos Island, cloaked in smog and harmattan sand. John was dressed in black-­and-­yellow athletic gear and wore his hair in tight braids. He spoke louder and with more confidence than the first time we had met. He told me he could never fully leave the , but at least in Lagos he could step back, and slip seamlessly into the city’s sulfur-­choked bedlam. He lives on its perimeter with a girlfriend and works as a supplier for his mother’s construction company. He had begun teaching prisoners the dangers of cultism.
https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/the--nigeria-neo-black-movement-africa/

3 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by hustla(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
Pascopele:
Corruption is widespread in modern Nigeria, and brazen: when asked why $100,000 disappeared from state coffers last year, one employee of a government education authority claimed a snake had eaten it. Unemployment is at 23 percent. Radio advertisements beg women not to have more children, as the state fumbles for solutions to a population boom set to make Nigeria the world’s third largest country by 2050.

Educated young people often find that no opportunities await them upon graduation. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s five richest men have enough money to end extreme poverty altogether, in a country where 112 million people live below the poverty line. Politicians often live like feudal overlords, traveling in a style that even Mansa Musa would envy. Amid such inequality, the get-­rich-­quick call of the cults is powerful. Nigerians have fallen into a “lotto culture,” said Sowore. “You keep playing until you win. But you never will.”

Felix Kupa, the new head of N.B.M., has striven to show a softer, more beneficent side of the organization. (Kupa declined to be interviewed for this story.) He has launched programs promoting resettlement for refugees and legal aid for prisoners. A $1.38 million vocational center is being planned for Benin City, where young Nigerians will be able to learn trades and leadership skills, and educate themselves in African history.

With the help of elders such as Amadasu, Kupa is also working to log every N.B.M. member in a database, including personal details and fingerprints. Since last May, the movement has worked with a Lagos consultancy to develop an app with which it can track personal information. “If you are not willing to share your details with us, or with the authorities around the world, that means there is something criminal about you,” Melvin Richmond told me. It is unclear when the project will be completed.

Before I left Nigeria, I met John a second time, at an upscale café in a modern neighborhood on the edge of Lagos. It was hot and windy, and great clouds of construction dust whipped across the street outside. Beyond the café sat the old skyscrapers of Lagos Island, cloaked in smog and harmattan sand. John was dressed in black-­and-­yellow athletic gear and wore his hair in tight braids. He spoke louder and with more confidence than the first time we had met. He told me he could never fully leave the , but at least in Lagos he could step back, and slip seamlessly into the city’s sulfur-­choked bedlam. He lives on its perimeter with a girlfriend and works as a supplier for his mother’s construction company. He had begun teaching prisoners the dangers of cultism.
https://harpers.org/archive/2019/09/the--nigeria-neo-black-movement-africa/

wink
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by QuinModah(f): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
OBelz:
Becoming one of the members of such group, you will need to go through a certain procedure for new-comers, which implies VIRGINITY loss (with the presence of other members of the clan), cutting of thumbs, cooking a kind of a soup with the blood from these parts of the body and then drinking such a beverage. During an initiation ceremony, the eyes of the initiate are expected to be closed while sonic incantations are recited. The new entrants are made to drink some concoctions mixed with blood.

Prospective cult members must demonstrate the ability to use weapons, while ability to consume alcohol, use drugs & being a lesbian is are added advantages, wearing of provocative dresses that accentuate natural curves and contours is almost a must. They must also be able to display unusual bravado during altercations with uninitiated female students. Most female cultist must be a smoker of marijuana and all brands of cigarettes, she must be able to consume all kinds of alcohol. To guarantee her acceptance, she must pass the test stated above.
After you have become a member of this group, you can’t leave it unless you are dead or you come under protection of more stronger clan. . For the female cultists, their initiation may include being forced to engage in some immoral activities. Among the Jezebels and Amazons for example, new entrants may be made to undergo six rounds of rigorous intercourse in quick successions. They may also be made to fight with other girls. In my own case I fought with Jane and I really injured her. She still has the scars till date. Please, Jane if you reading forgive me. You are expected to move around in groups of four or five as a means of protecting themselves against possible sexual harassment. After initiation new members are taught to communicate with other members in coded language.
This is based on a true life story told by the cultist. Names have been changed to hide the identity of the students

Akudo wants to come out but they won’t let her. The last time she told them she was leaving, they threatened to deal with her. What she did not expect them to do was to wait at the gate of her school after school hours to attack her in broad day light. She was assaulted by Vipers, a group she belonged to where she had been a member of the Vice Queen, the female arm of the gang. The group is dominant in Asaba, Delta State. Akudo is 15-years-old.

