Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup (34815 Views)

Ronaldo Missing,as FIFA Names Messi, Mbappe Others For FIFA BEST / Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Nigerian Striker Dele Bashiru Leaves Man City To Join Watford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Quality20(m): 5:06am On May 26, 2019
but why didn't weah's son play for nija instead. Abi nija no de use other countries talents ni?
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Nobody: 5:15am On May 26, 2019
The first son of Liberia representing USA! Na wa o
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by ogbonti: 5:42am On May 26, 2019
OBTMOS:
Somebody should please send me even if it's 5k, am stranded. 0007852080 unity bank

Na who send you message?
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Bonapart(m): 6:03am On May 26, 2019
AK481:
The president of Liberia son is playing for the USA
big shame if you ask me
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Rajosh(m): 6:46am On May 26, 2019
kheny12:
Mr kobalization,how will a Liberian citizen will also be an American citizen. was it because USA colonized them and there flag also look the same.
He's not representing them because they were colonized by the U.S He's American born.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by DelphiOracle(m): 7:19am On May 26, 2019
AK481:
it sound somehow. Anyways maybe it is d son's decision.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Parrot69: 8:03am On May 26, 2019
Ask him. Very ignorant nitwit.
kheny12:
Mr kobalization,how will a Liberian citizen will also be an American citizen. was it because USA colonized them and there flag also look the same.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Parrot69: 8:10am On May 26, 2019
Still doesn’t make sense. We have British born who represents Nigeria. Weah & his son were selfish. But since he said he wants To rebuild the National team, let’s see ‘’if’’ he can compel his Son to represent Liberia at senior level.
Rajosh:
He's not representing them because they were colonized by the U.S He's American born.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by DeRay98(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2019
AK481:
He was born and raised in the U.S., hence, he's an American. His mother is Jamaican.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Nobody: 8:23am On May 26, 2019
OBTMOS:
Somebody should please send me even if it's 5k, am stranded. 0007852080 unity bank
Me I don't have capital letter K like others, kk that's two small letter k use it to take bike go and cashout the capital letter ones
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Retchix: 8:30am On May 26, 2019
Elbone2:

Yeah and Ukraine beat them 2:1 Yesterday.... Overrated Tim Weah...Lets see how it goes when they take on Flying Eagles Dele-Bashiru on Monday.
. i don't know why the USA cannot play or even trap a all. they USA gave the name soccer but can't play soccer.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by robosky02(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2019
imamtobi:
The first son of Liberia representing USA! Na wa o

He was born there
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by MrBONE2(m): 9:24am On May 26, 2019
AK481:

That means he is not a true African grin

Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by vickydevoka(m): 9:33am On May 26, 2019
careytommy37:

K K K K K K K K K K

Just made it 20K cool
I can see gud people of nairaland sending K's to a stranded brother. Keep de gud work, I commend ur act of generosity
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by lewis512(m): 10:07am On May 26, 2019
kheny12:
Do ream more about them man, am aint paid for lectures ...happy sunday
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Nobody: 10:45am On May 26, 2019
robosky02:

He was born there
i don't doubt the citizenship. I only question the patriotism of the family to Liberia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by MobilityExpress: 10:45am On May 26, 2019
AK481:
grin , well maybe because Liberia country was founded by free black American slaves
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by robosky02(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2019
imamtobi:
i don't doubt the citizenship. I only question the patriotism of the family to Liberia
see even the father wish he could join nigeria to be at the world cup

So the son will not waste this chance of going with usa

Cos you can guarantee liberias chance
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by Biggcake: 12:04pm On May 26, 2019
madjune:

They were colonized by US.

Somehow its easier for them to emigrate and naturalize as US citizens but their sense of nationalism runs deep unlike the average Nigerian.

They are mostly comfortable at home, Liberia.

Liberia was never colonized by any country.. It only served as a land for freed slaves who returned from America. Being that the majority of freed slaves landed there, it was only normal for them to adopt every culture of America including their national flag which has a slight difference with a lone star. The Liberians hardly have native names like every other African countries. The bear names like " Weah, Doe, Prince, Johnson, Taylor, Sir leaf, etc...

These are all foreign names...
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by madjune(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2019
Biggcake:

Liberia was never colonized by any country.. It only served as a land for freed slaves who returned from America. Being that the majority of freed slaves landed there, it was only normal for them to adopt every culture of America including their national flag which has a slight difference with a lone star. The Liberians hardly have native names like every other African countries. The bear names like " Weah, Doe, Prince, Johnson, Taylor, Sir leaf, etc...

These are all foreign names...

Yea you right.

Then, they've close affinity with the states based on their history.
Re: FIFA names Nigeria’s Dele-Bashiru, Weah’s son among players to watch at U-20 Cup by booksrite(f): 3:03am On Jun 29, 2019

cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.