Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

The Unfaithfulness Of Christian Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unfaithfulness Of Christian Politicians (194 Views)

Christian Politicians And Their Wicked And Evil Prayers / Release Evidence Of Christian Boko Haram Members, CAN Tells Zulum / Buhari Should Do His 2nd Term, Christian Politicians Are Deceiving Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unfaithfulness Of Christian Politicians by desmond2pk: 1:42pm On May 26, 2019
Last week, i read with shock, Rotimi Amechi's word that he is grateful to President Buhari for not converting him to Islam.
I don't know the church Mr Amechi attends but i am certain that he is atleast an elder in which ever church he attends. Yes, a christian elder is grateful that someone else, who is a Muslim didn't convert him.
This tell alot about Mr.Amechi and the spirit within him, and what he is loyal to.
In Nigeria, its like there are two different types of Christian faith, One for politicians and one for ordinary people.
Ordinary people are expecting to win souls, in their offices, market places and streets. Everyday, the church pushes them, encourages them to win souls.
But i do not think its the same with politicians and GOs. The sold called GOs hardly try to convert big politicians when they have the opportunity. For example, during 2015 election, when the likes of Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola and their entourages came to Redeemed church to see blessing. You would think that Baba Adeboye would preach Jesus, salvation and chritianity as the only way to salvation. You would think that the GO would try to preach to them to accept Christ. No.
They don't want to offend them. Yes. The bible said

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in His Father's glory with the holy angels"

Away from these big men politicians, these pastors, like roaring lions, would charge their congregation to fearlessly go and win souls, of which some of them have been killed while doing this work.
You would also think, that when these people are killed, that the GOs would charge their friends politicians to make sure justice is served or even charge them to help protect their members who are winning souls to increase the membership of the church.
No. They do not want to offend their politician friends.
Jesus said in Luke 12:9
But whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.
In this country, we have a Christian Vice president and pastors like Femi Adesina who works with the president. You would think that by now that would be revival in Aso rock . No. These so called Pastos have been blinded by fear that they would rather attend a Ramadan fast breaking feast by their muslim friends than to identify with any church activity in Aso rock.

The bible said in revelation 21 v 8, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death".
The vice president was not a known politician before he was selected as a running mate to Mr. Buhari. He was elected to get the favour of Christians as a pastor and it worked. My neighbor was for GEJ until Buhari made Osabanjo, a pastor in redeemed his running mate. He switched over immediately to PMB camp. You would think that the vice president would speak for Christians or defend them in any bad situation. Nigeria Christians in the north are the most persecuted Christians worldwide. They are killed, raped, their churches burnt, their leaders killed or kidnapped but rather, the VP in many occasions have blamed the Christians. He is not alone. Mr. Femi Adesina has said, to indeginous people who are majorly christians to give their lands to the fulani muslims, to spare their lives.
None of them, at any time, has tried, to defend the christians, or to win souls from among their fellow politicians.
Re: The Unfaithfulness Of Christian Politicians by Odetokun3(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2019
U can't be a Christian or Muslim and be a Nigerian politician.

In Nigeria, politics is a religion on it's own, we have Christians, Muslims, politics, traditional religion and so on. But the list is incomplete without politics

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Leaders / Shun Sentiment / Court, Last Hope Of Common Man- Adetimehin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.