A crumpled note was dumped on Dumebi’s lap. By the time she looked up, she could not tell who had dropped it on her lap. She asked her classmates sitting close by, but they too did not have a good glimpse of who did it. The class was rowdy. It was break time. Dumebi uncrumples the note. The first lines made her blood run cold, she broke into a sweat, her heartrate spiked. It was a letter, addressed to her. It was a threat. She jolted from her seat and headed straight to the school Counsellor’s office. She’s only 13 years and didn’t know how to handle this sort of matter. It was a message from a gang who saw themselves as ‘cultists’. Their name, Red Devil Girls evoke fear. She had been ‘bammed’ code name for marked.

Later that day when she got home, her mother impressed upon her not to go back to school the following day, a Friday. She was scared. Dumebi stayed back. Sometime in the afternoon on Friday, Dumebi went to the market at Ogbogonogo on an errand. A ‘spotter’ for the gang, known as Shedrach, surrounded by 7 girls pointed at Dumebi. That Friday after school hours, the threat was carried out opposite Ogbilo Junction where Dumebi was waylaid by the 7 students dressed in mufti, who had gone after a ‘flight’, their code name for new recruit. They beat her up and left her bruised in the midst of confused onlookers. When the news of the attack got to Dumebi’s brother-in-law, he was livid.

On Monday the following week, Dumebi and her brother-in-law went to the Police A-Division not too far from the market to report the case to the Anti-Cult office. Now they sit at the counsellor’s office waiting for the proper protocol before the next action is taken against the perpetrators.

Millicent wore a smirk on her face. It was a cunning expression borne from a certain confidence she feels she possesses – the thought that she can outsmart her teachers, folks, and school students alike.

At 15, She stands erect, and tells the Counsellor that she has denounced her membership from Tibi. She had been the ‘Queen’ of F-Tibi (Future Tibi, the female arm of the gang), at the top of the authority hierarchy.

Akudo, Dumebi and Millicent attend the same school. They are amongst the disturbing growing number of girls faced with a social dilemma fast becoming pervasive in secondary schools in Delta State: the pressure to belong or be forced to join a group often termed a gang or secret cult.

In this school, a mixed secondary school for junior and secondary school students, at least 10 such groups exist according to the list I was shown collated by the principal of the school. Of these number, two distinct gangs have dominant control inside the goings-on in the school while the other eight co-existing within the school have strong external influence from outside that manages their activities within.

According to the principal, members of the group who control activities within the school are known as ‘coordinators’ and those managing the structure of the gang are called ‘leaders’. While Dumebi cannot understand why she was chosen, Akudo was already tired of being a member of the group, whereas Millicent pretended to denounce when in reality, her goal was to jump from one group to another to recruit fresh girls to join another group known as Devils Girl. She was the mastermind behind the recruitment of Dumebi. She had thought Dumebi was a weak easy target because she had that docile pliable look that wreaked of fear. But she was surprised to discover behind that face was a quick intelligent mind. She is not pleased as she sits at the Counsellor’s office hating the feeling of being outsmarted.

The name ‘Hannah’ written on the letter is a fictitious name. It was written by another student, a boy, code name Shedrach who is also part of the secret-cult. Millicent is a serial-group hopper. She knows the game and plays the rule to suit her needs. In every group she joins, her trump card is to ensure she has as many friends within who can stand for her, vouch for her. Her singular goal is to be become the ‘Queen’ of the female arm of any gang group she chooses to join. That way she has control over the rules and the people who make the rules. Being a queen, she can control, intimidate, ‘obtain’, code name for stealing, harass or determine the fate of any girl through ‘flight’ or ‘nooting’ in exchange for other favours.

Recruitment fees (otherwise known as ‘submit’) of up to N3,500 are paid to her aside weekly and monthly dues. Included in being in this position is the pecks of having boys who can fight for her should the need arise.

According to Millicent, there over 6 female gangs in Asaba alone, many others unknown. These 6 are the most dominant groups, many of them were created as the female arm of existing male-dominated gangs and secret-cults: TG Girls (Trigger Girls), Vice Queen (Vipers), F-Tibi (Future Tibi), Red Devils, Bad Dragon, and JVC. The notorious three on this list are: JVC, Vipers and TG.

They all use the same spot for ‘initiation’, a neglected thick bush area within the premises of SPC (St. Patrick’s Church) and other selected bushy areas, hideouts, and uncompleted buildings scattered all over town or in abandoned school blocks. Within Millicent’s school alone, many of these groups co-exists, each running their gangs independent of the others. There’s an aggressive drive for ‘flight’ or ‘bamming’ for recruitment of boys and girls. Millicent informs me that new recruits have recently joined different gangs, many of them mostly operating in public schools (she mentions 3 other popular public schools in Asaba).

Dues for new recruits have gone up from N2,000 to N4,000 or N5,000 depending on the gang, while weekly dues, post recruitment, is been reviewed from N200 and N400 to more. Teachers interviewed mentioned a number of other public schools in Asaba were secret-cult gangsterism is prominent. According to another principal from Ugbolu community, on the average, each gang has as few as 4 members or more, with some as many as a 100. Private schools are also facing similar invasion.

Millicent joined Tibi when she was in JSS 2, age 13. A male friend of hers in the same school had slyly introduced her to the group a year earlier in JSS 1. She had been drawn to their unique patois of speaking (a distorted lingo of Pidgin English), the songs they sing during orientation, slangs and code words they use, how they rap, the kind of fun they have and how one day she too would be called ‘Omo Girl’ just like he’s called ‘Omo Boy’ within the gang. On the day of carrying out the ‘mission’, code name for initiation or oath swearing, Millicent paid N2,000 for registration dues including other items specified for the rites. It was the same amount she paid a few months ago to be ‘disfeathered’, code name for denounce, from the group. But all of this is a façade; she’s like a double rogue agent who switches side. She claims to have rejected an offer to be ‘queen’ from JVC to join ‘Whitey’, (known to the general public as White Angel, the female arm of Junior Vikings Confraternity). Only time will reveal.

When Akudo decided to join her gang two and half years ago, three choices were placed before her: be flogged, be ‘nooted’ or pay a fee of N3,500. She chose to be nooted. That day 10 boys had sex with her. In school Akudo is known as the girl who has had sex with the most number of boys. She’s also known to sleep around. Twelve boys in her gang recently denounced and she had hoped to do the same. But the backlash she experienced when she attempted to has made her frightened and powerless. Due to uncontrolled interruption from gang activities, Akudo failed in her last exam. She would have to reseat. But like the rest of their members who often change school when they fail exams, Akudo has chosen to stay away from school.

The temptation is very high for girls who experience strong sexual impulse, even though they may not have had sex, or for girls who are very curious about sex. For these category of girls, if an offer presents itself, they chance of falling for it is very high. Two case examples thought to be rape turned out to be consensual acts following further investigation. One happened inside an abandoned school block during school hours where a student boy had it with a student girl in the presence of a second boy who stood watching. The other happened in SPC by a girl’s boyfriend in the presence of other boys. All of them were school mates. Often the girls are given drugs or under the influence of alcohol when such gang sex (a euphemism for rape) takes place during initiation rites. The girls are therefore exposed to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), pelvic inflammatory diseases, exposure to various drug dependency habits, anti-social behaviours, post traumatic stress disorders, physical and emotional abuse.

These pointers shows that when harassment, bullying, assault and intimidation goes unchecked within the home and in schools, it gives birth to the desire to seek protection from the attacker, bullies, perpetrators or environment that promotes it. This in turn creates the need for the attacked to seek protection from outside themselves that leads to having, and forming a group, or joining one that protects the attacked and their interests.
Often students who are lured into such secret gang-cults are innocent and ignorant of the activities of the gang they joined until it is too late. And when they do, getting out becomes a life threatening move. This fear often paralyses students from leaving or denouncing their membership, and after a while, it becomes a habit to carry out the orders of the group, sinking them further, almost to the point of no return.

4 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by PerfectMatchNG: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
Role of Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians have a crucial role in preventing and stopping the recruitment of their children and wards by being active, attentive and watchful carers.

Often there are signs to look out for when a child is about to be recruited, has joined, or would make a recruit that attracts gang coordinators. Wearing certain colours of handkerchiefs, bangles, buttons on school shirt or trousers, belts; smell of drugs on uniforms; tendencies to hide or hide things; use of phone to watch pornography; telling lies, stealing, stubbornness, disobedience, indiscipline, not studious, addiction to substance abuse, acts of bullying, anger issues, and other anti-social behaviours are often good pointers to watch out for.

Parents must be decisive in nipping such acts, habits or behaviour in the bud. Parents must work on, and up their parenting skills. Inability to discipline an erring child or control a child, not with threat, intimidation or inflicting injury, but with tough love will prevent the child from thinking they can do bad and there will be no consequences for bad behaviour. Children must learn that there are consequences for bad behaviour and anti-social tendencies.

When a child tells his or her parents they don’t need pocket money but are found using phones, watches, clothes, or any other items they as parents didn’t buy for them, fathers and mothers must worry and ask questions. If it means returning said gifts, confiscating or burning them, parents must do so to drive home a point: all gifts given must get their approval before they are accepted or used; if a child is not working, there’s no way he or she can have money, or buy himself or herself things. It raises the question of lies and stealing and this must be investigated thoroughly.
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by yazga: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
Root Causes and Triggers: Spotting Them on Time
Some of the following are triggers or vulnerability pointers that’s at the root of children falling prey to secret-cult-gangs:
Emotional sickness

• Children from broken homes may find solace in being members of secret cults if not given proper upbringing
• Permissiveness in home and the society
• Child abuse, physical assault, emotional abuse, neglect or abandonment by parents
• Peer group influence
• Quest for power and revenge
• Popularity and wealth
• False promises to ignorant and innocent students
• School environment where teachers are recruiters, hence lure gullible children
• Lack of proper counselling both at home and in school
• Bad religious teaching focused on instant gratification, wealth, and material acquisition no matter the means
• Low critical thinking skills of student as a result of sub-per or poor standards of education
• Children living in a home where being part of secret cults is the norm
• Inadequate welfare programme for children
• Inconducive learning environment
• Discrimination, bullying, and intimidation increases fear and insecurity among students
• Sexual harassment, rape
• Curiosity about sex
• Not inculcating high moral values and discipline
• Government lukewarm attitude for enacting strict laws to tackle secret-cult gangsterism

In conclusion, children want to trust their parents and guardians implicitly if they show they can be trusted too. Children are loyal to carers or someone who really listens to and understand them; someone who can empathise with them and guide them without intimidation or threat. When secret-gang-cults present themselves as better alternatives, and children join such groups, then as teachers, parents and guardians, it may be because we did not do enough. To all parents who are giving their best, don’t relent

4 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Gracebewithme: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
enthronedbyGod1:

It's a very terrible thing for one's hands to be blood stained, unfortunately many youths don't care about this.

I know what it took me to get out of that mess and I don't wish my enemy to go through what I went through, both as a cult boy and as a believer in God.

Hi. Welcome back. I missed your posts. I have a few questions i reserved for you

1. if you never shed blood, can you make it to the position of an axe head or the second in line?

2. Is Krf, the god of Ayes worshiped as an actual deity separate from God almighty or it’s just a monicker or an Alias for the supreme God above.

3. I know axemen who are choristers, instrument players and active church goers. If krf is worshipped as a deity, how come they are able to pray in church coupled with all the charms and what not without falling under the anointing of God?

4. I can’t stand the sight of blood. I start to feel woozy at the sight of a deep cut. For those who kill, do they have more tolerance for gore or are they exactly like me but get used to it over time?

5. How come the spirit of rivals killed never attack the killers?

6. Is there any confirmation to the cult groups that their gods exist? Eg. A sign, dreams, visions etc. If no then why are they still revered

7 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by hustla(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gracebewithme:

4. I can’t stand the sight of blood. I start to feel woozy at the sight of a deep cut. For those who kill, do they have more tolerance for gore or are they exactly like me but get used to it over time?

4. I think they get used to it over time, the first is often the hardestas described by that guy on the lasu HITs thread. I also think it also depends on the manner in which rivals are killed. For instance, you are bound to rmbr someone who was begging before being macheted than someone who was shot once at close range

5. LOL, American Serial killers dont even get killed by spirits of those that they kill, i think all that is down to our penchance to believe supernatural stuff

I never do any before but the above is how i believe it is smiley

I no fit stand where them dey kill chicken/cow sef grin

7 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gracebewithme:

Hi. Welcome back. I missed your posts. I have a few questions i reserved for you

1. if you never shed blood, can you make it to the position of an axe head or the second in line?

2. Is Krf, the god of Ayes worshiped as an actual deity separate from God almighty or it’s just a monicker or an Alias for the supreme God above.

3. I know axemen who are choristers, instrument players and active church goers. If krf is worshipped as a deity, how come they are able to pray in church coupled with all the charms and what not without falling under the anointing of God?

so u think they worship idols.....lmao....dem dey go church well,in fact they like front seat, and for the reason they don't fall under the anointing, I guess its because of the same reason adulterers, fornicators,fraudsters,liars e.t.c don't fall too.

4 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
You are wrong about white angels
OBelz:
You see with the infiltration of cultism into secondary schools, they have become many female cult group. Notable ones are
Black Bra or Black Brassieres or Black Bowls or Black Queens-Ayes
Vice Queen (Vipers)
Red Devil Girls/Red Rose-Pirates
TG Girls (Trigger Girls),
F-Tibi (Future Tibi),
White Angels (JVC – Junior Vikings), 'Whitey’,
Pink Lady (Apache),
Bad Dragon,
Blue Birds Eiye
Red Sea- Buccaneers Association of Nigeria (BAN) or Alora Human influence is a powerful social variable that can make or mar a girl’s sense of worth, academic performance, career choices and vulnerabilities.

Many students that belong stated that their parents are too busy for them and do not care about their welfare or academics as long as they are seen attending school. Ify clearly stated that she plans to run away from home because of undue parental pressure on all fronts right from secondary school.

Another student noted that her parents are forcing her to go against her desires. One complained about intimidation from her folks, another complained that her parent have anger issues, and often transfer their aggression on her.

Some complain of lack of money from parents to buy books, many carrying worn bags or wearing torn shoes and designers. A few expressed strong desires for not being able to buy other simple things, like a favorite dress. A few other parental issues like emotional abuse (insults thrown at student constantly), lack of trust, parents’ assumed conclusion that student must be a bad child at school, overburden with excessive house chores, lack of attention, love and care from parents/guardian, and insistent from parents that student must hawk were a number of pressures these make these girl want to belong.

Cultism makes cult students live in fear and are ruled by fear. The fear is as a result of possible attack by rival groups. In their halls of
residence they are afraid, in lecture rooms, library and even while walking along the streets they are afraid. All these lead to loss of concentration
in their studies. Some on their own stop going to lectures because of threat from rival groups.

Some parents have to withdraw their wards from school because of threat from cultists. For some, that may be the end of their schooling. Cultists disrupt normal school activities. In the event of fighting among rival groups or adverse security reports of possible out-break of violence as a result of cult activities.

In 2002, a cultist female student in Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria, and a girl-friend of a cultist in University of Benin, Nigeria, was killed and hewed into pieces on the instruction of her boy-friend. The offence she committed was that she said she wanted to pull out of the relationship to enable her marry. See my first post about leaving the group.

Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria, in 2005. A mercenary who was hired from University of Benin, Nigeria, to write a paper for the girl-friend fired gun shots in the examination hall to escape arrest. This led to confusion everywhere. He was later rusticated and cause serous mayhem in school environment.

A case in point is the event which took place at Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria. Two young men walked into an examination venue and fired gun shots into the air to scare people away. In the confusion which ensued, they got at their target and murdered him in cold blood

Delta State University in Abraka, the activities of secret cult groups resulted in the death of a Principal Assistant Registrar and his wife. Two secret cult groups – the and the Bucaneers were engaged in what appeared like an all-out war.

Students of Delta State University in Abraka, carried out a massive destruction of some parts of the campus on 7th September, 2002. The Vice Chancellor’s lodge was burnt in the process, so also was the department of linguistic building.

On 5th August, 2002 a 300 level economics student was shot and slaughtered at the Dalimore area of Ado-Ekiti, the Capital City of Ekiti State, the source of the crime was traced to cultists. Incidentally the slain student was the only child of his parents.

At the University of Jos in Plateau State, reported that two undergraduates were callously shot dead while they were deeply asleep. This happened when some cultist groups were engaged in a battle of supremacy during the miss “Unijos” competition.

In Edo State, reported that some criminals suspected to be cultists set a house ablaze at 32 Omokaro Street, Benin City when the cultists, after ransacking the house could not find the people they were looking for

Cultists spearhead riots at the slightest complaint. In the process of rioting, they loot school property, burn down buildings, humiliate school authorities, create uncertainty and hardship in the school community and breakdown of law and order. A former Vice Chancellor of Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria, during a riot was carried in a car boot to Edo State University, Ekpoma, Nigeria, blindfolded. How they were able to get a whole VC.? Your guess is a s good as mine. There is a saying that say EVERY MAN HAS A PRICE

In the event of fighting rival groups, they kill one another. Parents, relations and friends lose loved ones. Parents who had spent all their resources to bring up their children and wards for dependence at old age live the remaining part of their lives unhappy, frustrated and full of regrets.

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
QueeenKKfire:
You are wrong about white angels

Obviously @obelz experience entails secondary school cult groups evident from JVC (Junior Vikings Confraternity) and the members' ages stated, tho this thread focuses more on tertiary institution cult groups which is the herald of cultism&in that scenario, White Angels is the female counterpart of Jurist Confraternity while that of Vikings is Viqueens.

Hopefully you've not changed your mind about sharing your efficient GoatMeat to encourage more to #saynotocultism.

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
I'm 85% sure White Angels is the female counterpart Klansman Confraternity.
Besides what the hell is jurist Confraternity?
Accountability:

Obviously @obelz experience entails secondary school cult groups evident from JVC (Junior Vikings Confraternity) stated, tho this thread focuses more on tertiary institution cult groups which is the herald of cultism&in that scenario, White Angels is the female counterpart of Jurist Confraternity while that of Vikings is Viqueens.

Hopefully you've not changed your mind about sharing your efficient gOaT meat to encourage more to #saynotocultism.
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
QueeenKKfire:

Yea, both Klansmen&Jurist's female counterparts are White Angels, tho that of Klansmen are more referred to as Maria while that of Jurist is more of White Angels from the similarities in their colour code of dressing. If you are unfamiliar with Jurist Confraternity aka Amici, you can click my moniker&view my posts to separately see my posts on the major campus cult groups.

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by GeeBeeWillie(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
Gtuism is called for Education

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kingfish542: 6:38pm On Jun 24, 2020
is kegites a cult group?
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by GeeBeeWillie(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by ResourceMan(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Accountability:

you can click my moniker&view my posts to separately see my posts on the major campus cult groups.

From that your list, I saw Israeli Judges Confraternity.
I have never heard of them at all.
Which cult did they break out from?
Where is there stronghold?
What are their belief (secrecy or gangsterism)?
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by wumi22(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
Kingfish542:
is kegites a cult group?

Me think so grin
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by OBelz(f): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
Accountability:

Obviously @obelz experience entails secondary school cult groups evident from JVC (Junior Vikings Confraternity) and the members' ages stated, tho this thread focuses more on tertiary institution cult groups which is the herald of cultism&in that scenario, White Angels is the female counterpart of Jurist Confraternity while that of Vikings is Viqueens.

Hopefully you've not changed your mind about sharing your efficient gOaT meat to encourage more to #saynotocultism.
You don't know me and should not just conclude. I have been there, seen & done it. I haven't even revealed the useless group and have gotten threat's.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pierced(f): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
OBelz:
You don't know me and should not just conclude. I have been there, seen & done it. I haven't even revealed the useless group and have gotten threat's.

I don't think he was concluding on anything.....he was only clarifying some things which u got wrong.

8 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Pierced(f): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Kingfish542:
is kegites a cult group?

Not really......but most of them are affiliated with one cult or another.

So if u are joining.... don't expect to be neutral as most of them are members of a cult group and will be planning on recuiting u.

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Phantom66: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Accountability:

Yea, both Klansmen&Jurist's female counterparts are White Angels, tho that of Klansmen are more referred to as Maria while that of Jurist is more of White Angels from tthe similarities in their colour code of dressing. If you are unfamiliar with Jurist Confraternity aka Amici, you can click my moniker&view my posts to separately see my posts on the major campus cult groups.

When a girl is called Maria she is not White Angel. Maria is the opposite of Edu.

Maria is the name given to the unreal girlfriend of the Klansman while Edu is the name given to the main girlfriend of the Klansman.

That is why in the klan we say Edu na Massa. Massa is used to refer to cultists from other frats, e.g Massa Ban Chaf - Buccaneer

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
OBelz:

@OBelz, I didn't conclude nor dispute your story, was only clarifying an info with @QueeenKKfire and reminding him of his promise.
However for easy comprehension, kindly ensure your story follows the pattern below, number 3 (very detailed initiation process) very importanter. Tho members' names can be changed for security reasons, name of cult group is required to convince your viewers that all cult groups are evil and encourage aspiring members&undergraduates to #saynotocultism entirely. OP @saynotocultism faced worst when sharing his story, so kindly ignore the empty threats, pms and derailing comments.

Cryomancer:
You can start this way, but it must be a detailed write up and contains lots of lessons for people to learn from

1. Your kind of person and your ways before you became a BAN boy

2. Full details of your encounter with the BAN guys and what led to your complete initiation.

3. Initiatian process and rites that were performed during the initiation.

4. Your dealings after becoming a Buccaneer (Hits, missions, flexings, jor jor, benefits)

5. Your worst and life threatening encounters as a BAN boy.

6. Your regrets after discovering that the movement is a lie and not a way of life.

7. And other thing you can remember to add on your own.

8. Your message to young ones out there and those who are already in the game but wants to leave but they don't know how to ho about it.

P.s: kindly remember to hide sensitive information about yourself which can help other BAN boys to track and find you easily.

I hope this helps to guide you through the write up.

I wish you goodluck Sir.

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Dayoung335: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
Lol grin

QueeenKKfire:

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by GreenArrow1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
QueeenKKfire:

The Jurist confraternity exists. In Benue, they are heavily present in Otukpo town. I have a cousin who is a staunch member.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Accountability: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Phantom66:
Maria is the name given to the unreal girlfriend of the Klansman while Edu is the name given to the main girlfriend of the Klansman.

You interchanged this particular info. "Edu na massa, Maria na glory", this KK piping is self explanatory implying Edu is an unserious girlfriend of a KK member and can be used by a rival cult member/massa to plot against that KK member or she might even belong to the female counterpart of a rival cult group/massa, while Maria is the serious spouse or wife of a KK member and a glory to the Konfraternity.

6 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by chinedumo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
Finally
A female ruggedity
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
Accountability:

You interchanged this particular info. "Edu na massa, Maria na glory", this KK piping is self explanatory implying Edu is an unserious girlfriend of a KK member and can be used by a rival cult member/massa to plot against that KK member or she might even belong to the female counterpart of a rival cult group/massa, while Maria is the serious spouse or wife of a KK member and a glory to the Konfraternity.
You are piping efficiently

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (644) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.